Why Do Christians Do This?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Spiritual Kung Fu

I tried pasting your comments into Google Translate but that didn't make things clearer!

Ok tried to read it a bit more slowly. Are you trying to debate the historical evidence for the life, death and resurrection of Jesus? Do you think there is no evidence for it? Just trying to get an angle on your level of research?

Dat make sense?

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
I think spiritual Kung fu is from the Caribbean, I can sense a lot Patois in his posts, I understand him well, my closest friend is Jamaican lol

Anyway guys courtesy of the lovely DesertRose, here's a short video on Islam's stance on Jesus

Enjoy

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think spiritual Kung fu is from the Caribbean, I can sense a lot Patois in his posts, I understand him well, my closest friend is Jamaican lol

Anyway guys courtesy of the lovely DesertRose, here's a short video on Islam's stance on Jesus

Enjoy
I didn't want to make fun of the style as I quite like it but he displays more style than substance p at the moment and there didn't seem to be very much meat in his critique ;-)

I have taken some time to investigate the Muslim concept of Jesus over the last few months... I appreciate that it is consistent with the Qur'anic vision of him, but as there are other external sources outside the Bible including reluctant witnesses and even confirmation by hostile witnesses, the actual Biblical account (with no offence intended) has the greater ring of truth to me.

I have read fairly extensively on the subject and tried to get others to look into such corroborative evidence on the 'Case for Christ' thread.

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/the-vc-case-for-christ-thread.217/

I also read a book called Cold Case Christianity which had an agnostic homicide detective using his professional tools to investigate the evidence for a Biblical Jesus. His findings changed his life.

http://coldcasechristianity.com

Haich

Superstar
I didn't want to make fun of the style as I quite like it but he displays more style than substance p at the moment and there didn't seem to be very much meat in his critique ;-)

I have taken some time to investigate the Muslim concept of Jesus over the last few months... I appreciate that it is consistent with the Qur'anic vision of him, but as there are other external sources outside the Bible including reluctant witnesses and even confirmation by hostile witnesses, the actual Biblical account (with no offence intended) has the greater ring of truth to me.

I have read fairly extensively on the subject and tried to get others to look into such corroborative evidence on the 'Case for Christ' thread.

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/the-vc-case-for-christ-thread.217/

I also read a book called Cold Case Christianity which had an agnostic homicide detective using his professional tools to investigate the evidence for a Biblical Jesus. His findings changed his life.

http://coldcasechristianity.com
His voice is quite monotone and the graphics are little much but I think he draws from evidences which we can both relate to. I found there to be correlation between the biblical verses he quoted and what it states about Jesus in the Quran.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Haich

I only wanted to address the idea that there was a lack of historical proof for the crucification - a claim that surprised me based on my reading. I am glad we have in common an understanding of an historical Jesus, I can understand better the areas where we have different views.

@Kung Fu encouraged me to dig into the textual aspects of the Bible and I'm glad he did as it has really prompted me to deepen my research. This is something I unearthed in my reading, from as stone placed at Nazareth from around 41AD...

EDICT OF CAESAR

"It is my decision [concerning] graves and tombs-whoever has made them for the religious observances of parents, or children, or household members-that these remain undisturbed forever. But if anyone legally charges that another person has destroyed, or has in any manner extracted those who have been buried, or has moved with wicked intent those who have been buried to other places, committing a crime against them, or has moved sepulcher-sealing stones, against such a person, I order that a judicial tribunal be created, just as [is done] concerning the gods in human religious observances, even more so will it be obligatory to treat with honor those who have been entombed. You are absolutely not to allow anyone to move [those who have been entombed]. But if [someone does], I wish that [violator] to suffer capital punishment under the title of tomb-breaker."

Most reliable scholars say that the Caesar in question was Emperor Claudius, and date it to around 41 A.D. The edict required the death penalty for robbing tombs. Pagan Romans usually cremated their dead so it is amazing that the Emperor was concerned about grave robbers...

Daciple

Star
forget about the statement I made about Paul being arrogant. It wasn't the main point I was trying to make and not worth going back and forth about. As far as faith and works you aren't getting my point, but I'm really not worried about it. Jesus said too many things about works for me to ignore. If you want to trust in the words of Paul over the words of Jesus that is your choice. I hope it works out well for you
I trust the Word of God Todd, you are the one who makes distinctions based on your own personal ideologies. I trust all of it in the exact same manner, you clearly throw very direct passages away that is the difference between us that I see. I have stated that I have no problems with Works, neither does Paul, but to make them Salvation Dependent (which in your ideology I dont believe Salvation can truly exist as all things are saved) is where one falls from Grace, as the Word of God clearly states. Faith brings Good Works, there is a desire change in one who is Born Again, but to say one needs Works to get Salvation is contradictory to the Word of God. Salvation is by Grace Alone thru Faith Alone lest anyone boast, it doesnt get much more clear, but if you want to reject clear teachings from the Word of God then so be it the choice is yours, I hope it works out well for you...

Universal Reconciliation in the Bible
Thanks for the verses I am happy to address them and put them in Context for others so they understand what is truly being said but I notice yet again you ignore the crux of much of what I asked if you were able to provide, clearly you are either not capable or purposefully dodge what I have asked. I guess I will have to ask these questions as we go along, maybe for the sake of the readers you can address them so they have more clarity on your position and whether or not it is viable as laid out in the Word of God...

