Wearing a Mask

And...no one is forcing you to read my post. See? it works both ways.

Anyway, this type of pathetic reaction just proves me even more right as of how low the argumentative level of some people this website is. Mess.
Thank you from proving my point. Have a nice day and say hi to my ignore list.
Yeah congratulations on not engaging with any of the arguments actually given in this thread, and instead entering a meta discussion on how you believe "the people" here should and should not think and act

justjess

Superstar
It costs me literally nothing to wear a mask when I go somewhere that I can’t mantain a decent amount of space from others. It takes less then a second to put on and while it may be a bit annoying it isn’t causing me harm.

for the amount of effort it requires if there’s even a 1% chance it will help then I’m going to do it. That doesn’t make me a sheep and if it does so be it. I’d rather be a curteous cautious sheep then a stubborn selfish lion. This should not be so controversial and it’s absurd to me that this is the hill people are choosing to die on. But whatever. No one is holding you at gunpoint making you wear it.

Last edited:
It costs me literally nothing to wear a mask when I go somewhere that I can’t mantain a decent amount of space from others. It takes less then a second to put on and while it may be a bit annoying it isn’t causing me harm.

for the amount of effort it requires if there’s even a 1% chance it will help then I’m going to do it. That doesn’t make me a sheep and if it does so be it. I’d rather be a curtesy cautious sheep then a stubborn selfish lion. This should not be so controversial and it’s absurd to me that this is the hill people are choosing to die on. But whatever. No one is holding you at gunpoint making you wear it.
Well nobody is saying that "nobody should ever wear masks", except of course for the CDC and the medical establishment 2 months ago. I don't think anyone, except the medical establishment 2 months ago, would care at all if you wear a mask, have at any time or will in the future. I think what people don't like is that it is in fact being made law in certain places that you do have to wear one. Not that its up to your discretion. And this change, taken along with many other forced changes in our society, are what make people uncertain about the motivations behind it.

Nobody said "science is fake". I said its founded on paradigm of belief and not equivalent with objective fact. That doesn't mean that math can't build bridges. In fact, the fact that it can only demonstrates the argument more strongly, because mathematics are a transcendental category of the mind and not empirically based.

Besides muh science was telling you 2 months ago that wearing masks is unnecessary , now muh science is saying its law. can you tell me what scientific data was discovered in that period to completely change all previous notions on the usefulness of masks?
Science is founded upon evidence. More evidence can change things.

And I don't care what science is telling me about the masks. The dismissal of science hurts us because it makes people think we're all crazy and when it comes to masks... Again, anonymity in a world where it's dying.

justjess

Superstar
Well nobody is saying that "nobody should ever wear masks", except of course for the CDC and the medical establishment 2 months ago. I don't think anyone, except the medical establishment 2 months ago, would care at all if you wear a mask, have at any time or will in the future. I think what people don't like is that it is in fact being made law in certain places that you do have to wear one. Not that its up to your discretion. And this change, taken along with many other forced changes in our society, are what make people uncertain about the motivations behind it.
They are saying you have to wear masks in stores and crowded areas. They also say you have to wear shirts and shoes in these same areas. Yet no one cries oppression. Go figure.

the cdc lied about the masks in their first statement. That should have been apparant and bluntly obvious to all. How are they necessary to save lives of medical staff but worthless for everyone else? Nope, sorry. Wasn’t buying it then and am not buying it now. Unfortunately most people missed that illogical situation and now think the first story was the correct story when it never was. And we still don’t have access to the masks we actually need.

Helioform

Star
They are saying you have to wear masks in stores and crowded areas. They also say you have to wear shirts and shoes in these same areas. Yet no one cries oppression. Go figure.
Lmao Come on wearing a mask is uncomfortable and makes you rebreathe your own carbon dioxide constantly. How can you even compare that with wearing clothes.

Science is founded upon evidence. More evidence can change things.

