Symbolism in Old Cartoons

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
For all who don’t know, there will be a new movie on Nickelodeon called Hey Arnold:The Jungle. It will air later in November.

So I’m on my fire stick on the Nick App and they have a few Hey Arnold episodes. I loved the show as a kid so I’m watching. There’s the episode called the Journal which is the prequel to what this movie that’s releasing later this month is suppose to be about. Basically Arnold trying to find his parents.

So I’m watching and this happened:

So I know there are symbolism in a lot of the recent cartoons but I’m shocked to see it in my beloved Hey Arnold/ Nickelodeon shows. Has anyone seen it in their old cartoons?

Last edited:

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
I think I’m reading too much into this, or have been on this site too long and I’m disgusted.

It just rubs me the wrong way with assault allegations. But a “monster” coming into a child’s room to scare them. The shhh reminds me of all the secret society symbolism that we’ve been seeing. This little girl was in a whole other world and her parents didn’t even know.

onaquest

Rookie
I think Call for an Uprising or Face like the sun covered this in one of their youtube videos

Vytas

Star
I think I’m reading too much into this, or have been on this site too long and I’m disgusted.

It just rubs me the wrong way with assault allegations. But a “monster” coming into a child’s room to scare them. The shhh reminds me of all the secret society symbolism that we’ve been seeing. This little girl was in a whole other world and her parents didn’t even know.

Those who watched "An open secret" movie maybe remember how parents tracked p***phile by his photographing style, as kids always were photographed looking upward, top right picture...same style. Also Shh finger on lips means "i have a secret" pizzagate language...