Trumped

polymoog

Superstar
Trump legislates against electric cars now? Just when I thought his presidency could not get worse, he goes on full retard mode with this.

https://www.thestate.com/news/nation-world/national/article215984510.html
not so fast, my friend!

i looked at the article. he isnt legislating against the electric cars-- he is not enforcing the obama era rules to force manufacturers to become more fuel efficient. the charging station business people have their panties in a wad in the article because they banked on more stations since californians would be more inclined to buy an electric car with these rules. they still can, of course-- (and pay 50% more for electric than anywhere else in the US.)- trump never outlawed the cars.

if the state of california wants to make their own state law about it (like how they outlawed plastic straws), i am fine with that. states rights.

the other side of the coin is that these electric cars are not cheap. not everyone has the money to afford one. in a year and a half, all new cars will have to have a 37 mpg average. thats not too bad. anyway, i am in favor of letting the market decide. the electric car subsidies favor the rich who would buy the car anyway. the poor could never afford it. with all of the electronic devices today, theres a high demand for lithium in the batteries. to what extent this will effect the cost of these cars` batteries, i dont know.

further reading: https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2018/05/15/are-electric-cars-worse-for-the-environment-000660

LAST GRIPE
by the way, electric cars are not necessarily cleaner.
where do you think that electricity is coming from? i am not a fan of carbon monoxide emissions from gasoline burning autos, but i am VERY much against dangerous nuclear power, which is what generates a great deal of our electricity supply. i find it hilarious that these so called environmentalists and people against "climate change" are silent on that, especially when CA continues to get the brunt of fukushima fallout.

dont get me wrong-- i like non-polluting machines. wake me up when they mass produce non-polluting solar or water powered vehicles.

Helioform

Star
i looked at the article. he isnt legislating against the electric cars-- he is not enforcing the obama era rules to force manufacturers to become more fuel efficient.
He is freezing those rules, which essentially means that the only alternative to fossil fuel cars right now, electric cars, is being legislated against.

and pay 50% more for electric than anywhere else in the US.)
Source for this? The article says that electric cars are only about 2k$ more expensive than regular cars in average.

the other side of the coin is that these electric cars are not cheap. not everyone has the money to afford one. in a year and a half, all new cars will have to have a 37 mpg average. thats not too bad. anyway, i am in favor of letting the market decide. the electric car subsidies favor the rich who would buy the car anyway. the poor could never afford it. with all of the electronic devices today, theres a high demand for lithium in the batteries. to what extent this will effect the cost of these cars` batteries, i dont know.
They aren't the cheapest option right now but they will be given enough time. It is just a matter of putting the infrastructure in place so that the industry can flourish more easily.

It's much better than continue to enrich these oil barons that have a hold on many nations' economies anyway.

by the way, electric cars are not necessarily cleaner.
where do you think that electricity is coming from? i am not a fan of carbon monoxide emissions from gasoline burning autos, but i am VERY much against dangerous nuclear power, which is what generates a great deal of our electricity supply. i find it hilarious that these so called environmentalists and people against "climate change" are silent on that, especially when CA continues to get the brunt of fukushima fallout.
Electric cars are cleaner that is a fact. We just can't keep polluting the air by using this outdated combustion engine technology it is a form of planet wide suicide. But personally I would be more in favor of water fueled cars that use hydrolysis to convert it into hydrogen. This would be a better alternative than electric cars. Unless the cars are powered by rotating magnets placed in the wheel drives instead of nuclear engines or batteries. Hydro-Quebec was working on this type of car in the past and the project was shut down by oil industry lobbies. Figures.

polymoog

Superstar
He is freezing those rules, which essentially means that the only alternative to fossil fuel cars right now, electric cars, is being legislated against.

Source for this? The article says that electric cars are only about 2k$ more expensive than regular cars in average.

Electric cars are cleaner that is a fact. We just can't keep polluting the air by using this outdated combustion engine technology it is a form of planet wide suicide. But personally I would be more in favor of water fueled cars that use hydrolysis to convert it into hydrogen. This would be a better alternative than electric cars. Unless the cars are powered by rotating magnets placed in the wheel drives instead of nuclear engines or batteries. Hydro-Quebec was working on this type of car in the past and the project was shut down by oil industry lobbies. Figures.
we can agree on this, for sure.
btw, the source was from the linked article. it was written in may of 18, so its more or less current w/r/t the cost of CA electric.
for the prices of the electric cars, they vary from a base price of 24k to 67k for a tesla. but anyway, if the price of the car is only 2k$ more than a conventional car (i just looked-- that seems about correct), why not let the market decide without any government interference? i hate the oil barons as much as i do big government.

always a pleasure having a discussion with you, helio.

Helioform

Star
we can agree on this, for sure.
btw, the source was from the linked article. it was written in may of 18, so its more or less current w/r/t the cost of CA electric.
for the prices of the electric cars, they vary from a base price of 24k to 67k for a tesla. but anyway, if the price of the car is only 2k$ more than a conventional car (i just looked-- that seems about correct), why not let the market decide without any government interference? i hate the oil barons as much as i do big government.
Right. Also, we are not including the price of maintaining these cars and fueling/powering them. When you take these into consideration, electric cars are even cheaper than gas cars:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/constancedouris/2017/10/24/the-bottom-line-on-electric-cars-theyre-cheaper-to-own/#320d375d10b6

I am not against free markets but I am against crony capitalism that basically ruins everything. So a mixed economy with some limited government intervention is usually a good idea imo.

always a pleasure having a discussion with you, helio.
Same here.

polymoog

Superstar

a similar story ran in the papers reporting on GMOs being allowed in the wildlife areas. i was quite disappointed that trump would reverse the decision to allow GMOs. then i read that the whole story was fake.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-08-05-fake-news-exposed-media-attacks-trump-over-pesticides-and-gmos-on-wildlife-refuges.html

so i read your article, but i didnt see one thing on it about trump wanting to import more asbestos into the country. the title of the article is a question because its complete speculation. the article says that asbestos should be banned. ok, i agree. so should glyphosphate. wheres the article on that? there isnt one-- its only newsworthy because this asbestos news piece links to an asbestos company in russia who is embossing their product with trumps face.
let me know when he does something.

Futility

Established
a similar story ran in the papers reporting on GMOs being allowed in the wildlife areas. i was quite disappointed that trump would reverse the decision to allow GMOs. then i read that the whole story was fake.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-08-05-fake-news-exposed-media-attacks-trump-over-pesticides-and-gmos-on-wildlife-refuges.html

so i read your article, but i didnt see one thing on it about trump wanting to import more asbestos into the country. the title of the article is a question because its complete speculation. the article says that asbestos should be banned. ok, i agree. so should glyphosphate. wheres the article on that? there isnt one-- its only newsworthy because this asbestos news piece links to an asbestos company in russia who is embossing their product with trumps face.
let me know when he does something.
It isnt about importing more asbestos, but it is about the EPA allowing it to be used for more purposes, which has been confirmed ill give you a link if you want.

Yeah that should be banned too, but the fact remains that there will be more asbestos used in product now.

Futility

Established

polymoog

Superstar
It isnt about importing more asbestos, but it is about the EPA allowing it to be used for more purposes, which has been confirmed ill give you a link if you want.

Yeah that should be banned too, but the fact remains that there will be more asbestos used in product now.
found and checked the link. im against the SNUR, but nothing is happening yet. its still being reviewed.
trump selected a bunch of evildoers into his administration which i am not happy about, but i never expected him to work any miracles and be a godsend.

Futility

Established
found and checked the link. im against the SNUR, but nothing is happening yet. its still being reviewed.
trump selected a bunch of evildoers into his administration which i am not happy about, but i never expected him to work any miracles and be a godsend.
Look, to be perfectly honest, i think you and a lot of people have been conned into thinking he is an outsider, and that his election was an upset. Whoever runs or tries to run the show wanted him in, and its just smoke and mirrors that he is an enemy of the deep state or the elite.

polymoog

Superstar
Look, to be perfectly honest, i think you and a lot of people have been conned into thinking he is an outsider, and that his election was an upset. Whoever runs or tries to run the show wanted him in, and its just smoke and mirrors that he is an enemy of the deep state or the elite.
yes-- i do think his election was an upset. it makes the most sense. like ive said, though, the elites are rolling with it and working with his presidency to their advantage.
i cant be sure that hes an enemy of the deep state; id be more willing to agree that he is doing his own bidding in spite of the deep state. i dont think they control him. for example, if they did, they would have him stop calling out MSM propaganda. even after trump is long gone, people will never believe the MSM news sources again.

Futility

Established
yes-- i do think his election was an upset. it makes the most sense. like ive said, though, the elites are rolling with it and working with his presidency to their advantage.
i cant be sure that hes an enemy of the deep state; id be more willing to agree that he is doing his own bidding in spite of the deep state. i dont think they control him. for example, if they did, they would have him stop calling out MSM propaganda. even after trump is long gone, people will never believe the MSM news sources again.
It wasn't if you could objectively look past your rightful HRC hate, you can clearly see how the events of the election cycle were stacked in his favor.

The MSM hate of him is just part of the plan, playing right into the trick of it appearing as if he is against the system.

The Zone

Star
I find it interesting that some see us as full on Trump supporters when we, in fact, take things as they come and see no sides unless necessary. It makes little sense to have delayed anything and present mistrust in the media for here and ever more if you could have implemented immediate control. I think there was an unexpected chink in the armor which was exposed.
It wasn't if you could objectively look past your rightful HRC hate, you can clearly see how the events of the election cycle were stacked in his favor.

The MSM hate of him is just part of the plan, playing right into the trick of it appearing as if he is against the system.
But why go to so much trouble? HRC would have us in the war for the mongers and they'd be making money for the elite. Oh, they can get control of Trump through his family, etc, but it is in the works and not completely done at this time which is an improvement. Nobody is saying a lot will change in the end, only that the stream of PC has at least been halted if even for a year or two. Trump is a nationalist, so what benefit is there in that? Once we are in a globalist system, it will really be hard to shake back out of that. Once everybody is in, things really begin and they need the US and USSR to ideally go after one another to cancel each other out, IMO. China is already in the pocket and the ME is to divided to stop it.

polymoog

Superstar

sorry, but i dont see it that way. i think you are overthinking it. hillary was their woman for a lot of reasons. if i was at the top of the pyramid, id choose her and further the agendas started by obama. she could be scratching away at the second amendment right now, opening the flood doors to immigration, starting a war with russia (who doesnt love a big, moneymaking war?), and pursuing gender politics. you will remember that shes alluded to the fact that "we are losing the information war" (referring to the internet), so she would happily shut down free speech expression. she is a dream candidate, with plenty of skeletons in her closet to keep her walking a straight line if she even had a second thought (not likely).
as you know, shes a true psychopath and has no empathy. a clinton- sanders ticket wouldve easily won the election. the DNC scandal hurt, badly, and her own past misdeeds coupled with her underestimation of the power of social media proved her undoing. (this is why, of course, we are seeing what we are seeing with the suppression of free speech as we speak prior to the midterms: alt media and the rightists need to be silenced so they can proceed.)