The best religion to follow:

Dalit

Star
Glad I don't have one of those, then! (BTW: You probably don't either.)

"The Torah does not teach — or even mention — that we are “born in sin,” or that we are fated to sin. Just the opposite. We have the ability to choose."

"If someone has even only one merit and 1000 sins, he is rescued from hell." -- Job 33:23
Oral Torah (Talmud) or written Torah? Genesis/B'reisheet 3:14-19 pretty much disputes that, when original sin entered the world yet the promise of the Messiah was given, too (Genesis 3:15).

Psalm/Tehillim 51:3-5 (technically, the Tanakh, but still "Old Testament") states "For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, I have sinned and done what is evil in Your sight, so that You are justified when You speak and blameless when You judge. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me." In sin, David's mother conceived him. For what? For having sex with Jesse, her husband? No, it's original sin.

Where in the Torah does it say there's no original sin, does it say that humans are not permanently bent from the fall unless they repent? Nowhere.

Here's Job/Iyov 33:23-28 (OJB)
23 If there be a malach (messenger, i.e., Malach HaBrit, HaAdon [see Malachi 3:1] ) as melitz (mediator) for him, one of a thousand, who declares a person yashar (upright, Isa 53:11),
24 Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the shachat (pit); I have found a kofer (ransom) [Mk 10:45].
25 His basar (flesh) shall be restored like a na'ar (young man); he shall return to the yamim (days) of his youthful vigor;
26 He shall pray unto Eloah (G-d), and be accepted by Him, and he shall see His face with teruah (shouts of joy); thus He recompenseth unto enosh (a man) his tzedek (righteous plea of a just cause, righteousness vindication).
27 He looketh upon anashim (men), and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was yashar (upright), and it was not recompensed to me,
28 He will redeem his nefesh (soul) from going into the shachat, and his life shall see the ohr (light).

The malach/Messenger in Malachi 3:1 is referring to the forerunner of the Mashiach, Yeshua/Jesus. Yeshua/Jesus saves a person, not his or her own works even though we will do good works because we love Him. Who is the ransom? Yeshua/Jesus. This is a prophecy from Elihu to Job about Jesus.

The defense rests.

Last edited: