The original diet of mankind and the Old Testament Dietary Laws, do they still apply?

Tidal

Star
I'm non denominational too but I am a Bible believing Christian. I don't pick and choose what parts of the Bible to believe. Its all God's Word and is the truth..

God did not create alcohol and its not biblical at all. You are actually lying ..

1- But if the harsh strict Old Testament is all we need, why did God send Jesus to give us the enlightened New Testament?
Should we follow the Old or New?

2- God created the earth and that includes everything in it including booze.
I don't drink so i'm neutral about the alcohol issue, so why would I lie?..:D

Last edited:

phipps

Star
But if the harsh strict Old Testament is all we need, why did God send Jesus to give us the enlightened New Testament?
Should we follow the Old or New?
The Old covenant was based on people's promises which they broke over and over. The New one is much better. I have a thread on this very subject because many Christians do not understand it. Although are you a Christian? You don't believe Jesus is God and that is part of being a Christian. That is how they were different to the Jews who rejected Christ. This is really goodbye.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Where in scripture does it say its okay to go around killing anyone?

“You shall not permit a sorceress to live" (Exodus 22:18)
PS- I used to penpal with a witch for years and never burnt her at the stake but I eventually got fed up with her silliness so now I don't answer her emails.

Tidal

Star
..You don't believe Jesus is God and that is part of being a Christian..

In that case Simon Peter's in big trouble because when Jesus asked him who he believed he was, he replied "the Son of God", and notice Jesus didn't say "Wrong, try again".. :)

"When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven" (Matt 16:13-17)

Olympian

Rookie
Phipps, it is called cognitive dissonance. You have to open your heart. You can't reconcile old and new testament, they are black and white. Sure, you realise and appreciate the white much better against a black background. The old testament does not speak about the coming of Jesus. It speaks of the coming of the antichrist, who will reign with terror amongst the nations from his base in Zion. The knowledge of cultivating vineyards and olive trees was given to people by God's positive cosmic forces. We live in the world of duality, of two opposites, and a good thing, if abused can be turned into a bad thing. ..

phipps

Star
Phipps, it is called cognitive dissonance. You have to open your heart. You can't reconcile old and new testament, they are black and white. Sure, you realise and appreciate the white much better against a black background. The old testament does not speak about the coming of Jesus. It speaks of the coming of the antichrist, who will reign with terror amongst the nations from his base in Zion. The knowledge of cultivating vineyards and olive trees was given to people by God's positive cosmic forces. We live in the world of duality, of two opposites, and a good thing, if abused can be turned into a bad thing. ..
You are so wrong but I'll leave it there. I've written about this on my forum on the subject of the Old and New Covenants and if I have more to say I'll post it there. This is not the place.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Trust in God

Don’t panic and don’t stress, God IS in control.

Stress & Your Immune System

When we're stressed, the immune system's ability to fight off antigens is reduced.That is why we are more susceptible to infections. The stress hormone corticosteroid can suppress the effective-ness of the immune system (e.g. lowers the number of lymphocytes).

May God empower us to sing and bless His name. Shouting abroad His wondrous works and soon return. Let not our hearts be troubled.

1 Peter 5:10, "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."

Proverbs 16:3, "Commit your works to the Lord, And your thoughts will be established."

2 Corinthians 4:8-9, "We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed."

Philippians 4:6-7, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Isaiah 26:3-4, "You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever,
For in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength."

Daniel 10:19, "And he said, “O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong!” So when he spoke to me I was strengthened, and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”

Psalm 119:73, "Your hands have made me and fashioned me; Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments."

phipps

Star
Supplements & Herbs for Immune Health

Vitamin C
is an important vitamin for the immune system as it helps us make antibodies and immune cells to protect us against viruses and bacteria. Up your food intake of vitamin C by eating kiwis, citrus, green vegetables, cabbage and sauerkraut. For additional sup-plementation, the recommended daily dose for adults is between 500 – 2,000 mg. You can take up to 10,000 mg when you’re unwell. Be aware that diarrhoea may occur when taking vitamin C at high doses; if this occurs, stop until it subsides and then reduce the dose.

Vitamin D plays a pivotal role in helping our bodies to ward off infection. It helps our T cells (our “soldier” immune cells) to seek out foreign invaders and destroy them. Vitamin D levels tend to dip in the winter months as our sunlight re-exposure decreases. Low vitamin D can make you prone to infection. It’s best to get a blood test to check your levels before sup-plementing. The recommended daily dose for adults is 400 – 800 IU; those with low levels may need to supplement between 1000 – 5000 IU per day.

