Once Saved Always Saved?

TokiEl

Superstar
ANY & ALL sin I have ever committed AND any sin I ever commit in the future (I am not condoning sin here, just pointing out that I am not perfect) are ALL paid for by Christ.
So since you believe in Jesus... you can in fact commit every sin under the sun and be as depraved as you want ?

Sign me up !

Seriously don't you understand the grave error of this theology ?

TokiEl

Superstar
John MacArthur :oops:

Yup he did, he talked about it, basically when Israel is being redeemed, the antichrist will establish his rule and in order to use money to buy and sell and other stuffs, people will have to use that whatever mark of the beast will be.
For some time we have been using a microchip on a piece of plastic card to buy and sell. So it is reasonable to assume that the mark of the beast is a microchip implant.

Allegra

Veteran
For some time we have been using a microchip on a piece of plastic card to buy and sell. So it is reasonable to assume that the mark of the beast is a microchip implant.
Microchip implant has been implemented in some places for some time now, more and more companies want their employees to be chipped. It will be mandatory. Soon, if you need a job but u don't wanna be implanted, you're doomed. Landing a job is already hard enough, rejecting the job cuz we have to microchip ourselves is not a choice! People would be like "should i take it or not take it? Or maybe I should take it cuz it's most likely, this chip is not mark of the beast anyways lol!!!"
More and more people will show up and say it is not the mark of the beast cuz it's been around. Christians expect it to come in a fateful day by being declared everywhere. They don't understand that things are done gradually to make it look normal and harder to reject.

Do I believe it is the mark of the beast? I'd say it's pretty convincing, since the procedure and uses are just like what the bible say. Could it be it's just a distraction for the real mark of the beast? It is also possible. Either way, I will never put this thing in my body. Never ever!

B10h4x is the name of the company that started microchip implant. The microchip is called NTAG216. Just to let you know 6 x 6 x 6 = 216. Coincidence or not?

Revelation 13:18.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

https://www.nanalyze.com/2017/08/who-makes-rfid-chip-implants-humans/

Sorry for derailing! I'll stop here.

Thunderian

Superstar
So since you believe in Jesus... you can in fact commit every sin under the sun and be as depraved as you want ?
It's possible, but no one is advising it.

Consider these scenarios and let me know what you think.

A woman who received Jesus Christ as a young girl strays as she gets older and, in a moment of terrible weakness, has an abortion. She feels enormous conviction over this, and cries out to God for forgiveness and restoration. Is she still saved? When did she lose her salvation, and how does she get it back?​
A homosexual accepts Jesus Christ after a suicide attempt. He accepts the Bible's teaching on homosexuality, repents of his former lifestyle, and maintains his celibacy. But he's still attracted to men, and as much as he prays for things to change, he can't help his thoughts. Is he saved? Are the thoughts enough reason for God to cancel his salvation, or would he have to act on them?​
An alcoholic and drug addict hears the gospel at a recovery house. He turns a new leaf, embraces Jesus Christ, and stays sober for three years. Then his mother dies, and in his grief he falls back into his addictions. He overdoses and dies. Is he in hell?​

Allegra

Veteran
I know you’re asking TokiEl but I’m interested in the scenarios so I wanna give u my own opinions and what I believe.

A homosexual accepts Jesus Christ after a suicide attempt. He accepts the Bible's teaching on homosexuality, repents of his former lifestyle, and maintains his celibacy. But he's still attracted to men, and as much as he prays for things to change, he can't help his thoughts. Is he saved? Are the thoughts enough reason for God to cancel his salvation, or would he have to act on them?
He is saved cuz he carries his cross. His thoughts about lusting other men is the same like heterosexuals lusting the opposite gender. Thoughts like this can come up anytime, but genuine believers will quickly distract themselves with other things to stop thinking about it.
I know a person who is like this, a homosexual with gender dysphoria. The struggles are really painful. But he keeps fighting the fight until the end. Just recently he finally came out to his family and they’re helping him. He’s not carrying his burden alone anymore.

A woman who received Jesus Christ as a young girl strays as she gets older and, in a moment of terrible weakness, has an abortion. She feels enormous conviction over this, and cries out to God for forgiveness and restoration. Is she still saved? When did she lose her salvation, and how does she get it back?
God knows the future, He knows his people. He knows who will preserve until the end and He knows those who will reject and stray at the end. Her salvation was never gone because God knew she would repent.

And to answer the last scenario.
There are 2 possibilities.
He is an unrepentant ‘believer’.
During his judgement God will ask “if you believe in Me, why you didn’t come to me? Didn’t I tell you, come all who is heavy burdened and I’ll give you rest? You had heard me but you did not believe.”

Will God accept this unrepentant believer to His kingdom? John Piper says “We are accountable for what we know.”

