BTS discussion thread

Stephania

Star
Not Again...
They just scare the posters away.. And become successful in it.. We lost a lot of good posters last year because of such a news...
What the hell is that?! They and the bands and Asian govts are targeting you all for this? o_O

Screenshot_20190826-020759.png
^ that is BTS site screen shot to vc's site here

Last edited:

Stephania

Star
Look man.. I know Asia is communist. But even though I don't think it's all about you .. it doesn't mean I don't care about you. Ok?

Hopeful

Star
What the hell is that?! They and the bands and Asian govts are targeting you all for this? o_O

View attachment 24999
^ that is BTS site screen shot to vc's site here
This is all lip service .. And i would like to see them taking some real action..which they would never.. And Why would they need to post it in some application and not real pages like last year..

They just want as much people out of the way.. As they can.. Because they can't do ANYTHING... Their own artist's reputation is under threat.. I am pretty sure people have some PR in their hands and the company is scared and will only throw their own artists under the train.. And save their own reputation.

Stephania

Star
This is all lip service .. And i would like to see them taking some real action..which they would never.. And Why would they need to post it in some application and not real pages like last year..

They just want as much people out of the way.. As they can.. Because they can't do ANYTHING... Their own artist's reputation is under threat.. I am pretty sure people have some PR in their hands and the company is scared and will only throw their own artists under the train.. And save their own reputation.
:mad:
That's not a nice thing to do the them or you.

asdfghjkl3

Rookie
View attachment 24997
View attachment 24998
Take care guys~❤
I pray they don't hunt us down

If you are not Korean, it is an empty threat. For Americans, as far as I know they are protected by the first amendment (free speech). Europeans are protected by the laws of their own countries, which (aside from the UK) are pretty lax when it comes to online hate speech. Europeans are also protected by the strict data collection laws the European Union implemented.

It is actually really hard to prosecute people from abroad, because most countries protect their citizens.
For example Britain's most dangerous p***phile Charles Taylor David was living in Thailand for years and abusing children there. Even though he was a British citizen, Britain had to fight hard to extradite him and prosecute him in the UK.
Another prominent example is whistleblower Julian Assange. He is wanted by both the US for whistleblowing and by Sweden for sexual assault. But both countries could not do anything about it other than wait because he was protected by a foreign government.
In terms of online activities the most recent example would be the Christchurch shooting massacre. The attacker talked about the shooting and filmed it. The video was quickly deleted from almost all webpages except Kiwifarms. New Zealand's authorities then contacted the admin of Kiwifarms to take down the video and provide them with all posts and the IP adress of the shooter. The admin is American and refused. Because of that New Zealand's authorities basically had to call it a day.
These are serious crimes. What Bighit is talking about is "defamation" and "harrassment". Both are often not seriously prosecuted in Western countries. And if Bighit really wanted to get to you, they would have to go through the courts of your home country. That involves a lot of money and time, if the cases are even taken on by local authorities. And even then, most cases would probably be dismissed in court.
"They wrote that our artist can't sing! They wrote that our artist is gay! They wrote that our artist was lazy on stage and looked as if an Egyptian mummy had risen from it's grave to haunt the living!" What judge wouldn't laugh them out of the court room? At least in my country I am sure that nothing would happen.
What Bighit is doing here is taking control of the narative. They are dangling the threat of prosecution over people's heads to scare them from expressing criticism. The fans become paranoid and will not dare to critcise and even start to police other fans. That means less work for Bighit, because fans are working for them.
Now why did they publish this now at this time? In my opinion, they are using Weverse and all the other apps for data mining, also known as Big Data. They collect as much data as possible from their users and analyse it to make content that is fitted exactly to the needs of the consumers. Through that they generate more profit. That might be one of the reasons why they made Weverse in the first place. Before they used twitter, where they could only analyse tweets by tracking names and hashtags. The really valuable info is on the twitter servers, which are in the US and twitter doesn't sell that kind of data. By redirecting fans to their own platform they could get access to this data.
Now with this break and the recent announcements fans weren't exactly happy. You could see the amount of critical posts rising on twitter. @NotDelulu made a great post about that a few pages earlier. My guess is that it became to "dangerous" for Bighit, they were scared that they might lose control over the narrative and it might spiral into a shitstorm. This is a preemptive measure to stop the criticism, on a platform where they have full control and it will create a spill-over effect on other platforms. And it's working, right? Even here posters are wondering if they might be in trouble. It's a tactic used to exhaustion by both fascist and communist regimes.

Stephania

Star

Stephania

Star
You know, I won’t answer you anymore. With this argument we clog this thread, you can’t do this. If you consider me a witch, this is your right, I don’t mind.
I said she was a witch.. not you. That's telling. But why as a Russian are you telling Asians their identities?

Scars512

Established
I said she was a witch.. not you. That's telling. But why as a Russian are you telling Asians their identities?
Look, this is a thread for discussing BTS. Not really the place for this kind of stuff. And who cares what nationality or race anyone posting here is? I'm not going to quiz anyone about that kind of stuff because it has no real relevance. I only care what their perspective on BTS is. So, could we please get back to the topic of the thread? If you don't have any opinion on BTS, this might not be the thread for you.

Stephania

Star
Look, this is a thread for discussing BTS. Not really the place for this kind of stuff. And who cares what nationality or race anyone posting here is? I'm not going to quiz anyone about that kind of stuff because it has no real relevance. I only care what their perspective on BTS is. So, could we please get back to the topic of the thread? If you don't have any opinion on BTS, this might not be the thread for you.
BTS are products of this thing, not asian culture. And trust me, this supposed Russian person is a troll for the agenda. Satanic nwo .. that is what this thread is about, right? And pps: Blavatski doesn't really represent Russians either. They are not Asian. This is sorcery