Dating and Marriage 2020?

Lisa

Superstar
That could work if they had children and he would want to find a wife and a mother for his children.

Kinda reminds me of the movie When Harry met Sally where Harry said it was easy to find apartments..you look in the obituaries.

Bent8484

Established
It might be a cultural thing, saying that you're inviting someone out in French also implies that you're offering to pay, but me and the gf just take turns, depending on who's idea it was. It's like a type of gift, in activity form, so it's on the gifter to cover.

("Je t'invite" in colloquial French can mean both "I'm inviting you" and "I'm covering your bill". We mostly speak English at home, but live in a French city.)

cjkkw

Established
It might be a cultural thing, saying that you're inviting someone out in French also implies that you're offering to pay, but me and the gf just take turns, depending on who's idea it was. It's like a type of gift, in activity form, so it's on the gifter to cover.

("Je t'invite" in colloquial French can mean both "I'm inviting you" and "I'm covering your bill". We mostly speak English at home, but live in a French city.)
most marriages or whateva won't last for more than a few days ....

Maes17

Superstar
Been with my husband 20 years. Married for eleven. No one in my family is divorced. If someone goes into something thinking doom and gloom they’re bound to make it a self fulfilling prophecy.
Been with my wife for 10 years. No one in my immediate family is divorced either.

Like @2cool4thisplanet said marriage does take work. Maturity. Both the wife and I support each other when things get rough. She’s really good at reading my emotion. She really knows my body language and facial expressions and allows me to vent if needed.

@Bent8484 thanks. This is our 2nd child. Oldest is 8 years old. Still seems like yesterday he was my little 2 year old monster who I spoiled. They grow old too fast

Linsky

Rookie
Truth be told as someone in my mid 20s all of this is pretty old fashioned for the most part young people are having casual sex and relationships are pretty much null and void.

I think blame can be applied to both parties a decent looking woman has many options mainly because of dating apps so her perception of her desirability maybe skewed, why settle for a decent looking guy in your city when you have good looking dudes in your inbox from another city.

And as young men we know most young women we talk to are talking to/intimate with multiple guys at once so we have to act accordingly so simply taking a woman on a date, may feel like a sucker move. And she can drop you at any second.

And the best way as a man to handle dating in this day and age is to go about it like a numbers game the more women your talking to the greater the likelihood you meet a woman that’s wife material, and the easier it is to get over a girl you might have been feeling ghosting you.

Lisa

Superstar
Truth be told as someone in my mid 20s all of this is pretty old fashioned for the most part young people are having casual sex and relationships are pretty much null and void.

I think blame can be applied to both parties a decent looking woman has many options mainly because of dating apps so her perception of her desirability maybe skewed, why settle for a decent looking guy in your city when you have good looking dudes in your inbox from another city.

And as young men we know most young women we talk to are talking to/intimate with multiple guys at once so we have to act accordingly so simply taking a woman on a date, may feel like a sucker move. And she can drop you at any second.

And the best way as a man to handle dating in this day and age is to go about it like a numbers game the more women your talking to the greater the likelihood you meet a woman that’s wife material, and the easier it is to get over a girl you might have been feeling ghosting you.
Thanks for your input!

Noxycoup

Wow- how about we realize there is an agenda at play that seeks to divide men and women to make us easier to manipulate and prevent us from working together? Some of the stuff on this forum would not be out of place on a MGTOW forum!
Women and men need each and complement each other. They are at highest power when in harmony.
Please stop playing by the game to separate us!

Noxycoup

I think you may have hit on the right word there Kerri..independence.

I thought it was more that couples split up when they can’t find things to do together?

I don’t think about it until you reply..so I’m not obsessed with you having your own account. I just think it show a lack of trust. If you never fight about money why would you if you merged accounts? But you’re both polite enough to let each other in on those accounts, but not merge? Seems distrustful. As for having your name on other financials that could be because of things did go wrong...your name is on half?
I'm just sad that people on a forum that accepts the existence of hidden agendas are having these sorts of discussions, seemly completely unaware of the agenda to divide men and women in order to distract them and prevent them from working together.

Lisa

Superstar
Wow- how about we realize there is an agenda at play that seeks to divide men and women to make us easier to manipulate and prevent us from working together? Some of the stuff on this forum would not be out of place on a MGTOW forum!
Women and men need each and complement each other. They are at highest power when in harmony.
Please stop playing by the game to separate us!
I thought the video was interesting in that they asked people what they thought about the issue. When I was dating aged it was thought that the man paid for everything...that was part of dating a woman. It wasn’t about separating the sexes but taking the time on someone you thought you’d want to spend the rest if your life with.

Noxycoup

I thought the video was interesting in that they asked people what they thought about the issue. When I was dating aged it was thought that the man paid for everything...that was part of dating a woman. It wasn’t about separating the sexes but taking the time on someone you thought you’d want to spend the rest if your life with.
I wasn't refering to the video as such but more the comments surrounding it and other topics on here. Just surprised at all the generic gender divide retoric on some parts of this forum.

Maes17

Superstar
I wasn't refering to the video as such but more the comments surrounding it and other topics on here. Just surprised at all the generic gender divide retoric on some parts of this forum.
I said the same thing. But some people don’t take the challenge too well.
To each their own though.

Let them forever be tranced by divide. They’ll learn something when they are old, lonely

Maes17

Superstar
Eh. My wife didn’t mind paying for stuff etc.
I think sometimes being a little chivalrous leads to an expected dependency that some woman would abuse. The same can be said for a man who expects dinner, sex, etc at the drop of a hat.

Real working marriages require respect, communication, maturity. Yeah I enjoy when my wife cooks dinner, but I don’t expect it every night. I mean she works from home, taking care of our newborn, staying on top of our oldest with his online learning. She’s busy too.

Just as she doesn’t expect for me to bow down and hold every door open for her, etc.

For a website that that goes against elite rituals etc. Wouldn’t you question these expectations from sexes leading to another divide?

Lisa

Superstar
Eh. My wife didn’t mind paying for stuff etc.
I think sometimes being a little chivalrous leads to an expected dependency that some woman would abuse. The same can be said for a man who expects dinner, sex, etc at the drop of a hat.

Real working marriages require respect, communication, maturity. Yeah I enjoy when my wife cooks dinner, but I don’t expect it every night. I mean she works from home, taking care of our newborn, staying on top of our oldest with his online learning. She’s busy too.

Just as she doesn’t expect for me to bow down and hold every door open for her, etc.

For a website that that goes against elite rituals etc. Wouldn’t you question these expectations from sexes leading to another divide?
I’m probably older than you..it was a different time.

I’m sure everyone has certain expectations on what it means to be a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife. They reality tends to be different than what we think..perhaps the way to stay in a relationship is to understand that?

Like I said..I thought it was an interesting video. I gravitate towards the ones that ask people what they think.

We are all still human..even though we come here.