The best religion to follow:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Gnosticism really is the best and most inclusive religion. It provides a concrete path to the afterlife should you choose to take that path. Plus we love other religions, we love atheists even. We want you to be exploring and sharing your spirit so that we may also learn from your learning. Of course, everything has risks though.

The Illuminati isn't the most scorned or anything. But we might be the most unforgiving. So If I'm out there being someones spirit guide and they burn me even a little bit, I'll roast them. Hands down I would roast them and grab some sharp knives. See? It's simple, don't burn peoples spirit.
Gnosticism is one of the earliest forms of Christianity, at least I thought so. Am I correct?

Valerian

Rookie
I am interested - if you are not an atheist, that infers that you have a concept of God (or gods)

Do you have some sort of theology that helps you understand this? Does God have particular characteristics or is he just a reflection of our own? Is he a personality or a force? Is he holy, dualistic or evil?

I would be intrigued to hear your perspective...
I dont operate under faith. Experiencing the other dimension and the species that lives in there with my own senses - faith gets thrown out the window.

You can't be in contact with demons, (whom arent all evil might i add), and not think something larger created all this.

However, the whole "man in the sky with a beard" - yea not happening. Humans have a habit of making God based on a humanoid concept.

Everything is energy and frequencies. Energy can not be destroyed. Humans are made up of energy. Humans are immortal in a sense. However, their bodies are not, but that's good. Because your bodies are the cage.

P.S - People REALLY need to stop with the random bible and quran passage essays. No ones reading that.

The bible was altered 1000 times. Jesus was never even crucified. The Quran was never altered, but 70% of the islamic religion comes from Hadiths in which are written by man by "someone told me that he remembers the prophet saying this"

If you analyze every religion as a whole, its beautiful and lovely.... until you analyze it under a microscope. Then you see how its used to control society in a very "human" way. It loses its divinity.

Example:

Religion on face value - Give charity, dont murder, give to the poor, dont steal. Etc.

Religion under a microscope - Men cant wear silk. Men cant wear jewelry. Women must cover their hair. You cant eat shellfish, you cant fish on saturdays, homosexuality isnt allowed even though it isnt a choice. Etc.

The "divine" aspect of religion is gone when religion starts to create these "mankind restrictions". When did a all powerful entity that controls all of space and time care if a man wears a ring? or if a woman covers her bangs? or if a man eats a lobster?

It actually makes "God" seem petty.

Last edited:

Todd

Star
I dont operate under faith. Experiencing the other dimension and the species that lives in there with my own senses - faith gets thrown out the window.

You can't be in contact with demons, (whom arent all evil might i add), and not think something larger created all this.

However, the whole "man in the sky with a beard" - yea not happening. Humans have a habit of making God based on a humanoid concept.

Everything is energy and frequencies. Energy can not be destroyed. Humans are made up of energy. Humans are immortal in a sense. However, their bodies are not, but that's good. Because your bodies are the cage.

P.S - People REALLY need to stop with the random bible and quran passage essays. No ones reading that.

The bible was altered 1000 times. Jesus was never even crucified. The Quran was never altered, but 70% of the islamic religion comes from Hadiths in which are written by man by "someone told me that he remembers the prophet saying this"

If you analyze every religion as a whole, its beautiful and lovely.... until you analyze it under a microscope. Then you see how its used to control society in a very "human" way. It loses its divinity.

Example:

Religion on face value - Give charity, dont murder, give to the poor, dont steal. Etc.

Religion under a microscope - Men cant wear silk. Men cant wear jewelry. Women must cover their hair. You cant eat shellfish, you cant fish on saturdays, homosexuality isnt allowed even though it isnt a choice. Etc.

The "divine" aspect of religion is gone when religion starts to create these "mankind restrictions". When did a all powerful entity that controls all of space and time care if a man wears a ring? or if a woman covers her bangs? or if a man eats a lobster?

You are absolutely correct in stating that the traditions and rules of men that inflitrate every religion make God seem petty. The spirit of the original commands or guidance of God are almost always turned into bondage by man, but that doesn't mean the original intent was not inspired by God himself. The longer I worship and seek God, the more I am discouraged by religion and how religion has defamed and spoiled the orginal intent of God and his word. I can sympathize with your disgust for religion.

Take the dietary guidance that God gave to Israel. Science has shown that their is valid safety and nutritional value in the rules that God gave them. Israel was a fledgling nation trying to survive in a hostile environment, both politically, spiritually and physcially. God was giving them guidance to give them every advantage to succeed and prosper as a nation so that the promise that all nations would be blessed through Abraham's seed (The messiah) could be fulfilled. It's religious failacy to believe that God ever condemned any individual or considered them unpure based on what they ate. In fact Jesus himself said in Matthew 15:11 that what a man eats does not defile him.

Does God still care what we eat? Of course, but in the same way a parent cares what their child eats.

Instead of dismissing faith and the word of God, because of religion, why not consider that Man has screwed up God's intent (like we seem to do with everything) and seek God himself for true wisdom about the original intent of his guidance and instruction. You said yourself there is beauty and loveliness in the purest form of religion and faith, before man spoils it.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Aero

Superstar
Gnosticism is one of the earliest forms of Christianity, at least I thought so. Am I correct?
Yes, but there are a lot of critical differences. Plus a lot of variety within the school of Gnosticism itself. Now I'm not completely sold on the philosophy of dualism, but I can tell there is something there.

To some Gnostic cults, all matter that has no spirit can be considered bad. But I don't think that way. I think Plato would also disagree with that line of thinking. My thoughts are that matter does have spirit it's just not animated. Therefore it must be some other force that animates things that are technically "living".

I've often wondered the difference between souls and spirits. Maybe the answer was always right in front of me. But I haven't really been reading a lot of philosophy lately.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Yes, but there are a lot of critical differences. Plus a lot of variety within the school of Gnosticism itself. Now I'm not completely sold on the philosophy of dualism, but I can tell there is something there.

To some Gnostic cults, all matter that has no spirit can be considered bad. But I don't think that way. I think Plato would also disagree with that line of thinking. My thoughts are that matter does have spirit it's just not animated. Therefore it must be some other force that animates things that are technically "living".

I've often wondered the difference between souls and spirits. Maybe the answer was always right in front of me. But I haven't really been reading a lot of philosophy lately.
Very interesting, how does the Trinity play out within Gnosticism? Does it even exist? Not judging but just wondering about the Gnostic belief structure from your perspective.

As for the Soul and the Spirit.... heres a very in-depth, authoritative analysis.... but I posted it at the end of this message not to distract from the threads topic!
Head to 5:10 for the expert explanation to your query lol

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Very interesting, how does the Trinity play out within Gnosticism? Does it even exist? Not judging but just wondering about the Gnostic belief structure from your perspective.

As for the Soul and the Spirit.... heres an very in-depth analysis.... but i posted it at the end of this message not to distract from the threads topic!
Head to 5:10 for the expert explanation to your query lol
There are some references to a Trinity found in Gnostic texts. But traditionally Gnosticism describes their Godhead in 4 or even 8 parts. Then there are tons of different Aeons. It's all a bit confusing because they collected so much from other religions and philosophies.

I don't really follow the astrological aspects though. Like I don't care what Angels or Demons exist in the abyss or any sort of astral plane. My job as a human is simply not to fall into the abyss forever so I can ascend to said astral planes. And ascending only requires the will to attain secret knowledge.

Maybe there's a better way to describe the quest for knowledge. Like what does secret even mean? I don't think any knowledge should be secret. But anyway it really is a dualistic type of religion. I don't worship or pray to anything during Gnosis. I just feel my inner world transform. You know? Maybe the stars line up right or maybe they don't.

Dalit

Star
You are absolutely correct in stating that the traditions and rules of men that inflitrate every religion make God seem petty. The spirit of the original commands or guidance of God are almost always turned into bondage by man, but that doesn't mean the original intent was not inspired by God himself. The longer I worship and seek God, the more I am discouraged by religion and how religion has defamed and spoiled the orginal intent of God and his word. I can sympathize with your disgust for religion.

Take the dietary guidance that God gave to Israel. Science has shown that their is valid safety and nutritional value in the rules that God gave them. Israel was a fledgling nation trying to survive in a hostile environment, both politically, spiritually and physcially. God was giving them guidance to give them every advantage to succeed and prosper as a nation so that the promise that all nations would be blessed through Abraham's seed (The messiah) could be fulfilled. It's religious failacy to believe that God ever condemned any individual or considered them unpure based on what they ate. In fact Jesus himself said in Matthew 15:11 that what a man eats does not defile him.

Does God still care what we eat? Of course, but in the same way a parent cares what their child eats.

Instead of dismissing faith and the word of God, because of religion, why not consider that Man has screwed up God's intent (like we seem to do with everything) and seek God himself for true wisdom about the original intent of his guidance and instruction. You said yourself there is beauty and loveliness in the purest form of religion and faith, before man spoils it.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Love this. Two thumbs up.

None.

Just shut up, and be the most graceful human soul you can be.

Thats it.

If you think after living a graceful loving life that god will send you to hell just because you didnt go into a church or a mosque, etc. Then the God you deem so highly isnt as benevolent as you believe.

Stop focusing on how other people are living, stop focusing on what they eat, or who they love.

Focus on yourself, and being the most kind of productive human soul you can be for the other humans and nature around you.

It's that simple.
It is not possible with the Adamic nature!

Woke

Rookie

Example:

You got it all wrong. The one who has created us all knows whats best for us. Even if we may not see the harm in it, and its clear that when people transgress the world falls into chaos. This can easily be observed in the state of the world today. All these "mankind restrictions" carry such a big impact. It all comes down to following whats true rather than cherry picking the big ideas. There is so much that we don't know as human beings and all that we can really do that shows incredible strength is hold back on doing the things that our hearts desire. The things that will lead us to chaos

Alanantic

Star
It is not possible with the Adamic nature!
Glad I don't have one of those, then! (BTW: You probably don't either.)

"The Torah does not teach — or even mention — that we are “born in sin,” or that we are fated to sin. Just the opposite. We have the ability to choose."

"If someone has even only one merit and 1000 sins, he is rescued from hell." -- Job 33:23

Z. T. Jacob

Established

Example:

What do you mean when you say that demons aren't all bad

TonyVanDam

Established
None.

Just shut up, and be the most graceful human soul you can be.

Thats it.

If you think after living a graceful loving life that god will send you to hell just because you didnt go into a church or a mosque, etc. Then the God you deem so highly isnt as benevolent as you believe.

Stop focusing on how other people are living, stop focusing on what they eat, or who they love.

Focus on yourself, and being the most kind of productive human soul you can be for the other humans and nature around you.

It's that simple.
Humanist! LOL

Etagloc

Superstar
If faith were like a Cappuccino, humanism would be the frothy cream on top of the coffee of nihilism. Once it has stood for a while, you see what is below.

Without forgiveness and salvation, none of us are headed anywhere good.
Well Humanism in the sense I'm familiar with is just a euphemism for atheist. I'm not sure if he meant it in that sense or not.

Glad I don't have one of those, then! (BTW: You probably don't either.)

"The Torah does not teach — or even mention — that we are “born in sin,” or that we are fated to sin. Just the opposite. We have the ability to choose."

"If someone has even only one merit and 1000 sins, he is rescued from hell." -- Job 33:23
The Word of God has more than one verse. Christ teaches what you do not understand or refuse to acknowledge. But just like me, you will be accountable for what you teach!