Taylor $wift

sandonthebeach

Established
Have you listened to Avril Lavinge or Alanis Morissette
Taylor Swift started as a country singer, I guess to appeal to younger audiences and then, she jumped onto Pop (to do more or less the same as Shania Twain or Faith Hill, though them are way more talented and better singers than TS) to reach a much broad audiences. Avril Lavigne was Pop, dressed as Punk Rock (in vogue back then), marketed as an edgy, cool, not your typical pop star and that could write songs and play the guitar. She didn't recycle her style and fell into irrelevance. In a way, was a replacement for Alanis Morissette, who was marketed as something similar, though with a grunge look, to appeal Gen X. Both Alanis and Avril were way more talented than TS.

So, TS is more mediocre than others before, and yet, there she is. I guess they haven't found yet someone to replace her. Younger singers most of them are even more mediocre than TS, no charisma, few can actually sing or dance. No quality in the songs at all or they directly sample older songs or remake them.

moodychick

Established
Taylor Swift started as a country singer, I guess to appeal to younger audiences and then, she jumped onto Pop (to do more or less the same as Shania Twain or Faith Hill, though them are way more talented and better singers than TS) to reach a much broad audiences. Avril Lavigne was Pop, dressed as Punk Rock (in vogue back then), marketed as an edgy, cool, not your typical pop star and that could write songs and play the guitar. She didn't recycle her style and fell into irrelevance. In a way, was a replacement for Alanis Morissette, who was marketed as something similar, though with a grunge look, to appeal Gen X. Both Alanis and Avril were way more talented than TS.

So, TS is more mediocre than others before, and yet, there she is. I guess they haven't found yet someone to replace her. Younger singers most of them are even more mediocre than TS, no charisma, few can actually sing or dance. No quality in the songs at all or they directly sample older songs or remake them.
I disagree. Lavigne's image was more pop-punk or mall punk. Real punk rock is very different and unconventional, not mainstream. Also to add, she used to sing country songs, especially covers of Shania Twain. It's odd she transited from country to pop-rock.

Who was before TS? Is she a successor of Carrie Underwood, Jewel, or another female country singer?

arhur12

Star
I disagree. Lavigne's image was more pop-punk or mall punk. Real punk rock is very different and unconventional, not mainstream. Also to add, she used to sing country songs, especially covers of Shania Twain. It's odd she transited from country to pop-rock.

Who was before TS? Is she a successor of Carrie Underwood, Jewel, or another female country singer?
I always thought of her as the female version of Justin Timberlake. Both benefit from their white privilege, have the sweet boy/girl-next-door image and became famous by writing break up songs about their exes. Taylor apparently is a huge fan of Nsync and JT too.

minnie82

Superstar
Oh 100%, Im never forgiving what happened during the Super bowl w Janet Jackson. All he had to say was "Its not her fault"....cuz it wasnt. And taylor swift.....her boyfriends are questionable and her private jet usage is crazy
And the way he treated Britney after and during their relationship, he play the victim when in reality he wasn't

e-Enoch

Superstar
Taylor Swift...the "divine feminine..." the "mistress of satan..."

Centuries-Old Historic German Church Draws 1,200 People To Attend A ‘Taylor Swift Worship Service’ Because She ‘Points The Way To God’
1715767904259.png
The centuries-old Church of the Holy Spirit in Germany drew more than 1,200 people on Sunday for worship services featuring the music of Taylor Swift.

sadtruth

Established
I'm suprised no one has talked about her songs "No Body, No Crime" and "Florida!"
Does anyone think there might be some truth to "No Body, No Crime"...?
Although she says it's a murder mystery she made up, she always hides truths to her songs so I've always felt like she's lying and there's more to the story.
The story is from the perspective of a friend of a woman who suspects her husband of having an affair. The woman disappears and the husband moves the mistress into their home, buys new tyres for his truck insinuating he killed his wife and is hiding his tracks. The friend is furious, kills the husband and dumps his body in a body of water somwhere but she's not spesific about it, "Good thing my daddy made me get a boating license when I was fifteen"...She does however reference "No Body, No Crime" and I think she specifies the body of water in her new song "Florida!" suspicious...If it's made up, why bring it back up in another song?

Here's a few lyrics from "Florida!" which is filled with murder/crime imagery.

"You can beat the heat if you beat the charges too"

"Well, me and my ghosts, we had a hell of a time
Yes, I'm haunted but I'm feeling just fine
All my girls got their lace and their crimes
And your cheating husband disappeared
Well, no one asks any questions here"

"So I did my best to lay to rest
All of the bodies that have ever been on my body
And in my mind, they sink into the swamp"

"Little did you know
Your home's really only the town you'll get arrested
So you pack your life away
Just to wait out the shitstorm back in Texas"

"I need to forget, so take me to Florida
I've got some regrets, I'll bury them in Florida
Tell me I'm despicable, say it's unforgivable""

Seems like she's living a dark satanic lifestyle and she's basically saying they can commit any crime, even murder, and get away with it.

Last edited: