The original diet of mankind and the Old Testament Dietary Laws, do they still apply?

phipps

Star
I could certainly say the same to you. Stop inflicting your legalism on everyone else.
You have nothing to respond with so you've resorted to saying I'm forcing legalism on everyone here. Did I force you to come on this forum and comment? It was your choice. I can no more force you to do anything than you can change the clear Word of God to suit your false doctrine.

And if preaching the truths of God's Word is legalism then that means Jesus, the apostles and many Christians through the centuries were legalists because they preached a non compromising message. I'm glad to be in that company.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
im not comparing u to a person i know, i just REMEMBER a person like u, so I'm asking if u also hold the same belief as him.

i just asked if you are a primitive christian or not if u are not then just say no. it's simple as that.
@phipps adheres to Seventh Day Adventist dogma.

Thunderian

Superstar
You have nothing to respond with so you've resorted to saying I'm forcing legalism on everyone here. Did I force yo to come on this forum and comment? It was your choice. I can no more force you to do anything than you can Change the clear Word of God to suit your false doctrine.

And if preaching the truths of God's Word is legalism then that means Jesus, the apostles and many Christians through the centuries were legalists because they preached a non compromising message. I'm glad to be in that company.
I also enjoy prawns.

phipps

Star
im not comparing u to a person i know, i just REMEMBER a person like u, so I'm asking if u also hold the same belief as him.

i just asked if you are a primitive christian or not if u are not then just say no. it's simple as that.
Are you asking yourself or me? I don't know the person or the beliefs they held.

I am just a Christian who wants to obey only the Word of God and nothing else.

phipps

Star
Isn’t it enough to just love the Lord and not concern ourselves with God’s laws of health?

But if you truly love the Lord, you will be eager to obey His health laws because that’s the way He has designed for you to achieve optimal health, happiness, and purity. “He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him” (Hebrews 5:9). Jesus said, “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15). When we truly love the Lord, we won’t try to dodge His health laws (or any other commandments) or make excuses. This attitude actually reveals the true heart in the other things of God. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:21).

Allegra

Veteran
Are you asking yourself or me? I don't know the person or the beliefs they held.

I am just a Christian who wants to obey only the Word of God and nothing else.
are u playing on words with me?

Ok lets go back

1. I asked if you are a primitive christian

2. I asked YOU because YOU REMINDED ME of another Christian who holds a primitive Christian belief

3. So I thought I wanna ask you if you are like that so I can traced back on how I answered that person cuz I happened to researched his doctrine.

4. Point number 2 and 3 are just additional notes and background WHY I asked u such question.

Infectious Diseases In Prawns / Shrimp:

Viral Diseases in Prawns /Shrimp:

Monodon Baculovirus Disease (MBV):

Hepatopancreatic Parvo Virus (HPV) Disease:

Yellow-head Disease (YHD) of Shrimp / Prawn.

White Spot Disease (WSD):

Infectious Hepatopancreatic and Lymphoid Organ Necrosis (IHLN)... Etc. Etc. Etc.

(I.e "unclean" unto you - what God said.)

But! the media sayz...

White spot disease: Is it safe to eat infected prawns? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) https://mobile.abc.net.au › news › white-s... 1 Jul 2018 · White spot disease is highly contagious and lethal in prawns but it's perfectly safe for humans to eat infected prawns.

Who will you trust more?

Last edited:
I found this on google

"Most Vibrio infections from oysters result in only diarrhea and vomiting. However, some infections, such as those caused by Vibrio vulnificus, can cause more severe illness, including bloodstream infections and severe blistering skin lesions.

Vibrio and Oysters | Vibrio Illness (Vibriosis) | CDC https://www.cdc.gov › vibrio › vibrio-oy... Raw oysters can ruin your summer. That's because you can get very sick from eating raw oysters. Learn about vibriosis, a disease linked to raw oysters – and how to protect ... - CDC https://www.cdc.gov › features › vibrio-r... 10 Dec 2018 ·

Most illnesses from raw oysters occur in summer. Whenever and wherever you like to enjoy oysters, eating raw oysters and certain other undercooked shellfish, such as clams and mussels, can put ...

Sounds like fun?? It must be, to those people who like to eat them..?

phipps

Star
are u playing on words with me?

Ok lets go back

1. I asked if you are a primitive christian

2. I asked YOU because YOU REMINDED ME of another Christian who holds a primitive Christian belief

3. So I thought I wanna ask you if you are like that so I can traced back on how I answered that person cuz I happened to researched his doctrine.

4. Point number 2 and 3 are just additional notes and background WHY I asked u such question.
I asked if you are a primitive christian
I already answered this question. I wrote, "I am just a Christian who wants to obey only the Word of God and nothing else." I will add that I define myself as a Bible based Christian.

I asked YOU because YOU REMINDED ME of another Christian who holds a primitive Christian belief
My answer to question 1 answers this statement.

So I thought I wanna ask you if you are like that so I can traced back on how I answered that person cuz I happened to researched his doctrine.
I am not like that person whoever they are. All I know is I am Bible based and if something is not biblical I cut it out.

