Coronavirus

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
It's a bit strange, but think it's just my age and season in life. That weird middle age setting in, hormones, etc
COMEDIAN: "I'm getting older. Got my new glasses the other day, just in time to see my wife get her first chin whisker. So I threw those f*ckers away..."
It was a bookstore which made money by tapping into consumer demand for books in a new way (internet shopping).
Yeah, but it was a bookstore that sold books at a loss until Bezos ran Borders out of business which was the plan...
big difference between these and surgical or n95 masks are the wiring that closes the openings around your mouth. There are other differences between these two styles but that is a significant one.
Got mines...
1584208158973.png

justjess

Superstar
They are using machine learning to try and find a vaccine for this virus.

Also Trump said that Google will be used to track the virus propagation and triage people for testing sites.

Seems to me like this apparently engineered crisis will serve basically the same purpose as 911 did. To unify the world in fighting a common threat with the end result being more surveillance and a globalised AI controlled society. Add to that the recent progress in quantum computing and we might soon reach the Singularity that so many transhumanists are having wet dreams about.
Google quickly came out and clarified that’s not the case.

Alphabet is developing a very limited system to use in Silicon Valley as a test run that is nowhere near completion nor intended for national roll out any where in the foreseeable future.

Thunderian

Superstar
My wife works in retail and she just found out they’re only going to open from 1-6 for the next few weeks. Their numbers have been down 50% lately. She’s management and will still get hours, but the staff are going to be hurting.

For me, nothing much will change. I’ve been off work since last September. :cool:

The Zone

Star
Pennsylvania - everything will close but grocery stores (mostly delivery), pharmacies gas stations and restaurants will only deliver. Police in Yonkers NY shuts down Costco from panic shopping. People are selling stuff on the black market already and if caught they should get what they deserve. Item limits took until today to go into place. The U.K. and Ireland added to US travel ban. E-mails coming in left and right with stores closing early.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Where did you hear that Pennsylvania is shutting down? I live here.. the last I heard it was just the schools and large public gatherings..

Also: I just got toilet paper and my tomato’s for my sauce!!! Thanks god..

Thunderian

Superstar
Pennsylvania - everything will close but grocery stores (mostly delivery), pharmacies gas stations and restaurants will only deliver. Police in Yonkers NY shuts down Costco from panic shopping. People are selling stuff on the black market already and if caught they should get what they deserve. Item limits took until today to go into place. The U.K. and Ireland added to US travel ban. E-mails coming in left and right with stores closing early.
A couple in my area were hitting all the local Costco’s and buying all the sanitizer wipes, then reselling them on Amazon for a profit. Amazon shut their account down and now they’re sitting on $50,000 worth of bleach wipes.

Haich

Superstar
Don't read the daily mail but these pictures show how much we are running low on essentials...https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8111897/Britons-form-huge-queues-purchase-toilet-roll-strip-shelves-bare-panic-buying-continues.html

People are panic buying and I woke up at 6am to do my usual weekly shop to be greeted with empty shelves...no dry foods such as pasta and rice...of course tissues, wipes...I mean it was stressful to be in the store with people pushing and arguing over dish soap and bread...

I appreciate this isn't the case for quieter towns but in the big cities it is becoming increasingly tight and I think the government should step in and limit produce so every customer gets a fair amount...

Thankfully I have a few packets of pasta but with a family I do really need to think about driving to the outskirts of London maybe to find produce ...

My sister in law struggled to find baby formula yesterday and was panicking....luckily we found one last box in a pharmacy out of town...we have a limit of 2 boxes per customer but people have been driving around and buying from different stores in bulk...

You'd think they would have stocked enough food for months but they just keep on coming back!

Incredibly selfish in my opinion, only buy what you need and stock up responsibly...

justjess

Superstar
I haven’t been able to find my tomato’s for weeks.. this is like a necessity. I usually food shop down closer to Scranton because all we have out here is a tiny little local grocer that charges higher prices then closer to the city

This morning the local grocer (its literally across the street from my house) posted on Facebook that they were fully stocked, so I rushed down there and they have ALL the toilet paper and tomato’s.

