Transgender Woman Sues After Muslim Refuses Body Waxing Service

mecca

Superstar
If the Muslim woman only wants to perform the waxing services on biological females, I cant fault her.
Yeah I get that, some women might not want to wax males... but the company should have the available employees on hand for any customer that walks in. If the company is willing to hire people that don't want to wax everyone, they should make sure that these employees aren't the only ones available. It seems like this story is the result of bad timing, if the other employee who would have been able to wax the trans woman had not been on leave, the trans woman could have been waxed like normal.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
How about, you know, shaving your legs?

That aside, you can trust only thunderian to post an article about two women and their waxing issues.
Did you read the article? One of those women is a man.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Yeah I get that, some women might not want to wax males... but the company should have the available employees on hand for any customer that walks in. If the company is willing to hire people that don't want to wax everyone, they should make sure that these employees aren't the only ones available. It seems like this story is the result of bad timing, if the other employee who would have been able to wax the trans woman had not been on leave, the trans woman could have been waxed like normal.
I think the main issue here is a man trying to play himself off as a female and getting called out on it by the employee. The company may not have ever considered this situation would arise.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Idk Vytas... this seems like the cat / buttered toast enigma to me.

Brilliant analogy. I couldn't begin to guess who will win here. Unless they can somehow blame a Christian for something, and find in favour of the transexual and the Muslim.

I do feel like the transwoman might have a slight edge, because gender issues are so hot right now. But the current political administration in Canada has shown itself to be aggressively attentive to the prevention of any insult being offered to Muslims, so again, it's a wash. That's what makes this so fascinating. We're through the looking glass here, as far as inclusivity and diversity go.

elsbet

Superstar
Well, the article said that the person who would be able to do it was out on leave. They should have just rescheduled the appointment, I feel like the transgender person was overreacting. But I do think it's weird that this Muslim woman works in a waxing shop in the first place if she doesn't even want to wax people.
It's probably a shop that takes walk-ins (no appointment necessary).

If the Muslim woman only wants to perform the waxing services on biological females, I cant fault her. Its not her job to accommodate someone else's psychosis in her professional capacity, especially a man who wants to have her engage in his most private bodily areas.
Remember guys that they are running a business here and the aim is to make money.This story now made headlines for no reason and it’s going to affect their business and also the Muslim lady.They could’ve made arrangements to accommodate both the customer and the Muslim lady’s religious purposes.Now watch how society is going to attack the Muslim.Smh.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Remember guys that they are running a business here and the aim is to make money.This story now made headlines for no reason and it’s going to affect their business and also the Muslim lady.They could’ve made arrangements to accommodate both the customer and the Muslim lady’s religious purposes.Now watch how society is going to attack the Muslim.Smh.
They could see an increase in biz as Chick-Filet did as well though........

Thunderian

Superstar
I feel like this is the company's fault. If they allowed this trans woman to book an appointment when no one was even there to wax her, it's their fault for not providing the service they said they would provide. Also apparently they exposed her name and identity to the media, which seems like a privacy violation.
I found another couple of articles about this. Here they say that this transexual called the beauty spa and specifically requested an appointment for a full body waxing for a transgender woman. The spa said they don't do waxing on male genitalia -- ever -- and that the only person who was doing any waxing that day did not do work on males because she is a practising Muslim. The transexual proceeded to attack the salon on social media, and threatened the owner with negative media attention.

So this was a setup.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I found another couple of articles about this. Here they say that this transexual called the beauty spa and specifically requested an appointment for a full body waxing for a transgender woman. The spa said they don't do waxing on male genitalia -- ever -- and that the only person who was doing any waxing that day did not do work on males because she is a practising Muslim. The transexual proceeded to attack the salon on social media, and threatened the owner with negative media attention.

So this was a setup.
Thundo coming through with the research!

Thunderian

Superstar
In all seriousness, I am on the side of the Muslim woman here. The shop owner said almost all of the clientele is female, and clearly they are fine with accommodating her wishes to not work on men. Because that's what regular folks do -- they get along with each other. I am sure that if this transexual really wanted to get a manzilian, and not cause a human rights ruckus, she would have just called the next spa on the list.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
In all seriousness, I am on the side of the Muslim woman here. The shop owner said almost all of the clientele is female, and clearly they are fine with accommodating her wishes to not work on men. Because that's what regular folks do -- they get along with each other. I am sure that if this transexual really wanted to get a manzilian, and not cause a human rights ruckus, she would have just called the next spa on the list.
I also noticed this in the article link you provided.....
"The complainant referred questions to her Toronto lawyer, Megan Evans Maxwell.
“There’s not much I can say right now because the matter is before the tribunal,” Maxwell said."
If wannabe Lisa Bloom here is essentially taking the lawyers version of court-of-public-opinions "No comment" you know their case is on shaky ground.

elsbet

Superstar
Brilliant analogy. I couldn't begin to guess who will win here. Unless they can somehow blame a Christian for something, and find in favour of the transexual and the Muslim.

I do feel like the transwoman might have a slight edge, because gender issues are so hot right now. But the current political administration in Canada has shown itself to be aggressively attentive to the prevention of any insult being offered to Muslims, so again, it's a wash. That's what makes this so fascinating. We're through the looking glass here, as far as inclusivity and diversity go.

haha! First thing that came to mind. :D
And no.. I can't imagine who would win, either, if this is a true story.

elsbet

Superstar

So this was a setup.
Very much so. But why did the owner throw the Muslim woman in there when he already said No. He could have said we can provide "xyz service" on Wednesday, if that works.
Eh.. I shrug.

justjess

Superstar

So this was a setup.
Or this was a person looking for a basic service who got rightfully pissed it was denied to HER, because they said she was a male which in itself is against the law I believe and certainly if not illegal still insulting. You honestly have no idea if the person went elsewhere to get the service and still complained which is 100% in the realm of possibility. Complaining about businesses on the internet is not a crime and is pretty damn commonplace. If the business responded in such a way as to further provoke rather than smooth things over they are stupid ass business people who probably shouldn’t be running a business at all.

If you want to discriminate there are ways to do so without being so obvious about it. If your being so damn obvious about it regardless maybe it’s the business owner with the damn agenda instead.