The original diet of mankind and the Old Testament Dietary Laws, do they still apply?

Tidal

Star
..The Bible always has negative things to say about alcohol. God knows whats best for us.

Yes, I suppose the odd tipple is alright but it's the drunken bums who get booze a bad name.
My uncle Bill was an alcoholic and died in hospital in his 50's with total physical and mental collapse.
His brother (my dad) was a chronic workaholic and used booze to relieve his stresses, he died of liver cancer in his early 60's.
PS- Jesus said to the disciples at the last supper- "The next time I drink wine, I'll be drinking it fresh and new with you in my father's kingdom".
That's me out then, I don't drink (sniffle)

phipps

Star
Yes, some stuff I wouldn't touch with a bargepole even though Jesus said- "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean" (Matt 15:11)
And Paul said - "I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself." (Rom 14:14)
God told us what clean meats to eat to protect our health. Its wrong to eat any meat that God said is unclean and that won't change until he comes back the second time.

Matthew 15:11 needs to be understood in its proper context. It doesn’t mean that anything we eat is now good for us regardless of what it is, for we know that there are many things that can go “into the mouth” (unclean meats, fish, insects, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, fast foods etc) and produce dire consequences. They are harmful to our health. They are not made safe to eat because of this verse.

In Matthew 15:2, the Pharisees criticise Jesus, saying, “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.” The Pharisees were not really concerned with physical cleanliness. The Pharisees wanted Jesus to obey their washing ritual so any heathen “defilement” would be magically removed. In verse 15, Peter asks Jesus to explain the parable. He realized there was deeper meaning than just ritual washing. Jesus explains it this way:

"So Jesus said, “Are you also still without understanding? Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man” (Matthew 15:16-20).

So Matthew 15:11 is not concerned with dietary laws, but rather the fruitlessness of ritual washing while the dark heart remains untouched.

Romans 14:14 also needs to be understood in context. If we compare Romans 14 with 1 Corinthians 8-10. You will see that the same problem is being addressed—friction between two parties in the early Church.

Jewish converts (aware of dietary laws) didn’t mind eating clean animals sold in the heathen markets. The Gentile converts thought heathen idols made sacrificed meat unclean:

"Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one" (1 Corinthians 8:4).

The argument wasn’t about dietary laws, but meat sacrificed to heathen idols. Paul urged Jewish and Gentile believers not to condemn each other based on sacrificed meat. Paul says this in 1 Corinthians 8:10-11:

"For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?"

In other words, don’t make a brother feel he should ignore his uneasiness and try to eat sacrificed meat anyway. He would feel he is lost because his conscience wouldn’t let him rest.

"Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:15-17).

Paul is not dealing with a moral law here. He is calling for understanding of the tender consciences of weaker brothers. He advises, “Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way” (Romans 14:13).

I posted all this on page 1 of this forum here and here.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Yes, I suppose the odd tipple is alright but it's the drunken bums who get booze a bad name.
My uncle Bill was an alcoholic and died in hospital in his 50's with total physical and mental collapse.
His brother (my dad) was a chronic workaholic and used booze to relieve his stresses, he died of liver cancer in his early 60's.
PS- Jesus said to the disciples at the last supper- "The next time I drink wine, I'll be drinking it fresh and new with you in my father's kingdom".
That's me out then, I don't drink (sniffle)
Even the odd tipple should be avoided at all costs. Any wine that Jesus drank in the Bible was not fermented. The Bible called both grape juice and fermented wine, wine in Bible times. A little alcohol impairs our minds that's why the Bible tells us to avoid all alcohol. Doctors have known for a long time that any alcohol taken into the body always destroys cells in the frontal lobes of your brain. These destroyed cells never grow back. Its these frontal parts of the brain, where we make decisions about right and wrong and where our spiritual life is based. Tests have shown that one's physical, mental and moral judgement is affected even by drinking small amounts of alcohol.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Even the odd tipple should be avoided at all costs. Any wine that Jesus drank in the Bible was not fermented. The Bible called both grape juice and fermented wine, wine in Bible times. A little alcohol impairs our minds that's why the Bible tells us to avoid all alcohol...

I'm not sure I catch your drift mate, there's alcohol in wine isn't there, and Jesus supped it didn't he?

Tidal

Star
God told us what clean meats to eat to protect our health.Its wrong to eat any meat that God said is unclean and that won't change until he comes back the second time..
Until who comes back, God or Jesus? And why should he want to change it?
And what meats exactly should we eat or not eat?

