Was Paul A False Apostle And Were His Writings Correct?

Well I thought I was encouraging you to use Marcion/gnostic gospels instead of just picking the verses out of the bible that fit your viewpoint while ignoring or rearranging the interpretation of the rest. The gnostic Jesus explicitly says the God of Israel is who you say it is while the biblical "Jesus" does not. Yet you'll try to quote biblical Jesus to make that point which you cant without ignoring alot of what he said. Thats my only point in that regard
Speaking of ignoring what the scriptures say, I gave you these canonical verses on the previous page:

Matthew:

7:9. Or what man is there among you, of whom if his son shall ask bread, will he reach him a stone?

7:10. Or if he shall ask him a fish, will he reach him a serpent?

7:11. If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more will your Father who is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him?

7:12. All things therefore whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you also to them. For this is the law and the prophets.

These verses explicitly say the god who led Moses and the Hebrews through the desert is not His Father.

What you ask me to show you is nowhere to be found in gnostic scripture. The scriptures don't mention YHVH, it mentions the serpent or Sabaoth or the ruler of powers. I also don't see the point in providing scripture that is in most cases automatically rejected as heretic.

The Torah has laws on forbidden/allowed food. It doesnt have laws on everything that is healthy/unhealthy. So there may be unhealthy foods, say like certain breads, that are unhealthy but not forbidden. So you trying to turn what I said against me, doesnt really fit because YOU say nothing that enters the mouth defiles a person, while science disagrees. MAcDo's does defile the body just as soda, cigs, drugs etc... My point in saying this? Its obvious when taking into account the defiling that these things do to the body that stuff that enters the mouth DOES defile the body. Which exemplifies my point that Jesus wasnt saying that literally NOTHING can enter the body and defile a person. Especially when the context as him saying this in regards to eating with unwashed hands. You pointing to other verses that you feel support your position would be no different than me pointing to verses such as "I did not come to abolish the law/prophets but fulfill" or "heaven and earth will pass before the law does" but thats where we have to rearrange what that means to Israelites so that he cannot be talking about Israelites and their God. So it would be fruitless just as it was when you asked for a law that Jesus followed then rearranged the holy days to not being laws though they ONLY apply to the Hebrew people

At the end of the day, if your position is that all foods are clean, and that he LITERALLY meant NOTHING that enters the body, then there shouldnt be any foods that defile the body and there shouldnt be ANYTHING that enters the mouth yet defiles the body.. Yet of course, in reality the opposite is true.
Show me where Jesus said "nothing that enters the mouth defiles the body." I certainly said no such thing.

Seems Peter is not the only one without understanding.

You say I ignored your argument when Im sure I asked how you get that explanation from Jesus' words. Because from what I've read, he NEVER insinuated to changing the commemoration of the Passover from celebrating God taking vengeance on the Egyptians to celebrating or commemorating his death. So if you cant support your explanation WITH his words, then yea Im going to assume its speculation. So giving me that reason is all good and well, but I'd think the next step when asked would be pointing out WHERE you drew your conclusion from. And of course you didnt draw from it biblically, so that kinda leads back to my point in the beginning about "sourcing"...
Luke:

22:19. And taking bread, he gave thanks and brake and gave to them, saying: This is my body, which is given for you. Do this for a commemoration of me.

Right there Jesus changed passover forever. Since that moment passover remembered the sacrifice Jesus gave to humanity which was the general interpretation in the Christian world for 2,000 years. No more commemorating baby-crushing YHVH. The Israelites have received a new passover and in so doing were freed from the old one.

So what happened in Christian scripture? Nowhere is there a reference to the original meaning of the passover celebration, except in the OT with the "offering" in Egypt. Jesus says, "do this for a commemoration of me" (no longer the previous commemoration!).

What happened in reality? Passover changed forever and celebrated by Christians worldwide to remember Jesus' sacrifice.

Keep in mind: Jesus did not come to destroy, He made things Good.

Yea I dont hide elements of where Im getting my info from like you do concerning the gnostic gospels. Which is fine I guess, but when you call posts "caricatures" it takes the crux of the conversation from being about a certain topic to discussing frivolous outside fluff. I think you only quoting the bible when it suits your argument but not when it doesnt, and not really quoting the gnostic gospels much (if at all) is more "caricature" like than me accepting the bible in general, as its written. Ultimately I think that was an unneccessary tidbit to add to your last post which is why in a roundabout way I say "pot meet kettle"....
I'm hiding things now? lol whatever. Been posting my stuff freely since 2012, but that's considered hiding now it seems.

Last edited:
Speaking of ignoring what the scriptures say, I gave you these canonical verses on the previous page:

Matthew:

7:9. Or what man is there among you, of whom if his son shall ask bread, will he reach him a stone?

7:10. Or if he shall ask him a fish, will he reach him a serpent?

7:11. If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more will your Father who is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him?

7:12. All things therefore whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you also to them. For this is the law and the prophets.

These verses explicitly say the god who led Moses and the Hebrews through the desert is not His Father.
Yet in the same book, it shows Jesus with two prophets (Elijah and Moses) of this God who is not the father of Jesus? He also, later in this book, calls himself a son of David? At the end of the book he says the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob is God of the living and not God of the dead? And theres even more where that came from. But this is exactly what I was referring to about picking one verse and ignoring others. Even if I went with the notion that those verses above are speaking about another god, we'd still have more verses to go over that connects Jesus and the God of Israel. But I guess if we can whip up an explanation that explains it away, they're not relevant..

What you ask me to show you is nowhere to be found in gnostic scripture. The scriptures don't mention YHVH, it mentions the serpent or Sabaoth or the ruler of powers. I also don't see the point in providing scripture that is in most cases automatically rejected as heretic.
Lets not get into semantics AR. You know, and I know that even if the gnostic gospels doesnt refer to YHWH by name, it definitely refers to the God Israel worshiped as a false god/demiurge. There are also gospels that say sacrifice (whether human or animal) is of demons. So yea, to see that support would mean more than you selecting specific verses to support your stance (that you'll take at face value) while ignoring those that dont (or rearranging to so that we do not take what it says at face value).

Show me where Jesus said "nothing that enters the mouth defiles the body." I certainly said no such thing.
Again with the semantics. I dont get into those type of discussions.. So again, the things I mentioned defiles people if consumed. Yet, this shouldnt happen according to your literal interpretation of what Jesus said. I should be able to take drugs, drink soda, eat all types of unhealthy food and not be defiled as long as good comes out of my mouth. Which of course, isnt scientific let alone realistic....

Seems Peter is not the only one without understanding.

Luke:

22:19. And taking bread, he gave thanks and brake and gave to them, saying: This is my body, which is given for you. Do this for a commemoration of me.

Right there Jesus changed passover forever. Since that moment passover remembered the sacrifice Jesus gave to humanity which was the general interpretation in the Christian world for 2,000 years. No more commemorating baby-crushing YHVH. The Israelites have received a new passover and in so doing were freed from the old one.

So what happened in Christian scripture? Nowhere is there a reference to the original meaning of the passover celebration, except in the OT with the "offering" in Egypt. Jesus says, "do this for a commemoration of me" (no longer the previous commemoration!).

What happened in reality? Passover changed forever and celebrated by Christians worldwide to remember Jesus' sacrifice.

Keep in mind: Jesus did not come to destroy, He made things Good.
Seems pretty selective. And I mean in regards to you assuming that that was an all time ordinance and not just them, for that night, taking bread/wine in remembrance of him. What exactly leads you to believe that thats an all time/forever commandment? Because the context in the sentence, nor of the chapter, suggests such a thing. And then in verse 16 he says he will not eat of the Passover again UNTIL (meaning he will again) it(?) is fulfilled in the kingdom of God. And then when we look at it, christians dont even eat bread and drink wine in remembrance of him on passover lol. They dont even do the things he said to do in remembrance of him as a new holy day, so Im not sure how your point is being made even if he did change things...Even in what he said, that is a very weak way to say "dont follow the original Passover" anymore. Which is exactly what the biblical Jesus is if we try to make him into the gnostic version. Weak. And thats coming from personal experience

I'm hiding things now? lol whatever. Been posting my stuff freely since 2012, but that's considered hiding now it seems.
Well if I remember correctly, you told me that you dont quote from the gnostic gospels because people wont believe what you have to say based on it coming from the gnostic gospels. Or something of that sort.

So "hiding" is probably a strong word to use. Its not that serious I dont think. But I do think that the gnostic gospels make your point alot clearer than choosing one verse to read at face value and another where we have to rearrange the meaning received to make it fit a certain conclusion. The bible doesnt make your point clear enough without having to ignore certain things, or rearrange the meaning of certain things. But if you were to quote the gnostic gospels, that would make your thought process a little more clearer to follow. Imo of course, but this is all I was saying. Didnt mean to suggest it in a manner as if you were being deceptive if thats how you took it.

Yet in the same book, it shows Jesus with two prophets (Elijah and Moses) of this God who is not the father of Jesus? He also, later in this book, calls himself a son of David? At the end of the book he says the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob is God of the living and not God of the dead? And theres even more where that came from. But this is exactly what I was referring to about picking one verse and ignoring others. Even if I went with the notion that those verses above are speaking about another god, we'd still have more verses to go over that connects Jesus and the God of Israel. But I guess if we can whip up an explanation that explains it away, they're not relevant..
Re Elias and Moses. When Elias, Moses and Jesus were seen together and the people proposed to build tabernacles for each of them, what did the Father say?

17:5. And as he was yet speaking, behold a bright cloud overshadowed them. And lo a voice out of the cloud, saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased: hear ye him.

17:6. And the disciples hearing fell upon their face, and were very much afraid.

17:7. And Jesus came and touched them: and said to them: Arise, and fear not.

17:8. And they lifting up their eyes, saw no one, but only Jesus.

The Father says Jesus is His beloved Son, not Elias or Moses. He says "Hear ye Him (Jesus)", do not hear Elias or Moses. They lifted up their eyes and saw Jesus, not Elias or Moses. Powerful symbolism here.

When the Samaritans didn't receive Jesus, John and James suggested to command fire to come down from the heavens as Elias did.

Luke:

54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

What spirit is Jesus referring to? The Holy Spirit? The Spirit of God? If so, what spirit did Elias have when calling fire down from heaven? And if it wasn't in the name of God, then who?

Re: Son of David. Nowhere does Jesus say He is the Son of David (show me where if I'm wrong). Every reference to the Son of David is either to Joseph or a proclamation made by others (because their beliefs dictate the mashiach will be a son of David), never Jesus himself. Here's what Jesus actually had to say about being the Son of David in the same gospel:

22:41. And the Pharisees being gathered together, Jesus asked them,

22:42. Saying: What think you of Christ? Whose son is he? They say to him: David’s.

22:43. He saith to them: How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying:

22:44. The Lord said to my Lord: Sit on my right hand, until I make thy enemies thy footstool?

22:45. If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

22:46. And no man was able to answer him a word: neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

If we are to take anything out of these scriptures, sincerely and in full respect of what they're saying, what is it? My explanation doesn't "explain away", it simply explains a different interpretation that is yours to dissect for inaccuracies.

Again with the semantics. I dont get into those type of discussions.. So again, the things I mentioned defiles people if consumed. Yet, this shouldnt happen according to your literal interpretation of what Jesus said. I should be able to take drugs, drink soda, eat all types of unhealthy food and not be defiled as long as good comes out of my mouth. Which of course, isnt scientific let alone realistic....
It's not a semantic debate. You add "body" to make it fit your view. Jesus didn't refer to body with Matt 15, but the human being.

Matt:

15:18. But the things which proceed out of the mouth, come forth from the heart, and those things defile a man.

15:19. For from the heart come forth evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false testimonies, blasphemies.

15:20. These are the things that defile a man.

These things that defile a man are not food, so why make "clean-unclean" categories in food?

Your real you is not the body that you've been given in this world; you will receive a new body when you raise. For this you need to feed your spirit, not your body, "gratify the desires of the spirit, not the flesh". A man who turns spiritual will avoid gluttony. Someone who stuffs himself with Big Macs from breakfast to dinner is undoubtedly spiritually ill. But to start making a distinction between beef and pork based on whether or not the animal has cloven hooves and ruminates doesn't play any relevance to whether or not a person is spiritual.

Seems pretty selective. And I mean in regards to you assuming that that was an all time ordinance and not just them, for that night, taking bread/wine in remembrance of him. What exactly leads you to believe that thats an all time/forever commandment?
How often will the Messiah come and offer His life for humanity? Let's assume we agree it's a one time event, the eternity of this commemoration would be implicit. But I have already given the most powerful argument in the fact that He changed passover forever without having condemned passover or the people celebrating it. That's a supernatural achievement I would say, to give a holiday of believers an entirely new meaning and have them celebrate it according to that new meaning in all corners of the world.

If this isn't convincing enough for you then there's no point in arguing. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Because the context in the sentence, nor of the chapter, suggests such a thing. And then in verse 16 he says he will not eat of the Passover again UNTIL (meaning he will again) it(?) is fulfilled in the kingdom of God. And then when we look at it, christians dont even eat bread and drink wine in remembrance of him on passover lol. They dont even do the things he said to do in remembrance of him as a new holy day, so Im not sure how your point is being made even if he did change things...Even in what he said, that is a very weak way to say "dont follow the original Passover" anymore. Which is exactly what the biblical Jesus is if we try to make him into the gnostic version. Weak. And thats coming from personal experience
What do you mean "personal experience"?

You call it weakness to convert the entire world without destroying the people's beliefs in the lair of Satan himself?

Well if I remember correctly, you told me that you dont quote from the gnostic gospels because people wont believe what you have to say based on it coming from the gnostic gospels. Or something of that sort.

So "hiding" is probably a strong word to use. Its not that serious I dont think. But I do think that the gnostic gospels make your point alot clearer than choosing one verse to read at face value and another where we have to rearrange the meaning received to make it fit a certain conclusion. The bible doesnt make your point clear enough without having to ignore certain things, or rearrange the meaning of certain things. But if you were to quote the gnostic gospels, that would make your thought process a little more clearer to follow. Imo of course, but this is all I was saying. Didnt mean to suggest it in a manner as if you were being deceptive if thats how you took it.
My point is to show that the gnostic gospels and the canonical gospels are not contradictory, but complementary. Of course I have to show canonical scripture to support that and I do it as often as I can. Also, if I claim that Satan is hiding behind God in a book, the best way to prove it is from that book itself, not from another adversarial or heretical book where that isn't a secret. That the Bible isn't my strongest piece of evidence is evident, since my pov says Christianity has been hijacked by Judaizers and thus the Christian scriptures have been as well. Not easy when debating people who don't believe in the Judaization of Christianity at all, or worse, think Christianity has been de-Judaized.

Re Elias and Moses. When Elias, Moses and Jesus were seen together and the people proposed to build tabernacles for each of them, what did the Father say?.

The Father says Jesus is His beloved Son, not Elias or Moses. He says "Hear ye Him (Jesus)", do not hear Elias or Moses. They lifted up their eyes and saw Jesus, not Elias or Moses. Powerful symbolism here.

What spirit is Jesus referring to? The Holy Spirit? The Spirit of God? If so, what spirit did Elias have when calling fire down from heaven? And if it wasn't in the name of God, then who?
I guess it is what it is. I dont think its a logical conclusion you're coming to at all. I mean why appear with Elijah and Moses when they came for a "false god"? Why even make an appearance? Why say that John the Baptist was the prophesied Elijah of the OT, which was prophesied right before (or after) a reminder to follow the law given to Moses? Why would Jesus, who you say came to free us from this God, come and associate hisself with this God in anyway shape or form? The problem we have, is your answer wont be support from his words. Now the gnostic gospels, Jesus CLEARLY differentiates hisself from the God of Israel. You have to ignore too much of the bible to actually use it to support gnostic doctrine (imo)

Re: Son of David. Nowhere does Jesus say He is the Son of David (show me where if I'm wrong). Every reference to the Son of David is either to Joseph or a proclamation made by others (because their beliefs dictate the mashiach will be a son of David), never Jesus himself. Here's what Jesus actually had to say about being the Son of David in the same gospel:

22:41. And the Pharisees being gathered together, Jesus asked them,

22:42. Saying: What think you of Christ? Whose son is he? They say to him: David’s.

22:43. He saith to them: How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying:

22:44. The Lord said to my Lord: Sit on my right hand, until I make thy enemies thy footstool?

