Coronavirus

THINGS I FIND CONCERNING:
It hangs in the air for 3 hours...
It can live on surfaces 3 days and some reports say as long as 9 days...
Incubation period can be as long as 37 days asymptomatic...
It can travel around on your shoes so they are saying don't wear your shoes into your house (this part reminds me of dog parvo)

We just got hit with a pollen bomb that is only going to confuse the issue further...

MOOD:
Britain, Germany, Italy is literally shut down, Russia, flights to Europe have been canceled...seriously, why is this virus mostly attracted towards European nations?? I keep asking this, I seriously want to know if anyone knows anything.

Vixy

Star
Guys, I just went to the grocery store today. I only needed to buy oatmeal, toilet paper, bread, milk, fruit, chips, etc you know, the NECESSARY things but nearly everything was gone. I only ended up getting oatmeal, bread, and some fruit. The line was as long as a school hallway and I was mad because I was somewhere in the back with less than 6 items while everyone else had carts of foods you can imagine. It took about 20 or so minutes but I was finally at the front.

The only good thing was I witnessed people helping each other, trying to make the line move quicker, having great conversations in a time like this. Heck, I even conversed with some adults in line.

I don't know why, but if everything is fine and dandy, I don't like talking to people because they're going to be egocentric and out of their minds but as soon as a crisis happens and people are vulnerable and serious, that's when I like talking to people because they act more appropriate and modest. Can't believe people only act that way if something like THIS happens.

I'm waking up early to go to the store again tomorrow, perhaps at 6:45 in the morning, hopefully they've restocked a little.
Do. NOT. CONVERSE! You will get CORONA!

..lol..sorry, couldnt help it.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
People are selling stuff on the black market already and if caught they should get what they deserve.
Yeahhhhh, but that's not really how the free market works. These are items that people actually want and are willing to pay for. I feel ya on the gouging, but the price is decided by what the market will bear. As I once heard it put by a Catholic priest working in Baltimore, "It's unAmerican for me to tell them not to sell crack on the corner. That's unAmerican." I saw somebody selling Rexall face masks ($1.50) for $29.99 on eBay before they shut all of that down, and they had already sold 140 boxes.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
THINGS I FIND CONCERNING:
It hangs in the air for 3 hours...
It can live on surfaces 3 days and some reports say as long as 9 days...
Incubation period can be as long as 37 days asymptomatic...
It can travel around on your shoes so they are saying don't wear your shoes into your house (this part reminds me of dog parvo)

We just got hit with a pollen bomb that is only going to confuse the issue further...

MOOD:
Oh man, that Italian guy..You can see his dead wife in the background. And she laying there dead of corona means he will get it and die alone in the apartment. Talk about anxiety. You can see her face has begun to rot aswell bc its collapsing.

rainerann

Star
Britain, Germany, Italy is literally shut down, Russia, flights to Europe have been canceled...seriously, why is this virus mostly attracted towards European nations?? I keep asking this, I seriously want to know if anyone knows anything.
I want to say it is because of the colder temperatures. I was waiting to see how Africa would be holding out and still haven't really heard about Coronavirus there. Possibly the heat. Several pages back in this thread, I posted a study that was done in 2010 about Coronavirus. It said it optimally dies at around 104 F or 40 C and 50% humidity, but it can survive in higher levels of humidity. I am not a weather expert on some of these locations, but the hotter places seem to all be surrounded by water or the cases seem to be rapidly increasing in colder climates. This could be why.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
The video of the singing Italians is beautiful.. I almost started crying. I think I might just start babysitting out of my house.. babysitting up to 3 unrelated children does not require a license.
I would have a good think about that first. Kids aren't really threatened by this as much, and are the prime carriers. From what I've seen no kid under 10 has died from it. Like the doctor in Italy stated:"The grandkids are killing the grandparents." Food for thought...

rainerann

Star
Yeahhhhh, but that's not really how the free market works. These are items that people actually want and are willing to pay fpr. I feel ya on the gouging, but the price is decided by what the market will bear. As I once heard it put by a Catholic priest working in Baltimore, "It's unAmerican for me to tell them not to sell crack on the corner. That's unAmerican." I saw somebody selling Rexall face masks ($1.50) for $29.99 on eBay before they shut all of that down, and they had already sold 140 boxes.
The store I shop in was out of toilet paper, so I looked online to avoid having to go to another store and found out that people are selling four rolls for 20 dollars. It is just unbelievable to me that this is what people choose to do in response to this situation or that anyone would pay that much for toilet paper. I ended up having to go to five stores and finally found some at a store that started putting a limit on how much you could buy at one time. They had some in a go back cart by the register from someone who must have exceeded the limit and I grabbed it.

It's just like these people aren't really even worried about the virus. They are acting like getting toilet paper is the same thing as panning for gold. One of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. Anyways, I now have toilet paper for the next two months, so that is a relief.

justjess

Superstar
I would have a good think about that first. Kids aren't really threatened by this as much, and are the prime carriers. Like the doctor in Italy stated:"The grandkids are killing the grandparents." Food for thought...
Yeah I know... I work in a school. Those kids are always sick. BUT.. people still need to go to work and since I’ve been relieved of that obligation for the foreseeable future

See a need, fill a need.

justjess

Superstar
The store I shop in was out of toilet paper, so I looked online to avoid having to go to another store and found out that people are selling four rolls for 20 dollars. It is just unbelievable to me that this is what people choose to do in response to this situation or that anyone would pay that much for toilet paper. I ended up having to go to five stores and finally found some at a store that started putting a limit on how much you could buy at one time. They had some in a go back cart by the register from someone who must have exceeded the limit and I grabbed it.

It's just like these people aren't really even worried about the virus. They are acting like getting toilet paper is the same thing as panning for gold. One of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. Anyways, I now have toilet paper for the next two months, so that is a relief.
I think at this point people are just scared they aren’t going to have toilet paper. It’s absurd.. but I get it. I have toilet paper but I went and bought more this morning because it seems like this toilet paper shortage might be an ongoing problem plus we have a lot of elderly ladies on my block and I’m a bit worried about them being able to get what they need since they aren’t mobile to begin with or really that comprehending of what’s going on.. I’d hope if it comes to it to be able to look out for them.

Wigi

Veteran
Because we have incompetent governments who would rather point a gun to the head of all Europeans rather than controlling the borders and temporary put a stop to the Schengen area. Also we have many companies who moved to China because workers out there do the job for low wages compared to what we have here.
We're paying the cynicism of globalization in the name of profit.

Dalit

Star
Wth?! Very disconcerting. :-(

Heard an old lady cough near me in Lidl and I moved quite fast away, but in as polite a way possible hopefully. Some Asians were in there wearing masks. Saw older people wearing masks in Costco, too.

Have noticed that red meat is selling out fast everywhere. So, everyone, get your meat.

Awoken2

Superstar
Commenting on current events that are effecting us is not pushing media fear.
The media create our current events to push along globalist agenda's in my opinion. There is some quite compelling evidence for this theory....do you think the media are now telling the truth all of a sudden?.....why?

justjess

Superstar
The media create our current events to push along globalist agenda's in my opinion. There is some quite compelling evidence for this theory....do you think the media are now telling the truth all of a sudden?.....why?
I’m not trusting the media bro. I was literally just laid off yesterday. I don’t need the media to tell me that

I’m not trusting the media bro. I was literally just laid off yesterday. I don’t need the media to tell me that
sorry to hear about that Jess, businesses are shutting down for at least 2 weeks where I live in Canada.

The media is a doube edge sword I think

they push agendas, but they dont necessarily do so by telling outright lies.

Are the media fearmongering ? I would say yes they are to an extent, but its not like they are going as far as they could with it. I mean they are telling us that its mostly old and sick people dying, they are telling us that most people effected will have mild symptoms. So if they truly wanted to create that much fear, they would be trying to downplay all of that, but they aren't.

Its hard to tell what is really going on and what we should believe.

I think its great that on this forum people from UK, Canada, US, whereever else can all share our intel on what is going on in our communities so we can, have a more informed idea of what is actually going on.

Ultimately regarding the media, they will be used to push the so called "solution" to all of this, and that is when we really need to be skeptical. I am sure they will begin a big vaccine push regarding this.