We Are Living In The Beginning Stages Of Revelation

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'm not saying it isn't possible but every generation since the founding of the Church has pretty much believed that....
Perhaps it might be interesting to consider the diagnostic things that Jesus points out and see if they resonate with world events?

Matthew 24

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Haich

Superstar
I do believe we're entering the end of times. The extent of corruption on this earth hasn't reached this extent in past times. We're becoming a people who embrace sin and advocate everything God warned us about.

Regardless of faith anyone who genuinely believes in the afterlife and God knows the tensions in the Middle East and the current decay of society is bringing way to the uprising of the anti christ. The messiah (Jesus) might come in my or my child's lifetime...

Todd

Star
Perhaps it might be interesting to consider the diagnostic things that Jesus points out and see if they resonate with world events?

Matthew 24

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Yep all those things were happening in the first century and every century since then!

Etagloc

Superstar
In my ancestors' days, you had the Aztec empire oppressing the other tribes and practicing human sacrifice.

It's true evil dictatorships are not new. And demonic dictatorships are not new.

But if you wanted to avoid being a victim of Aztec cannibalism, it would have not have been that hard. The Aztecs could not put a chip inside your skin that would tell them your exact location. They didn't even have your photograph. They didn't even have your fingerprints. They didn't have access to your text messages. They didn't have your social security number. They didn't have your Facebook friend list and messages. They didn't even security cameras, much less an entire massive Orwellian surveillance sysem. They didn't have your smart phone information telling them your every move and recording everything about you. Suppose they decided to take away your right to own spears. How would they even implement that? I'm sure they probably had some primitive forms of social engineering, propaganda and surveillance but they would have been a joke compared to what we're used to. They couldn't have implemented the Antichrist system even if they wanted to. Things were not as centralized back then. They expected tribute from the other tribes but the other tribes kept their autonomy.

The technologization and centralization are prerequisites before the Antichrist system can be established. And now they exist on levels never seen before. And the elites are blatantly attempting to build the Antichrist system. They're not even trying to hide it. They're openly trying to do it right in front of us, implicitly mocking us like "what are you gonna do about it?". Because we know and they know the answer is nothing. It's not going to be that long before they're killing Christians and telling us to accept chips on our foreheads. It's like they looked at the book of Revelation as an instruction manual. Unless we all turn into a bunch of revolutionaries, the Antichrist system will be implemented. And we're not going to all turn into a bunch of revolutionaries. Would people rather actually set off the revolution or stare at their phone screens? You could shove everyone into concentration camps. Just let them stare at their phones and they'll be perfectly cool with it, taking selfies in the gas chambers. I won't even want to look at the Christians because I'll be so ashamed. Today's Christianity is part of the problem. Today's Christians are not warriors like King David. They're not about to go conquer entire continents. They're not even going to chase some money-changers out of a temple. They're a bunch of pansies who want to convince you- and themselves- that their pansiness is a form of enlightenment. At least the Muslims will put up some resistance.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
With the greatest respect...

IF the Church is raptured, leaving behind those who just liked going to meetings, many Muslims who are unwilling to worship man as God may realise that Jesus was in fact the Messiah and might indeed be likely to resist the Antichrist. I am pre trib in my outlook and I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go into the 'time of Jacob's Trouble', but everyone has choice.

Revelation describes Tribulation saints who refuse to take the Mark...

With the greatest respect...

IF the Church is raptured, leaving behind those who just liked going to meetings, many Muslims who are unwilling to worship man as God may realise that Jesus was in fact the Messiah and might indeed be likely to resist the Antichrist. I am pre trib in my outlook and I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go into the 'time of Jacob's Trouble', but everyone has choice.

Revelation describes Tribulation saints who refuse to take the Mark...
Not to interrupt your convo Red Sky but just to make a clarification, Muslims do realize that Jesus is the Messiah who will kill the Anti Christ.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Not to interrupt your convo Red Sky but just to make a clarification, Muslims do realize that Jesus is the Messiah who will kill the Anti Christ.
Interesting - I guess it is a question of what Messiah means. I think that Muslims are for the most part willing to stand up for what they believe more forcefully than many Christians, and whilst I disagree with their message I admire their commitment to it.

Thunderian

Superstar
Today's Christians are not warriors like King David. They're not about to go conquer entire continents.
Christians are not called to do this, so that might be part of it. What would be the point of conquering continents? To spread Jesus Christ's name? That's not how we are told to do that.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Christians are not called to do this, so that might be part of it. What would be the point of conquering continents? To spread Jesus Christ's name? That's not how we are told to do that.
I agree here - the Gospel has always been about free will. There have never been any 'Christian Countries', the whole notion is absent from the NT, just free choice of individuals. The Crusades were just the misguided political use of Christianity for territorial gain and have left a scar many hundred years deep in the relationship of Christians to the world. This is why ISIS like to invoke the 'Crusaders' as the enemy.

Etagloc

Superstar
@Thunderian if you're gonna debate me, I don't think it's cool to take a piece of my words out of my context, misrepresent my meaning then attack the misrepresentation. If you read my whole post, my meaning was totally different.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Thunderian if you're gonna debate me, I don't think it's cool to take a piece of my words out of my context, misrepresent my meaning then attack the misrepresentation. If you read my whole post, my meaning was totally different.
I think the issue here is that perhaps you generalised from perhaps a "Laodicean" group of Christians you may have encountered and forgot Christians in other parts of the world who are some of the bravest people alive. I am honoured to call the Coptic Christians, the underground church in China and the simple believers kneeling at the feet of IS butchers my brothers and sisters, and would want to live my life is such a way as one day not to be ashamed in their company.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I know there are all sorts of channels out there that report prophecy related news but if anyone was interested in a 'Big Picture' one that just gave weekly updates from current global events, I follow the one linked below...

Etagloc

Superstar
Please explain your meaning, Etagloc, because it looks like you're calling Christians pansies because they aren't violently opposing the enemies of God and taking over the world in his name. Did I get that wrong?
You're not paying attention to what I wrote. If you don't get what I wrote, I'm not going to explain it. All you're doing is twisting my words and going off their worst possible interpretation, as though you're more concerned about trying to win an argument than actually understanding what I said.

And the elites are blatantly attempting to build the Antichrist system. They're not even trying to hide it. They're openly trying to do it right in front of us, implicitly mocking us like "what are you gonna do about it?". Because we know and they know the answer is nothing. It's not going to be that long before they're killing Christians and telling us to accept chips on our foreheads. It's like they looked at the book of Revelation as an instruction manual. Unless we all turn into a bunch of revolutionaries, the Antichrist system will be implemented. And we're not going to all turn into a bunch of revolutionaries. Would people rather actually set off the revolution or stare at their phone screens? You could shove everyone into concentration camps. Just let them stare at their phones and they'll be perfectly cool with it, taking selfies in the gas chambers. I won't even want to look at the Christians because I'll be so ashamed. Today's Christianity is part of the problem. Today's Christians are not warriors like King David. They're not about to go conquer entire continents. They're not even going to chase some money-changers out of a temple. They're a bunch of pansies who want to convince you- and themselves- that their pansiness is a form of enlightenment. At least the Muslims will put up some resistance.

Etagloc

Superstar
Please explain your meaning, Etagloc, because it looks like you're calling Christians pansies because they aren't violently opposing the enemies of God and taking over the world in his name. Did I get that wrong?
If you're gonna quote me, quote that whole section. Don't just take two sentences out of context and try to twist what I said. Read the whole thing.

Bro the beginning stages have already happened

Look at the 4 horsemen, the first 3 we've seen in this world in major ways

First Horseman=The entire age of European/christian colonialism (and all of this is the process of establishing end times ROME..notice these countries were all former roman colonies ie they are Rome).
Second Horseman=the world wars, when these nations fought one another
Third Horseman=the Age of capitalism

read them here
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+6

The 4th horseman is the period we're gradually shifting into...

Also mystery babylon is already here..it's the jews.