Wearing a Mask

Lisa

Superstar
For people who feel like they are 'sticking it to the man' by not wearing one, that is how I feel when I DO wear one. Like I am doing something they don't want me to do.
Really?

Lisa

Superstar
Says the person who truly believes billionaire Donald trump is a good guy who has your best interests at heart lmafao
Haha, I never said that...but he did do some good for Americans..can’t fault that.

Cintra

Star
You’re doing something they don’t want you to do by wearing the mask. Maybe that’s a British thing?
Yes, that is exactly how I feel. Like now I have a reason to do a forbidden thing.

So far we haven't been told to wear masks.
They keep talking about it, but no one has been ordered yet.

When they do that is when I decide I don't want to wear one after all.

Cintra

Star
I very much like the anonymity aspect, and it stops people sneezing on the tinned goods, but I hate being told what to do.

rainerann

Star
“Masking a healthy person is exactly what we have been doing in a healthcare setting for a very long time.“
Of course, I never disputed that. It’s not an argument I’m making. But even healthcare workers and construction workers are permitted to take it off once in a while. You are not forced at gun point out of the blue. You are trained and understand what you are doing and who you are dealing with.

Maybe governors have to do a better job caring for the vulnerable living in closed quarters than the healthy merely passing by each other in public. My son pushes carts in the parking lot of a supermarket- he has to wear a mask his whole shift?

More than half of NJ deaths were in nursing homes, including COVID+ admits & readmits from the hospitals. Worst thing is keeping the vulnerable and the positive together in large numbers the way they did...
I see where you are coming from because I know each state is handling this differently. I don’t know how strictly they are enforcing this where you are.

however, assuming that people engaged in activity in the public are healthy, is not always accurate. A primary difference between someone who is vulnerable walking around and someone who is vulnerable in a nursing home is going to center around the subject of personal hygiene.

so one is not really more or less vulnerable in many cases. One is more able to brush their teeth regularly, shower regularly, and change their clothes regularly than the other.

one of the first things the nursing homes should have done to prevent so many deaths is get rid of the bathing schedule they put people on. Where I used to work, the number of times you bathed created a cost that was dependent on your level of assistance and frequency. So some of the people there were bathed once or twice a week. That should have been suspended the first day but then you would probably need to hire some more staff to accommodate this.

that is a major difference because the hospital population that often goes home suggests that there is a large number of people who are vulnerable according to a variety of conditions and you just never know. You can’t tell if someone is vulnerable just by looking at them most of the time, but everything to do with a mask is basically common sense. I think that is part of the reason the public volunteered to wear them before they were required. They are a fairly basic device that requires little training. They probably do give people some sense of independence since everything with this issue has been such a mess too.

things like driving in a car, people should know that they don’t need to wear one in a car and it would seem like they should be able to take them off regularly for breaks because you obviously can’t eat or drink with them on.

it does seem like they are effective too. There were a couple of people from Singapore in the comments of this blog post saying they were wearing them regularly and it was making a difference in reducing the numbers. The graph is also trending down still in New Jersey and still trending up in Florida for active cases.

Here are some graph links if you’re interested.

For the us, anything blue is a link to that states info and graphs are usually at the bottom.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
You must not have read this @justjess
Am I supposed to take vigilant as gospel now too? He never said I should. He would actually say differently if we’re being honest.

they said they were useless and I called Bullshit as soon as they did because there is no way they are useless for the average person but life saving for essential workers. Doesn’t make sense.

Lisa

Superstar
Am I supposed to take vigilant as gospel now too? He never said I should. He would actually say differently if were being honest.

they said they were useless and I called Bullshit as soon as they did because there is no way they are useless for the average person but life saving for essential workers. Doesn’t make sense.
You are on his site..

They are useless until they aren’t I guess...then they are very useful.

justjess

Superstar
You are on his site..

They are useless until they aren’t I guess...then they are very useful.
Being on his site means I have to think every word he says is gospel truth? He would disagree with that statement. And I know that for a fact. Your just a troll. Go bother someone else.

Lisa

Superstar
Being on his site means I have to think every word he says is gospel truth? He would disagree with that statement. And I know that for a fact. Your just a troll. Go bother someone else.
You like to question why I’m on this site sometimes...haha.

justjess

Superstar
You like to question why I’m on this site sometimes...haha.
Lisa, vigilant never said nor implied that you need o agree with him on everything to be on this site. I’ve been here atleast a decade and he’s never objected to my presence. Do you agree with vigilant on every thing? I highly doubt you do.

I question why your on this site because on every single subject you sound like you are parroting Fox News.

rainerann

Star
This article is one of the reasons I was supporting masks from the beginning too. When I first mentioned masks they were still being discouraged by the media, but I was still being told that I was listening to msm for suggesting this.

This msm article feigns that it is just a utter mystery why Japan didn’t end up with more cases of covid. Everyone is just scratching their heads trying to figure it out even though every single picture of Japan no matter where it was taken show everyone in the picture wearing a mask, but the concept of whether this has something to do with it, is completely excluded as a possibility.

hmm...main stream media doesn’t bring up the potential that a basic device that you can make out of an old tshirt might be beneficial in this situation. A mask is a natural remedy and it is not surprising to see the media downplay the potential they have.

justjess

Superstar
This article is one of the reasons I was supporting masks from the beginning too. When I first mentioned masks they were still being discouraged by the media, but I was still being told that I was listening to msm for suggesting this.

This msm article feigns that it is just a utter mystery why Japan didn’t end up with more cases of covid. Everyone is just scratching their heads trying to figure it out even though every single picture of Japan no matter where it was taken show everyone in the picture wearing a mask, but the concept of whether this has something to do with it, is completely excluded as a possibility.

hmm...main stream media doesn’t bring up the potential that a basic device that you can make out of an old tshirt might be beneficial in this situation. A mask is a natural remedy and it is not surprising to see the media downplay the potential they have.
My brother lived in japan for a while and only recently returned to the states when I called him about the masks he was like “Jess I lived in japan, I wore masks even before the corona, I’m good. Americans are idiots” end of/

I’ve been calling Bullshit on the mask thing for months. I can’t be a msm shill just because the msm only finally caught up to me lol. Venetian carnivals masks became a thing because of the plague for chrissakes. This is ancient knowledge we just have to keep relearning for some odd reason.

Lisa

Superstar
Venetian carnivals masks became a thing because of the plague for chrissakes. This is ancient knowledge we just have to keep relearning for some odd reason.
Really? How do they help with the plague?
1590184221409.jpeg

justjess

Superstar
You didn’t mention the beaked ones..just venetian masks..didn’t seem like that would work to me.
It’s not my fault that you are so completely ignorant of history that every single reference has to be explicitly spelled out for you. It is my fault that I keep forgetting this fact and am naive enough to think you’d butt out of my conversations with other people.