Eye on Israel...(...and The Spiritual Battle Behind The War...)

phipps

Star
The US was stronger militarily then Afghanistan. Who won that one? In fact history is replete with smaller armies beating larger ones.

Question is, which side is God on? Whose the oppressors here Phip?

View attachment 92801

Really think the chosenites have Gods support when this is the reality?

View attachment 92802
I am not an Israeli government supporter as I've explained above. Never have been. I don't agree with how they've treated Palestine for decades. I hope you understand that. And I do know Israel is not a religious state. Its secular.

Daze

Superstar
I'm not trying to white wash anything. Hamas was wrong in their attack and innocent people have been murdered and taken hostage. I also don't support what Israel has done to Palestine for decades since they creates their state and subjugated the Palestinians for decades. I don't agree with their retaliation and blockade too. However as you can see violence is not the way to go. That is the truth.

Just because I disagree with what Hamas has done, doesn't mean I agree with what Israel has done either. I am not the side of the governments, I am on the side of the innocent civilians on both sides who have nothing to do with this political war.
Say i know you personally and i come and oppressed you and your family for 70 years. Literally take everything from you.
I guess if you raised a hand to me you'd be in the wrong.

I am not an Israeli government supporter as I've explained above. Never have been. I don't agree with how they've treated Palestine for decades. I hope you understand that. And I do know its not a religious state. Its secular.
Yes, i understand. But the size of an army is irrelevant. Look at how Israel has the best surveillance tech today. Literally through back doors and espionage, this is something they excel at. The ability to watch literally everyone.

So how did Hamas get a surprise attack to begin with?

Many use this example to say Israel planned this and will use it to attack Gaza but i don't see it that way. I think Israelis can only see what God allows them to see. Regardless of what kind of intelligence they think they have. Absolute control belongs to the Almighty.

phipps

Star
@Daze
Say i know you personally and i come and oppressed you and your family for 70 years. Literally take everything from you.
I guess if you raised a hand to me you'd be in the wrong.
This is more than raising a hand to someone, its actual murder. And that will always be wrong.

Yes, i understand. But the size of an army is irrelevant. Look at how Israel has the best surveillance tech today. Literally through back doors and espionage, this is something they excel at. The ability to watch literally everyone.
Well that depends if you believe the media on that. You've got to remember that the people in high places plan wars and how do we know this isn't one of them? I'm one of those people who doesn't believe anything the media say even though it might be true. They have lied and manipulated so many times, its hard to tell when they are telling the truth and when they are not.

So how did Hamas get a surprise attack to begin with?
Even though it may be true that Israel was caught off guard by Hamas, they still are stronger militarily as they are proving with their retaliation. The whole thing is just so sad plus they have the power to blockade Palestine.

Many use this example to say Israel planned this and will use it to attack Gaza but i don't see it that way. I think Israelis can only see what God allows them to see. Regardless of what kind of intelligence they think they have. Absolute control belongs to the Almighty.
True, only God is in full control. No one ever wins in war though.

Last edited:

Daze

Superstar
This is more than raising a hand to someone, its actual murder. And that will always be wrong.
For Gods sake, what do you think Israel does DAILY?

You keep defending satan. This is pointless.

Whats sad is non-Muslims / Christians are calling out the evil. Something you refuse to do.

1696865134951.png

"Oh, they're bad.. but so are they".. no.. not even close.

phipps

Star
I believe that
For Gods sake, what do you think Israel does DAILY?

You keep defending satan. This is pointless.

Whats sad is non-Muslims / Christians are calling out the evil. Something you refuse to do.

View attachment 92807

"Oh, they're bad.. but so are they".. no.. not even close.
You don't seem to understand that I don't support the Israeli government nor am I defending them. However I do not support Hamas either and their violent tactics. Both sides are just as bad as each other if they choose to do the wrong things that the other side does. It doesn't matter who started the conflict first or not. They are both satan in my opinion.

I call out the evil on both sides. As I've repeatedly said civilians are going to pay a high price and all for what? I am not going to agree with you that Hamas is justified in what they've done. Just like Israel has never been justified in what they've done to Palestine for decades.

So lets agree to disagree.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Bible tells to us why there is so much war, violence, and terror increasing in the world today. It also explains why political leaders are incapable of stopping these acts. The problem is that acts of war, terror, and sin do not only come because of economic injustice, greed, racial tensions, or religious conflicts. The Bible tells us that these are only symptoms of a much deeper problem. God identifies that the real issue for all the tragedies we are seeing today is the human heart.

James 4:1, "Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?"

Mark 7:21-23, "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”

Corrupt and wicked thoughts, actions, reasoning, passions, and appetites are the results of a sinful and unregenerate heart. It is only the restraining work of the Spirit of God upon the heart that can contain and suppress the evil thoughts and affections that control men. And as men reject the Holy Spirit, who constrains the heart from fully turning towards evil, the result will lead to the terrible consequences that we are seeing today.

This violence is not just played out during international conflicts, wars, or acts of terrorism; this violence is also being repeated daily in our schools, homes, and in all segments of society.

"In the days of Noah the overwhelming majority was opposed to the truth, and enamored with a tissue of falsehoods. The land was filled with violence. War, crime, murder, was the order of the day. Just so will it be before Christ’s second coming” (Bible Commentary, Vol. 1 p. 1090).

These acts of violence will only continue to increase as we get nearer to the second coming of Christ. There will never be an end to the conflicts we are seeing today, not until Jesus Christ returns to establish His kingdom of perfect justice and righteousness.

Isaiah 33:7-9, "The ambassadors of peace shall weep bitterly. The highways lie waste, the traveling man ceases. He has broken the covenant, He has despised the cities, He regards no man. The earth mourns and languishes."

We are commanded to pray and work towards peace. We should be the first to encourage every effort to bring peace to our world. But that peace is intimately linked to truth and righteousness. Therefore, we cannot simply pray for peace alone because, without the other two, we will never experience true, lasting peace.

1 Timothy 2:1-2, "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence."

Haich

Superstar
You talk about God then proceed to quote James and Mark?

what would be the Christian response to occupation then? It’s very cute to be a pacifist which works in theory but not practice.

phipps

Star
You talk about God then proceed to quote James and Mark?

what would be the Christian response to occupation then? It’s very cute to be a pacifist which works in theory but not practice.
I don't agree with the occupation but the state of Israel exists. No one can change that. Murdering civilians won't change that.

Haich

Superstar
I don't agree with the occupation but the state of Israel exists. No one can change that. Murdering civilians won't change that.
just answer the question, what is the Christian response to occupation?

phipps

Star
that’s why I asked what is the Christian response to occupation? I didn’t ask for a Hindu response did I?
I don't speak on behalf of Christians nor do I know what all the thousands of denominations say about the occupation. Remember within Christendom we also have different doctrines and beliefs on different subjects.

Haich

Superstar
I don't speak on behalf of Christians nor do I know what all the thousands of denominations say about the occupation. Remember within Christendom we also have different doctrines and beliefs on different subjects.
Noted, according to your specific domination, what would be the appropriate response to occupation?

phipps

Star
Noted, according to your specific domination, what would be the appropriate response to occupation?
I go to an independent Church. I don't belong to a denomination. My Church would agree with me. We don't even believe in fighting in war because we'll be participating in acts of war and bloodshed that don't go hand in hand with biblical teaching.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
I go to an independent Church. I don't belong to a denomination. My Church would agree with me. We don't even believe in fighting in war because we'll be participating acts of war and bloodshed that don't go hand in hand with biblical teaching.
Why can’t you just answer the question? If faced with occupation, what would your independent, non denominational church, do?

Haich

Superstar
It is not a trick question Phipps I’m just trying to understand what you propose from a Christian perspective. Granted there are gazillions of denominations but I’m interested in what you have to say. Surely you have faith in your particular version of Christendom?

phipps

Star
Why can’t you just answer the question? If faced with occupation, what would your independent, non denominational church, do?
Just because you're not getting the answers you want doesn't mean I'm not answering your questions. Not that I have to.

My church would not murder innocent civilians as a means to get back at Israel. That would be breaking the sixth commandment which says, "You shall not murder." I just told you we don't even believe in fighting in war.

phipps

Star
It is not a trick question Phipps I’m just trying to understand what you propose from a Christian perspective. Granted there are gazillions of denominations but I’m interested in what you have to say. Surely you have faith in your particular version of Christendom?
I oppose murder and other war crimes like kidnap, r*pe, torture etc. Anyone who takes part in such crimes is wrong and there is never justification for them. War is a result of failed civility and diplomacy. I don't have a definite answer as to what else can help get peace in that land but what they are doing is not the answer either.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
Just because you're not getting the answers you want doesn't mean I'm not answering your questions. Not that I have to.

My church would not murder innocent civilians as means to get back at Israel. That would be breaking the sixth commandment which says, "You shall not murder." I just told you we don't even believe in fighting in war.
You have chosen not to answer my question and that’s telling. I asked a very basic question, what is the Christian response to opposition and you couldn’t answer it. You keep repeating the same thing as if that answers the question that I asked. I heard you, you’re against killing, murder, war-that’s fine. What is the alternative to opposition is the question that tells me all I need to know.

What a weak Christian you are. Can’t even speak up and state what your scriptures say about injustice. Such a shame.

That’s Christianity for you guys.