22:45. If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

22:46. And no man was able to answer him a word: neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

If we are to take anything out of these scriptures, sincerely and in full respect of what they're saying, what is it? My explanation doesn't "explain away", it simply explains a different interpretation that is yours to dissect for inaccuracies.
You're absolutely right, he doesnt call himself a son of David. I think Paul does who you believe in, but Jesus does not. So that was an incorrect statement I made about that. With that said, yes, I do feel many of your explanations exist to simply "explain away" something you dont want to accept. The holy day laws and your reasoning for Jesus following them (reasoning that didnt come from his words anywhere let alone the bible) being a good example of that .

It's not a semantic debate. You add "body" to make it fit your view. Jesus didn't refer to body with Matt 15, but the human being.

These things that defile a man are not food, so why make "clean-unclean" categories in food?

Your real you is not the body that you've been given in this world; you will receive a new body when you raise. For this you need to feed your spirit, not your body, "gratify the desires of the spirit, not the flesh". A man who turns spiritual will avoid gluttony. Someone who stuffs himself with Big Macs from breakfast to dinner is undoubtedly spiritually ill. But to start making a distinction between beef and pork based on whether or not the animal has cloven hooves and ruminates doesn't play any relevance to whether or not a person is spiritual.
It is a semantic point because man IS his body AND spirit. Your spirit is not a "man". Its not a "human". Your spirit in connection with your body is a human, but not just your spirit on its own. So whether its man, spirit, or body, they are all ONE in this plane (I guess besides astral projection if you believe in that sort of thing). If someone is starving that affects their spirit. When someone is ill, that affects their spirit. It weakens it. How doesnt this show they are interdependent? Continuously taking unhealthy things into the body, would harm both the body and the spirit. And as I already explained the dietary laws werent "just because" but existed to keep people HEALTHY and keep them away from eating unhealthy animals.

How often will the Messiah come and offer His life for humanity? Let's assume we agree it's a one time event, the eternity of this commemoration would be implicit. But I have already given the most powerful argument in the fact that He changed passover forever without having condemned passover or the people celebrating it. That's a supernatural achievement I would say, to give a holiday of believers an entirely new meaning and have them celebrate it according to that new meaning in all corners of the world.

If this isn't convincing enough for you then there's no point in arguing. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
If what isnt convincing enough? I dont see anything in the context that suggests the passover stopped and from then on, they should just commemorate his death with bread and wine. And even if I did see that in the context, do christians do that every passover in remembrance of him? But the thing is nothing in the context suggests he stopped anything or started anything new. In fact, he says that he wont eat from the passover again UNTIL (meaning he would again in the future) etc.... We can definitely agree to disagree though because as I think I said earlier, even in olden times there were people (Gentiles) who came to Israel, utilized their scriptures/customs while suggesting to Israel that no one had to follow the law.. I guess this is history kinda repeating itself...

What do you mean "personal experience"?

You call it weakness to convert the entire world without destroying the people's beliefs in the lair of Satan himself?
Well I was gnostic believing the same things you do. The only difference is I didnt believe in Paul for whatever reason. But I used to go to the bible and utilize one thing and ignore another. And sometimes its within the same book. When I found out the elite are gnostic, well, that was the nail in the coffin for that belief as far as I was concerned.

But yes thats weakness. I'd assume God would come OPENLY to tell the truth. Not come and "hint" at things so not to hurt people's feelings or to "win" them over. Also not come and say one thing in public, another to the disciples, and another to specific disciples/people like the gnostic gospels have him doing over and over again. Thats weak. I think the way God did it in the OT makes more sense. Come to a community, let them know plain and clear your expectations, and leave them to live up or fail to live up to those expectations. I believe Paul called out Peter for appearing to be a Jew before Jews and appearing like Gentiles before Gentiles. Yet this is what you suggest, in a type of way, that God, the Most High did with Jesus? Come here and follow holy days that are false "because of culture" instead of standing (as God apparently) for whats right? Quoting prophets and commandments, sometimes word for word, of the God you're trying to "free" people from? Just so you can win them over? Yea, thats weak. I think God gives ultimatums. You have a choice. Satan "hints" so he can silently nudge you in the direction he wants you to go in...

My point is to show that the gnostic gospels and the canonical gospels are not contradictory, but complementary. Of course I have to show canonical scripture to support that and I do it as often as I can. Also, if I claim that Satan is hiding behind God in a book, the best way to prove it is from that book itself, not from another adversarial or heretical book where that isn't a secret. That the Bible isn't my strongest piece of evidence is evident, since my pov says Christianity has been hijacked by Judaizers and thus the Christian scriptures have been as well. Not easy when debating people who don't believe in the Judaization of Christianity at all, or worse, think Christianity has been de-Judaized.
How can you show two things are complimentary by only showcasing one thing (the bible)? All I was saying was that imo, it would go further if you showed what the gnostic gospels were saying THEN showed what the bible said (or vice versa). It just makes it easier to see HOW you're coming to the conclusions you are. When you only or majority of the time only quote from the bible, it just insinuates in a way that a person could arrive at the conclusion you're presenting simply by reading the bible. I disagree with that premise.. You might disagree with it and thats fine. I wasnt really trying to discuss how you discuss. Just friendly advice...

Illuminized

Established
Marcion was among those early and primitive attempts to reconcile the bloody god of the OT with the loving god of the NT. In this, the so-called Gnosticians failed. This failure is similar to the Zoroastrian and Jewish attempts at resolving the problem of evil, by inventing a symbolic representation of the evil principle (Ahriman, Satan), which was misinterpreted by Christians.

If a "Satan" exists out there, then the quasi-Gnostic teachings available today are the worst possible thing that could have been produced from it. Not only did they pilfer and distort a lot of concepts from Plato (i.e. the Demiurge), but they represent the entire material existence and it's creator as evil (as opposed to the Pauline-Christian teaching of the earth merely being under the dominion of "Satan". I must remind Christians that Jahwe had said that all that he had made "was good" (Gen. 1:31). What is called "Gnosticism" today must be avoided, it clearly does not derive from the original society.) Plotinus wrote against the quasi-Gnostics in his Enneads, it's well worth the read. Plotinus, Chrysippus, Thales, etc. considered all existence and this universe to be divine. Evil was treated as merely falling short of good, not as an absolute lack of good.

Also, we must recall that Marcion still adhered to Paul. Paul, whether he had good or bad intentions, whether men like Eusebius debased his writings or not, has single-handedly thwarted the teachings of Jesus with his letters. He would have been in a position to neutralize the effects of "sin", but he compromised truth for the lie.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Marcion was among those early and primitive attempts to reconcile the bloody god of the OT with the loving god of the NT. In this, the so-called Gnosticians failed. This failure is similar to the Zoroastrian and Jewish attempts at resolving the problem of evil, by inventing a symbolic representation of the evil principle (Ahriman, Satan), which was misinterpreted by Christians.

If a "Satan" exists out there, then the quasi-Gnostic teachings available today are the worst possible thing that could have been produced from it. Not only did they pilfer and distort a lot of concepts from Plato (i.e. the Demiurge), but they represent the entire material existence and it's creator as evil (as opposed to the Pauline-Christian teaching of the earth merely being under the dominion of "Satan". I must remind Christians that Jahwe had said that all that he had made "was good" (Gen. 1:31). What is called "Gnosticism" today must be avoided, it clearly does not derive from the original society.) Plotinus wrote against the quasi-Gnostics in his Enneads, it's well worth the read. Plotinus, Chrysippus, Thales, etc. considered all existence and this universe to be divine. Evil was treated as merely falling short of good, not as an absolute lack of good.

Also, we must recall that Marcion still adhered to Paul. Paul, whether he had good or bad intentions, whether men like Eusebius debased his writings or not, has single-handedly thwarted the teachings of Jesus with his letters. He would have been in a position to neutralize the effects of "sin", but he compromised truth for the lie.
Previous entries have already shown the apostles who walked with Jesus for 3 years had no problems with accepting Paul as being on equal footing or having the same rank as them.
Peter would not have accepted rebuke from Paul otherwise. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+2&version=KJV
First 10 verses give background. See verses 11 onwards for what happened between the two.
Only theology conspiracy theorists can formulate reasons Paul "incorrectly" had so many books in the New Testament, and why nothing was mentioned in following early church letters either (outside bible).

But when all the wrapping is removed and smokescreens are blown away - "Paul said faith in Christ ALONE is necessary for salvation... I just cannot - I will not believe that... therefore I will try to discredit him... somehow...."

