Who fell in Eden? Man or God?

floss

Star
What about those who do not kill or hurt others, but simply disbelieve? What about say the Peoples of the Americas who never heard about the Hebrew God or Jesus for thousands of years? I do not see the love in a being who creates you demands your worship on penalty of eternal torment.

Black and White thinking is destructive and delusional, reality is very grey.
God doesn’t demand your worship to be saved. You can have salvation by simply putting your Faith on Jesus. You worship Him once you realized how much He had sacrifices for you to NEVER DIE again. You worship Him because He is amazing, not because you want to avoid eternal hell fire.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I don't see how we would go extinct by not practicing evil. Humans would prosper if we didn't attack each other and we worked together.
“In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment.”

Charles Darwin

@Gnostic Christian Bishop will perhaps contend (if he were consistent in his Evolutionary thinking) that for the species to act in accordance with its modus operandi as set out by Dawkins in "The Selfish Gene", altruism and self-sacrifice are folly, faith a dangerous "meme" and selfishness and a willingness to crush the weak the only good evolutionary virtues.

mecca

Superstar
“In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment.”

Charles Darwin

@Gnostic Christian Bishop will perhaps contend (if he were consistent in his Evolutionary thinking) that for the species to act in accordance with its modus operandi as set out by Dawkins in "The Selfish Gene", altruism and self-sacrifice are folly, faith a dangerous "meme" and selfishness and a willingness to crush the weak the only good evolutionary virtues.
The thing is, we have evolved to cooperate and help each other as well. The only reason humans are the dominant species on Earth right now is because we have strong social connections with each other. When people talk about evolution they only focus on the competitive aspect but that only applies to how genes and genetic traits arise, it can't be applied socially. Socially, evolution favors cooperation between a species as the best way to thrive in nature. Social darwinism is a lie.

floss

Star
Then why the threat of eternal torture at all? If it was truly because how amazing he is, it would not come with that penalty.
I don’t know exactly how hell work but its not eternal torture for everyone. One can be in hell for eternity without being torture. Different people has different punishment for their sins. But you can be sure as hell those devil worshipper will be joining their father, the devil, in the lake of fire for an eternity. Remember God hate sins and sins must be dealt with accordingly. I would imagine the devil will be accusing God of not being Just because God only punished Bigger Sins and let Little Sins slide. He is a higher dimensional being so we can’t exactly comprehend how he think and operate.

This is why we need the righteousness and sinlessness of Jesus Christ in order to be approved in the Kingdom of God. We cannot rely on our own righteousness because there are NONE. The standard is PERFECTION, no less.

Last edited:

floss

Star
If he hates it so much, why does he allow it to exist in the first place? If he is loving and merciful why cant he send people to rehab instead of Hell?
God created us with Free Will and not a brain-dead robot. He allowed us to make our own choice whether it's good or bad. That's part of being a human is to be able to do what we want. That doesn't mean to go out there and do anything you wish as there'll be consequences for your actions. We all done pretty bad stuff that we don't want to admit.

He give you your whole life to rehab or what I like to call REPENT. This simply mean changing your mind, turn around, turn back into his arm of Grace. Once you realized Sins bring forth death and if you enjoy living, you need to REPENT and turn to God for salvation. (quick example, Before: I don't believe Jesus died for me... Repented: I don't deserve it but thank you Jesus for taking the punishment for my sins and made me righteous. Amen)

God already show his love/mercy by his sacrifices and provided a path to ETERNAL LIFE that is as easy as drinking a cup of water. He DID the hard part and now ETERNAL LIFE is a free gift for all those willing to take it. He will not force you to drink that everlasting water, You have to do it.

Now this is my opinion, Rejecting the free gift of eternal life is enough to go to hell (doesn't mean everlasting torment, just being in hell and not heaven).

Last edited:

cfowen

Established
The Gnostic is back with more non-knowledge. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, or is that just a false rumor started by Gnostics?

Unknown Warrior

Established
What about those who do not kill or hurt others, but simply disbelieve? What about say the Peoples of the Americas who never heard about the Hebrew God or Jesus for thousands of years? I do not see the love in a being who creates you demands your worship on penalty of eternal torment.

Black and White thinking is destructive and delusional, reality is very grey.
God is fair and just and He would not hold it against people who have not been taught the gospel of Christ. However, the word of God will be proclaimed to the entire world before the end comes, so nobody will have that as an excuse. I do not understand why people are hostile toward God. There is God and there is Satan and people claim to be neutral because they say God is not fair. God wants to save people but Satan wants to destroy people and lead them to hell. Satan was a created being and he was a follower of God until he rebelled. Since then, Satan has caused untold amounts of pain and suffering to mankind and he continues to lead people into hell and destruction. He has also deceived most of the world into believing that God does not exist. Therefore, when the antichrist arrives on the scene and proclaims himself to be god, he will demand to be worshipped and the penalty for not accepting his mark of allegiance will be death by decapitation. So if people still believe that God is such a tyrant, then they should take a good look at His adversaries.

It's not meant to be an equation. You came up with that assumption on your own.

Haha! True, it would be impossible to operate without a belief system in place.

I'm referring to a fundamental misapprehension of knowledge (confusion) which is the foundation of the phenomenal world itself. Yes, people do tend to believe what they see. A basic analogy: by relying on belief we can very easily superimpose an illusion of a snake. Run away from the snake, then it will always be a snake, and you will have avoided the knowledge that would destroy the original false idea to reveal it is really just a rope. :)
I understand what you are saying but do not see the relevance.

It would not matter unless you need a rope.

Regards
DL

The Gnostic is back with more non-knowledge. I thought you guys were supposed to be smart, or is that just a false rumor started by Gnostics?
Smart is as smart writes in these places.

If you wish to gage yourself against me, engage. Let's see if you can argue well. How about on justice?

The O.P. asks if God murdered A & E.

What is your answer?

Regards
DL

God is fair and just
Interesting comment, given that our first look at God's justice even before he created the world was to choose Jesus to die as a sacrifice, bribe, ransom, all synonymous words, to alter his usual policy of punishing the guilty, to punishing the innocent.

Do you see that as fair and just?

Is that what you would do if you were a judge?

Regards
DL

With all due respect just remember that God is not evil, satan is and to fall for his lies is one BIG mistake. Why should God bother to torment and torture for eternity when he can just do away with all the evil people that would rather follow evil satan. God did NOT program anyone, you're free to believe what you want, you're free to educate yourself in any way you want and id God had programmed Adam and Eve, there's no way they would have DISOBEYED and SINNED. We'd all be in the garden of Eden and paradise spread all over earth. Because they were certainly NOT programmed, they had the choice to obey or disobey. So do we.

Not sure what God you're referring to, Yahweh or satan for satan is the God of this system of things. That's why there's moral decay, suffering, pain, evil, desecration, defilement, all kinds of badness and rebellion against what is GOOD and HOLY.

If his infinite WISDOM, God chose to do what was JUST. Perfect human life for a perfect human life. Adam was perfect and he threw away our opportunity to have everlasting life. Another perfect man had to come to rescue that opportunity. That man was Jesus and he did it out of LOVE for all of US. He wasn't forced, he did it willingly. If you care to read the scriptures and use your power of reasoning you will see for yourself.

It's very shocking to me that someone would dare disrespect God and call him names. That just tells me anyone who does that is a very afflicted, tortured soul that is blind enough to not see the good things God has to offer. Blinded by this torturous world, too much pain and suffering to see beyond pain and suffering.
Strange that you cannot disrespect a genocidal son murdering God.

There is a lot wrong in your thinking FMPOV.

Have a look at this longish reply and perhaps you will change some of your assumptions. The bottom line is that you do not have a free choice to not sin. You must sin. That is why there are none who have not sinned. Come back to discuss. Not to preach.

Eve was correct in eating of the tree of knowledge and rejecting God.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane and immoral God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women. They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

------------------------

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.

First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Regards

DL

-----------------------

Evolutionary theology.

Satan is like a roaring lion seeking those he can devour. Beware, he is very real and he knows his time is short.
Tell us why God gave Satan teeth and put Satan on earth when he could have sent her straight to hell?

God gave Satan power to deceive the whole world and if most of the world are believers, it follows that they are the deceived ones as they are closer to the whole world. Right?

If you do not agree, don't just deny. Break that logic trail.

Regards
DL

I don't see how we would go extinct by not practicing evil. Humans would prosper if we didn't attack each other and we worked together.
True to a point. Can we evolve without competition?

Nature says no as all life competes.

If we did not seek to be the fittest, then the weak would inherit the earth, but they would soon go extinct from lack of competition.

I am willing to listen to you argument against the survival of the fittest though.

Remember that we are all tribal by nature. How would we choose a leader for the tribe without the competition of ideas to see who is the brightest leader?

Regards
DL

God doesn’t demand your worship to be saved. You can have salvation by simply putting your Faith on Jesus. You worship Him once you realized how much He had sacrifices for you to NEVER DIE again. You worship Him because He is amazing, not because you want to avoid eternal hell fire.
You contradict yourself.
You say we do not have to worship God, then tell us to worship Jesus as God.

Regards
DL

Charles Darwin

You are thinking backwards here.

The fittest does not seek to crush his opponent. The fittest will do what is needed to make his enemy his friend. The fittest in a tribe, which we all live in, is the one with the most friends. That is why we default to cooperation first and foremost as that is the best route to survival as then we do not put ourselves in the position of possibly losing the competition. See it?

Regards
DL

If he hates it so much, why does he allow it to exist in the first place? If he is loving and merciful why cant he send people to rehab instead of Hell?
Jesus said he came to minister to the sick and not the well.

God is said to never change his mind but would have to do the opposite of what Jesus/God said if hell was as described in scriptures. It would show Jesus torturing and killing when he said he came to cure, not kill.

That is a hell of a contradiction that Christians never deal with.

Regards
DL

Who fell in Eden? Man or God?

Christians see a fall for man in Eden while the Jews see itas where man was elevated.

I see it as where, thanks to God’s murder by neglect of Adamand Eve, as where God fell. Adam and Eve would have lived much longer if Godhad not locked away the tree of life.

Common sense from a simple reading of Genesis, where man’seyes were open, knowing oneself as naked as Gods and developing a moral sense,tells us that it would be seen as good for man and not a fall. They have becomeas Gods in the knowing of good and evil.

I see a clear rise for improved man and a fall for amurdering God.

Do you see as the Jews do, Original Virtue, --- or asChristians do, Original Sin, or as I do with God bringing death to earth withOriginal Murder?

Regards
DL
Man.