I think small local grocers might be the best bet.

Haich

Superstar
I haven’t been able to find my tomato’s for weeks.. this is like a necessity. I usually food shop down closer to Scranton because all we have out here is a tiny little local grocer that charges higher prices then closer to the city

This morning the local grocer (its literally across the street from my house) posted on Facebook that they were fully stocked, so I rushed down there and they have ALL the toilet paper and tomato’s.

I think small local grocers might be the best bet.
Yh I think you're right, unfortunately we have corner shops which aren't the most hygienic but I've been told they have tissues and wipes and general household stuff...

I couldn't even find bin bags! I guess we have to be strategic with how we shop and rely less on supermarkets...

Awoken2

Superstar
Why don't you all just stop pushing the media fear and go out and catch the virus, get through it, and carry on with your lives?*

You all saw how a 74 year old diabetic got through it, so just tap your face and dance and stop trying to panic everybody else. Capichè?

* Not advisable for anybody with "underlying health issues" like old age, but fine if your a diabetic or have a cold....or tooth infection.:rolleyes:

justjess

Superstar
Why don't you all just stop pushing the media fear and go out and catch the virus, get through it, and carry on with your lives?*

You all saw how a 74 year old diabetic got through it, so just tap your face and dance and stop trying to panic everybody else. Capichè?

* Not advisable for anybody with "underlying health issues" like old age, but fine if your a diabetic or have a cold....or tooth infection.:rolleyes:
Commenting on current events that are effecting us is not pushing media fear.

Vixy

Star
Did you guys see the singing Italians?

LOL theyre on their balconies playing different instruments and all together it comes to their national song. :D All joyful while Wuhans hanging over their windowframes crying in suicidal tendencies.

Vixy

Star
I have seasonal allergies and hay fever comes with an occasional cough. I have to literally gag while running somewhere to get a little cough out in public for fear of being shot. I have seen others clearly sick in public who hack their tail off. It is strange out there right now and I am seeing hair triggers on many people. We all have to step back a bit at times and I am trying to do so, but it is tough right now and serious. Even those of us who realize this was orchestrated are pissed that we must adhere to the situation. This whole thing has shown me how unprepared and shallow humans are where some are fighting in stores. If we are not careful, it will lead to Martial Law unless it gets better in the next two to three weeks. Imagine what this would be like if they cut out the Internet. I have a gut we will pull out of this in a month, I hope.
I gotta admit, I stop breathing when someone coughs. But then youre like: ..have..to..breeeathe. And u cant help but to inhale a big breath and then "NOOOOOO!! Why did I do that?"

LOL It must look really funny.

Last edited:
Guys, I just went to the grocery store today. I only needed to buy oatmeal, toilet paper, bread, milk, fruit, chips, etc you know, the NECESSARY things but nearly everything was gone. I only ended up getting oatmeal, bread, and some fruit. The line was as long as a school hallway and I was mad because I was somewhere in the back with less than 6 items while everyone else had carts of foods you can imagine. It took about 20 or so minutes but I was finally at the front.

The only good thing was I witnessed people helping each other, trying to make the line move quicker, having great conversations in a time like this. Heck, I even conversed with some adults in line.

I don't know why, but if everything is fine and dandy, I don't like talking to people because they're going to be egocentric and out of their minds but as soon as a crisis happens and people are vulnerable and serious, that's when I like talking to people because they act more appropriate and modest. Can't believe people only act that way if something like THIS happens.

I'm waking up early to go to the store again tomorrow, perhaps at 6:45 in the morning, hopefully they've restocked a little.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
THINGS I FIND CONCERNING:
It hangs in the air for 3 hours...
It can live on surfaces 3 days and some reports say as long as 9 days...
Incubation period can be as long as 37 days asymptomatic...
It can travel around on your shoes so they are saying don't wear your shoes into your house (this part reminds me of dog parvo)

We just got hit with a pollen bomb that is only going to confuse the issue further...

MOOD:
1584212995729.png