Zinc is a vital mineral required for over 300 processes in the body, including cell growth and repair. We need zinc for our immune systems to work efficiently. It helps our T cells to do their job and protects our cells from viruses. Adults need between 8 – 11 mg per day, how-ever, up to 50 mg per day may be required where there is immune deficiency or illness. Food sources of zinc include chickpeas, lentils, beans, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, cashews and almonds.

Probiotics help to restore gut microflora, especially when there is an overgrowth of bad bacteria which may be contributing to lowered immune system function. Fermented foods like yoghurt can provide a good source. Otherwise a good probiotic is sufficient.

Echinacea is a go-to immune herb for many people and there’s a good reason why. Echi-nacea has immune enhancing and lymphatic properties making it an excellent herb for viral infections. It helps to increase your white blood cell count so your body can fight off infec-tions efficiently.

Thyme is a fantastic antibacterial and antimicrobial herb which is great for clearing catarrh, coughs and sore throats.

Elderberry is indicated where there is a virus due to its immune enhancing and antiviral compounds.

Wild Cherry, marshmallow root and Mulleinare amazing lung herbs with antitussive and anti-catarrhal properties (to stop you coughing and reduce mucous); both are indicated for dry coughs, pneumonia and influenza.

Capitalise on free helpful plants such as nettle, red clover and sticky buds, as we enter into Spring.

Other supplements thought to be useful in improving the immune system and fighting viruses including the coronavirus include:

• NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine),

• Spirulina•Beta-glucan

• Glucosamine

• Selenium

• Lipoic acid

• Sulforaphane

• Resveratrol

• Turmeric

• Poke root

• Licorice root

• Bifidobacterium

phipps

Star
Can A Christian drink alcohol?

When a European Airline was initially launched, an educated Christian gentleman was travelling in the first class section. An air hostess approached him with a complimentary drink, this was an alcoholic drink, but the man politely refused.

The air hostess returned but this time brought the drink on a plater designed to appeal and impress. However the Christian man again politely refused, explaining he doesn't drink alcohol.

The air hostess was concerned and informed the manager. The manager approached the man with another platter, now designed with flowers. He questioned, "Is there something wrong with our service? Please enjoy the drink, it is a complimentary offer."

The man replied, "I am a Christian and I do not drink alcohol." The manager still insisted that the man take the drink. Then, the Christian proposed that the manager should give the drink to the pilot first. The manager stated, "How can the pilot drink alcohol? He's on duty! And if he drinks there are all chances for the plane to crash."

The Christian passenger with tears in his eyes replied, "I am a Christian and I am ALWAYS on duty in order to protect my FAITH and if I drink alcohol I will crash my whole life here and in the hereafter. I Am 100% ON DUTY!

Maybe your temptation might not be alcohol. It may be temptations towards sex as was done to Joseph; or you could be battling to control your anger; or profane and vain babblings; or your attitude; how you dress or attire; or failure to share the Word of God...

WE ARE ON 100% DUTY.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
I'm a Christian and don't drink, tried a few sips in my early teens but it all tasted like cat pee so I've never touched it since.
But if other people like it it's none of my business, I hear it makes them feel happy and helps them relax so in that respect it could be called "medicinal" and a gift to humankind like all other medicines.
Sadly there will always be slovenly losers who abuse alcohol, but not all drinkers are like that.
As regards food, we can tuck into whatever we like with a clear conscience..:)
God said- "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)

Tidal

Star
I'm a meat-eater-
"You may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you" (Deut 12:15)

But it's none of my business if people want to eat grass..;)-

Last edited:

phipps

Star
I'm a Christian and don't drink, tried a few sips in my early teens but it all tasted like cat pee so I've never touched it since.
But if other people like it it's none of my business, I hear it makes them feel happy and helps them relax so in that respect it could be called "medicinal" and a gift to humankind like all other medicines.
Sadly there will always be slovenly losers who abuse alcohol, but not all drinkers are like that.
As regards food, we can tuck into whatever we like with a clear conscience..:)
God said- "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
We should all not drink as the Bible says but we can't eat any kind of meat either because that's against the Bible.

The verse you've put up comes after Genesis 7:2 which says, "You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female." God did not change His mind later about clean and unclean animals. In fact He reiterates about clean and unclean animals in the book of Leviticus with more detail, "Now the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: Among the animals, whatever divides the hoof, having cloven hooves and chewing the cud—that you may eat" (Leviticus 11:1-3). This was thousands of years after the flood. So Genesis 9:3 God is not telling Noah to eat any and all animals he can eat whether they are clean or unclean, He is telling Noah to eat any of the clean animals. Seven of the clean animals got in the ark and only two of each from the unclean. Do you think that was just a coincidence? Dietary laws in the Bible have never changed and never will till Christ returns.

I will repost this bit to you.