Colossians 1:15-20
All has been Reconciled back to Him, absolutely everyone has the opportunity to go to the Father, all that is required is Repentance and Belief. The Reconciliation is complete, you dont really understand or believe this I suppose, but the Death and Resurrection of Jesus is the path and completeness of Reconciliation. However not everyone will Repent and Believe Todd, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God without Faith. Faith only is going to exist now, the Angels dont have Faith, they see, as for you and I if we reject God now and have no Faith then the Blood of Reconciliation is not applied thus we dont spend Eternity in the New Jerusalem, the New Heaven and New Earth...

Context is always critical in understanding the Word of God, we cant rip one or two verses out of context and make up a Doctrine that goes against other clearly stated verses, thats called horrible exegesis. One thing not spoken about here is Hell, does it say all things in Hell are Reconciled? Heaven and Earth are not Hell are they Todd, they are not the Lake of Fire...

The pathway the Reconciliation is completed in Christ everything that was at enmity in Heaven and Earth have been made to be at peace thru Christ, but only those that believe walk down the path to Heaven...

1 Corinthians 15:22-23

I suppose your are going to go through some mental gymnastics to show me how ALL doesnt really mean ALL.
First and foremost, why do you keep quoting Paul to make your points? You dont believe Paul, and I find it highly disingenuous to quote this chapter as tho its the Word of God to uphold your position but if we read a few verses back we see what?

1 Cor 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God

Pretty hypocritical to reject this but then try and use his writings from the same chapter to prove your doctrines, you would always do better to not use verses from Paul to back up your doctrine if you are going to keep rejecting Paul over and over on this thread/forum and make statements of well you take the words of Paul over Jesus hope it turns out well for you...

Regardless to the point, ALL are made alive in Jesus, would you like to see when Death is defeated and ALL are made alive?

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There it is, ALL men are made alive in Jesus right there, the 2nd Resurrection and what happens after ALL men are made alive in the 2nd Resurrection? Death and Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire, thus the 2nd Resurrection completes EVERYTHING you will ever state about Reconciliation, and ALL MEN being made alive and the END of Death. Yet there is one more thing that happens after ALL men are made alive and DEATH is thrown into the Lake of Fire, all those who are not found in the Book of Life, well they are tossed into the Lake of Fire!! Guess what everyone in the 2nd Resurrection, they all go into the Lake of Fire, none of them believed in Christ, which is why they arent part of the 1st Resurrection.

So Todd maybe you will address this, now where exactly in Revelations do those tossed into the Lake of Fire get out? Where do we see the completion of your Doctrine? It OUGHT to be given a description here somewhere!!! Here is what the Bible actually states:

Rev 21:And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

We have everyone thrown into the Lake of Fire, then is the New Creation and what does it tell us further in the chapter concerning the New Creation? Who is in the New Creation?

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Look at that only they which are written in the Lambs book of life are in the New Creation, the New City, the New Heaven and Earth ONLY they are allowed to enter in, so where do we see anyone get out of the Lake of Fire here Todd?

Who are outside the City and where are they outside the City?

Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There is NO ENTRANCE into the New City, Heaven or Hell, for those who are UNBELIEVING, they are where? Outside in the Lake of Fire, Jesus tells us all about it Todd:

Matt 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Matt 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus says clearly that unbelievers are CAST OUT into a furnace of fire, in outer darkness where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth, and this place is still around after the New Creation. So Todd where do we see them get out? When do they get out?

Revelations IS the end of time, the New Creation IS completely and utterly Eternal in the real meaning of the word, FOREVER, therefore those NOT in the Lambs Book of Life, the ones cast into the Lake of Fire STILL reside there FOREVER because NEVER are they found in the Book of the Lamb!!! Its rather simple and obvious but I ask please show me the exact verses that show people getting out of the Lake of Fire and eating from the Tree of Life...

what is Paul refering to that will testified in due time? That Jesus was the ransom for all, not just those who believe now!
He gave Himself a Ransom for all, which will be made for ALL TO UNDERSTAND clearly in that time, aka the Judgement. There will be no denying that Christ gave His life as a Ransom, but still the unbelieving, which still exist after the New Heaven and Earth are in the Lake of Fire. That is the absolute furthest reach of the verse, the other common interpretation is:

To be testified in due time - Margin, "a testimony." The Greek is, "the testimony in its own times," or in proper times - τὸ μαρτύριον καιροῖς ἰδίοις to marturion kairois idiois. There have been very different explanations of this phrase. The common interpretation, and that which seems to me to be correct, is, that "the testimony of this will be furnished in the proper time; that is, in the proper time it shall be made known through all the world;" see Rosenmuller. Paul affirms it as a great and important truth that Christ gave himself a ransom for all mankind - for Jews and Gentiles; for all classes and conditions of people alike. This truth had not always been understood. The Jews had supposed that salvation was designed exclusively for their nation, and denied that it could be extended to others, unless they became Jews. According to them, salvation was not provided for, or offered to pagans as such, but only on condition that they became Jews. In opposition to this, Paul says that it was a doctrine of revelation that redemption was to be provided for all people, and that it was intended that the testimony to this should be afforded at the proper time. It was not fully made known under the ancient dispensation, but now the period had come when it should be communicated to all
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/1_timothy/2-6.htm

Either way you look at it, this has zero connection to anyone getting out of the Lake of Fire period...

1 Timothy 4:9-11 Again I suppose "all" doesn't really mean "all" here? notices it says "especially of those who believe" and not "only for those who believe"
Again Todd, He is the Savior of ALL Men, is there ever any man that can come to Salvation besides Him? No of course not, but as we can clearly see in the New Heaven and Earth, that ONLY those written in the Lambs Book of Life which are ONLY the believing are in the City whereas the UNBELIEVING are cast into outer darkness in the furnace where there is gnashing of teeth.

Who is the Saviour of all men - This must be understood as denoting that he is the Saviour of all people in some sense which differs from what is immediately affirmed - "especially of those that believe." There is something pertaining to "them" in regard to salvation which does not pertain to "all men." It cannot mean that he brings all people to heaven, "especially" those who believe - for this would be nonsense. And if he brings all people actually to heaven, how can it be "especially" true that he does this in regard to those who believe? Does it mean that he saves others "without" believing? But this would be contrary to the uniform doctrine of the Scriptures; see Mark 16:16. When, therefore, it is said that he "is the Saviour of 'all' people, 'especially' of those who believe," it must mean that there is a sense in which it is true that he may be called the Saviour of all people, while, at the same time, it is "actually" true that those only are saved who believe. This may be true in two respects:

(1) As he is the "Preserver" of people Job 7:20, for in this sense he may be said to "save" them from famine, and war, and peril - keeping them from day to day; compare Psalm 107:28;

(2) as he has "provided" salvation for all people. He is thus their Saviour - and may be called the common Saviour of all; that is, he has confined the offer of salvation to no one class of people; he has not limited the atonement to one division of the human race; and he actually saves all who are willing to be saved by him.
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/1_timothy/4-10.htm

John seems to say the same thing. The atoning sacrifice does not seem to be limited to just Christians.
No Todd its the exact same concept as above which is what it is thru out all the verses that you have that are similar, yes Jesus Sacrifice is for ALL, as ALL have the ability to be saved by Him, but unless they BELIEVE in this Life NOW, then they will NOT be written into the Book of Life and they will be cast out into the Lake of Fire FOREVER.

Jesus asks God to forgive those who crucified him, without them repenting or believing?
Stop ripping things out of Context, why is only one thief told he will be in Paradise?

Did Jesus fail in what the Father sent him to do? Or is John mistaken and Jesus is the savior of only those that believe?
Same as the 2 other verses, Jesus brings Salvation to all, but clearly when reading the Word of God only the BELIEVING have the Blood applied and thus are written in the Book of Life:

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Again another all that must not mean all? Certainly you don't think all the descendants of Israel believed in this lifetime? If they didn't receive salvation in this lifetime then for this verse to be true God must be able to justify them in an age to come.
I dont think you understand this verse and its fulfillment in Christ either, lets look at the KJV of Is 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

And now lets understand its fulfillment in Christ:

Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

How is the Seed of Israel justified according to the Word of God? By faith in Christ, period. Same as above, it is very interesting to me that all the verses you use to prop up your false doctrine in my view continually support everything I have been claiming as being the only way one is Saved, which is by Faith not Works in the finished Work of Christ in this lifetime, weird...

How does this scripture line up with Eternal Torment?
It is strange to me that you continually cherry pick verses so completely out of context that you must essentially quote mine to find verses that mention anything about repentance of anger and try unsucessfully to link this to Eternity, while in the same breath literally reinterpreting the Word Eternal to dissuade from the fact that there is Punishment that lasts Eternally in the NEXT life as opposed to the Earthly life we have now. Why do you insist on this Todd? Eternal doesnt mean Eternal when its speaking of Eternal Punishment in the clearly spoken next life but yet somehow verses declaring Gods wrath towards the Nation of Israel on Earth equates to the next lifetime. Mental gymnastics indeed my friend...

But let us say this is proclaiming something of the future state of Eternity, what does the very next verse say Todd?

Jer 3:13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord.
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

At what point would Gods anger be turned away? When they acknowledge their Sin and TURN from it, aka when they Repent, until then what happens to them? Jeremiah isnt a very good book to quote if you are looking to prop up the false doctrine of UR:

Jer 6:11 Therefore I am full of the fury of the Lord; I am weary with holding in: I will pour it out upon the children abroad, and upon the assembly of young men together: for even the husband with the wife shall be taken, the aged with him that is full of days.
12 And their houses shall be turned unto others, with their fields and wives together: for I will stretch out my hand upon the inhabitants of the land, saith the Lord.

19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

21 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

28 They are all grievous revolters, walking with slanders: they are brass and iron; they are all corrupters.
29 The bellows are burned, the lead is consumed of the fire; the founder melteth in vain: for the wicked are not plucked away.
30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the Lord hath rejected them.

That is the end of the Prophecy that started in Chapter 3, not a very good Book to Cherry Pick from my friend, if you simply read the Book without preconceived ideologies its quite obvious over and over God says IF you follow me and believe I will turn back but since you REJECT me I will continually bring my furry upon you... Shall I quote more from Jeremiah? The next Prophecy says what?

Jer 7:14 Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.
16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

20 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

I am going to stop right there, interesting God says that because they rejected Him, He is going to pour out His fury upon them and it shall burn and what? Not be quenched. So I suppose it is up to you at this point, does this apply to the Afterlife, or the actual Nation of Israel at that time? Either way Jeremiah is not the Book to turn to in hopes of propping up UR, I would think one who studies the Bible ought to know that this entire Book is about the Judgement of God, its also why he wrote Lamentations...

And interestingly enough you choose that Book to quote next lol, so let us Contextualize your Cherry Picking again:

Lam 3:40 Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord.
41 Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens.
42 We have transgressed and have rebelled: thou hast not pardoned.
43 Thou hast covered with anger, and persecuted us: thou hast slain, thou hast not pitied.
44 Thou hast covered thyself with a cloud, that our prayer should not pass through.
45 Thou hast made us as the offscouring and refuse in the midst of the people.
46 All our enemies have opened their mouths against us.
47 Fear and a snare is come upon us, desolation and destruction.
48 Mine eye runneth down with rivers of water for the destruction of the daughter of my people.
49 Mine eye trickleth down, and ceaseth not, without any intermission.

In this Chapter what is Jeremiah actually saying? God will not cast off forever IF they REPENT and turn back to Him. Jeremiah actually says that this Judgement and Anger is RIGHTEOUS for God to pour out upon Israel and what does he close the Chapter saying Todd?

66 Persecute and destroy them in anger from under the heavens of the Lord.

He actually calls on God to persecute and destroy those who are rejecting his plea of them to Repent, doesnt sound much like Jeremiah believes in UR...

Romans 5:18-19
More Cherry Picking and taking things out of Context:

Rom 5:1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Paul lays out the method by which one is found justified, found in grace, found in righteousness and the very first thing in the Chapter he tells us how, by FAITH. Jesus laid the foundation and groundwork for ALL to be justified, but they must have FAITH to have it accounted to them, Paul literally goes to a great extent laying this out in the previous Chapter. Context Todd, Paul is laying out an Entire Thesis of Doctrine and you are doing a disservice to it, to just rip one or two verses out of it and try and prop up your false doctrine. The entire 4th Chapter is literally all about how it is by FAITH and FAITH Alone that ANYONE is Justified, goodness my man...

Rom 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

I mean I could just copy the entire Chapter, but I think you know that you have taken that verse out of Context and now anyone who reads this will understand that what Paul writes in 5:18 has a contingency placed on it that he spent literally the entire Book up till then to lay out, which is that ALL of it is dependent upon Faith and Faith Alone...

Oh look, the pupose of judgment is for the world to learn righteousness!
Amen! I agree fully that the Judgement of God is in hopes that people will learn righteousness, however do they always? No sir in fact I would say 90% of people end up rejecting God and hardening their hearts when Judgement comes upon them and somehow you think that these men today who harden their hearts and take the Judgement upon God as an excuse to reject Him more and more, will somehow NOT do that when the Judgement of Eternity comes? Please, they will do exactly what they did on Earth, burn with more and more and more and more and more hatred and anger towards God for the Righteous Judgement they deserve. It is why there is absolutely no possible way for anyone to escape Hell. They hate God, Todd and they always will, if they had a desire to Repent and come to Him they WOULD NOW, and they would do it in Faith. It is by FAITH ALONE that the Blood is Applied, if that is the case which the Bible very very very clearly lays out then once they SEE Jesus then no longer is there any FAITH for them to have and thus receive the Blood. And I dont believe they even would want it, because as we see now, they have the Judgement of God upon them for their whole lives and they instead of Repenting and crying out in Faith for Salvation, they harden their hearts and hate Him even more....

Another scripture where the day of judgement is for purification. God doesn't chasten or punishment without an end result in mind.
And if we just read on in the next chapter we have the explicit difference between how Judgement brings those who Fear the Lord into submission and repentance and those that hate the Lord brings to them destruction.

Mal 4:4 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

When the day comes that burns as an oven all those against the Lord are consumed, and those who fear Him arise with healing, because the Judgement of God upon the believing causes Righteousness and upon the Wicked a more hardened heart and eventually destruction. I mean Solomon wrote about this continually:

Pro 9:7 He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.
8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Pro 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.

Pro 15:32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

The Pharisees did not believe. Even though Jesus is saying tax collectors and harlots will enter the kingdom of God before them, he is assuming that eventually even the Pharisees will enter the kingdom of God.
Lol what? You have got to be kidding me, that is how you see that verse? No sir that is not at all what Jesus is saying, He is literally saying the complete opposite. Why dont we read the next parable to put into Context what Jesus was telling the Pharisees, and exactly what fate the Pharisees pronounced upon themselves:

Matt 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

Yeah buddy, the Pharisees pronounced their own Judgement upon themselves, to be destroyed for killing the Son of the Vineyard Householder, and Jesus agrees with them, telling them they will be ground to powder, aka destroyed. It is what He was saying in the other parable as well, Jesus was NOT in anyway saying eventually the Pharisees were going to go into the Kingdom, I mean Jesus literally says they wont over and over but lets ignore all those times and focus on this one verse where you put words in Jesus mouth...

Matt 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

But yeah sure Todd Jesus was totally teaching the Pharisees would enter into the kingdomo_O

Another where God says ALL but doesn't really mean ALL?
I have already addressed this, but you dont care to understand all of these verses in context, and will continue to preach and teach this false doctrine and sadly when Sinners hear it they WILL believe they can put off Salvation and then they will be found in Hell. I do hope you know that once we take our positions as teachers we become accountable for those who hear our preaching right?

You are preaching right now that Sinners do not need to Repent ever and still will go to Heaven, I tell you and you know if you are truly Born Again that you came to Christ because you wanted to Escape Hell, you wanted to Repent and run to Him for Salvation from the place that your Guilt and your Sin would land you in. Absolutely no one comes to Christ and are Truly Born Again unless they understand the Evilness of their Sins and the Judgement that awaits them and the NEED to have a Savior and FAITH TODAY Todd. Your preaching of UR is going to damn an untold number of men to Hell, because there is ZERO need to come to Christ in your false ideology. I do hope the Lord begins to convict you of what you are teaching others to believe...

Regardless of my continual plea for you to Repent, I would love if you could address what I have asked of you, which is for you to discet Revelations and show me exactly when people get out of the Lake of Fire and how anyone can enter into the New Creation that isnt written in the Book of Life, I would truly like to understand how you justify these verses and would love to see the verses you have to reject them.

Thanks, God Bless!!!

Todd

Star
@Daciple

I have no need to go tit for tat through your entire post. I will lay out evidence for what I believe rather than try to destroy and tear down your arguments. If there is truth in what I am saying then those who are hungry for truth will recognize it.

I will continue to stand by the notion that salvation is a process and not a one-time event of belief. Belief is so much more than mental agreement to an idea. Believing means to be so persuaded and convinced of something that you act on it. That is why faith without works is dead.

If works are not relevant to salvation please explain Matthew 25:30-46 to me. It seems pretty straight forward to me. Those who claimed to be follow Christ but ignored the needs of those around them were told to depart and those that performed works and met the needs of those around them were rewarded. Maybe I'm not skilled enough in mental gymnastics to understand the true meaning of what Jesus was saying here?

When we first receive Christ our spirits are born again. But this only occurs when we identify with Jesus on the cross and die to our old sin nature. That is what the sacrament of Baptism is about…publicly acknowledging that we are identifying with the process of dying to the old nature. The process of salvation is a continual process of dying to our own rights, needs, wants and desires. When we die to our flesh, we can walk in the spirit and yield fruit, including the works that you claim are not necessary for salvation. (John 12:24) Anything that is born out of our flesh is sin. We overcome our sin by dying to ourselves and walking in the spirit. We can only do this by being born again, and of course we can only be born again if we die to self (which itself is a work of righteousness).

Romans 6:5-6

For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin

Genuine believers in Christ go through this process of dying in this lifetime. Because of this, the true believer is not required to experience the second death after the resurrection. Jesus did not come to save us from punishment or the anger of God. Jesus came to save us from the power of sin that we are bound under in this age. If you are not in the process of overcoming sin in your life you are not really on the path of salvation. Overcoming sin takes more than just “believing”.

Revelation20:14-15
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

But I am getting ahead of myself. As you asked, I will show you in scripture where people and nations are seen coming out of the Lake of Fire. To do this we have to define the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 21:8

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

The Lake of Fire is the second death. It is the same death believers experience in this lifetime, when they die to self and allow the spirit to reign over the flesh. That is why believers are not subject to the second death in the age to come. We have already gone through the process in this lifetime.

2 Peter 3:10-13

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heaven (earth’s atmosphere) will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heaven (earth’s atmosphere) will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for a new heaven (earth’s atmosphere) and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Malachi 3:2-3 2 But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire, And like launderers’ soap. 3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, And purge them as gold and silver, That they may offer to the LORD An offering in righteousness.

Mark 9:49

For everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt

1 Corinthians 3:11-15

11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work, which he has built on, it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

How can you explain 1 Corinthinas 3:11-15 in the light of your doctrine of Eternal Torment? How can anyone experience the loss of their works being burned up in the day of the Lord and still be saved through fire, if eternal torment is true? The Lake of Fire that you claim is eternal is the same fire that unbelievers will be saved through.

So here we have just a few scriptures about fire in the day of the Lord. I.e. the age of judgement. Notice that the fire of God always points to and brings about righteousness. It is the refiner’s fire! The Lake of Fire is the process by which all mankind will be purified and made in the righteousness of Christ. The Church, The bride of Christ, Zion, the new City of Jerusalem are all descriptions of true believers who went through the fires of purification in this lifetime (dying to self). We will not need to experience the second death in the age of judgement because we went through the process here in this lifetime.

Evidence for Salvation after the judgement.

Psalm 87:1-7

1 He has set his foundation on the holy mountain; 2 the LORD loves the gates of Zion (New Jerusalem, the Holy City) more than all the dwellings of Jacob. 3 Glorious things are said of you, O city of God: Selah 4 “I will record Rahab and Babylon among those who acknowledge me – Philistia too, and Tyre, along with Cush – and will say, ‘This one was born in Zion.’” 5 Indeed, of Zion it will be said, “This one and that one were born in her, and the Most High himself will establish her.” 6 The LORD will write in the register of the peoples: “This one was born in Zion.” Selah. 7 As they make music they will sing, “All my fountains (living waters of life) are in you.”

Here is prophetic picture of the people of Rahab, Babylon, Philistia, Tyre and Cush all coming to Zion (i.e. the Church, the bride, the city of God in Revelation) and being “born in Zion”. These nations are all heathen nations that did not know or acknowledge God here on earth. These nations will surely be part of the dead that are resurrected on the day of judgement and thrown into the Lake of Fire. Yet the psalmist says they will acknowledge God and they will born (again) in Zion. The Psalmist is describing God writing their names in the register (the book of life) and they receive the living waters of life. These nations never repented and turned to God in the ages that have past. Obviously this verse is talking about these nations being born again in an age yet to come.

Revelation 22:1-2

1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city (the Holy City, New Jerusalem). On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Here is the description of the City of God, Zion, the Church, the bride. There is a river of water of life flowing from it and the tree of life bearing fruit. What is the fruit? The leaves are for the healing of the nations. What nations will need healing from the city of God? The nations coming out of the age of judgment! The healing can’t be for those who are saved in this lifetime, for we will be the city of God, the ones administering the healing.

Revelation 21:24-26

24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its (the Holy City’s) light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.

Again this can’t be talking about those who are saved in this lifetime. We will already be the City of God. How can we enter something we already are? Clearly this is talking about people and nations entering the City of God after the day of judgement. It cannot be talking about those of us who were born again and saved in this lifetime.

This is clearly another picture of the nations being saved out of the Lake of Fire and coming to the Holy City. Verse 25 clearly states the gates (offer of salvation) will never be shut! People from all nations will continually come out of the Lake of Fire and enter the gates of Zion to receive healing, all through the age of judgement. And what a glorious privilege it will be for us (true believers) to be part of the process of welcoming them and ministering healing to them.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

Revelation 22:17

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life

If no one is coming out of the Lake of Fire, who are we (the bride) saying “Come” to? Who are we inviting to take the gift of the water of life?

Psalm 86:9

All nations whom You have made Shall come and worship before You, O Lord, And shall glorify Your name.

If you choose not to see this, I have no other answer for you. It is very sad to me when Christians who are finally faced with the possibility that God really is more loving and merciful then the Church has portrayed him to be, choose to reject it, or at least take the time to take a closer second look and re-evaluate what they believe.

Instead they cling to the notion that God is angry with us and we need Jesus to save us from God the Father. Jesus did not come to save us from the Father. He came to save us from the power of sin. Jesus told Philip, “if you have seen me, you have seen the Father.” The Church has created this false paradigm that we need the mercy and love of Jesus to save us from the Holiness and anger of God the Father. Unfortunately most Christians can only relate and commune with Jesus, because they still see God the Father as angry and vengeful, rather than loving and merciful and ready to forgive.

Psalm 103:8-9
The Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. 9 He will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever.

Psalm 136:1
Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever

@Daciple, you need a new image of God the Father. His love in unconditional and knows no bounds. Even death cannot separate anyone from the Love of God! He is the same yesterday, today and forever! God's number one priority is the restoration of all things and he is more than capable and willing to make it happen.

My image of God was severel lacking for 20+_years of my Christian walk. My faith and my love towards God the Father is greater than ever now that I realize that he will save all of creation. Praise God that he sent his son, Jesus Christ, so that all the world will be saved and reconciled to God!

Daciple

Star
@Todd , you clearly didnt read my post, and that is fine, I have an extremely busy week ahead of me so I dont know when I will be able to address your new post. What I can say is that your understanding of Scripture seems extremely lacking. Basic concepts in Scripture seem to elude you, such as your reinvented interpretation of 1 Cor 3:11-15. It is as tho you havent gotten to the point of grasping that Paul was speaking of the Judgements of Christians, of believers in that passage which is known as the Judgement of the Bema Seat.

I would say I do not understand why you continually destroy the clear Context of surrounding passages when you keep quoting these Scripture, but I know why, because every single time we put your quotes in Context they reject your ideology. Paul is speaking to whom in that passage Todd? Is it believers or unbelievers?

1 Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The Spirit of God does not dwell in unbelievers Todd, therefore we know without a doubt that Paul is speaking to BELIEVERS in this passage, and this is very very basic understanding of Scripture, but your ideology has caused you to completely ignore simple basic understandings of the Word of God. Those who believe will have their works judged and whatever works were built on Christ will stand those that dont will be burnt up, but the BELIEVERS will themselves not be burnt up. There is a reason why he makes this know Todd, and that is because the UNBELIEVERS will be destoryed themselves, common knowledge to those in the Church at that time. Paul was letting them know that they need not worry of being destroyed like the unbelievers because they believed in Christ.

Again seriously you have zero concept of basic doctrine, I truly hope no one desires to learn from you about the Word of God because you over and over and over again ignore Context to prop up all of your false doctrines, why? Because that is the only way to keep them propped up, by misquoting and ignoring clear Scriptures that refute your ideologies and quoting Scriptures completely independent of the Context. Just like you did and I showed in the previous post and if I had the time would show now, just like you have done with 1 Cor 3, acting as tho Paul is speaking to UNBELIEVERS when he is actually speaking to BELIEVERS. I suggest maybe getting yourself a Bible that has commentaries in it so you can understand basic doctrines in context with the surrounding Scriptures because its seems as tho you have a very difficult time grasping the Word of God:

If any man's work shall be burned - If it shall not be found to hear the test of the investigation of that Day - as a cottage of wood, hay, and stubble would not bear the application of fire. If his doctrines have not been true; if he has had mistaken views of piety; if he has nourished feelings which he thought were those of religion; and inculcated practices which, however well meant, are not such as the gospel produces; if he has fallen into error of opinion, feeling, practice, however conscientious, yet he shall suffer loss.

He shall suffer loss - :

(1) He shall not be elevated to as high a rank and to as high happiness as he otherwise would. That which he supposed would be regarded as acceptable by the Judge, and rewarded accordingly, shall be stripped away, and shown to be unfounded and false; and in consequence, he shall not obtain those elevated rewards which he anticipated. This, compared with what he expected, may be regarded as a loss.

(2) he shall be injuriously affected by this forever. It shall be a detriment to him to all eternity. The effects shall be felt in all his residence in heaven - not producing misery but attending him with the consciousness that he might have been raised to superior bliss in the eternal abode - The phrase here literally means, "he shall be mulcted." The word is a legal term, and means that he shall be fined, that is, he shall suffer detriment.

But he himself shall be saved - The apostle all along has supposed that the true foundation was laid 1 Corinthians 3:11, and if that is laid, and the edifice is reared upon that, the person who does it shall be safe. There may be much error, and many false views of religion, and much imperfection, still the man that is building on the true foundation shall be safe. His errors and imperfections shall be removed, and he may occupy a lower place in heaven, but he shall be safe.

Yet so as by fire - ὡς διὰ πυρός hōs dia puros. This passage has greatly perplexed commentators; but probably without any good reason. The apostle does not say that Christians will be doomed to the fires of purgatory; nor that they will pass through fire; nor that they will be exposed to pains and punishment at all; but he "simply carries out the figure" which he commenced, and says that they will be saved, as if the action of fire had been felt on the edifice on which he is speaking. That is, as fire would consume the wood, hay, and stubble, so on the great Day everything that is erroneous and imperfect in Christiana shall be removed, and that which is true and genuine shall be preserved as if it had passed through fire. Their whole character and opinions shall be investigated; and that which is good shall be approved; and that which is false and erroneous be removed.

