The best religion to follow:

Valerian

Rookie
None.

Just shut up, and be the most graceful human soul you can be.

Thats it.

If you think after living a graceful loving life that god will send you to hell just because you didnt go into a church or a mosque, etc. Then the God you deem so highly isnt as benevolent as you believe.

Stop focusing on how other people are living, stop focusing on what they eat, or who they love.

Focus on yourself, and being the most kind of productive human soul you can be for the other humans and nature around you.

It's that simple.

TokiEl

Superstar
None.

There are about 7 billion views of what constitutes a graceful human soul.

So which one will we choose or each to his own ?

Stop focusing on how other people are living, stop focusing on what they eat, or who they love.

Focus on yourself, and being the most kind of productive human soul you can be for the other humans and nature around you.
I am commissioned by God to tell you about Him.

As gently as i can.

Etagloc

Superstar
It's funny how dogmatic the anti-religious crowd can be.

Why their need to bash other people's religions? A Muslim debating a Christian is presumably out to score points with God and the Christian presumably is out to do the same. So why the anti-religious proselytizer's bashing of other people's religions? The religious believer is out to please God. The anti-religious militant is out to appease their uncertainty and perhaps a sense of jealousy. I'll think I'll leave at this but I'm tempted to make a few clicks and have a thread about the atheist suicide rate.

Alanantic

Star
"You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion." – AthiestRepublic.com

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." -- Marcus Aurelius

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
None.

Thats it.

If you think after living a graceful loving life that god will send you to hell just because you didnt go into a church or a mosque, etc. Then the God you deem so highly isnt as benevolent as you believe.

It's that simple.
Lee Stobel identified key components of salvation - "Believe", "Receive" and "Become". Each part matters - this is how he puts it (hint - better than I could!)

1. Believe

"As someone educated in journalism and law, I was trained to respond to the facts, wherever they lead. For me, the data demonstrated convincingly that Jesus is the Son of God who died as my substitute to pay the penalty I deserved for the wrongdoing I had committed. And there was plenty of wrongdoing. I’ll spare myself the embarrassment of going into details, but the truth is that I had been living a profane, drunken, self-absorbed, and immoral lifestyle. In my career, I had backstabbed my colleagues to gain a personal advantage and had routinely violated legal and ethical standards in pursuit of stories. In my personal life, I was sacrificing my wife and children on the altar of success. I was a liar, a cheater, and a deceiver. My heart had shrunk to the point where it was rock hard toward anyone else. My main motivator was personal pleasure—and ironically, the more I hungrily sought after it, the more elusive and self-destructive it became. When I read in the Bible that these sins separated me from God, who is holy and morally pure, this resonated as being true. Certainly God, whose existence I had denied for years, seemed extremely distant, and it became obvious to me that I needed the cross of Jesus to bridge that gulf. Said the apostle Peter, “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God” (1 Peter 3:18). All this I now believed. The evidence of history and of my own experience was too strong to ignore."

2. Receive

"Every other faith system I studied during my investigation was based on the “do” plan. In other words, it was necessary for people to do something—for example, use a Tibetan prayer wheel, pay alms, go on pilgrimages, undergo reincarnations, work off karma from past misdeeds, reform their character—to try to somehow earn their way back to God. Despite their best efforts, lots of sincere people just wouldn’t make it. Christianity is unique. It’s based on the “done” plan—Jesus has done for us on the cross what we cannot do for ourselves: he has paid the death penalty that we deserve for our rebellion and wrongdoing, so we can become reconciled with God. I didn’t have to struggle and strive to try to do the impossible of making myself worthy. Over and over the Bible says that Jesus offers forgiveness and eternal life as a free gift that cannot be earned (see Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8–9; Titus 3:5). It’s called grace—amazing grace, unmerited favor. It’s available to anyone who receives it in a sincere prayer of repentance. Even someone like me. Yes, I had to take a step of faith, as we do in every decision we make in life. But here’s the crucial distinction: I was no longer trying to swim upstream against the strong current of evidence; instead I was choosing to go in the same direction that the torrent of facts was flowing. That was reasonable, that was rational, that was logical. What’s more, in an inner and inexplicable way, it was also what I sensed God’s Spirit was nudging me to do. So on November 8, 1981, I talked with God in a heartfelt and unedited prayer, admitting and turning from my wrongdoing, and receiving the gift of forgiveness and eternal life through Jesus. I told him that with his help I wanted to follow him and his ways from here on out. There were no lightning bolts, no audible replies, no tingly sensations. I know that some people feel a rush of emotion at such a moment; as for me, however, there was something else that was equally exhilarating: there was the rush of reason."

3. Become

"After taking that step, I knew from John 1:12 that I had crossed the threshold into a new experience. I had become something different: a child of God, forever adopted into his family through the historical, risen Jesus. Said the apostle Paul, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come” (2 Cor. 5:17). Sure enough, over time as I endeavoured to follow Jesus’ teachings and open myself to his transforming power, my priorities, my values, and my character were (and continue to be) gradually changed. Increasingly I want Jesus’ motives and perspective to be my own. To paraphrase Martin Luther King Jr., I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ’s help, I someday will be—but thank God I’m not the man I used to be! Maybe that sounds mystical to you; I don’t know. Not so long ago it would have to me. But it’s very real to me now and to those around me. In fact, so radical was the difference in my life that a few months after I became a follower of Jesus, our five-year-old daughter Alison went up to my wife and said, “Mommy, I want God to do for me what he’s done for Daddy.” Here was a little girl who had only known a father who was profane, angry, verbally harsh, and all too often absent. And even though she had never interviewed a scholar, never analyzed the data, never investigated historical evidence, she had seen up close the influence that Jesus can have on one person’s life. In effect, she was saying, “If this is what God does to a human being, that’s what I want for me.” Looking back nearly two decades, I can see with clarity that the day I personally made a decision in the case for Christ was nothing less than the pivotal event of my entire life."

