Bible the Book of books

TokiEl

Superstar
When was Jesus born ?

Luke 2 8And there were shepherds residing in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks by night. 9Just then, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid! For behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people: 11Today in the city of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord! 12And this will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”*

*Strong's G5336 - phatnē - manger (3x), stall (1x).

The sign to us is booth... the feast of Booths 2 BC.

TokiEl

Superstar
I thought it funny you kept Dec 25th..
Matthew 2 7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared. 8 And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also.”

9 When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.

Jupiter was above Bethlehem on a new moon night as seen from Jerusalem on Dec 25 2 BC. That is a fact which you can check for yourselves with a planetarium program like stellarium. According to Rick Larson who has made a great presentation about the Star of Bethlehem... Jupiter began to go into retrograde motion on that day and so it would for some time seem to stand over Bethlehem.

It may be funny that we give gifts on the same day the wise men gave gifts to Jesus.

TokiEl

Superstar
Tit 1:1Paul, a bondservant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect and the acknowledgment of the truth which accords with godliness,

Col 3:12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

1Pe 1:2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

2Ti 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Mat 22:14 “For many are called, but few are elect.”

Mat 24:24 “For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Mat 24:31 “And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Rev 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, elect, and faithful.”

Lisa

Superstar
Matthew 2 7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared. 8 And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also.”

9 When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.

Jupiter was above Bethlehem on a new moon night as seen from Jerusalem on Dec 25 2 BC. That is a fact which you can check for yourselves with a planetarium program like stellarium. According to Rick Larson who has made a great presentation about the Star of Bethlehem... Jupiter began to go into retrograde motion on that day and so it would for some time seem to stand over Bethlehem.

It may be funny that we give gifts on the same day the wise men gave gifts to Jesus.
Whose Rick Larson?

TokiEl

Superstar
I think this is him...

An interesting piece of research - haven’t made my mind up on it but definitely one to be aware of...
Yes that's right and it's fine that you haven't made up your mind on it... as long as you don't teach anything contrary to this correct piece of presentation.

Lisa

Superstar
I think this is him...

An interesting piece of research - haven’t made my mind up on it but definitely one to be aware of...
Do we really need to prove there was a star? I keep reading your statement as one to beware of for some reason...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Do we really need to prove there was a star? I keep reading your statement as one to beware of for some reason...
Not at all - I liked his basic ideas, but when he gets down to exact dates, I don't automatically go along (but keep an open mind for other verifications)

Lisa

Superstar
Not at all - I liked his basic ideas, but when he gets down to exact dates, I don't automatically go along (but keep an open mind for other verifications)
The thing I really hate about it is he acts like he’s found out something new and he goes through verses to try to prove he’s right in looking for it..but they are just verses about stars and such..do those verses he sites really say..go ahead and search the skies for proof of what I say? Is that walking by faith btw..or by sight?

TokiEl

Superstar
The thing I really hate about it is he acts like he’s found out something new and he goes through verses to try to prove he’s right in looking for it..but they are just verses about stars and such..do those verses he sites really say..go ahead and search the skies for proof of what I say? Is that walking by faith btw..or by sight?
You hate that God gave him insight about the star which guided the wise men to Jesus ?

Well what can i say... i wish you would type a lot less.

Lisa

Superstar
You hate that God gave him insight about the star which guided the wise men to Jesus ?

Well what can i say... i wish you would type a lot less.
I’m not thinking it was God who gave him insight at all...

Lisa

Superstar
This is God’s truth...

Matthew‬ ‭2:1-2‬ ‭
Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”​
‭‭
Edit: notice its not about the star...but the King of the Jews that was born.

TokiEl

Superstar
This is God’s truth...

Matthew‬ ‭2:1-2‬ ‭
Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”​
‭‭
Edit: notice its not about the star...but the King of the Jews that was born.
There is a star in His nativity and as inquisitive beings we want to know what was the star.

When the time was right God gave this insight to one who wondered about it... and the implication of it is that Father knew exactly when His Son would be born before He whirled creation and the clockwork planets into existence.

Rev 13 8All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
There is a star in His nativity and as inquisitive beings we want to know what was the star.

When the time was right God gave this insight to one who wondered about it... and the implication of it is that Father knew exactly when His Son would be born before He whirled creation and the clockwork planets into existence.

Rev 13 8All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
God didn’t need to give anyone insight..He already told the story...you just needed to believe it was true.