And I don't care what science is telling me about the masks. The dismissal of science hurts us because it makes people think we're all crazy and when it comes to masks... Again, anonymity in a world where it's dying.
It gives you anonymity among your peers but the cameras know exactly who you are bro. So does your google/apple phone, and your location tracker. The NYT published articles using the data they had from cellphone location trackers.

the cdc lied about the masks in their first statement. That should have been apparant and bluntly obvious to all. How are they necessary to save lives of medical staff but worthless for everyone else? Nope, sorry. Wasn’t buying it then and am not buying it now. Unfortunately most people missed that illogical situation and now think the first story was the correct story when it never was. And we still don’t have access to the masks we actually need.
No they didn't lie. That was the established view among the medical establishment. Those masks are used in a controlled medical setting. Not your mask that you wear every day with bacteria festering in it. It would be healthier to breath fresh air in almost all cases, unless you are literally working with someone who has the virus. Thats my belief but again anyone can wear a mask who wants to, just dont force others to. And yes the forced medical mandates are a slippery slope because I dont want to be forced to vaccination under the stupid logic that "you must be injected with the virus so you dont get the virus, and if you dont get one, mine wont work". I think the more choice and freedom people are given, the better! Don't let them start mandating things that you have to do. They shouldnt have even be able to mandate "lockdowns" where youre not allowed to go outside. If you dont want to go out, dont freaking go out! Why stop other people from doing so.

justjess

Superstar
Lmao Come on wearing a mask is uncomfortable and makes you rebreathe your own carbon dioxide constantly. How can you even compare that with wearing clothes.
Wearing a bra is far more uncomfortable. So are jeans and high heels. Maybe the problem is men aren’t used to be even remotely uncomfortable?

how long are you wearing a mask? An hour tops while in the grocery store? A shift if your in a position that requires it? There have been zero peer reviewed studies that claim the level of recirculated carbon dioxide that the average person would rebreathing has detrimental health effects. Zero.

If this was true all healthcare professionals and construction workers would be entirely screwed on a normal day.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
It gives you anonymity among your peers but the cameras know exactly who you are bro. So does your google/apple phone, and your location tracker. The NYT published articles using the data they had from cellphone location trackers.

No they didn't lie. That was the established view among the medical establishment. Those masks are used in a controlled medical setting. Not your mask that you wear every day with bacteria festering in it. It would be healthier to breath fresh air in almost all cases, unless you are literally working with someone who has the virus. Thats my belief but again anyone can wear a mask who wants to, just dont force others to. And yes the forced medical mandates are a slippery slope because I dont want to be forced to vaccination under the stupid logic that "you must be injected with the virus so you dont get the virus, and if you dont get one, mine wont work". I think the more choice and freedom people are given, the better! Don't let them start mandating things that you have to do. They shouldnt have even be able to mandate "lockdowns" where youre not allowed to go outside. If you dont want to go out, dont freaking go out! Why stop other people from doing so.
They never stopped people from going outside. That didn’t happen. Atleast not in america. I’ve been going outside every single day. No one has stopped me or tried to stop me and I know the cops in this town, their station is right down the street - if I wasn’t allowed outside I would know it and I definately would have heard it from them.

you are being required to wear masks in business establishments. Which also require shirts and shoes and sometimes coats and ties because they are business establishments which can require what they want. If what they want is to reduce their amount of liability as per their employees then it is what it is. Don’t go there. Get curbside. Get deliveries. Whatever.

the flip side of this is I can’t require my clients to wear a mask and I can’t wear a mask because they don’t want me to so I’m experiencing the exact opposite of what your complaining about.

has

Rookie

THIS!
If the mask were a concerted OP to control population using fear they would be widely available and distributed. Regarding the overall scarcity of masks availability, the whole mask-erade aiming to kill us all narrative really doesn't add up at all...
But again people will pick and choose elements to fit their binary narrative : "oh THIS doctor said masks weren't useful so let's totally dismiss how a bunch of others said they actuallly were, along with the fact that Asian countries such as Taiwan Korea or Singapore brilliantly managed to refrain the propagation of the virus through WIDESPREAD MASK WEARING"

Masks are still desperately lacking in my country as well. My government told us masks weren't useful at the beginning of the crisis because they didn't have any stock left to cover enough of the population. This decision was absolutely not motivated by genuine scientific back up. They lied because they were caught naked. It's not a conspiracy, just 'amateurism'. There's even been a scandal when medias revealed that MILLIONS of masks had been DESTROYED in March when the threat of the COVID-19 was already at door. If anything, if there would be a conspiracy, it's that the government purposely destroyed the masks to expose the population to the virus and kill the population..... In other words : an ANTI mask conspiracy.

I consider myself lucky cause my job provide disposable masks for work but for those not having this privilege have to BUY them from their very pocket and they ain't cheap... Again, if the whole mask wearing agenda to kill us was real wouldn't they be available at very low/competitive price at every corner...?

Sure masks are pretty uncomfortable but it's important to remind people it's being asked to wear them on specific places and MOMENTARILY. You won't die of carbon dioxide intoxication for wearing a mask 15 min while doing groceries...
And no one is putting a gun on your head to wear it 24/7 so I don't get where the "oppression" is coming from... Some people are just desperate to act like victims for whatever reason...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

A.J.

Star
At the risk of sounding snowflakey ...

Ive come across many that are very adversely affected by wearing a mask, including at their workplace, for a good 6-8 hrs a clip. Fear, tension and frustration has heightened in relation to mask wearing, even resulting in greater retreats from society. I’m not complaining, Im just trying to make sense of the flip flopping and hoping this is not part of a movement to drag this out and exacerbate the effects, response and ultimate solution. If that’s the case, so be it. But there’s more than one way to suffer and I’ve witnessed it taking on various forms.

In addition, to quote VC’s article,
“they can be difficult to breathe through and can prevent you from getting the required amount of oxygen needed by your body“

PS. Let’s try to be tolerant of each other’s virtual signaling, lol.... I thought my sheep response was warranted in response to the emotionally charged first response.... that’s usually not my style.

I don’t agree with masking the healthy and if more than 99% of the population will be virtually unaffected, not requiring treatment or hospitalization, we may have to be a bit more comprehensive in our approach.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Again, the flip side is there are many of us going off to work who would like to wear a mask and can’t. So it goes both ways here.

did you know there was an anti mask league in 1919? I found that quite interesting. History just keeps on repeating itself because Apparantly the human race has the collective attention span of a two year old.

Aero

Superstar
I've said before if people think the mask will work, I will wear them out of courtesy.

The mask I work in is super easy to breathe through, but I know the reality is it won't do anything if someone coughs near me. And if I had a coughing fit, I'm smart enough not to cough in the open air anyway. In this sense, I'm only wearing it out of courtesy. My point is, I'm not going to pretend to be some kind of hero here. Nor can I encourage everyone to wear a mask when I don't believe in it.

justjess

Superstar
True story: my kid/client sneezed and coughed all over me today. He’s got no mask, Ive got no mask, they fill out a survey about sneezing and coughing before I walk in everyday but fuck it right? What you gonna do?

1.) It also gives me anonymity to on the ground police. And CCTV cameras, depending on how dated they are.

2.) You're assuming that if I'm doing anything I wouldn't want to be tracked I'd have a phone that isn't a burner. If I'd even have a phone at all.

justjess

Superstar
1.) It also gives me anonymity to on the ground police. And CCTV cameras, depending on how dated they are.

2.) You're assuming that if I'm doing anything I wouldn't want to be tracked I'd have a phone that isn't a burner. If I'd even have a phone at all.
Lots easier to Rob a bank when everyone’s walking around with masks and gloves. When they open the lobbies back up atleast

Helioform

Star
There have been zero peer reviewed studies that claim the level of recirculated carbon dioxide that the average person wouldbe rebeeathing has detrimental health effects. Zero. If this was true all healthcare professionals and construction workers would be entirely screwed on a normal day.
ZERO?

justjess

Superstar
ZERO?

Then why don’t healthcare professionals and construction workers who wear these masks as a normal part of business on a day to day prior to this pandemic have issues from wearing them?

Would be fantastic if I could actually read the study you linked rather then just the abstract. As it stands it doesn’t state which type of respiratory device and it doesn’t claim long term negative effects, temporary and short lived fatigue and headaches. If you have a link I can actually read I will be happy to do so. In the interim I will try to see if my college has a subscription to pub med.

justjess

Superstar
I just searched this five different ways in pub med and it does not come up. Not even with the DOI

have you personally read this article?

I searched the title, the keywords, the doi, the authors... nada.

Not a single article from either of the first two authors, and the third author has a bunch of articles but his area of research appears to be severe depression.

I even thought maybe I can’t access that specific journal.. but the journal comes up.

Last edited: