The original diet of mankind and the Old Testament Dietary Laws, do they still apply?

Nutrition (Diet)

Summary: What we eat is important. Most people eat things because they like them. And what's wrong with that? Shouldn't we like the things we eat?

Eating often represents good times, friends, getting out of the house, or family get-togethers.

But should the content of our food be thought about at all—or is taste the only criteria?

The fact is, eating intelligently does matter. What we eat affects us a lot. Our lifestyle and diet contribute to sickness and disease, and also affect our mood, our ability to handle stress, and our general well-being. And taste is not always a good indicator of healthy food.

The meaning of diet goes beyond eating the ideal foods. Indulgence of appetite and gluttony appear to be prevalent across the planet. At one time, people ate their own simple foods, or their own complex diet, depending upon where they lived in the world.

In some countries, people eat snails, rattlesnakes, brains from monkeys, and mice, all considered to be delicacies. What a sad state of affairs we have come to.

Here in North America, we now have a whole generation that has been brought up on junk-food meals consisting of hamburgers, colas, candy bars, and fried foods. This diet has not only formed bad nutritional habits, but it has taken away the liking for natural foods, which are so essential to growth and healthy organs. Consequently, we are experiencing new diseases that are even prevalent among the very young.

10 Tips for Healthful Eating

1. Eat a variety of fruits, grains, vegetables, legumes, seeds, and nuts (See A Vegan Vegetarian Lifestyle).
2. Avoid animal protein.
3. Limit fat, sugar, and salt.
4. Eat a good breakfast, a moderate lunch, and a light supper.
5. Don't eat too late at night.
6. Don't eat between meals—allow five hours between meals.
7. Eat at regular times.
8. Watch your combination of foods—don't mix fruit and vegetables.
9. Avoid refined grains.
10. Choose foods that will build good blood.

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/H-deception-health-nutrition_diet_food_vegetarian

Water

Summary: Water gives us life. It is the source of healing, energy, and cleansing.

Water is an all-purpose cleanser both inside and out of the body. It is an abundant and effective agent for washing away dirt, germs, and bacteria. All our tissues, vital fluids, and secretions contain a large percentage of water. Water is of great importance in maintaining health. It is the basic component of all existing things.

A glass of water acts as a bath for the digestive system, cleansing and refreshing it. If we could follow the stream of water into the hidden places of our bodies, we would see it washing away the poisons in the blood that are circulating through the kidneys. The kidneys must work harder if the body doesn't get enough water.

There's Nothing Else Like it

Other beverages are unable to purify like water. Soda and coffee can no more clean the inside of your body than they can the outside. All the chemical processes by which the body operates require an adequate supply of water in order to keep the body functioning at peak efficiency. If water is not made available, the body consequently suffers and cannot do its work properly.

A lack of water dehydrates the fluids, tissues, and cells of the body. It causes the blood to thicken, increasing the risks of stroke and heart disease. Dehydration can mimic hypoglycemia, causing headaches, tiredness, and fainting spells.

Practical Advice

The body loses at least ten cups of water every day. The food we eat provides two to four cups of water, so we need to drink at least six to eight glasses each day to replace the difference.

Pure plain water is the best way to replace the fluid you need. Many sugar-laden beverages actually result in a loss of water from the system, because it requires more water to metabolize the sugar in a drink than the drink itself provides. Caffeine and alcohol are both diuretics which cause the body to lose water. You need an extra glass of water for every high-sugar, caffeinated, or alcoholic beverage you drink.

As much as we need to drink water, one time that we should NOT drink water is with meals. Drinking with meals dilutes the gastric juice and slows the digestive process.

The best time to drink water is between meals—20 minutes before a meal, and not until 2 hours after a meal—to obtain maximum digestion of your meal. When you are ill, drink plenty of water. This replaces any fluid lost during a fever and insures that every part of your body will function well.

Water regulates the body's temperature, acts as a medium for cellular reproduction, and keeps tissues soft and permeable. Water is the essence of life.

External water treatments can also be helpful, in some cases, in helping the sick get well. Hydrotherapy was the name given to these water treatments, which rally and stimulate the body in the healing process. Frequent bathing also helps our largest organ—the skin—to eliminate toxins effectively.

amazingdiscoveries.org

Sunlight

Sunlight has had some bad publicity recently. The impression has been given that even small amounts of sun are harmful. While it is true that excessive sunlight can increase the risk of skin cancer and cataracts, sun in moderate amounts has many benefits.

Without sunlight, life as we know it could not exist. Fruits and vegetables that receive the direct rays of the sun grow much better than those that are exposed to artificial light. This also applies to humans. Those that do not get a sufficient amount of sunshine experience poorer health. Those who are daily exposed to the vitalizing effect of the sun's rays have a ruddy complexion and more vibrant health. Sunshine is the most natural and effective antiseptic available to us. Sunshine is also one of the most effective healing agents known.

The sun unlocks the vitamins in food. Without the sun's rays, we could not get the full value from our food. The sun's rays gives plants the ability, through a process known as photosynthesis, to take carbon dioxide and oxygen from the air and combine these into the basic food substances by which all things live. This is done by chlorophyll, the green substance in the leaves of the plants. We are unable to duplicate, or even fully understand, this process. Energy from the sun's rays also act on certain substances in the skin, changing them to vitamin D, one of the essential vitamins to the body.

Sunlight keeps our blood warm and pure and supplies life-giving energy to every organ of our bodies. Our brains are fed by sunshine-enhanced blood; our body is strengthened by the sun's energy.

