Taylor $wift

arhur12

Star
I was listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller the album last night and realized how dull today's pop stars are compared to stars in 80s and early 90s. Taylor is rn the biggest artist of this generation but she is so dull both musically and lyrically. All she ever writes about is breakups and relationships or her feuds with famous people. Compare that to MJ who was writing songs about racism, bullying/toxic masculinity, climate change, and world peace. Even Madonna used to be better than Taylor. She spoke about many social issues of her time and faced backlash for it. Also she had better sounding music even though I don't personally like that woman. Nowadays we have Beyonce who is supposed to be this socially conscious musician but even her activism feels so performative.

I guess the change happened after Britney Spears. I feel bad for the woman but she is the perfect example of pop mediocrity. She didn't write her own songs, is not a good singer and relied heavily on her sex appeal to sell records. Pop music declined after music labels started to push industry plants like Britney who could not write their own music and relied on their sex appeal to sell records. Now we have the likes of Taylor Swift who writes lyrics that could fit in a gossip magazine and sells records by making her fans invested in her personal life.

minnie82

Superstar
I was listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller the album last night and realized how dull today's pop stars are compared to stars in 80s and early 90s. Taylor is rn the biggest artist of this generation but she is so dull both musically and lyrically. All she ever writes about is breakups and relationships or her feuds with famous people. Compare that to MJ who was writing songs about racism, bullying/toxic masculinity, climate change, and world peace. Even Madonna used to be better than Taylor. She spoke about many social issues of her time and faced backlash for it. Also she had better sounding music even though I don't personally like that woman. Nowadays we have Beyonce who is supposed to be this socially conscious musician but even her activism feels so performative.

I guess the change happened after Britney Spears. I feel bad for the woman but she is the perfect example of pop mediocrity. She didn't write her own songs, is not a good singer and relied heavily on her sex appeal to sell records. Pop music declined after music labels started to push industry plants like Britney who could not write their own music and relied on their sex appeal to sell records. Now we have the likes of Taylor Swift who writes lyrics that could fit in a gossip magazine and sells records by making her fans invested in her personal life.
Britney actually wrote some of her songs, especially the un released ones, but they didn't give her the credits, and about her voice, she sings in a tone that 's not hers, her record label forced her to sing in a baby voice that was more pop, her original voice is actually good, I think she can sing, if you see her video when she was younger, that 's the proof..

Last edited:

arhur12

Star
Sadly, this is all propaganda, though. It's sad he got caught up in all the stuff that the elites want to brainwash us with. So much Marxism in these topics, it makes my head spin.
Of course all pop stars of the past and present were industry plants but the music used to be better in the past. Songs like Man in the Mirror, Beat It, Heal the world, have good messages for the youth and are songs anyone can relate to without knowing anything about Michael Jackson as a person. Meanwhile, to enjoy Taylor's latest album you have to know about her personal life or the lyrics and music sound dull. In recent years, pop music has become more about the artists and their personal life than the music.

arhur12

Star
Britney actually wrote some of her songs, especially the un released ones, but they didn't give her the credits, and about her voice, she sings in a tone that 's not hers, her record label forced her to sing in a baby voice that was more pop, her original voice is actually good, I think she can sing, if you see her video when she was younger, that 's the proof..
I am not referring to Britney Spears the individual I am talking about the manufactured persona Jive records forced on her. There were Anti-Britneys and Britney clones launched by other labels after she became big and imo pop music became more shallow because anyone with sex appeal could become popular. Taylor herself had the blonde, innocent, sweet girl persona initially popularized by Britney in the early 2000s. We don't have male pop stars anymore and most of the female pop stars are releasing songs about their personal life and dramas.

minnie82

Superstar
I am not referring to Britney Spears the individual I am talking about the manufactured persona Jive records forced on her. There were Anti-Britneys and Britney clones launched by other labels after she became big and imo pop music became more shallow because anyone with sex appeal could become popular. Taylor herself had the blonde, innocent, sweet girl persona initially popularized by Britney in the early 2000s. We don't have male pop stars anymore and most of the female pop stars are releasing songs about their personal life and dramas.
yes i agree with the last part ..

Of course all pop stars of the past and present were industry plants but the music used to be better in the past. Songs like Man in the Mirror, Beat It, Heal the world, have good messages for the youth and are songs anyone can relate to without knowing anything about Michael Jackson as a person. Meanwhile, to enjoy Taylor's latest album you have to know about her personal life or the lyrics and music sound dull. In recent years, pop music has become more about the artists and their personal life than the music.
I understand what you mean, yeah. I do especially like Beat It, such a good tune. It sucks how they figure people have to know everything about Taylor, it just takes away from the experience. She's as boring as they come, and extremely overrated

redqueen

Superstar
What about Billie Eyelash?
they're all cookie cutter "artists"now a days in all genres,they
look the same,they all sound exact or extremely similar to each
other and it's not just the females it the males too
every area has been polluted with all the agendas today

when I was a kid there's was a difference or maybe it just seemed
that way?seemed like a lot of variety to the sound/looks of the "artists
and genres"

didn't eyelash just come outta the closet,well officially as she says she's
always been out

Last edited:

saintroserosalia

Established
Some of you mentioned Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish.... they really don't annoy me like how T.Swift does. I already dislike her way back in Love Story era, and continue to dislike her today. This woman seems to stuck in her teens. How does a singer who is 4-time Album of the year Grammy winner be chidishly obnoxious? Were the voters deaf? I don't care about Grammies, but still.
It is way too much.

Some of you mentioned Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish.... they really don't annoy me like how T.Swift does. I already dislike her way back in Love Story era, and continue to dislike her today. This woman seems to stuck in her teens. How does a singer who is 4-time Album of the year Grammy winner be chidishly obnoxious? Were the voters deaf? I don't care about Grammies, but still.
It is way too much.
I think it is all rigged. She is some kind of political psyop to be used in the future as an influencer.

arhur12

Star
It is way too much.
Folklore and Evermore were good albums but judging from her recent releases those albums were probably a fluke. I don't understand how she won album of the year for Fearless. That's such a mediocre album. They never gave Britney any Grammy's despite her music being just as shallow. It seems like she has supporters among the voters.

sandonthebeach

Established
Pop music declined after music labels started to push industry plants like Britney who could not write their own music and relied on their sex appeal to sell records.
I think it started in the 80's, or probably before, but it wasn't so obvious. Remember Milli Vanilli (they didn't sing), Paula Abdul (she was a, average singer, though an excellent dancer and coreographer), the Spice Girls (only Mel C could sing and Emma, more or less)...so on.
Britney was entirely made by the industry and the iconic "good girl gone bad" marketing strategy that was used with others later.

I think it started in the 80's, or probably before, but it wasn't so obvious. Remember Milli Vanilli (they didn't sing), Paula Abdul (she was a, average singer, though an excellent dancer and coreographer), the Spice Girls (only Mel C could sing and Emma, more or less)...so on.
Britney was entirely made by the industry and the iconic "good girl gone bad" marketing strategy that was used with others later.
At least Britney could dance.

moodychick

Established
This juvenile woman in the most overrated, most saturated human being since 2010. Only her equally juvenile fans like her.
Nothing about her is original. Red lips? Ever heard of Marilyn Monroe? Blond hair? Nearly every actress or singer in Hollywood sports it.The songwriting chick playing guitar? Have you listened to Avril Lavinge or Alanis Morissette. Her early career was similar to Lavigne's especially the music videos. Avril Lavigne was extremely popular from 2002-2008.. It's no coincidence her fame was stolen by now Miss Popular.

In the 2000s, there was a pop singer who was blonde, wore red lipstick and had an immature image despite being in her thirties. That was Gwen Stefani. Unlike Swift, Gwen Stefani's music was catchy and had more spunk.

This woman is as exciting as a cake from a grocery store.

arhur12

Star
The 80s also had Madonna who Britney was inspired by. Blond woman who uses controversy to sell records? Madonna did that before Taylor and Gaga.

minnie82

Superstar
This juvenile woman in the most overrated, most saturated human being since 2010. Only her equally juvenile fans like her.
Nothing about her is original. Red lips? Ever heard of Marilyn Monroe? Blond hair? Nearly every actress or singer in Hollywood sports it.The songwriting chick playing guitar? Have you listened to Avril Lavinge or Alanis Morissette. Her early career was similar to Lavigne's especially the music videos. Avril Lavigne was extremely popular from 2002-2008.. It's no coincidence her fame was stolen by now Miss Popular.

In the 2000s, there was a pop singer who was blonde, wore red lipstick and had an immature image despite being in her thirties. That was Gwen Stefani. Unlike Swift, Gwen Stefani's music was catchy and had more spunk.

This woman is as exciting as a cake from a grocery store.
Gwen Stefani is way more talented than Swift ..