Dating and Marriage 2020?

justjess

Superstar
I’m entirely dependent on God...it was God who provided my husband with his current job.

It sounded like the reason you want separate accounts is so you could both spend money how you wish without the other getting mad about it..instead of having the joint account and working together. But I can see where you don’t like to budge where you think you’re right..so it probably is easier.
It actually didn’t sound like that since I explained from the beginning my husband is a spender and I am a saver. You just impose your preconceived notions on whatever you read no matter what it says.

Do You and your husband have a budget?

I don’t see why I would have tobudge about my own marriage. You certainly can’t think you know better about someone else’s marriage then they do?

Lisa

Superstar
It actually didn’t sound like that since I explained from the beginning my husband is a spender and I am a saver. You just impose your preconceived notions on whatever you read no matter what it says.

Do You and your husband have a budget?

I don’t see why I would have tobudge about my own marriage. You certainly can’t think you know better about someone else’s marriage then they do?
My husband is good at budgeting so I let him do as he sees fit.

All I know is if you’re married then you should share everything. That’s what being married is all about. Compromising and trusting one another. You’ve just given up on that part of your relationship and decided that it’s not worth trying to figure out how to work together.

Hon33

Veteran
Why do you say that?
I say it Lisa because, time after time, you demonstrate that you make judgements about other people’s lives and even when they try to explain the reasons for their decisions, you ignore what they say and continue arguing about your point.
You cannot tell people what to do in their lives - you’re not living their life. What works for you and your husband may not work for others. That does not make their relationship less valid or less cherished than yours.

Hon33

Veteran

All I know is if you’re married then you should share everything. That’s what being married is all about. Compromising and trusting one another. You’ve just given up on that part of your relationship and decided that it’s not worth trying to figure out how to work together.
No Lisa, not having the same account does not mean you’re not figuring out how to work together. JustJess and her husband are working every bit as much together as you and your husband - as am I with my husband.
We just work together differently than you.

justjess

Superstar

No Lisa. Lol. We actually did figure out how to work together. That’s the point. But the point always seems to go over your head. We do share everything - it is literally a formalized petty cash budget. For some reason you can’t comprehend this.

20 years, 2 kids, a dog, two businesses in joint ownership and we don’t “work together” because we separated petty cash into personal accounts... lmao :rolleyes:

hey Lisa, don’t you constantly complain about the divorce rate? Do you know money is the number one reason for divorce? Why would you begrudge any financial arrangement that helped reduce the divorce rate?

Lisa

Superstar
I say it Lisa because, time after time, you demonstrate that you make judgements about other people’s lives and even when they try to explain the reasons for their decisions, you ignore what they say and continue arguing about your point.
You cannot tell people what to do in their lives - you’re not living their life. What works for you and your husband may not work for others. That does not make their relationship less valid or less cherished than yours.
Why get mad at what I say unless you think I’m right?

Lisa

Superstar
No Lisa, not having the same account does not mean you’re not figuring out how to work together. JustJess and her husband are working every bit as much together as you and your husband - as am I with my husband.
We just work together differently than you.
If you have separate accounts you aren’t working together..how can you be?

Lisa

Superstar
No Lisa. Lol. We actually did figure out how to work together. That’s the point. But the point always seems to go over your head. We do share everything - it is literally a formalized petty cash budget. For some reason you can’t comprehend this.

20 years, 2 kids, a dog, two businesses in joint ownership and we don’t “work together” because we separated petty cash into personal accounts... lmao :rolleyes:

hey Lisa, don’t you constantly complain about the divorce rate? Do you know money is the number one reason for divorce? Why would you begrudge any financial arrangement that helped reduce the divorce rate?
You always have your excuses for things that’s for sure Jess. You’d think through all that you could have figured out a way to keep even together instead of needing to have a separate account to stay together..

justjess

Superstar
You always have your excuses for things that’s for sure Jess. You’d think through all that you could have figured out a way to keep even together instead of needing to have a separate account to stay together..
Lmao your the worst person I’ve ever met Lisa. You should be honored because I’ve met more then my fair share of horrible people, being the worst is quite an accomplishment.

There is nothing more “working together” then sitting down and discussing an issue in a relationship and “working together” to find a solution that works for both parties to improve the quality of said relationship. I’ll tell you this I’ve never been in front of a divorce lawyer and never will be. So guess I got one up on you huh?

most marriages where one partner has bipolar end in divorce - the divorce rate in that situation is exponentially higher then in the general population. One of the symptoms of bipolar is impulsive spending sprees that can leave a person or family financially devastated. You can get no more “working together” then finding a way to avoid a heartbreaking outcome of a chronic illness that is well known and tends to break up families. You should be applauding me and my husband tbh. But it’s never about keeping families together or any other thing you claim. It’s only about imposing your way of doing things on other people. Every. Single. Time.

Lisa

Superstar
Lmao your the worst person I’ve ever met Lisa. You should be honored because I’ve met more then my fair share of horrible people, being the worst is quite an accomplishment.

There is nothing more “working together” then sitting down and discussing an issue in a relationship and “working together” to find a solution that works for both parties to improve the quality of said relationship. I’ll tell you this I’ve never been in front of a divorce lawyer and never will be. So guess I got one up on you huh?

most marriages where one partner has bipolar end in divorce - the divorce rate in that situation is exponentially higher then in the general population. One of the symptoms of bipolar is impulsive spending sprees that can leave a person or family financially devastated. You can get no more “working together” then finding a way to avoid a heartbreaking outcome of a chronic illness that is well known and tends to break up families. You should be applauding me and my husband tbh. But it’s never about keeping families together or any other thing you claim. It’s only about imposing your way of doing things on other people. Every. Single. Time.
Wow! Another excuse why you have to have this one area in your life that can’t be worked out besides separating it from one another.

Hon33

Veteran
Life is all opinion :rolleyes:
No, Lisa, it really isn’t - especially when that opinion comes in the form of judgement.
Perhaps that’s what’s wrong with you, Lisa. Perhaps you should try filling your life with love, empathy, compassion, compromise, experience, learning, open-mindedness...

Lisa

Superstar
No, Lisa, it really isn’t - especially when that opinion comes in the form of judgement.
Perhaps that’s what’s wrong with you, Lisa. Perhaps you should try filling your life with love, empathy, compassion, compromise, experience, learning, open-mindedness...
Life is opinion...we all have them and we all think we are right about the things we think. We can even go online and find others that agree with us.

I do have those things in my life.

justjess

Superstar
People get facts wrong so that it matches up with their opinion all the time.
No Lisa they are two different things. People can have different opinions about what facts mean but they can’t have different facts.