The other possibility,
God will still accept him. Paul speaks of those who make it into the kingdom by the skin of their teeth. Just like the thief on the cross.

Last edited:

Todd

Star
It's possible, but no one is advising it.

Consider these scenarios and let me know what you think.

A woman who received Jesus Christ as a young girl strays as she gets older and, in a moment of terrible weakness, has an abortion. She feels enormous conviction over this, and cries out to God for forgiveness and restoration. Is she still saved? When did she lose her salvation, and how does she get it back?​

A homosexual accepts Jesus Christ after a suicide attempt. He accepts the Bible's teaching on homosexuality, repents of his former lifestyle, and maintains his celibacy. But he's still attracted to men, and as much as he prays for things to change, he can't help his thoughts. Is he saved? Are the thoughts enough reason for God to cancel his salvation, or would he have to act on them?​

An alcoholic and drug addict hears the gospel at a recovery house. He turns a new leaf, embraces Jesus Christ, and stays sober for three years. Then his mother dies, and in his grief he falls back into his addictions. He overdoses and dies. Is he in hell?​
Such simple minded thinking totally cheapens the sacrifice that Christ made on the cross. Salvation is not about going to heaven or hell. Hell is a pagan concept the Church adopted to scare people into submission. Jesus gave his life so we could be saved from the power of sin, not to keep us out of hell. The scenario's above are all examples of people falling under the power of sin. They can all receive forgiveness and restoration and be deliveried from the guilt and shame of it all at anytime.

Yes there are consequences of dying in our sin versus being whole and in right relationship with God when we die, but that has to do with the level of correction and purification one goes through in the ages to come. Salvation is the process of being delivered from the power of sin in the here and now, by trusting in the sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross. Salvation is not being saved from a sadistic God or eternal damnation.

Allegra

Veteran
Such simple minded thinking totally cheapens the sacrifice that Christ made on the cross. Salvation is not about going to heaven or hell. Hell is a pagan concept the Church adopted to scare people into submission. Jesus gave his life so we could be saved from the power of sin, not to keep us out of hell. The scenario's above are all examples of people falling under the power of sin. They can all receive forgiveness and restoration and be deliveried from the guilt and shame of it all at anytime.

Yes there are consequences of dying in our sin versus being whole and in right relationship with God when we die, but that has to do with the level of correction and purification one goes through in the ages to come. Salvation is the process of being delivered from the power of sin in the here and now, by trusting in the sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross. Salvation is not being saved from a sadistic God or eternal damnation.
There are plenty of verses in the bible about Hell.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
-‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:8‬‬

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:"
-‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:43

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."
-‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:7‬‬

Also Jesus talked about the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. Jesus is telling us what is happening after death.

I always believe in what the bible says, it is God’s Word.
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
-‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬‬

We believe in God’s Word that He always preserves as God says heaven and earth will fade but His Word will remain. Yes I idolise God’s Word cuz why not, it is from God. On earth we don’t see Him, we can’t see Him. But He is with us and we see His Word, it is Him that we see. That’s why we believe.

Mr Todd, I know you will find this offensive but I have to say that you believe in the wrong doctrine. I hope you don’t lead anyone to believe that hell doesnt exist. You better believe in hell before God shows you that place Himself.

That is all from me to you.

Todd

Star
There are plenty of verses in the bible about Hell.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
-‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:8‬‬

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:"
-‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:43

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."
-‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:7‬‬

Also Jesus talked about the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. Jesus is telling us what is happening after death.

I always believe in what the bible says, it is God’s Word.
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
-‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬‬

We believe in God’s Word that He always preserves as God says heaven and earth will fade but His Word will remain. Yes I idolise God’s Word cuz why not, it is from God. On earth we don’t see Him, we can’t see Him. But He is with us and we see His Word, it is Him that we see. That’s why we believe.

Mr Todd, I know you will find this offensive but I have to say that you believe in the wrong doctrine. I hope you don’t lead anyone to believe that hell doesnt exist. You better believe in hell before God shows you that place Himself.

That is all from me to you.
No offense taken. I used to be indoctrinated by Church doctrine and theology myself, so I understand your intent and motive. The fact that you admit you idolize a book translated and interpreted by men, says a lot.

Everyone of those verses is incorrectly translated or interpreted to imply hell as a place of unending torment, though none of them actually say that in the original greek. I never stated that hell does not exist. I simply disagree with the mainstream churches definition and purpose of "hell".

Allegra

Veteran
No offense taken. I used to be indoctrinated by Church doctrine and theology myself, so I understand your intent and motive. The fact that you admit you idolize a book translated and interpreted by men, says a lot.

Everyone of those verses is incorrectly translated or interpreted to imply hell as a place of unending torment, though none of them actually say that in the original greek. I never stated that hell does not exist. I simply disagree with the mainstream churches definition and purpose of "hell".
I believe God’s preserve His Word.

Heaven and earth will pass but my word will not pass (In Matthew, Mark and Luke)

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
-‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:18‬‬

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
-‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:8‬‬

The scriptures is preserved by God’s power. The evil wickedness may want to twist and pervert the Word of God but God reigns over satan. If you believe the bible is corrupted then you don’t believe in God’s power and Word to preserve it. That is already sign that something whispered to you that God is not sovereign.

Last time I checked only unbelievers believe the bible is not preserved. But why you as a believer, doubt God who says not one letter will disappear even til the heaven and earth pass away? Where is your faith?

God’s Word is always been and will always be with us.

Hell is as it is stated in the bible. The eternal fire, the place of torment. I mean, being burned with eternal fire in fire is an eternal torment.

Todd

Star
I believe God’s preserve His Word.

Heaven and earth will pass but my word will not pass (In Matthew, Mark and Luke)

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
-‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:18‬‬

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
-‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:8‬‬

The scriptures is preserved by God’s power. The evil wickedness may want to twist and pervert the Word of God but God reigns over satan. If you believe the bible is corrupted then you don’t believe in God’s power and Word to preserve it. That is already sign that something whispered to you that God is not sovereign.

Last time I checked only unbelievers believe the bible is not preserved. But why you as a believer, doubt God who says not one letter will disappear even til the heaven and earth pass away? Where is your faith?

God’s Word is always been and will always be with us.

Hell is as it is stated in the bible. The eternal fire, the place of torment. I mean, being burned with eternal fire in fire is an eternal torment.
So which English version of Bible do you believe is his preserved word? Which one do you trust when they contradict or imply different meanings. That can't all be right. I don't explicitily trust any English version of the Bible which is why I go back to the original greek and hebrew and do word studies myself to try to understand the meaning and intent of the original text.

But even if we assume English translations are perfect, the verses you listed in the post that I quoted do not explicitily state hell is a place of eternal torment that no one can ever escape from. You are still reading your indoctrination into the verses.

Allegra

Veteran
So which English version of Bible do you believe is his preserved word? Which one do you trust when they contradict or imply different meanings. That can't all be right. I don't explicitily trust any English version of the Bible which is why I go back to the original greek and hebrew and do word studies myself to try to understand the meaning and intent of the original text.

But even if we assume English translations are perfect, the verses you listed in the post that I quoted do not explicitily state hell is a place of eternal torment that no one can ever escape from. You are still reading your indoctrination into the verses.
King James Bible

Matthew 25:46
“And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

If you wanna know why KJV is more precise than other versions go to Chicktracts on YouTube. Go through his videos, he explains a lots. He is a bible scholar, he speaks with receipts. He also has some of the old manuscripts.

Anyhow, that is from me. I think I have said enough.

Todd

Star
King James Bible

Matthew 25:46
“And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

If you wanna know why KJV is more precise than other versions go to Chicktracts on YouTube. Go through his videos, he explains a lots. He is a bible scholar, he speaks with receipts. He also has some of the old manuscripts.

Anyhow, that is from me. I think I have said enough.
Yes the King James translators came from the paradigm of the pagan concept of hell as eternal torment. Study the original greek word that is translated as "eternal" and it's easy to see the origninal meaning did not mean "everlasting" or "eternal". It means "of the ages" or "age enduring". An age is a very long but still finite amount of time.

I agree you have said enough as you have nothing different to say then everyone else who has been indoctrinated by institutionalized religion. I trust God and his word, I don't trust King James and his translators and the sadistic image of the God they portray.

Lisa

Superstar
John MacArthur :oops:

Yup he did, he talked about it, basically when Israel is being redeemed, the antichrist will establish his rule and in order to use money to buy and sell and other stuffs, people will have to use that whatever mark of the beast will be. Christians living in tribulations need those basic needs and if they don't take the mark they won't survive. So it is alright to take mark of the beast because if Christians don't take the mark of the beast, there won't be anyone to have salvation at the end of tribulation.

Hmm, can I say this... Anyhow, his logic is like a typical privileged modern people, don't wanna think and hear about tribulation. They can't and don't wanna be in a hard situation. It's unthinkable for them. This is what happens when people live too comfortably.

Salvation is for those who do not take the mark of the beast. Period.

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Stop following men. We are all fallen being.

Another thing from John MacArthur, he believes that salvation comes from the death of Jesus not the blood of Jesus. And then he said that there is nothing 'magic' in Jesus' blood.................................................................... I kid u not, it's really from his own mouth.

Romans 5:9
Ephesians 1:7
Hebrews 10:19

We are justified by the blood of Jesus. In Him, through His blood, we have redemption and we have confidence to enter The Holiest by His BLOOD.

----

Also, yes. I do read from ESV but also KJV. However, my source is always KJV.

Don't like KJV cuz it's too archaic for ya? Get KJVER Sword Bible, its the same bible but with modern words.

About Wescott and Hort.... All I can say is don't trust people who believe in the communion of spirits to translate your bible.
Ya, I agree that people don’t want to believe God would have them go through the hardship of the tribulation, probably why the pre turn rapture is so prevalent. What sticking around will do to their faith, I can only imagine, however if they take that mark that will seal it for them. We are told not to take the mark but he says you can...sounds like a person can be deceived enough to lose salvation then?

I’m good with my nasb..thanks though. :)
Hasn’t let me down yet. Like I keep being told...everyone is deceived by something...

Lisa

Superstar
@Claire Rousseau
Why once saved always saved is no bueno...

1.) If it happened to the Israelites it can happen to you...God tells us we are not better than Israel.
Romans 11:17-25‬ ‭
“But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree? For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;”
‭‭

2.) Falling away....The Bible tells us falling away is a possibility for those in the faith...Jesus, Peter, Paul and the writer of Hebrews knew of it.

Matthew 24:10
At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.

Matthew 26:33
But Peter said to Him, "Even though all may fall away because of You, I will never fall away."

1 Timothy 4:1
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.

Hebrews 2:1‬-3
For this reason we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away from it. “For if the word spoken through angels proved unalterable, and every transgression and disobedience received a just penalty, how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?

Hebrews 3:12-14
Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end.

3.) How does the falling away happen?
2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.
‭‭
Galatians 5:2-9
Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love. You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion did not come from Him who calls you. A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough.

Colossians 2:8‬ ‭
See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.
‭‭

4.) What happens to those who fall away....because there is a punishment for falling away.
Hebrews 6:4-8
For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

Hebrews 10:36-39
For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY. BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM. But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

5.) Not everyone who says they are Christians are Christians.
Matthew 7:15-23
Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits. "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

6.) Test to see if you are in the faith....
‭‭2 Corinthians 13:5-6‬
Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test? But I trust that you will realize that we ourselves do not fail the test.”

Acts 17:11‬ ‭
Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

‭‭‭
7.) Some iffy things....
Hebrews 3:6
but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house-whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.

Hebrews 3:14
For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end.

John 8:51
Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.”

John 15:6
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

John 15:14
You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Romans 8:13
For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Romans 11:22
Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 John 2:24
Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.

8.) Be alert!
Luke 21:36
But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.

1 Corinthians‬ ‭16:13‬
Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.

1 Peter 5:8-9‬
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.

‭‭1 Thessalonians 5:4-6‬ ‭
But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.”

9.) Endurance is key!
Matthew 24:13
The one who endures to the end will be saved.

Mark 13:13
You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.
‭‭‭
2 Timothy 2:12‬
If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

Ephesians‬ ‭6:10-18‬
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints.
‭‭‭

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
You said a person can stop believing in God “the way God really is”......what do you mean by that??
The way God really is...verses like this...
Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
He is kind and He can also be severe. People tend to like to believe only the good things they think of God..not the (for lack of a better word) bad things that God has said. We tend to want positivity and God works with discipline as well. And His discipline can be hard on us but its for our good. People then try to say...O no, God is not like that He is a loving God, things like that. If you take out He is God and all that it means and put Him in some love God box that only sees good things happening then you don’t know God how He really is.

Lisa

Superstar
I agree, but how is eternal damnation "for our good"?
By being told that there is a hell, a punishment for sin, that lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, maybe that helps someone to really consider what God is saying about their sins and to look to Him to save them.

Todd

Star
By being told that there is a hell, a punishment for sin, that lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, maybe that helps someone to really consider what God is saying about their sins and to look to Him to save them.
Yes, because we know threatening harm to someone is the most effective and noble motivation technique there is, right? You really think God himself couldn't come up with a better idea? Do you even think about what you type before hitting "reply"?

Last edited:

Sign me up !

Seriously don't you understand the grave error of this theology ?
Did you see my remark in parentheses within that sentence??

People do not come to believe on Christ so they can commit sin.... They come to believe on Him because they know they are ALREADY sinners, and discover that God has executed a plan to save us from the Hell we deserve because He loves us and doesn't want us to go to Hell.

I'd say that is the best news I've ever heard., and it would be foolish to reject the greatest gift God gave us.

Maybe you ought to consider why your mind immediately resorts to the commission of depravity and debauchery at the thought of this gift, instead of being thankful and glorifying God for His mercy and forbearance.