• Sharing helpful teaching

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Fostering understanding of different points of view

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyfe

Star
For what does it benefit a man to gain the whole world [with all its pleasures], and forfeit his soul? Mark 8:36 Amplified Bible

He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its gain. This too is vanity (emptiness). Ecclesiastes 5:10 Amplified Bible

Luke 12:16-21
Amplified Bible
Parable of the Wealthy Fool
16 Then He told them a parable, saying, “There was a rich man whose land was very fertile and productive. 17 And he began thinking to himself, ‘What shall I do, since I have no place [large enough in which] to store my crops?’ 18 Then he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my storehouses and build larger ones, and I will store all my grain and my goods there. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many good things stored up, [enough] for many years; rest and relax, eat, drink and be merry (celebrate continually).”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own all the things you have prepared?’ 21 So it is for the one who continues to store up and hoard possessions for himself, and is not rich [in his relationship] toward God.”

Lyfe

Star
John 14:23-27
Amplified Bible
23 Jesus answered, “If anyone [really] loves Me, he will keep My word (teaching); and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our dwelling place with him. 24 One who does not [really] love Me does not keep My words. And the word (teaching) which you hear is not Mine, but is the Father’s who sent Me.

25 “I have told you these things while I am still with you. 26 But the [a]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you. 27 Peace I leave with you; My [perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.]

Romans 8:28
Amplified Bible
28 And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.

Romans 5:5
Amplified Bible
5 Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Lyfe

Star
The Joy Of The Lord is our strength.

The only way I am even able to enjoy my day is if I am walking with my lamp full of oil and in the joy of The Lord through the holy spirit. Today May The Lord fill you with his love and with the holy spirit, and may every fiery dart that the enemy sends your way be disarmed, may every evil attempt at you and may every wicked spirit that has been assigned to you and your families be turned away and put to shame in Jesus name!

Lyfe

Star
...sadly I believe we are a nation under judgment and about to fall. We keep sending weapons and billions and trillions of aid to Ukraine and it's only a matter of time before Russia cuts us off. Mass food inflation. Fentanyl is now the leading cause of death in young adults to middle aged persons, because its just flowing in through a border we no longer have. Its everyday where people are constantly being subjected to woke ideas and men in dresses as the new normal. All the meanwhile vaccines that are killing countless people still get pushed, because the pharma industry has more than enough money to cover up their crimes. Now we have mass satanic rituals opening up gateways for evil spirits to flood into our atmosphere. If people don't know Christ and have a hedge of protection over them then they are going to have no defense against the cruel reality that is coming our way.

Lyfe

Star
God's word says that Paul was given a thorn in his side which turned out be a pretty substantial source of bitterness of soul and distress within his life. That source of displeasure was actually God's mercy and grace at work to keep Paul from becoming conceited. God will allow his people to experience and suffer afflictions if it keeps them from forgetting him(as their true source of life and vitality) and if holds them back from harmful attitudes and prideful pursuits that end in shipwreck. There are many of God's elect who are grieving and greatly distressed, yet there is much reason to rejoice in this. Most people live their entire earthly life far from God and consumed with pursuits of worldly pleasure and it's these same people who will likely be told by Jesus that 'he never knew them' as they are cast away from his presence. God keeps his chosen and adopted ones near to him and as any loving Father would oversees their ways and keeps them from danger. We are not our own and belong to a father who will allow many of his people to experience a thorn in their flesh if it keeps them from being deceived by the pleasures of this world and how easily they trap and lead so many astray and far from God. This life is a vapor and blessed are those who share in the sufferings of the elect children of God. It's not the lies and illusions within this world that we are told to keep our eyes fixed on. It is the world to come.

But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— 1 Corinthians 2:9

Psalm 34:17-19
New Living Translation
17 The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
He rescues them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

19 The righteous person faces many troubles,
but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.

Lyfe

Star
It's interesting how The Lord corrects you. There are some days when I don't even bother to pray and then I end up trying to do things in my own way and apart from him. Today I woke up and on my youtube feed I immediately noticed a video in regard to the call for us saints to return to our first love. I sort of just ignored it and brushed it off. Its evening now and I haven't been feeling right all day. I had a bad attitude and endeavored to do things out of a sense of duty and obligation and didn't really have the peace that I was accustomed to. I became bothered that I had been doing the things The Father has put in my heart and that he wasn't giving me his peace in return. I grumbled and further maintained my bad attitude and this only led to a heightened level of affliction. My attitude was "fine I'll do this" and then I want to be left alone for the day.