Olympian

Rookie
After Noah allegedly came out of the ark, he built an altar and offer holocausts (how lovely).. then 'the LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, 'even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood'. (really? that is what talmudist/satanists believe, that we humans are all scum and we do abominations from childhood). And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.' Compare that with the 100s of times in the OT where Yahweh threatens to destroy humans and the world in his wrath..

Jesus drank wine, not ribena juice. He was a Galillean and he did like Galilleans did, he mixed it with water (like in ancient Greece). In the wedding of Cana, he turned water to wine. Or was that juice again? The pharisees of course could not stand 'gentile' customs.. they would pick on everything he did, including not washing his hands like in the pompous ritualistic way they did (a bit like the clowns who insist that we wash our hands following instructions on a chart/poster singing happy birthday twice..)

The best cure to coronavirus (as in, common cold) is stay at home for as long as it takes, get nice home made food, hot tea, soup, TLC from a loved one. It is not rocket science. Best cure to COVID19 is to wake up and smell that it is a despicable zionist psyop hoax event to steal your freedoms and deploy their hineous 5g matrix.

I eat mainly a vegetarian diet with the very occasional meat. Any normal human who sees the butchering of an animal or treatment of animals at abattoirs is bound to get upset. Worst still, try watching an animal having its throat slit, let to bleed to death in agony while fighting to remain alive. Shocking.

phipps

Star
I'm not sure I catch your drift mate, there's alcohol in wine isn't there, and Jesus supped it didn't he?
Jesus never drank alcohol. It was always unfermented wine which is grape juice. The Bible tells us not to drink alcohol and so Jesus who is God wouldn't and never did. Some Christians use the wedding at Cana or the last supper to suggest Jesus drank wine but that is a misunderstanding and would mean Jesus went against His own Word from the Old to New Testaments (Numbers 6:3; Habakkuk 2:15; Luke 1:15, 12:46; Ephesians 5:18). Also when Jesus was on the cross, Roman soldiers offered him fermented wine on a sponge. But as soon as Jesus tasted it and recognised it was fermented, He refused it. If Jesus refused alcohol even when He must have been very thirsty, why would He have drank wine normally when He was on earth (Matthew 27:34)? (And more to the point, why then should we?)

phipps

Star
Until who comes back, God or Jesus? And why should he want to change it?
And what meats exactly should we eat or not eat?
Jesus is God. Its only God who can die on the cross for our sins and its the same God who will return for His people. I won't argue over this subject with you again but its the truth whether you accept it or not! What will be eaten in heaven and in God's earthly kingdom will be different so the dietary laws in the Bible will end after Jesus our Saviour returns.

I posted on this forum what meats we should eat according to God's dietary laws on page 2. But you can also read Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14.

Those two chapters say we should eat animals that chew the cud and have divided hooves. Animals that do that are cows, goats, sheep, deer etc. Animal that don't chew the cud or have divided hooves are pigs, camels, horses, rabbits etc.

We should eat only fish and water creatures that have both fins and scales.

Birds or fowl that have a crop are also clean, since their food is well-digested and does not ferment.

Insects that fly and hop and that is only grasshoppers and locusts.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
After Noah allegedly came out of the ark, he built an altar and offer holocausts (how lovely).. then 'the LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, 'even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood'. (really? that is what talmudist/satanists believe, that we humans are all scum and we do abominations from childhood). And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.' Compare that with the 100s of times in the OT where Yahweh threatens to destroy humans and the world in his wrath..

Jesus drank wine, not ribena juice. He was a Galillean and he did like Galilleans did, he mixed it with water (like in ancient Greece). In the wedding of Cana, he turned water to wine. Or was that juice again? The pharisees of course could not stand 'gentile' customs.. they would pick on everything he did, including not washing his hands like in the pompous ritualistic way they did (a bit like the clowns who insist that we wash our hands following instructions on a chart/poster singing happy birthday twice..)

The best cure to coronavirus (as in, common cold) is stay at home for as long as it takes, get nice home made food, hot tea, soup, TLC from a loved one. It is not rocket science. Best cure to COVID19 is to wake up and smell that it is a despicable zionist psyop hoax event to steal your freedoms and deploy their hineous 5g matrix.

I eat mainly a vegetarian diet with the very occasional meat. Any normal human who sees the butchering of an animal or treatment of animals at abattoirs is bound to get upset. Worst still, try watching an animal having its throat slit, let to bleed to death in agony while fighting to remain alive. Shocking.
God said He would never again destroy humans with a great flood as He did then with the antediluvians and the rainbow would always be a reminder of that.

"Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth” (Genesis 8:11-17).

I don't read the Talmud but in the Old Testament God did indeed threaten to punish and destroy people who disobeyed Him. He did destroy and punish people just not with a flood that wiped out all humanity except eight people like in Noah's flood.

Jesus did drink wine but it was never fermented. It was never alcoholic. I explained that the Bible called both fermented and unfermented wine, "wine" or new wine. The wine at Cana was unfermented and if it had been that would be Jesus going against His Word in the Bible. In the Bible fermented wine brings woe or misery. Jesus never contradicts the Bible.

Isaiah 5:11, “Woe to those who rise early in the morning, That they may follow intoxicating drink; Who continue until night, till wine inflames them!”

Proverbs 23:29-35, “Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who hath complaints? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who linger long at the wine, Those who go in search of mixed wine. Do not look on the wine when it is red, When it sparkles in the cup, When it swirls around smoothly; At the last it bites like a serpent, And stings like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things, And your heart will utter perverse things. Yes, you will be like one who lies down in the midst of the sea, Or like one who lies at the top of the mast, saying: ‘They have struck me, but I was not hurt; They have beaten me, but I did not feel it. When shall I awake, that I may seek another drink?’"

Habakkuk 2:15, “Woe to him who gives drink to his neighbor, Pressing him to your bottle, Even to make him drunk, That you may look on his nakedness!”

No one got drunk from the wine at the wedding in Cana. And btw ribena is not made from grapes. Its made from blackcurrants.

The Pharisees looked at outward things and picked on people who did not do certain rituals but Jesus told them all those rituals meant nothing if their hearts are not changed by Him. They had to be changed from the inside out.

Its a virus and while what you've mentioned could definitely help, also having a a good immune system helps fight viruses not just covid-19. In order to have good immune systems we should have a healthy diet and all the other things I mentioned including trusting in God. Wherever this virus came from, whether its real or not and whether the governments are up to something or not, we should rely on God completely who knows for sure what's going on and He will protect us from whatever is going on.

The less meat we eat the better but no meat at all is better. I've seen animals being butchered and their throats slit and it didn't bother me while growing up in Africa but its been so long since I've lived there I don't think I can stomach it if I saw it again. God allowed us to kill animals for food however. I think in this day and age we should stop eating meat unless we know where the meat comes from because most animals (even the clean ones) are not reared right.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
..I eat mainly a vegetarian diet with the very occasional meat. Any normal human who sees the butchering of an animal or treatment of animals at abattoirs is bound to get upset. Worst still, try watching an animal having its throat slit, let to bleed to death in agony while fighting to remain alive. Shocking.

I thought animals were slaughtered with a bolt shot through the brain, a nice quick end?
A herd of cows once chased me across a field and I had to climb on the roof of a hut til they'd buggered off, so whenever I sink my teeth into a juicy steak I think "Payback time".. :D

Tidal

Star
Jesus never drank alcohol. It was always unfermented wine which is grape juice. The Bible tells us not to drink alcohol and so Jesus who is God wouldn't and never did..
Also when Jesus was on the cross, Roman soldiers offered him fermented wine on a sponge. But as soon as Jesus tasted it and recognised it was fermented, He refused it..

The "Jesus never drank alcohol" and the "Jesus was God" standpoints are both highly debatable.
For example alcohol in wine or spirits could be regarded as a beneficial "soothing medicine" that God gave to the human race, it's only the drunks who abuse it who get it a bad name.
As for the "wine" on the sponge- "The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar" (Luke 23:36)
so no wonder he wouldn't touch the sour stuff.

Regarding the old "Was Jesus God" debate, nah he wasn't.. :)
Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )

Tidal

Star
Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14.

Those two chapters say we should eat animals that chew the cud and have divided hooves. Animals that do that are cows, goats, sheep, deer etc. Animal that don't chew the cud or have divided hooves are pigs, camels, horses, rabbits etc.
We should eat only fish and water creatures that have both fins and scales.
Birds or fowl that have a crop are also clean, since their food is well-digested and does not ferment.
Insects that fly and hop and that is only grasshoppers and locusts.

it could be argued that those dietary rules only apply to a certain time window and to certain peoples thousands of years ago.
For example I've eaten "forbidden" pigs (bacon and sausages) all my life and it doesn't seem to have done me any harm.
Incidentally Crohn's Disease (inflammation of the gut) affects some jews who don't eat pork, so perhaps a plate of bangers would cure them .. ;)

phipps

Star
The "Jesus never drank alcohol" and the "Jesus was God" standpoints are both highly debatable.
For example alcohol in wine or spirits could be regarded as a beneficial "soothing medicine" that God gave to the human race, it's only the drunks who abuse it who get it a bad name.
As for the "wine" on the sponge- "The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar" (Luke 23:36)

Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )
Jesus never drank alcohol and never taught that people should drink a little or moderately. That is not debatable and is the truth. Alcohol has never been thought of as beneficial or soothing in the Bible. The Bible doesn't contradict itself, so it can't condemn fermented wine in one place then approve it in another place. That is NOT biblical at all.