The idea is not that of a man whose house is burnt over his head and who escapes through the flames, nor that of a man who is subjected to the pains and fires of purgatory; but that of a man who had been spending his time and strength to little purpose; who had built, indeed, on the true foundation, but who had reared so much on it which was unsound, and erroneous, and false, that he himself would be saved with great difficulty, and with the loss of much of that reward which he had expected, as if the fire had passed over him and his works. The simple idea, therefore, is, that that which is genuine and valuable in his doctrines and works, shall be rewarded, and the man shall be saved; that which is not sound and genuine, shall be removed, and he shall suffer loss. Some of the fathers, indeed, admitted that this passage taught that all people would be subjected to the action of fire in the great conflagration with which the world shall close; that the wicked shall be consumed; and that the righteous are to suffer, some more and some less, according to their character.

I've already laid out that Paul was speaking to believers, simply by quoting one extra verse you left out and if we go another verse past where you stopped we read what Todd?

1 Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

How on Earth do you possible contend with this verse in the idea of UR, especially when it literally follows your own proof text only 2 verses later? Context Context Context Todd, you need to read the surrounding verses before quoting them anymore so you dont look so foolish my friend. 2 verses later your ideology is DESTROYED, like what God does to those who defile their temple...

And to make it clear, this is what Paul is alluding to in the previous Scripture:

2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

And again we all refer to Christians in case your are not able to discern this either and end up trying to take this out of Context to be about all people. That is where BELIEVERS works are judged either to loss or reward as mentioned in 1 Cor 3, I would have though someone who has studied the Word of God as long as you say you have would understand these things, but apparently not..

Anyhow I have no more time to address the rest of your post and as the previous one before it put it all back in Context and show that nothing you are saying is actually being taught in the Scriptures. No one gets out of the Lake of Fire, we clearly see that here, which you never ever will be able to address:

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Not everyone is written in the Book of Life, and all of them are left FOREVER outside of the New Creation, the New City, in the outer darkness where the worm never dies and there is gnashing of teeth.

JoChris

Superstar
People who disbelieve in the Bible or Paul need to stop quoting it to support their argument...that is pathetic.
Jesus spoke so clearly about Hell and so did the apostles. People who contradict the bible are demonstrating unbelief in what Jesus said.
Deliberate ignoring of clear scripture is as bad as creating new religious texts/ bible mistranslations to explain away passages that the unsaved person loathes.

Vixy

Star
I can't help but see this pattern.

Jesus is all good, he is love and mercy etc in comparison to this God or the father is made to look like an antagonized figure.

Jesus cares, he is love there for everyone and he will protect everyone and take you to heaven etc

God is all anger, he doesn't care about individuals but only Jesus, he doesn't even care or differentiate sins from each other. All sins are equal and thus God is all anger, and send people to hell etc.

Even if Christians say God loves them while talking about the Father, The only "love" God has shown people, is sending Jesus.

he on his own doesn't even come close to being merciful.

Why make God look like such a cruel villian?
Well, it's true that god has a temper and can be both very angry and he is strict. I suspect he feels feelings on a level we cannot imagine, that's why he loves us so much despite our wrongdoings. He can love on a scale we can't and he can be angry at a scale we can't, that's my fifty cents on it. He created us to his image, to be LIKE him but we can never BE him or feel as deeply and big as he does.

Many times I have thought about how he must regret having made us though. It is said that someone asked him if he didnät regret having made us? And that he answered "Yes but it is done and I must deal with my creation." One can understand him. Man is emotionally retarded. Well, exept for us conspiracy aware people, that is. :D

bbsion

Established
Just because I wanted to put my two cents in. :)

I am a Christian and I believe that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are separate beings. Jesus is the Son sent to do the Fathers will. Sometimes it's frustrating when other Christians think they are speaking for all Christians when they said that God and Jesus are one in the same.

To the OP, I believe that your interpretation of God is incorrect. The Bible has gone through a lot of translations and is true so far as it is translated correctly. Any time it mentions "the wrath" or "anger" of God, etc., it refers to swift punishment brought on by the offender. Meaning, if you experience punishment it is your fault for breaking laws. This is not to be mistaken with trials though. Trials make us stronger. If you complain that "how can God allow this" then just remember that everyone has free agency on earth. People are allowed this agency to think and choose how they want. But if they abuse their agency to hurt others they will receive punishment in this life or the next. Do not blame God and say He is a cruel villain because of your misinterpretation of scripture.

And to other thoughts following some of this thread. We existed before this earth was created and will will exist after we die. Some people die without knowledge of Jesus or the Gospel. They will have the opportunity to be taught and accept the Gospel after they die (this does not mean they will not receive punishment for wrong doings). Thankfully due to the nature and laws of the universe and existence, there is more than just Heaven and Hell after we die. That logic leaves no room for justice and mercy from an eternal perspective. Only true evil will taste of "hell" and that is even left up to God to judge. The Gospel is deeper than "people who believe in Jesus go to Heaven, and every other person goes to hell." Grace will save us from eternal damnation. This is what Jesus gave us. He is the Mediator and without Him we have no Salvation. But our faith plus our works is what determines the level of reward we receive in the next life. The greater the faith and works in accordance with the individuals capacity and opportunity... the greater the reward. Side note: babies and little children that die, being pure and innocent, will receive the highest rewards. Ergo, people who kill or defile babies and little children will receive a punishment unlike anything you can imagine.

There is so much more, but for now I've spoken my mind. :)

floss

Star
But if they abuse their agency to hurt others they will receive punishment in this life or the next.

We existed before this earth was created and will will exist after we die.

They will have the opportunity to be taught and accept the Gospel after they die.

Side note: babies and little children that die, being pure and innocent, will receive the highest rewards.
Can you provide verses for these. Thank you

1. But if they abuse their agency to hurt others they will receive punishment in this life or the next.
- You believe in Reincarnation?

2. We existed before this earth was created and will will exist after we die.

3. They will have the opportunity to be taught and accept the Gospel after they die.

4. Side note: babies and little children that die, being pure and innocent, will receive the highest rewards.

bbsion

Established
Can you provide verses for these. Thank you

1. But if they abuse their agency to hurt others they will receive punishment in this life or the next.
- You believe in Reincarnation?

2. We existed before this earth was created and will will exist after we die.

3. They will have the opportunity to be taught and accept the Gospel after they die.

4. Side note: babies and little children that die, being pure and innocent, will receive the highest rewards.
I could, yes. Will I? :) I do not want you to take this the wrong way or anything. But, I've engaged in a battle of verses with many people in the past and it seems to do no good. This is because I can read a scripture passage and tell you what it means to me. But you may see it differently. Also, there are many scripture passages that seemingly contradict each other. So if I provide verses, then you might (or someone else definitely will) provide verses that they believe prove me wrong. Just take a look at the thread thus far. Then you have to take into account what some people consider to be canonized scriptures from God, others don't.

Most of the time I like to just post what I believe (based on my research, faith, and testimony), hoping it will at least make people think or ask questions in their own minds, and prompt them to research it. Since this is what I do when reading other people's comments.

Oh, and no, I do not believe in reincarnation in the sense that we can come back to this earth as a different person, animal, object... etc. I do believe that there will be a resurrection into our bodies after Christ comes again and then we will be judged. While we await judgment there are areas in the spirit world we go to. Evil and cruel people go to a "spiritual prison" of sorts and generally good people go to a "spiritual paradise". Neither of these are actual Heaven or Hell, though they may seem it to the individual who resides there.

X-Maverick

Established
But he came back to life like 3 days later. That isn't dying now is it? Sacrifice is when he would cease to exist. If i am a starfish, if i cut my hand for you, that isn't really a huge deal since it would grow back in a few days. Or more like cutting my hair.

But he made a mistake. Why not give him a chance to apologize or something?
I should mention a few things. First, God the Father and Jesus are NOT the same. Jesus is just as divine as God, but they are two different beings. One is the Father, and one is the Son.

Also, when Jesus died, He did experience cessation of life for those three days. He didn't think, feel, or anything. He was literally dead. Many Christians believe He went to Hell, but that didn't happen for a big reason, which needs it's own topic. He was dead and the Father rose Him up. Death is something He's not experienced before, and something He won't experience again.

manama

Star
I should mention a few things. First, God the Father and Jesus are NOT the same. Jesus is just as divine as God, but they are two different beings. One is the Father, and one is the Son.

Also, when Jesus died, He did experience cessation of life for those three days. He didn't think, feel, or anything. He was literally dead. Many Christians believe He went to Hell, but that didn't happen for a big reason, which needs it's own topic. He was dead and the Father rose Him up. Death is something He's not experienced before, and something He won't experience again.
If they are different beings then that would mean there are two Gods.

X-Maverick

Established
If they are different beings then that would mean there are two Gods.
Doesn't mean that at all. It's a Godhead, as described in scripture. It has never made sense, logically or biblically, to put God as both the Father and the Son. To have Jesus being baptised by John the Baptist while God speaks from Heaven about Jesus, His Son; for the Bible to say God is not a man is directly stating that God is not Jesus. Jesus is a man, correct? Scripture says God isn't. God has not at any point seen death, but Jesus has. As a matter of fact, it is directly stated that God cannot die. So, how could He die for sins?

Explain to me how the sacrifice on the cross works if Jesus was also the Father. That would mean Jesus possessed a consciousness while dead, which means the sacrifice wasn't effective. In order for it to work, Jesus experienced REAL death. The same death we would experience, one with no consciousness in any way. God raised Him up. He did not raise Himself up. It states this plainly in scripture.

Sorry, I am bursting that false bubble right now. Thankfully, many other Christians are seeing this and have stopped preaching this nonsense that has never been supported by scripture. God is clearly distinguished from Jesus. Anyone that rightly studied scripture sees this clearly.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
Doesn't mean that at all. It's a Godhead, as described in scripture. It has never made sense, logically or biblically, to put God as both the Father and the Son. To have Jesus being baptised by John the Baptist while God speaks from Heaven about Jesus, His Son; for the Bible to say God is not a man is directly stating that God is not Jesus. Jesus is a man, correct? Scripture says God isn't. God has not at any point seen death, but Jesus has. As a matter of fact, it is directly stated that God cannot die. So, how could He die for sins?

Explain to me how the sacrifice on the cross works if Jesus was also the Father. That would mean Jesus possessed a consciousness while dead, which means the sacrifice wasn't effective. In order for it to work, Jesus experienced REAL death. The same death we would experience, one with no consciousness in any way. God raised Him up. He did not raise Himself up. It states this plainly in scripture.

Sorry, I am bursting that false bubble right now. Thankfully, many other Christians are seeing this and have stopped preaching this nonsense that has never been supported by scripture. God is clearly distinguished from Jesus. Anyone that rightly studied scripture sees this clearly.
So you don't believe in the trinity?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

1 Peter 3

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Let me ask, If Jesus was 'dead like a man' how did he pull of this preaching to the spirits in prison?