To read the reasons why Lee came to these conclusions you could do plenty worse than read "The Case for Christ" and weigh the issues for yourself.

That was Lee's story. I came to the same place...

You can't save yourself, you need a Saviour.

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
None.

Thats it.

It's that simple.
If it was that simple, there would be world wide peace with no crime, and earth would be Eden like. Also people often can be focused on themselves with very wrong intentions...It's not that simple as you make it sound...

None.

What is your definition of grace because you’re opening post is contradictory to the point you’re trying to convey. You’re opening statement doesn’t do you any justice. Graceful is good, but what does that mean to you? I think being courteous, politeful, and respectful sprinkled with gentlesness and kindness is better.

If you want to set an example and be an exemplary role model, maybe try a different opening statement and a different approach.

:)

Last edited:
Oh, I almost forgot, not everyone who believes in God or spirituality is Religious. Religion can mean many different things to many different people. You are not religous, but your opening statement in your post leads me to believe you are not a friendly warm person, but a very judgemental, generalizing all people who believe in a god religious. Religion has nothing to do with it. Atheists can be just as prejudice, discriminatory, violent, mean, hateful, and full of rage. It’s the person, their moral compass, what they believe in and how they’ve been raised and in environmental factors/influence, as well as traumatic events that happened to then growing up. There are so many things to take into consideration especially now a days. We shouldn’t be telling people to shut-up, it’s rude. In order to take your position on the matter, you’re the one who needs to set an example and that you haven’t done.

Todd

Star
None.

Thats it.

It's that simple.
Well that's half the equation that Jesus preached. Jesus summed it up by saying "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself".

The problem with your contention is that most of us aren't truly capable of loving our neighbor as ourselves without the help of God. Hence the reason we need to Love and seek God, so we can love our neighbor. But yeah, all the religious dressing is useless if doesn't enable you to love your neighbor as yourself.

Todd

Star
Im not an athiest but if you need a religion to not be a dick head...

then ur a dick head
Although I generally don't use the crude language myself to describe it, you have pretty much nailed it on the head. Look at what humanity has done to this world and what we do to each other. Pretty much proves we are all "dick heads" of some sort. That is the point of faith...trusting in something other than our own will power (that constantly proves to be lacking) to help overcome the fact we are all born "dick heads".

Just put a bunch of toddlers in a room together with one less toy than enough for all of them and you instantly see we don't need to be taught how to be dick heads. Sharing needs to be taught..."dick headedness" does not. LOL!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

then ur a dick head
I am interested - if you are not an atheist, that infers that you have a concept of God (or gods)

Do you have some sort of theology that helps you understand this? Does God have particular characteristics or is he just a reflection of our own? Is he a personality or a force? Is he holy, dualistic or evil?

I would be intrigued to hear your perspective...

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
None.

Thats it.

It's that simple.
Thats a very modern-Caucasian stance to take.... full of judgment and disdain. However, your statements seem very disconnected from the title of your thread here.

Last edited:

then ur a dick head
Talking the talk is one thing, but walking the walk is another. This is what happens when you talk the talk, but not walk the walk.

Luke 6:45 KJV

45A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Matthew 12:34-37 KJV

34O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

DesertRose

Superstar
My 2 cents for this thread.

A fundamental requirement is that we are humble to His message.
We are chosen by Him.
There are those who are arrogant and hard hearted hence this message bypasses them due to this undue pride.

36: 77-78
Do you not know that Allah created you from a sperm-drop?
Yet, you act as an opponent, and present for Allah examples, and forget your own origin,
And say: “Who can revive these bones when they become dust?”

We do not follow our own commandments we follow the Creator's,
.........we need deep humility when examining His final message the Quran.

(Verily! This (Verses of the Qur’an) is an admonition, so whosoever wills, let him take a Path to his Lord (Allah).*But you cannot will, unless Allah wills. Verily, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise)

[Al-Insan, 29-30]

We choose Him over our whims and desires.
"Allah will help him who moves in the way of Allah." Abu Bakr (rahdiaAllahu'an)
However human will requires Divine will.

(But you cannot will, unless Allah wills. Verily, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise)
[Al Insan, 30]

That is why the humble ask for guidance to the straight path every day.

Mos Def quote:
"You're not gonna get through life without being worshipful or devoted to something.
You're either devoted to your job, or to your desires.
So the best way to spend your life is to try to be devoted to prayer, to Allah."

Say, ‘The Truth is from your Lord’: Let him who will, believe; and let him who will, reject…” (18:29, Yusuf Ali)

As long as there is breath in your body you can choose Him.
So choose well and do not despair of His Mercy, if you are repentant no matter how steeped in sin you are.

Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient.
57:16

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Gnosticism really is the best and most inclusive religion. It provides a concrete path to the afterlife should you choose to take that path. Plus we love other religions, we love atheists even. We want you to be exploring and sharing your spirit so that we may also learn from your learning. Of course, everything has risks though.

The Illuminati isn't the most scorned or anything. But we might be the most unforgiving. So If I'm out there being someones spirit guide and they burn me even a little bit, I'll roast them. Hands down I would roast them and grab some sharp knives. See? It's simple, don't burn peoples spirit.