Jesus being God is not debatable either unless one doesn't want to accept the truth of God's Word the Bible. If you accept the Bible as truth then Jesus is God. "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

Read the verse again. Jesus tasted the alcohol then spat it out. "they gave Him sour wine mingled with gall to drink. But when He had tasted it, He would not drink" (Matthew 27:34). It wasn't because He was mocked clearly.

One verse doesn't disqualify Jesus as God. I explained why Jesus always referred to His Father as greater than Him. That does not mean Jesus is not God. You just don't understand the Bible on this subject. You are very wrong. No one will be saved who denies Jesus as God. Only Jesus can save. No created being can do that. The Jews understood that Jesus claimed to be God and rejected Him too and lost their standing as God's chosen people.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Alcohol has never been thought of as beneficial or soothing in the Bible....
....I explained why Jesus always refereed to His Father as greater than Him. That does not mean Jesus is not God. You just don't understand the Bible on this subject..

1- Why did God put alcohol on earth if not to make people happy?
I live next door to a pub and the joyful laughing and singing as people unwind on Saturday nights is surely not going to offend God?

2- If Jesus wasn't God, who was he talking to in Gethsemane before his execution when he said-
“My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done” (Matt 26:42)

phipps

Star
it could be argued that those dietary rules only apply to a certain time window and to certain peoples thousands of years ago.
For example I've eaten "forbidden" pigs (bacon and sausages) all my life and it doesn't seem to have done me any harm.
Incidentally Crohn's Disease (inflammation of the gut) affects some jews who don't eat pork, so perhaps a plate of bangers would cure them .. ;)

It could be argued and it has been argued and will continue to be argued by those who either don't understand God's Word or don't want to and make excuses to continue eating food that God forbade. I explain on this very forum using scripture why those dietary laws still apply and will apply till Jesus returns. In the New Testament Jesus never changed the dietary laws. God has always wanted His people to be healthy physically, mentally and spiritually and that never changed in the New Testament or today until Jesus Christ returns.

How do you know pork hasn't done you any harm? Do you think you can see all the damage your body has? Pork doesn't cure any disease, its a major cause of disease.

I didn't know you're a Jew. Is that why you reject Jesus Christ as God or is it your religion or beliefs?

Edit: More info about eating Pork in the Bible.

Isaiah 66:15–17, "For behold, the Lord will come with fire And with His chariots, like a whirlwind, To render His anger with fury, And His rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by His sword The Lord will judge all flesh; And the slain of the Lord shall be many. “Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, To go to the gardens After an idol in the midst, Eating swine’s flesh and the abomination and the mouse, Shall be consumed together,” says the Lord.”

This may be shocking, but it is true and must be told. The Bible says that anyone who eats “swine’s flesh” and other unclean things that are an “abomination” will be destroyed at the coming of the Lord. When God says to leave something alone and not eat it, we should by all means obey Him. After all, the eating of forbidden fruit by Adam and Eve brought sin and death to this world in the first place. Can anyone say it doesn’t matter? God says people will be destroyed because they “chose that in which I do not delight” (Isaiah 66:4).

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
..those who either don't understand God's Word or don't want to and make excuses to continue eating food that God forbade.
..I didn't know you're a Jew. Is that why you reject Jesus as Christ as God or is your religions or beliefs?

I'm not a jew and never said I was, sorry if I gave that impression.
Look mate, I'm 71 years old and in good health physically and mentally despite eating anything I've fancied all my life, including meat, pork and junk food and it hasn't done me a bit of harm.
Basically, I've always simply given my tummy what it tells me it wants, for example at the moment it's telling me it wants that stodgy ready-meal of stew and dumplings that it knows I've got in the fridge.
God (The Master Geneticist) designed our bodies, so I'm sure he wants us to listen to what our body is telling us it wants.. :)
Like I said, the old dietary laws were only aimed at old testament peoples.

PS- I'm non-denominational myself, are you a Jehovah's Witness or what?

phipps

Star
1- Why did God put alcohol on earth if not to make people happy?
I live next door to a pub and the joyful laughing and singing as people unwind on Saturday nights is surely not going to offend God?

2- If Jesus wasn't God, who was he talking to in Gethsemane before his execution when he said-
“My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done” (Matt 26:42)
1- God did not put alcohol on earth. Do you have proof of that? Remember we have the devil with us on earth. Alcohol does not make people happy. Its all temporal and what good is temporal happiness which comes in a glass? The Bible has something to say about temporal happiness that comes with alcohol?

Proverbs 23:29-35, "Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaints? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who linger long at the wine, Those who go in search of mixed wine. Do not look on the wine when it is red, When it sparkles in the cup, When it swirls around smoothly; At the last it bites like a serpent, And stings like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things, And your heart will utter perverse things. Yes, you will be like one who lies down in the midst of the sea, Or like one who lies at the top of the mast, saying: “They have struck me, but I was not hurt; They have beaten me, but I did not feel it. When shall I awake, that I may seek another drink?”"

You do realise you could say the same about drugs right? We know the consequences of those highs that are temporal but then people have got to comeback to reality so they look for the next hit and the next just to get that high feeling again and again. Did God put drugs on earth too?

2- I already explained about Jesus and its pointless explaining any more because you still won't accept the truth of the Bible. I'll live according to scripture and that's it. You have got to read what all scripture says about Christ and not pick and choose one verse here and there and use it to make a feeble point. That is how we should study the Bible on every subject. Read all scripture on those subjects to fully understand what the Bible says. I won't discuss this with you again but I will pray for you, for God to lead you to the truth about Him.

John 1:1-3,14, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 10:30, "I and My Father are one.”

John 14:9, "Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?"

Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Philippians 2:5-11, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

There is plenty more scripture about Jesus, do you choose to believe it all or just some of of it hmm?

Last edited:

phipps

Star
I'm not a jew and never said I was, sorry if I gave that impression.
Look mate, I'm 71 years old and in good health physically and mentally despite eating anything I've fancied all my life, including meat, pork and junk food and it hasn't done me a bit of harm.
Basically, I've always simply given my tummy what it tells me it wants, for example at the moment it's telling me it wants that stodgy ready-meal of stew and dumplings that it knows I've got in the fridge.
God (The Master Geneticist) designed our bodies, so I'm sure he wants us to listen to what our body is telling us it wants.. :)
Like I said, the old dietary laws were only aimed at old testament peoples.

PS- I'm non-denominational myself, are you a Jehovah's Witness or what?
As Christians we are supposed to obey God's will. Jesus makes it clear only those who obey His will, will make it eternally (Matthew 7:21; John 10:27; Acts 5:32). God's will on diet is we do not just eat any meat because some of it is unclean.

I'm non denominational too but I am a Bible believing Christian. I don't pick and choose what parts of the Bible to believe. Its all God's Word and its the truth.

Jehovah witnesses do not believe Jesus is God. They believe He is created. They are wrong too.

I have to go, goodbye.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
God did not put alcohol on earth. Do you have proof of that? Remember we have the devil with us on earth? Alcohol does not make people happy.
You do realise you could say the same about drugs right?

I already explained about Jesus and its pointless explaining any more because you still won't accept the truth of the Bible. I'll live scripture and that's it.

As I said, God put alcohol on earth to make people happy, it's only the drunken bums who abuse it who get it a bad name.
Same with drugs which he put on earth to relieve pain and diseases, the abusers get that a bad name too.
"Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river...Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing" (Ezekiel 47:12)

You say you "live scripture" so if that means you go around killing witches and adulteresses under the old laws, i think I prefer Jesus's approach..:D
"The law was given by Moses,but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)

phipps

Star
As I said, God put alcohol on earth to make people happy, it's only the drunken bums who abuse it who get it a bad name.
Same with drugs which he put on earth to relieve pain and diseases, the abusers get that a bad name too.
"Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river...Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing" (Ezekiel 47:12)

You say you "live scripture" so if that means you go around killing witches and adulteresses under the old laws, i think I prefer Jesus's approach..:D
"The law was given by Moses,but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. God did not create alcohol and its not biblical at all. You are actually lying and using scripture to make it agree with you rather than finding out the truth. Stop that! That's wrong.

Where in scripture does it say its okay to go around killing anyone? Again you do not know what you're talking about. Thou shalt not kill, remember? And I know you are going to use the Old covenant to come at me but don't bother. Try and understand the differences between the Old and New covenants and how the Bible harmonises.

Last edited: