The egg and God

No Muslim will say the Qur’an is the “rest of the story” to the New Testament. The New Testament’s theology doesn’t sit well with the Qur’an at all. Just like the New Testament’s theology won’t sit well with the Old Testament theology.

The New Testament versions themselves are testament enough to it’s meddling by the lying pen of the scribes.

Anyway, good to ready you KoncreteMind
By "rest of the story" I meant as a means of correction. I.e. "they got it wrong and now we'll bring the right way". Christianity did it in the place of the Torah, and the quran did in regards to both christianity and the Torah. If I remember correctly the Quran says both groups went astray in regards to what was given them? Specifically christianity with how they attributed God with having a son?

EpistemiX

Established
Yes, God does not beget, not was He begotten. This is true.

What you may find is in the Qur’an we have verses such as: "Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians—whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69, and many other verses).

The Qur’an is a beautiful revelation from God Almighty!

God bless

EpistemiX

Established
But why are muslims killing christians all around the world?
Let’s expand your echo chamber a little. If you scratch a little deeper into world events, you will find everyone is killing everyone. Regardless of religion. Christians are hardly flavour of the month when it comes to murder, genocide etc. So let’s not pretend that your faith group doesn’t have blood on its hands either... anyway, that’s another thread. And before this thread goes totally off track - I just want to interject a profound thought for you to ponder. While we continue to bicker between us as Muslim and Christian, the secular forces around the world smile inwardly and rub their hands together in morbid anticipation. Think about that!

God bless!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Let’s expand your echo chamber a little. If you scratch a little deeper into world events, you will find everyone is killing everyone. Regardless of religion. Christians are hardly flavour of the month when it comes to murder, genocide etc. So let’s not pretend that your faith group doesn’t have blood on its hands either... anyway, that’s another thread. And before this thread goes totally off track - I just want to interject a profound thought for you to ponder. While we continue to bicker between us as Muslim and Christian, the secular forces around the world smile inwardly and rub their hands together in morbid anticipation. Think about that!

God bless!
Interesting observations @EpistemiX

There is a gap between what is done in the name of a particular belief or ideology and what the idea itself promotes. Into that gap, the ambitions of evil men step and seek to use widely accepted ideas in a particular culture to legitimise a course of action.

It is for those who know and understand a religion the best, (and that is often those within it) to look at the message it teaches it’s clear minded followers, and for them to consider if the actions some do in it’s name truly flow from that faith or from a twisting of it.

I cannot comment on Islam from an “insider” understanding but some of it’s statements (perhaps out of context and wider understanding) are worrisome to me.

What I can see and will readily admit to is that through the centuries, particular Christian theological equivalents of Wahhabism have gained political clout and been used by politically minded people to inflict Christianity and imperialism on other nations. I can’t help reflect on the use of scriptural “precedents” for ills such as the crusades, subjugation of First Nation people, Hitler misdirecting the German church and more. It does no harm to work through wickedness perpetrated by men in the name of your faith to help understand the true message.

But why are muslims killing christians all around the world?
stop exaggerating, there are isolated examples of bigotry among Muslims but they pale in comparison to the crusade against muslims, backed by the US government.

Christians and Jews lived in muslim lands for well over a thousand yrs. When did muslims start living in christian lands? only after they turned secular and even then it's taken centuries and a post-colonial context. Christians have NEVER accommodated any religious group.

Tidal

Star
Tidal asked- But why are muslims killing christians all around the world?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same question to you
Christians don't fly airliners into buildings to kill innocent office workers, we only attack terrorists, spot the difference?.. :p

PS- muslims even kill each other such as Sunni vs Shiite, what for?

Tidal

Star
..And before this thread goes totally off track - I just want to interject a profound thought for you to ponder. While we continue to bicker between us as Muslim and Christian, the secular forces around the world smile inwardly and rub their hands together in morbid anticipation. Think about that!

Well if muslims stopped doing terrorist stuff we wouldn't have to keep defending ourselves against them.. :p

illuminatimess

Veteran
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christians don't fly airliners into buildings to kill innocent office workers, we only attack terrorists, spot the difference?.. :p

Thirty Years War?

Weird that you don’t agree with the official narratives in general, except when it comes to Islam and 911. Bias

Sworn statements filed in federal court allege that Blackwater founder Erik Prince launched a “crusade” to eliminate Muslims and Islam.

The former employee also alleges that Prince “views himself as a Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe,” and that Prince’s companies “encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life.”

To that end, Mr. Prince intentionally deployed to Iraq certain men who shared his vision of Christian supremacy, knowing and wanting these men to take every available opportunity to murder Iraqis. Many of these men used call signs based on the Knights of the Templar, the warriors who fought the Crusades.
Mr. Prince operated his companies in a manner that encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life. For example, Mr. Prince’s executives would openly speak about going over to Iraq to “lay Hajiis out on cardboard.” Going to Iraq to shoot and kill Iraqis was viewed as a sport or game. Mr. Prince’s employees openly and consistently used racist and derogatory terms for Iraqis and other Arabs, such as “ragheads” or “hajiis.”

organised massacre, thats what happened in iraq. that wasnt 'killing terrorists' at all. iraq wasnt attacking america.
do you want to talk about civilian deaths?

very convenient,. did muslims plant the thermite in the towers too?

these fake christians always gotta lie and bend the truth. they're only kidding themselves. acting like 9/11 wasnt an inside job when its clear knowledge.

EpistemiX

Established

You’re one those CNN Christians, well, jolly for you.

Tell me, do you get kicks out of stereotyping other faiths on your “holy” days?

EpistemiX

Established
Interesting observations @EpistemiX

There is a gap between what is done in the name of a particular belief or ideology and what the idea itself promotes. Into that gap, the ambitions of evil men step and seek to use widely accepted ideas in a particular culture to legitimise a course of action.

It is for those who know and understand a religion the best, (and that is often those within it) to look at the message it teaches it’s clear minded followers, and for them to consider if the actions some do in it’s name truly flow from that faith or from a twisting of it.

I cannot comment on Islam from an “insider” understanding but some of it’s statements (perhaps out of context and wider understanding) are worrisome to me.

What I can see and will readily admit to is that through the centuries, particular Christian theological equivalents of Wahhabism have gained political clout and been used by politically minded people to inflict Christianity and imperialism on other nations. I can’t help reflect on the use of scriptural “precedents” for ills such as the crusades, subjugation of First Nation people, Hitler misdirecting the German church and more. It does no harm to work through wickedness perpetrated by men in the name of your faith to help understand the true message.
Your nuance is making me warm to you. Thank you for entertaining my “profound” thought.

God bless

Tidal

Star
You’re one those CNN Christians, well, jolly for you.
Tell me, do you get kicks out of stereotyping other faiths on your “holy” days?

there are only two types of faiths in God's eyes, those who accept Jesus, and all the others that don't.. :p
Incidentally what exactly did Jesus say that made muslims reject him?