The Zone

Star
There should be a rule that you cannot contact this person. If nothing else, it should be common sense to let it go. You have been doing well but are inviting trouble with the above post considering the past. Think if it is worth it to go through all this again and consider deleting an unnecessary attempt at discussion with a person you have a history with. I mean this post was dug up where July was the last post just to stir. Be wise.

Last edited:

Todd

Star
Only theology conspiracy theorists can formulate reasons Paul "incorrectly" had so many books in the New Testament, and why nothing was mentioned in following early church letters either (outside bible).
An amusing statement being made on a forum/website that is all about conspiracy theories!

Todd

Star
Hey Todd! How are you? I hope all is well with you and your family. Jo will unlikely be commenting because she has quit the forums with the majority of Christians here.

So have you finally accepted the truth that Paul is not a false apostle? I’m hoping you have!
Thank you! All is well with my family. I’m not as anti-Paul as I came across previously. I still believe the church, in general, wrongly places Paul’s words and writings above the words of Christ.

I still don’t believe every word written in the Bible is the word of God. Paul himself prefaced some of his words with that very notion. I still see a definete unresolved conflict and difference in theology between Paul and the Apostles in Jerusalem.

Having said that, I’m no longer interested in fruitless debates or arguments about Paul.

Kung Fu

Superstar
If you are going to make a statement and state it as a matter of fact when it isn’t, you should be able to back up your opinion with some sort of proof, or simply explain why you believe Paul to be a false apostle and if you can’t then maybe you shouldn’t have made it in the first place? I think some Christians might be interested in wondering why you say Paul was a false Apostle when he 100% for a fact that he isn’t because God’s word tells us that Jesus chose him. Just like the Muslim denounce anyone converting to Christianity in which Saul became Paul! I’m just sayin, but I guess that’s the best you can do huh?
Show me where Jesus chose him? And I don't want Paul's words, I want Jesus's words that he chose Paul.

Lisa

Superstar
Where are Jesus words that He chose Matthias to replace Judas? Ah, that’s right there are no words of His saying He chose Matthias.

They chose lots.

As for Paul, Jesus met him on the road to Damascus. We also have the account of Ananias who was told by God to go to Paul. Which Ananias really didn’t want to do because he had heard of Paul, but when he did Paul could see again. I think there you have your proof that Paul was picked by God.

Kung Fu

Superstar
You’ve got to stop “fixing” things...lol, your fixes are nothing but foolish lies.
Then answer my actual questions and not the fake imaginary ones in your head. I asked for Jesus not some ghost.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I didn't answer your question and you gave a sounds response in return...
Look, I had to do it again.

I repeat. When did the real Jesus, and not a ghost claiming to be Jesus, ever choose Paul? Please stop deflecting and giving me answers for questions I never asked for once in your life you Evangelist.

Lisa

Superstar
Look, I had to do it again.

I repeat. When did the real Jesus, and not a ghost claiming to be Jesus, ever choose Paul? Please stop deflecting and giving me answers for questions I never asked for once in your life you Evangelist.
I did give you an answer...did Jesus choose Matthias who took over from Judas?

And I didn’t deflect on the answer. Ananias heard a voice telling him to go to Paul and then Paul would see again. Ananias was pretty afraid to do it because he heard about Saul/Paul’s persecutions. But Ananias did go to Paul and Paul was able to see again. And Barnabas took him to the others and they were afraid at first....

Kung Fu

Superstar
I did give you an answer...did Jesus choose Matthias who took over from Judas?

And I didn’t deflect on the answer. Ananias heard a voice telling him to go to Paul and then Paul would see again. Ananias was pretty afraid to do it because he heard about Saul/Paul’s persecutions. But Ananias did go to Paul and Paul was able to see again. And Barnabas took him to the others and they were afraid at first....
I want the words of Jesus and not the works of Paul that show us that he chose Paul. Can you show me it or not?

Lisa

Superstar
I want the words of Jesus and not the works of Paul that show us that he chose Paul. Can you show me it or not?
Again, who choose Matthias...he was also an apostle of Jesus Christ. Doesn’t that give credence to the fact that God can choose people in other ways than with words? Matthias, an apostle of Jesus Christ was chosen by lot.

Paul was chosen on the road to Damascus.