Point number 2 and 3 are just additional notes and background WHY I asked u such question.
Alright, now I know.

phipps

Star
Not an insult. Just information for @Allegra. Do you not adhere to SDA dogma?
Who do you think you're fooling? You intended it as an insult when you called it "dogma".

dogma
noun
noun: dogma; plural noun: dogmas
  1. a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.
    "the dogmas of faith"
    synonyms:teaching, belief, conviction, tenet, principle, ethic, precept, maxim, article of faith, canon, law, rule; More
    creed, credo, code of belief, set of beliefs, set of principles, doctrine, ideology, orthodoxy
    "a dogma of the Sikh religion"
    blind faith, unquestioning belief, certainty, invincible conviction, unchallengeable conviction, arrogant conviction
    "they were urged to emancipate their minds from the fetters of dogma"
    antonyms:doubt, open-mindedness​

This attempt to insult me because you had no response to what I said is so immature. This was scraping the barrel and wasted on me. This sort of thing just makes me more determined to tell God's truths.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Who do you think you're fooling? You intended it as an insult when you called it "dogma".

dogma
noun
noun: dogma; plural noun: dogmas
  1. a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.
    "the dogmas of faith"
    synonyms:teaching, belief, conviction, tenet, principle, ethic, precept, maxim, article of faith, canon, law, rule; More
    creed, credo, code of belief, set of beliefs, set of principles, doctrine, ideology, orthodoxy
    "a dogma of the Sikh religion"
    blind faith, unquestioning belief, certainty, invincible conviction, unchallengeable conviction, arrogant conviction
    "they were urged to emancipate their minds from the fetters of dogma"
    antonyms:doubt, open-mindedness​

This attempt to insult me because you had no response to what I said is so immature. This was scraping the barrel and wasted on me. This sort of thing just makes me more determined to tell God's truths.
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Thunderian

Superstar
You didn't offend me. You attempted to. This is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
I apologize for insulting you, at this, or any other point. It's not Christ-like, I have been convicted about it, and I am truly sorry. Please forgive me.

phipps

Star
Temperance

To most people, the word “temperance” means either “abstinence from alcohol,” or “moderation in all things.” Temperance has changed in meaning, as C. S. Lewis points out:

"Temperance is, unfortunately, one of those words that has changed its meaning. It now usually means teetotalism. But in the days when the second Cardinal virtue was christened 'Temperance', it meant nothing of the sort. Temperance referred not specially to drink, but to all pleasures; and it meant not abstaining, but going the right length and no further."i

In the 18th century, writers and orators such as Patrick Henry made a distinction between “moderation” and “temperance.”ii The original meaning was more than abstaining from alcohol (teetotalism) or moderation. Moderation implies that we can do anything we want as long as we don’t do it too often—but which of the Ten Commandments can you break “moderately”?

Some Bible translations use “self control” for “temperance,” but it is more than self-control. It is a God-given sense to use all He has given us, only as He directs. All of our appetites and desires come under the control of true temperance. This is the real challenge.

Temperance can include moderation and abstinence, but it is more than either one. As Francis E. Willard wrote, “Temperance is moderation in the things that are good and total abstinence from the things that are foul.”iii It is God-given because it is a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). God leads us to develop this fruit. Peter tells us to give all diligence to add it to our faith (2 Peter 1:5-8). The result will be a godly balance in all areas of our lives.

Our culture is out of balance. For example, many eat until they can barely get up from the table. The adult stomach will comfortably accommodate only one quart of food and drink. Eat more than this, and it will stretch abnormally large. Blood supplying the needs of the body, especially the brain, will divert to the stomach for a prolonged period. This results in a sleepy feeling after a big meal. This also leads to becoming cranky, tired, or not able to think clearly. Temperance would prevent all this.

More than our physical appetites, temperance deals with our minds and morals. Many believe trying everything once is practising temperance—but many things are a sin to try even once, such as brain-destroying drugs or promiscuous sex. Practising temperance rewards us with mental and moral vigour.

For healthy living, we must abstain from everything God says is harmful, using what is beneficial only as far as God instructs. Christians must practice temperance in eating, in drinking, in dress, and in every phase of life.

As Paul said, “put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts” (Romans 13:14). This must be a “fruit of the Spirit” and we must seek God for it.

amazingdiscoveries.org

Beloved

Rookie
Paul tells us the facts concerning OId Testament dietary laws, they are not enforce anymore to whomever chooses not abide by them. They are enforce to whomever believes they are and chooses to abide by them, and we ought not to judge one another concerning it..

Rom 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Romans 14 is not discussing eating unclean animals - that is a very common misunderstanding.

One of the many issues with Christianity is that it has people thinking that Paul is writing to people who didn’t obey the law of God/Moses, when in actuality, he is writing to followers of the Messiah who were obeying the commandments of God.

Also, in Romans 14:14, the English word should be “common”, not “unclean”.

This is how it should read in English:

Romans 14:14
I know, and am persuaded by the Master Yahushua, that there is nothing common of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be common, to him it is common
God defines what clean and unclean is in Leviticus 11 - go to BlueLetterBible.org and you can see that Romans 14:14 in the Greek has the word “common” and not the word for “unclean”. These are 2 different words that mean 2 different things.

Anytime that eating meat is being spoken of in the New Testament, it is referring to clean animals only

Paul is writing to people who were having a dispute between vegetarians and people who ate clean animals.

Paul is not writing to people who were eating unclean animals.

Again, it is not up to believers to decide what animals are clean and unclean - God already decided that and gave the verdict - Leviticus 11. It’s not a matter of personal choice.

Paul is not writing to Sunday Christians who don’t obey His commandments.

Last edited: