Transgender Woman Sues After Muslim Refuses Body Waxing Service

justjess

Superstar
Jess we get it you love trans people and they are infallible.
Nice straw man!

My opinion on this has nothing to do with trans issues whatsoever, you don’t even know my opinion on trans issues actually since it isn’t something I am even interested in or talk about.

My opinion on this has to do with what my experience of shitty business owners has been, and how I see them skirting rules regulations and laws constantly.

I literally have no reason to believe the owner over the customer here. Sorry.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Nice straw man!

My opinion on this has nothing to do with trans issues whatsoever, you don’t even know my opinion on trans issues actually since it isn’t something I am even interested in or talk about.

My opinion on this has to do with what my experience of shitty business owners has been, and how I see them skirting rules regulations and laws constantly.

I literally have no reason to believe the owner over the customer here. Sorry.
Again, the owner has made public statements and been available directly to the media. The owners comments have remained consistent thus far. The accuser hides their identity, changes their story, admits their goal was to start a "media storm" and is now shielded by a lawyer whom refuses to comment on the situation.....

Thunderian

Superstar
The problem isn’t the Muslim woman not providing the service, it’s the business handling it incompetently imo. All they had to say is the person who does this is out sick they will be back wednesday can we schedule you for then. End of story.
All they had to say was that they don't wax male genitalia, and they did say that.

For some reason they also said that the only person who was in to do waxing that day was Muslim and would not work on males.

Is it your contention that a transexual woman is not a male?

rainerann

Star
If the guy asks for a Brazilian wax, then this location is never going to be able to provide this service, so explaining why to the customer should not be the issue.

The service that was requested exceeded what the location provided on an average day, so this was explained.

Deciding to still request other waxing services could also not be provided at the time of inquiry because the employee was a Muslim woman who did not wax transgender woman because of religious beliefs. Those were the options and services available to a transgender woman at that location that were explained by the business owner, which is a professional way to address the issue as well in a diverse community.

Overall, I am surprised that this is such an issue and that this customer didn’t have more understanding towards the facility considering they are not a woman. They are a transgender woman who probably still has a penis.

Some women in general feel uncomfortable with this, which is evidenced by the fact that the business does not do Brazilian wax for transgender customers.

Especially when we consider the subject of diversity, we need to respect other people’s boundaries. Too often people seem to equate diversity with using a battering ram on other people’s boundaries.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Ahh so your bias comes from your experience with business owners I see now. I don't really buy it though, I know your type and you are infuriated this MAN didn't get HIS way. Anyone who can read in between the lines of your posts can tell how you really feel.
Feminists shun me because I’m considered transphobic. Now you people shun me because I’m not automatically going against the trans person. Can’t win for nothing, huh? You don’t know me, don’t pretend to. I’m honest to a fault though, so what I say is my issue you can be certain is my issue.

I’m tired of business owners who skirt rules and regulations and laws and then play it off like they don’t. Im tired of people being insulting and rude and then acting like they don’t know why there’s backlash.

Unless one of these people recorded the conversation neither one can be believed at their word. But I am VERY curious what transpired that made this person sue for releasing their personal info on the internet and it seems like everyone else is just brushing past that like it’s no big deal.

Giving a negative review about a business which is a public entity on the internet is one thing. Attacking and outing a private citizen is quite another and I would think that distinction should be easy enough to see. And that seems to be what the lawsuit is arising from, at first the customer was fine posting their rant and moving on.

Thunderian

Superstar
Feminists shun me because I’m considered transphobic. Now you people shun me because I’m not automatically going against the trans person. Can’t win for nothing, huh? You don’t know me, don’t pretend to. I’m honest to a fault though, so what I say is my issue you can be certain is my issue.

I’m tired of business owners who skirt rules and regulations and laws and then play it off like they don’t. Im tired of people being insulting and rude and then acting like they don’t know why there’s backlash.

Unless one of these people recorded the conversation neither one can be believed at their word. But I am VERY curious what transpired that made this person sue for releasing their personal info on the internet and it seems like everyone else is just brushing past that like it’s no big deal.

Giving a negative review about a business which is a public entity on the internet is one thing. Attacking and outing a private citizen is quite another and I would think that distinction should be easy enough to see. And that seems to be what the lawsuit is arising from, at first the customer was fine posting their rant and moving on.
No one is shunning you, but you're ignoring some key aspects of this issue to make it seem like the transexual is somehow in the right here.

The spa doesn't wax male genitals, no matter who they're attached to.

The spa didn't go public with the name of the transsexual until SHE publicly defamed them.

With those two things in mind, it's more likely the transsexual had an agenda from the get-go.

TonyVanDam

Established
Whatever happened to “We reserve the RIGHT to refuse service for any reason”?

These freaks of nature are only trying to push people’s religious boundaries to FORCE them to do what they know is contrary to the person’s religious and moral convictions.

As someone else said, the thing could have made an appointment with the person who was willing to do it, but as the Bible says, these “people”(I use the term loosely) are implacable.

Here’s an easy verdict:

Throw this tort lawsuit out the window & tell the guy to take off his skirt and be a man about it.
You didn't get the memo. Refusing to sell services to a capable buying customer counts as a civil rights violation.

mecca

Superstar
The spa didn't go public with the name of the transsexual until SHE publicly defamed them.
People defame businesses all the time online, everyone complains when they don't get good service... but the company usually doesn't expose that person and all their personal information to the media.

Violette

Star
People defame businesses all the time online, everyone complains when they don't get good service... but the company usually doesn't expose that person and all their personal information to the media.
When was her personal info exposed? All the articles I’ve read don’t name her.

justjess

Superstar
No one is shunning you, but you're ignoring some key aspects of this issue to make it seem like the transexual is somehow in the right here.

The spa doesn't wax male genitals, no matter who they're attached to.

With those two things in mind, it's more likely the transsexual had an agenda from the get-go.
The spa does wax male genitals, the person who usually does it just wasn’t there. The person didn’t ask for their balls to be waxed, they asked for a leg waxing.. I’ve gotten my legs waxed, no vagina involved. Writing a bad review is commonplace, retaliation by the business however is not especially not in a way that basically DDOS them which is how this sounds to have happened.

justjess

Superstar
My husband is a convicted felon. It is illegal to refuse to hire someone over that fact alone. If I were to record every company he’s spoken with trying to get a job that has told him no we don’t hire felons and then post that online - yes it would be a agenda but no I wouldn’t be in the wrong.

And that isn’t even what happened here. The person was pissed have a bad review and was retaliated against in a discriminatory manner. I’m not the one flossing facts. All they had to do was offer an appointment when the staff who does it returns OR leave the bad review alone. They did neither. Their own actions got them in this pickle and your swallowing their PR no questions asked.

elsbet

Superstar
Whatever happened to “We reserve the RIGHT to refuse service for any reason”?
It was outlawed before 'Nam.
I do NOT think this guy has the right to force anyone wax his nether regions, but dehumanizing him is wrong. His behavior, even assuming the worst, is entirely human.

Thunderian

Superstar
@justjess, you don't know anything about this case.

The spa does wax male genitals, the person who usually does it just wasn’t there.
Wrong.

Jason Carruthers, the president of Mad Wax on Walker Road, said he was surprised at the legal move since he had explained to the complainant that the spa did not offer Brazilian wax services on male body parts.​
“I have no male wax staff,” Carruthers said Friday. “We are not able to provide that service.”​
“When we’ve been asked about a male Brazilian wax in the past we tell them we’re not able to provide that service and they move on,” Carruthers said. ”It’s never been a issue.”​

Writing a bad review is commonplace, retaliation by the business however is not especially not in a way that basically DDOS them which is how this sounds to have happened.
Wrong again.

Carruthers said he decided to go public with the issue because of a derogatory video about his business that was posted online and threats from the complainant to create “a media circus.”​

elsbet

Superstar
If she has a case, and her name has been publicized to the point where she can seek damages, then why don't you tell us what her name is?
If this guy made a complaint on the business's profile, using his real name, isn't he legally fair game? Fair game wouldn't even be the proper term really, since he would have already outed himself. Hypothetically speaking anyway.

Thunderian

Superstar
If this guy made a complaint on the business's profile, using his real name, isn't he legally fair game? Fair game wouldn't even be the proper term really, since he would have already outed himself. Hypothetically speaking anyway.
I believe that someone can make an anonymous complaint to the human rights commission, but if someone is making false accusations against a business, I don't feel they deserve a right to privacy.

Trenton

Veteran
Another thing I think about when I read stories like this one, people act like a job at a business means you've signed a contract wherein your obligated to provide service to the nth degree or there is penalty of death

I understand there are laws around business and such, but there's a human element behind all services. And unless it's completely hostile or unreasonable, there needs to be some forgiveness in these exchanges.

People always act so damn entitled in this world. Life's full of disappointments, but there's always options around every corner. I don't thing litigation is the only one.