Here are other wonderful benefits of sunlight:

1. Sunlight converts cholesterol into vitamin D, lowering the blood cholesterol. Vitamin D provides a host of advantages to the body, including prevention of many types of cancer and better calcium absorption, which in turn helps prevent osteoporosis and tooth decay, makes stronger denser bones, and speeds bone repair.

2. Sunlight kills many germs and enhances the immune system by increasing gamma globulin, and raising the number and effectiveness of the white blood cells which destroy germs. Lightly tanned skin resists germs and infection much better than untanned skin. Many skin diseases respond well to controlled doses of sunlight. For a clean, fresh bed, expose bedding to sunlight. It's better to let the sunlight into your homes and risk a little faded furniture than to keep the shades drawn at all times. The health of the occupants is more precious than any expensive furniture.

3. Sunlight soothes the nervous system and is important in treating depression. It gives a sense of well-being by increasing endorphin production in the brain.

4. Sunlight strengthens the cardiovascular system. It improves the circulation, lowers the heart rate, and normalizes the blood pressure and blood sugar.

5. Sunlight aids in digestion and weight loss, increasing the metabolism by stimulating thyroid production.

6. Sunlight improves sleep. Natural light exposure in daytime increases melatonin output at night.

7. The sick are greatly benefited by the sun due to its healing properties. Sunlight enhances waste elimination by improving liver function; it is an effective treatment for jaundice. It relieves the kidneys of some of their burden by eliminating wastes through the skin when you sweat.

amazingdiscoveries.org

amazingdiscoveries is a seventh day adventist website.

oops I forget you are one.
I know amazing discoveries is an adventist site, its not a secret that it is. So what's your point of telling me and others the obvious?! If I had tried to hide that fact, then you would have a reason to post this useless attempt at putting me down. I know your implications are that there is something wrong with the SDA religion but there is not if you knew much about it.

I am not an adventist however I adhere to their doctrine and I am not ashamed that I do. In fact I am glad that I found the truths of God's word. I don't care if you believe me or not. I am not here to convinve you of anything. That is the Holy Spirit's job.

Also if you're trying to put me down for it like others have attempted to, you're wasting your time. You're trying to put me down says more about you than it does about me. Something about me makes you and others here insecure. Whatever it is, pray to God to help you get over it. I will continue to post God's truths here in whatever way I choose no matter how many of you try to stop me. God bless.

Last edited:
Exercise

Summary: Walking, and other forms of exercise, allow our bodies to do what they were made for.

We were created for action. Exercise provides greater vitality, extra energy, and longer life. Yet, for many, the greatest exertion of the day is getting out of bed, or walking from the kitchen to the garage.

We must deliberately incorporate physical activity into our lives to prevent sedentary habits from taking over. We live in a push-button society. It wasn't too many years ago that humankind walked a great deal more, chopped wood, tended gardens for food, and worked physically for a living. In past ages, people may have overworked their bodies, but exercise was not a major concern. Today, exercise is one of the most discussed but least practised subjects.

When we do not exercise, or get too little of it, our bodies suffer. Inaction of any of the organs of the body will result in a decrease in organ size, less muscle strength, and sluggish circulation of the blood.

Exercise is very important for every human body. A lack of exercise greatly impairs and reduces bodily functions.

Benefits of Walking

Walking, although one of the simplest exercises, has several surprising advantages:
1. Walking uses almost all of the body's 206 bones and almost all of the body's 604 muscles.
2. Almost everyone can do it without having to learn new skills.
3. It does not require any expensive equipment.
4. It is easy on the joints.
5. The pace is easy to adjust.
6. It can be done anywhere—from shopping malls to the great outdoors.
7. You can get fresh air and sunshine at the same time if you are walking outside.
8. Walking lends itself to socializing—make walking fun by including family, friends, or your dog.

An inactive body becomes sluggish. Only 37% of Americans regularly engage in some form of exercise, and over 72% are overweight. For exercise to be effective, it must be progressive, systematic, and habitual. Walking is an excellent form of exercise and can easily be worked into one's schedule. Regular exercise provides us with stronger hearts and lungs, increases metabolism, better digestion, sound sleep, the elimination of a multitude of physical ailments, and the needed energy to handle stress calmly.

amazingdiscoveries.org

When King Nebuchadnezzar besieged the city of Jerusalem, thousands of Jews were taken away captive to Babylon. The king instructed his servant, Ashpenaz, to select gifted young men from among the Jewish captives who would come to the palace for three years to learn the language and wisdom of Babylon so they could serve the king.

Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah caught the attention of Ashpenaz and were taken to the king's palace. But there was a problem. The menu of rich meat and wine appointed for the young men contained many items forbidden by God's Word.

Without wanting to appear ungrateful, Daniel asked if he and his three friends could be given a vegetarian diet to eat and water to drink. At first the king's servant resisted their request. "You can't stay healthy by eating like that!" he exclaimed. "You'd get sick, and then the king would have my head." But Daniel gently persisted, suggesting a trial period of 10 days, after which their visible health could be compared with the young men who ate from the royal cafeteria.

This plan was agreed upon, and for 10 days the four young Hebrews drank water and ate a simple vegetarian diet. At the end of the trial period, Daniel and his three friends "appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat." Daniel 1:15.

Three years later, these four young men were tested by King Nebuchadnezzar, and it was declared they were 10 times brighter then all the wise men in Babylon. The Bible tells us that Daniel lived to be approximately 100 years old. What helped give Daniel and his friends such profound wisdom, health, and long life?

amazingfacts.org