Isaiah 66:15–17, "For behold, the Lord will come with fire And with His chariots, like a whirlwind, To render His anger with fury, And His rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by His sword The Lord will judge all flesh; And the slain of the Lord shall be many. “Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, To go to the gardens After an idol in the midst, Eating swine’s flesh and the abomination and the mouse, Shall be consumed together,” says the Lord.”

This may be shocking, but it is true and must be told. The Bible says that anyone who eats “swine’s flesh” and other unclean things that are an “abomination” will be destroyed at the coming of the Lord. When God says to leave something alone and not eat it, we should by all means obey Him. After all, the eating of forbidden fruit by Adam and Eve brought sin and death to this world in the first place. Can anyone say it doesn’t matter? God says people will be destroyed because they “chose that in which I do not delight” (Isaiah 66:4). This is the truth of God's Word.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
I'm a meat-eater-
"You may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you" (Deut 12:15)

But it's none of my business if people want to eat grass..;)-

I don't agree with veganism and neither does the Bible nor am I advocating it here. Veganism teaches animal rights plus other things that are not biblical at all.

The Bible allows us to eat clean meat, that is from animals that have divided hooves and chew the cud. It is better not to eat meat but if we do its best to eat clean. The story of Daniel and his friends who refused to eat the rich food in Babylon which included meat is very telling. This can be found in Daniel 1:5-17.

Also its better not to eat meat nowadays unless you know for sure where your meat comes from because of the farming techniques used. Because its all about profit, animals are bred in ways that even though they are clean they really are unclean. Cows are getting mad cow disease which can spread to humans because they are being fed grains, meat and carcasses which God did not create them to eat, chickens are housed in cramped cages and do not do any kind of exercise at all so they can grow fast, they are fed meat and carcasses and antibiotics, chemicals, growth stimulants and digestion-aiding enzymes. Such meat is not fit for human consumption even though it counts as clean meat biblically. We are better off eating a plant based diet than eating poisoned or contaminated meat and diary products don't you think?

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
We should all not drink as the Bible says but we can't eat any kind of meat either because that's against the Bible.

Jesus changed water into wine, and he also ate meat, so if it's good enough for him.....;)
"And one of the Pharisees asked Jesus if he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat" (Luke 7:36)

Our God-designed body knows what it wants so we should listen to it or we're heading for trouble, for example JWs avoid meat and have reduced brainpower as a result, and jews avoid pork and get inflamed guts-
"People of Jewish heritage have an increased risk of developing Crohn’s disease"

plus of course vegetarians are weedy and frail.
That's why I personally eat meat and anything and everything that my body tells me it wants, just as God said plainly enough-
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)

but if some people want to listen to satan it's none of my business..:)-
"Some deceiving demons say abstain from some foods which God gave" (1 Timothy 4:1-3)

Tidal

Star
We are better off eating a plant based diet than eating poisoned or contaminated meat and diary products don't you think?

Ah but who's to say that vegetables aren't also contaminated too by the pesticides and chemicals sprayed on them in the fields?..:p
I'm 72 and have been eating meat and veg all my life and am in excellent health.
Anyway to assume everything is contaminated would be a touch paranoid, so all we can do is tuck in to everything just as the first humans did..:)

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
The Bible says that anyone who eats “swine’s flesh” and other unclean things that are an “abomination” will be destroyed at the coming of the Lord...

When livestock disease was going around in those Old Testament times, of course God warned people to lay off it for a while, but by the time of the New T they'd had the all-clear-
Jesus said "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean" (Matt 15:11)
Paul said "I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself." (Romans 14:14)

MagneticHuman

Veteran
I innerstand the human experience as a game of density/consciousness. Density being the different potential to transport energy/life force. Stagnant energy is death. Moving energy is life. A dense environment is stagnant. What karma have you taken on that is stagnant to your life-force and keeping you stuck in the mud?

You eat what you are and you are what you eat... The more in dis-ease/stagnant you are the more from outside yourself you need to survive.

Do all foods have the same density? Do beings of light need to eat at all when they fully remember who they are? How do you reach your full potential? Is this a spiral away from density? What does it takes to be light as a feather?

A friendly advice is to try to make your journey a spiral away from density.

phipps

Star
When livestock disease was going around in those Old Testament times, of course God warned people to lay off it for a while, but by the time of the New T they'd had the all-clear-
Jesus said "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean" (Matt 15:11)
Paul said "I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself." (Romans 14:14)
I'm going around in circles with you on this subject. Jesus meant something else in those verses and misunderstand Him and used the verses to take Him out of context. Jesus who is God never changed the dietary laws in the Bible. He followed them Himself when He was here on earth and so did the apostles after Him. Pigs and other animals that don't chew the cud and have divided hooves are still unclean. God knew what is now known about what makes those animals unclean and I posted why. You are free to eat whatever you want, but don't say the Bible agrees with it when it clearly doesn't.

Here, I will repost that part of what makes certain animals, birds and fish unclean to eat again.

Unclean Animals

God told the Israelites which animals they were not to eat. Without exception, all animals that consume “secondary material”—in other words, animals that eat animals—are unclean. These include the following:

Carnivorous Birds

All birds that eat other animals and do not have a crop are considered unclean.

Camels

The camel has no split or cloven hoof, making it unclean. However, this animal has a similar digestive system to the clean animals; so what is the problem? The camel had to adapt to a desert environment in order to survive. It underwent a physiological adaptation where instead of sweating and losing its body water, the camel’s body temperature rises to higher levels than before. This, unfortunately, allows the level of toxins in its body to rise to very high levels as well. This coping mechanism makes the camel unfit for human consumption.

Coneys

The coney, or dassie, is unclean. It is herbivorous, but has a poor thermo-regulator. Its body temperature does not remain constant throughout the changes in the weather during the year, and this causes its enzymes to be unstable, resulting in intestinal fermentation. This means that the coney’s meat is very acidic.

Rabbits

Even though the rabbit is herbivorous, Leviticus 11:6 states that it is unclean. The rabbit has a very enlarged caecum. In order for the rabbit to obtain sufficient nutrients from the plants it eats, it has to ferment the material. This requires a fermentation chamber with an alkaline environment. Since the rabbit does not have a pre-stomach, like the cow does, it has to use its enlarged caecum.
However, its caecum is sandwiched between its gut and rectum and most of the absorption of the nutrients takes place there. When the rabbit re-digests this material, it becomes coprophagous. In other words, it eats its own excrement. Consequently, the level of toxins in its tissues is far higher than in other herbivores. Bile salts, fatty acids, gases, and ammonia levels are all at unacceptable levels for human consumption. All rodents, and even the horse, fall into the same category.

Swine

In most modern farms, pigs are fed the worst of foods. On the biggest farms, the largest pigs are fed rotten eggs and chickens that died from disease.

Sometimes, pigs are kept in batteries where only a few pigs get the food. The rest of the pigs get only the droppings, which are extremely toxic. Any tissue from these animals makes them very unclean indeed.

Pigs have very high histamine levels. The connective tissue is very rich in sulfur, leading to increased blood acidity and osteoporosis because of the loss of calcium along with the sulfates. Research indicates that high sulfate levels, especially in meat-rich diets, are responsible for osteoporosis.

Research has found that at the time when pigs leave the farms, 56% of all pork samples are contaminated with salmonella. When "clean" animals leave the farms, only 15% of the meat is contaminated. When the pig meat leaves the abattoir, 80% is contaminated, and when it reaches the butcher, the level of contamination is virtually 100%. The "clean" animals have only a 40% contamination level by this stage.

The pig is certainly responsible for much disease. Many people are allergic to pork because of the high histamine levels, and pork also encourages the formation of excessive amounts of mucous in our bodies.

God warns us in Leviticus 11:26 to not even touch the carcass of a pig. Pigs have high levels of bacteria such as campylobacta and salmonella.

Fish

"And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you" (Leviticus 11:10).

Those fish that do not have fins and scales are either scavengers or pure carnivores, and are unclean.

The common snoek has scales, but as it is taken out of the water the scales fall off, so it cannot be classified as clean. Each snoek is also home to thousands of bladder worms, which are full of urea. This urea is what gives the snoek its distinctive tangy flavor that many people enjoy.

Insects

Insects that do not fly, or are further down on the food chain than the locust or grasshopper, are not for eating.

Mammals and Reptiles

According to Leviticus 11:27, "Whatsoever goes upon his paws," such as cats, dogs, rats, mice, and weasels, are unclean. All reptiles are also unclean.

God is concerned with the health of all His creatures: human and animal. Are the dietary laws God set out thousands of years ago still relevant?

Amazing discoveries.

God bless.

Tidal

Star
Jesus who is God never changed the dietary laws in the Bible.

Firstly, Jesus made it clear a number of times that he WASN'T God, for example-
"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
therefore you're wrong to think he was God, so you're probably wrong with the dietary laws too..:p
No offence, but are you a vegan or JW or some other food-cultist or what?

Secondly why on earth would God create pigs and then tell us we can't eat them?
There were herds of pigs in Israel, so somebody must have liked them..:)
As I said before, when livestock disease hit certain groups of creatures in ancient times, of course God had to tell people not to eat them for a while til it'd cleared up, for example in the Old T-
"All flying insects that swarm are unclean to you; do not eat them" (Deuteronomy 14:19)

But by the time of the New T, the danger was over and John was happy to tuck in-
"John's clothes were made of camel's hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey" (Matt 3:4)