Well, It was only minutes ago I came across back to back to back posts on love and then finally across a post about agape love and how God prefers to do things with us and that the emphasis on our motives should always be that they are right and out of love. It's as if a light bulb went off and I immediately recognized the correction of The Father. It's mind blowing how God puts things before us to get our attention to minister to us, and then we understand right there on the spot the error of our ways. I felt led to share this, because it's so easy to get caught up with just going through the motions(especially of prayer) in life. There are many of us who have to turn back to our first love like it was in the early days. If we don't it's only a matter of time before The Father pays us a visit and brings rebuke

But I have this [charge] against you, that you have left your first love [you have lost the depth of love that you first had for Me]. Revelation 2:4 Amplified Bible

I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference. Revelation 3:19

Job 5:17-18
English Standard Version
17 “Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves;
therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.
18 For he wounds, but he binds up;
he shatters, but his hands heal.

Dalit

Star
It's interesting how The Lord corrects you. There are some days when I don't even bother to pray and then I end up trying to do things in my own way and apart from him. Today I woke up and on my youtube feed I immediately noticed a video in regard to the call for us saints to return to our first love. I sort of just ignored it and brushed it off. Its evening now and I haven't been feeling right all day. I had a bad attitude and endeavored to do things out of a sense of duty and obligation and didn't really have the peace that I was accustomed to. I became bothered that I had been doing the things The Father has put in my heart and that he wasn't giving me his peace in return. I grumbled and further maintained my bad attitude and this only led to a heightened level of affliction. My attitude was "fine I'll do this" and then I want to be left alone for the day.

Well, It was only minutes ago I came across back to back to back posts on love and then finally across a post about agape love and how God prefers to do things with us and that the emphasis on our motives should always be that they are right and out of love. It's as if a light bulb went off and I immediately recognized the correction of The Father. It's mind blowing how God puts things before us to get our attention to minister to us, and then we understand right there on the spot the error of our ways. I felt led to share this, because it's so easy to get caught up with just going through the motions(especially of prayer) in life. There are many of us who have to turn back to our first love like it was in the early days. If we don't it's only a matter of time before The Father pays us a visit and brings rebuke

But I have this [charge] against you, that you have left your first love [you have lost the depth of love that you first had for Me]. Revelation 2:4 Amplified Bible

I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference. Revelation 3:19

Job 5:17-18
English Standard Version
17 “Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves;
therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.
18 For he wounds, but he binds up;
he shatters, but his hands heal.
Can relate to this a lot. Also have been reading up on suffering in the Scriptures and in other solid Christian books and sources (Spurgeon is quite good), and, even though it's painful, I've gotten to the "Just bring it on, Lord Jesus. I need reproof, correction, etc."

There was an odd little happy dude at a charismatic church that would sing this song he made up, I think, about how we Christians are the circumcision based on Philippians 3:3 (ESV):

"For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—"

He would sing, "We are the circumcision....Cut me, Lord!" and then just burst out laughing, like he was joyful over the Lord cutting him. But does the Word of the Lord/Scripture, not cut? Hebrews 4:12 (ESV):

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

I wanna be like that little dude, happy or joyful even when reproved, which seems to be a lot. Like Paul, the more I grow, the more I feel I can say "I'm the chief of sinners."

Also studying Job. Can't seem to get away from Job in a study about suffering.

Lyfe

Star
Can relate to this a lot. Also have been reading up on suffering in the Scriptures and in other solid Christian books and sources (Spurgeon is quite good), and, even though it's painful, I've gotten to the "Just bring it on, Lord Jesus. I need reproof, correction, etc."

There was an odd little happy dude at a charismatic church that would sing this song he made up, I think, about how we Christians are the circumcision based on Philippians 3:3 (ESV):

"For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—"

He would sing, "We are the circumcision....Cut me, Lord!" and then just burst out laughing, like he was joyful over the Lord cutting him. But does the Word of the Lord/Scripture, not cut? Hebrews 4:12 (ESV):

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

I wanna be like that little dude, happy or joyful even when reproved, which seems to be a lot. Like Paul, the more I grow, the more I feel I can say "I'm the chief of sinners."

Also studying Job. Can't seem to get away from Job in a study about suffering.
I used to pray all the time to be more like Christ. Things got hard and I haven't prayed that prayer in a while. Paul Washer said praying that and meaning it is like asking for a death sentence. You are excited at first but eventually start bawling in the wilderness wanting to get out.... The dross of the world doesn't always come off easy.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have been challenged ever since I posted up this:

I really enjoy knowledge so I naturally get drawn to apologetics and facts that support the veracity of the Bible. Then I end up getting blessed myself as it leads me read what is there as inspired truth. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that, but I have recently been convicted that I have been so focussed on the prophetic moment we are in right now, and on sharing the truths I have found in support of scripture that I have neglected my own closeness with God.

I am increasing brought back to the Gospels and the letters for the refreshment of spirit. Like @Lyfe I am being drawn beck to my first love. The parable of the vine dresser comes to mind in John 15

5“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
I have been challenged ever since I posted up this:

I really enjoy knowledge so I naturally get drawn to apologetics and facts that support the veracity of the Bible. Then I end up getting blessed myself as it leads me read what is there as inspired truth. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that, but I have recently been convicted that I have been so focussed on the prophetic moment we are in right now, and on sharing the truths I have found in support of scripture that I have neglected my own closeness with God.

I am increasing brought back to the Gospels and the letters for the refreshment of spirit. Like @Lyfe I am being drawn beck to my first love. The parable of the vine dresser comes to mind in John 15

5“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
My idol has been worship and praise music lately. Christian entertainments. I have had health problems these past few years and some days I get so discouraged that I will wake up and just drink coffee and listen to music. I skip time with The Father. Then I lay in bed and watch movies that are supposed to be Christian and films that won't grieve the holy spirit. There are virtually no films out there anymore that don't take The Lord's name in vain and that don't show someone getting brutally gunned down. It's extremely disturbing. Even the PG related movies they are always mocking God.

Dalit

Star
My idol has been worship and praise music lately. Christian entertainments. I have had health problems these past few years and some days I get so discouraged that I will wake up and just drink coffee and listen to music. I skip time with The Father. Then I lay in bed and watch movies that are supposed to be Christian and films that won't grieve the holy spirit. There are virtually no films out there anymore that don't take The Lord's name in vain and that don't show someone getting brutally gunned down. It's extremely disturbing. Even the PG related movies they are always mocking God.
Try old movies, if you like them, like classic films. Some are free on YouTube. However, if you do, be cautious with the "Before Code" films even though they're almost laughable compared to how things are these day, and some of the stuff from the 60s/70s. I like Turner Classic Movies (TCM), but they're showing some MA rated things and one time I saw that some movie about satan was on there. Eek! It can be a time waster though. I think once in awhile stopping to watch a good movie like To Kill a Mockingbird or It Happened One Night is all right.

I agree re your above post. Have felt in the wilderness and have been crying, but it's all for the glory of God. Whatever makes me lean into Him is worth it, even though it has been most unpleasant and seeing a loved one hurt so much hurts me, too, more than any hurt I might personally have.

Lyfe

Star
The key to be a consistent seed sower is not through will or discipline, but rather by being filled with the holy spirit by building oneself up in prayer. If one is filled with the holy spirit then they will just start bearing his fruit. The holy spirit is a person and is always looking to glorify Christ and make him known. If we yield to him and stop quenching the holy spirit then the things of God will just start pouring out in Christ Jesus!

Lyfe

Star
Common lies and fiery arrows(thought suggestions) sent by wicked spirits

"God can never forgive me for what I have done."
"Things would be better if I didnt exist"
"If God were real he wouldn't allow so much evil, therefore he must not really be good"
"You can enjoy the sweet pleasures of sin now and get right with God later on"
"God can never love you all you do is dissapoint him continually."

All lies and things taught by demon spirits. They arent just in haunted houses, Gods word says they are all around deceiving and leading men astray(Ephesians 6).

Lyfe

Star
There is purification from all uncleannes by the holy blood of Jesus. Gods word calls us to be holy in body, soul, and spirit which suggests that we can become tainted and defiled by sin on a metaphysical and spiritual level. We see and perceive our reality in 3D, but God is able to look into the dimension of the soul and and see the true and corrupted condition of our heart. Gods word makes mention of our heavenly garment and calls us to keep them clean and unspotted by the flesh(jude) and the world(james). What if our garment is an analogy for the condition of our soul? Is it pure or dirty? I think of our spirit resembling a bottle of water. Through subjecting ourselves to the pollutions of the world this bottle becomes contaminated with gunk and dirt. Heaven is like a reservoir of pure and crystalline water which is why we must be purified and made clean before we can enter, otherwise we bring our pollution into a place and spiritual dimension that God will not permit. It sounds new age perhaps, but I wonder....

Last edited: