Red Heifer Birth Paves Way For Renewed Temple Service

It becomes even more interesting once you ask:

Where is the throne of David? Because:

Psalm
89:34 My Covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
89:35 Once have I sworn by My holiness that I will not lie unto David.
89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as "the sun" before me.

Jeremiah
33:17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want (lack) a man to sit upon the throne of the House of Israel;

Last edited:
...Now you might very well be an Israelite and not even know it. Ten tribes were conquered by Assyria about 2700 years ago and resettled east of Tigris as well. They must have scattered all over the world by now.
True and very significant, for understanding and following the separate prophecies we are given in the Bible, because

The 10 Tribes (with some of Levi scattered among them) became the northern kingdom of Israel (after the split, that happened during the reign of Rehoboam) and are referred to in scripture as the House of Israel

While the remaining two Tribes, Judah and Benjamin (also with Levites scattered among them) became known as the southern kingdom of Judah (and then later after the return of the remnant from the captivity, became known as the Jews)

So, it's important to realise that from that point on there were two kingdoms, because the original kingdom of Israel was split up into two separate kingdoms - the northern kingdom of Israel (the "House of Israel") and the southern kingdom of Judah (the "House of Judah"/Jewdah - the Jews)

Until that fact is properly understood, much of the Bible remains unintelligible, because there are separate prophecies given for both Houses.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
True and very significant, for understanding and following the separate prophecies we are given in the Bible, because

The 10 Tribes (with some of Levi scattered among them) became the northern kingdom of Israel (after the split, that happened during the reign of Rehoboam) and are referred to in scripture as the House of Israel

While the remaining two Tribes, Judah and Benjamin (also with Levites scattered among them) became known as the southern kingdom of Judah (and then later after the return of the remnant from the captivity, became known as the Jews)

So, it's important to realise that from that point on there were two kingdoms, because the original kingdom of Israel was split up into two separate kingdoms - the northern kingdom of Israel (the "House of Israel") and the southern kingdom of Judah (the "House of Judah"/Jewdah - the Jews)

Until that fact is properly understood, much of the Bible remains unintelligible, because there are separate prophecies given for both Houses.
Interesting... However it just occurred to me that both Judah and Israel had a common patriarch - Jacob (aka Israel). It doesn't automatically follow that distinct "Judah" and "Israel" are being referred to prophetically after the division of the kingdoms (as this would imply you know how God thinks about such matters). To me it seems implicit that Israel is used in the general sense as Jesus is of the line of David but is also the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The prophet Jeremiah foretold that they would spend 70 years in Babylon.

That's not what Ezekiel 37 is about. And how can GogMagog in Ezekiel 38 attack Israel... if there is no Israel ?
During Ezekiel's time Israel was still in captivity. So his prophecy was primarily about Israel going back to the promised land which they did eventually. Ezekiel did not teach a different message to Jesus'. Do you remember the vision Peter had in Acts 10? God was telling Peter it was time to preach the gospel to the gentiles because Israel after God gave them chance after chance, had once and for all rejected the Gospel and the Messiah.

Gog and magog are mentioned only once in the old testament. We need, therefore, to look for the main concepts of Ezekiel’s prophecy that can also be detected in previous biblical prophecies, and thus the connections can be established among them. What you're saying doesn't go hand in hand with what Jesus and the apostles taught does it?

Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder (Matthew 21:43-44).

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord (Matthew 23:37–39).

Last edited:

Hubert

Established
Anyway, the point of all this is that the prophesied third temple cannot be built without the ashes of a perfect red heifer. If this turns out to be an acceptable candidate, it's a necessary building block toward fulfillment of the prophecy.
Any god that needs the right kind of cow to be born in order for him to complete his plans is a pathetic god.

phipps

Star
New Covenant Israel

When the Jewish nation rejected the Messiah, the Gospel was spread to all nations. All who believe in the name of Jesus can now become the spiritual descendants of Abraham (Galatians 3:16, 29; Romans 4:16; 9:3-8).

The apostle Paul calls Christians “the Israel of God” and “the circumcision.” God gave circumcision to Abraham as a symbol of belonging to God's people. When Paul refers to all Christians as “the circumcision,” he reminds us that the Kingdom of God and the covenant promises associated with it were taken from the Jews and passed on to spiritual Israel. This new circumcision is not of the body but of the heart.

Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder (Matthew 21:43-44).

Any who permit Christ to transform them and to change their character receive the new name of “Israel,” just as Jacob did thousands of years ago.

Jesus did not choose 12 disciples by accident. Just as the 12 patriarchs were the founders of ancient Israel, so these 12 men are the foundation stones of new Israel (Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:30). The subsequent choice of 70 others is modelled after the choice of 70 elders by Moses in ancient Israel (Numbers 11:16).

A Spiritual Tree

The real Israel of God is "a remnant chosen by grace" (Romans 11:5). In Romans 11:17-24, Paul speaks of the olive tree that represents Israel. The branches (Jews) were broken off because of unbelief and the wild olive shoots (Gentiles) were grafted in to share in the nourishment of the tree.

The natural branches could be grafted back into the tree if they accepted the conditions. God is no respecter of nations or individuals. All who turn to Him will be accepted:

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him (Romans 10:12).

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:26).

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you (John 15:5-7).

The new Israel inherits God’s covenant promises. Those who have accepted Christ become the chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God (Compare 1 Peter 2:9-10 with Exodus 19:5-6).

The human race is in desperate need of redemption. God yearns to forgive and cleanse (John 3:16; 1 Timothy 2:4). It is the role of the Church to carry this news to the world.

Thunderian

Superstar
Those who think that the Church has replaced Israel have a LOT to explain. You can start with this passage in Jeremiah 31:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:​
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:​
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.​
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​
35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:​
36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.​
37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.​

Thunderian

Superstar
Explain Ezekiel 36. This is prophecy regarding Israel that has yet to be fulfilled, and since it's regarding the House of Israel, there is no way this could mean any other group of people, spiritual or otherwise.

21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.​
22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.​
23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.​
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.​
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.​
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.​
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.​
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.​

Thunderian

Superstar
More. This is more unfulfilled prophecy regarding Israel, from Zechariah 12. There is no way this could mean anything other than the physical nation of Israel and the houses and families therein.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.​
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.​
11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.​
12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;​
13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;​
14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.​

phipps

Star
Those who think that the Church has replaced Israel have a LOT to explain. You can start with this passage in Jeremiah 31:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:​

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:​

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.​

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​

35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:​

36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.​

37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.​

God made many promises with Israel but many went unfulfilled because they were conditional. They were two-sided covenants that required absolute compliance from both parties. So those unfulfilled prophecies will never be fulfilled under literal Israel. They will be fulfilled under spiritual Israel. There is not going to be a second chance for the Jewish nation as a chosen people. Not according to scripture. Now being saved is individual and you can be from any part of the world including Israel. The true Church of God is Israel.

Forfeiting the Blessing

Deuteronomy 28:1-14 contains a list of blessings God promised to Israel—the most wonderful blessings ever given. Again, these promises were conditional to obedience. Strict warnings were given about the curses that would occur if Israel chose not to obey.

Unfortunately, Israel did not keep God's commands, and became even more corrupt than the nations around them (2 Kings 17:6-23). Disobedience barred Israel from receiving its promised blessings.

In fact, all of Israel's tribes except Judah and Benjamin were carried away into captivity by the king of Assyria and disappear from history. A century and a half later, even Judah was plucked from the Promised Land and scattered in the Neo-Babylonian Empire.

Nevertheless, some remained faithful to God even in exile. Daniel and his friends were willing to face death rather than disobey God.

God gave Israel a second chance. They were to return to their land after 70 years of exile (Jeremiah 31:10-14; Isaiah 43:1-13) and rebuild the temple. They would again have the opportunity to be witnesses to the nations (Micah 4:1-4; 5:2-6; Zechariah 8:20-23). Again, all these promises were conditional to obedience (Zechariah 6:15).

Daniel’s prophecies predicted the coming of the Messiah, but Israel rejected the Messiah, forfeiting its covenant role and the covenant promises:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord (Matthew 23:37–39).

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
God made many promises with Israel but many went unfulfilled because they were conditional. They were two-sided covenants that required absolute compliance from both parties.
Sorry, that makes zero sense when you look at prophecies where God tells the house of Israel that because of their sin and disobedience, they will suffer and be scattered, before being regathered and restored. Are you reading the passages? In Jeremiah, God says that the sun, moon and stars will disappear before he casts Israel away. Do you mean to say that God has broken that promise? I can see the sun right now, but you say that God is done with Israel..

Thunderian

Superstar
Daniel’s prophecies predicted the coming of the Messiah, but Israel rejected the Messiah, forfeiting its covenant role and the covenant promises:
God made five covenants with Israel.

The Abrahamic Covenant: UNCONDITIONAL

These Genesis passages show thirteen provisions in this covenant.​
First, a great nation was to come out of Abraham, namely, the nation of Israel (12:2; 13:16; 15:5; 17:1-2, 7; 22:17b).​
Secondly, he was promised a Land; specifically, the land of Canaan (12:1, 7; 13:14-15, 17; 15:17-21; 17:8).​
Thirdly, Abraham himself was to be greatly blessed (12:2b).​
Fourthly, Abraham's name would be great (12:2c).​
Fifth, Abraham will be a blessing to others (12:2d).​
Sixth, those who bless Israel will be blessed (12:3a).​
Seventh, those who curse Israel will be cursed (12:3b).​
Eighth, in Abraham all will ultimately be blessed (12:3c; 22:18).​
Ninth, Abraham would receive a son through his wife Sarah (15:1-4; 17:16-21).​
Tenth, his descendants would undergo the Egyptian bondage (15:13-14).​
Eleventh, other nations as well as Israel would come forth from Abraham (17:3-4, 6); the Arab states are some of these nations.​
Twelfth, his name was to be changed from Abram to Abraham (17:5).​
And thirteenth, Sarai's name was to be changed to Sarah (17:15). These provisions of the Abrahamic Covenant can be categorized in three areas: to Abraham; to the Seed, Israel; and to the Gentiles.​
The Land Covenant: UNCONDITIONAL

Eight provisions can be gleaned from this passage.​
First, Moses prophetically spoke of Israel's coming disobedience to the Mosaic Law and subsequent scattering over all the world (Deut. 29:2-30:1). All remaining provisions speak of various facets of Israel's final restoration.​
Secondly, Israel will repent (Deut. 30:2).​
Thirdly, the Messiah will return (v. 3).​
Fourthly, Israel will be regathered (vv. 3-4).​
Fifth, Israel will possess the Promised Land (v. 5).​
Sixth, Israel will be regenerated (v. 6).​
Seventh, the enemies of Israel will be judged. And finally, Israel will receive full blessing; specifically, the blessings of the Messianic Age (vv. 8-10).​
The special importance of the Land Covenant is that it reaffirms the title deed to the Land as belonging to Israel. Although she would prove unfaithful and disobedient, the right to the Land would never be taken from her. Furthermore, it shows that the conditional Mosaic Covenant did not lay aside the unconditional Abrahamic Covenant. It might be taken by some that the Mosaic Covenant displaced the Abrahamic Covenant, but the Land Covenant shows that this is not true. The Land Covenant is an enlargement of the original Abrahamic Covenant. It amplifies the Land aspect and emphasizes the promise of the Land to God's earthly people in spite of their unbelief.​
The Davidic Covenant: UNCONDITIONAL

Careful study of both biblical accounts brings out six main provisions of the Davidic Covenant.​
First, David is promised an eternal dynasty (II Sam. 7:11b, 16; I Chr. 17:10b). Nothing could ever destroy the House of David; it will always be in existence. Although it is unknown who they are, to this day somewhere in the Jewish world members of the House of David still exist.​
Second, one of David's own sons, specifically Solomon, was to be established on the throne after David (II Sam. 7:12).​
Third, Solomon would build the Temple (II Sam. 7:13a).​
Fourth, the throne of David's kingdom was to be established for ever (II Sam. 7:13b, 16). It was not Solomon himself who was promised to be established for ever, but rather the throne upon which he would sit.​
Fifth, Solomon would be disciplined for disobedience, but God would not remove His lovingkindness (II Sam. 7:14-15). Earlier God did remove His lovingkindness from King Saul because of disobedience. But the promise is made that although Solomon may disobey and require God's discipline; God's lovingkindness will never depart from him.​
Sixth, the Messiah and His throne, house, and kingdom will be established for ever (I Chr. 17:11-15). The​
emphasis in the II Samuel passage is on Solomon, but in the I Chronicles passage it is on the Messiah. In the I Chronicles passage, God is not speaking of one of David's own sons to be established upon the throne for ever, but the Seed of one of his sons coming many years later. Furthermore, in this passage it is the Person Himself that is established upon David's throne for ever, not merely the throne. Clearly the emphasis in the I Chronicles passage is not on Solomon, but on the Messiah. That is why this passage does not mention the possibility of sin as the II Samuel passage did, for in the case of the Messiah no sin would be possible. So the Messiah, as well as His throne, His house, and His kingdom are to be established for ever.​
The unique importance of the Davidic Covenant is that it amplifies the Seed aspect of the Abrahamic Covenant. According to the Abrahamic Covenant, the Messiah was to be of the Seed of Abraham. This merely stated that He was to be a Jew and could be of any of the twelve tribes. Later, in the time of Jacob, the Seed aspect was limited to a member of the Tribe of Judah only (Gen. 49:10). Now the Seed aspect is further narrowed to one family within the Tribe of Judah, the family of David.​
The New Covenant: UNCONDITIONAL

From the original covenant and its various confirmations, a total of eight provisions can be found.​
First, it is an unconditional covenant involving God and both houses of Israel (Jer. 31:31). Hence, it includes the entire Jewish nation:​
the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.​
Secondly, it is clearly distinct from the Mosaic Covenant (Jer. 31:32). It is not merely a further elaboration of the Mosaic Covenant, but it is distinct from it. It is ultimately to replace the Mosaic Covenant, which was now considered broken.​
Thirdly, it promises the regeneration of Israel (Jer. 31:33; Is. 59:21). The key aspect of this entire covenant is the blessing of salvation, which includes Israel's national regeneration.​
Fourth, the regeneration of Israel is to be universal among all Jews (Jer. 31:34a; Is. 61:9). The national salvation is to extend to every individual Jewish person, and it is to be true through succeeding generations from the time that the initial regeneration of Israel occurs. Thus during the Kingdom, unregenerate people will all be Gentiles; in the entire period of the Kingdom, there will be no unsaved Jews. That is the reason there will be no need for one Jew to say to another, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Him.​
Fifth, there is provision for the forgiveness of sin (Jer. 31:34b). The New Covenant will do that very thing which the Mosaic Covenant was unable to do. The latter was able only to cover the sins of Israel, but the New Covenant will take them away.​
The sixth provision is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Jer. 31:33; Ezek. 36:27). The reason Israel failed to keep the Law under the Mosaic Covenant was that the people lacked the power to comply with the righteous standards of God. The Mosaic Law did not provide the indwelling of the Holy Spirit; that was not its purpose. But the New Covenant will do just that, and every Jew will be enabled to do the righteous work of God.​
Seventh, Israel will be showered with material blessings (Jer. 32:41; Ezek. 34:25-27). The Mosaic Law did provide material blessings for obedience, but for the most part, Israel was in disobedience because of her failure to keep the Law. However, such failure will not exist under the New Covenant. Along with Israel's regeneration and empowerment to keep the Law, material blessings will be given by the Lord.​
Eighth, the Sanctuary will be rebuilt (Ezek. 37:26-28). The Davidic Covenant did provide for the building of the First Temple by Solomon; the New Covenant will provide for the building of the Messianic or Millennial Temple. This Temple will be a continual reminder to Israel of all that God has done. The importance of the New Covenant is that it amplifies the blessing aspect of the Abrahamic Covenant, especially in relationship to salvation.​
The only covenant God made with Israel that was conditional on their behaviour was the Mosaic Covenant, which you can read about in Deuteronomy 29.

Please note that the Mosiac covenant had nothing to do with the land Israel was promised, or their status as God's people. It had to do with blessings. If there are conditions on any of the other covenants, please show from scripture what they are.

phipps

Star
Sorry, that makes zero sense when you look at prophecies where God tells the house of Israel that because of their sin and disobedience, they will suffer and be scattered, before being regathered and restored. Are you reading the passages? In Jeremiah, God says that the sun, moon and stars will disappear before he casts Israel away. Do you mean to say that God has broken that promise? I can see the sun right now, but you say that God is done with Israel..
God scattered the Israelites in captivity and they were regathered and restored back in their homeland after the 70 years of captivity. However not every promise will ever be fulfilled under literal Israel. God does not break promises, people do. Those promises were made on condition of the Jews obeying God. They didn't and sadly many of those were unfulfilled. Its just like Christians today under the New covenant. God made promises to those who obey Him and accept the gift of salvation. If we don't do as He asks those promises will not be fulfilled. The Holy spirit can only dwell in those who obey God's word and open their hearts to Him. So it was with the nation of Israel.

So you believe that the promises can only be fulfilled under literal Israel which hasn't existed for 2000 years? That is not a Biblical teaching. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that literal Israel will be reformed again in the future where all the promises from the Old testament can only be fulfilled through genetic Jews. That is not what Jesus and the apostles preached. And they are not going against the prophets either.

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him (Romans 10:12).

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:26).

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you (John 15:5-7).

Jews are never again going to be a chosen people. The chosen people will be all those who worship and obey God from around the world.

Thunderian

Superstar
God scattered the Israelites in captivity and they were regathered and restored back in their homeland after the 70 years of captivity.
Really? So when did they look upon him whom they had pierced, as God promised they would? When did the nation of Israel, the houses and families, mourn and become restored to God? God said that would happen. Are you saying that God prophesied something, and then it didn't take place? Again, God himself said that Israel would be unfaithful. You're saying that Israel broke that promise by being unfaithful. That makes no sense.

However not every promise will ever be fulfilled under literal Israel. God does not break promises, people do. Those promises were made on condition of the Jews obeying God.
I just listed the five covenants that God made with Israel, four of which were unconditional. If there were conditions on the Abrahamic, Land, Davidic, and New covenants, please show from scripture what they were, and how Israel broke them.

Jews are never again going to be a chosen people. The chosen people will be all those who worship and obey God from around the world.
That is one hundred percent unbiblical.

phipps

Star
God made five covenants with Israel.

The Abrahamic Covenant: UNCONDITIONAL

These Genesis passages show thirteen provisions in this covenant.​

First, a great nation was to come out of Abraham, namely, the nation of Israel (12:2; 13:16; 15:5; 17:1-2, 7; 22:17b).​

Secondly, he was promised a Land; specifically, the land of Canaan (12:1, 7; 13:14-15, 17; 15:17-21; 17:8).​

Thirdly, Abraham himself was to be greatly blessed (12:2b).​

Fourthly, Abraham's name would be great (12:2c).​

Fifth, Abraham will be a blessing to others (12:2d).​

Sixth, those who bless Israel will be blessed (12:3a).​

Seventh, those who curse Israel will be cursed (12:3b).​

Eighth, in Abraham all will ultimately be blessed (12:3c; 22:18).​

Ninth, Abraham would receive a son through his wife Sarah (15:1-4; 17:16-21).​

Tenth, his descendants would undergo the Egyptian bondage (15:13-14).​

Eleventh, other nations as well as Israel would come forth from Abraham (17:3-4, 6); the Arab states are some of these nations.​

Twelfth, his name was to be changed from Abram to Abraham (17:5).​

And thirteenth, Sarai's name was to be changed to Sarah (17:15). These provisions of the Abrahamic Covenant can be categorized in three areas: to Abraham; to the Seed, Israel; and to the Gentiles.​

The Land Covenant: UNCONDITIONAL

Eight provisions can be gleaned from this passage.​

First, Moses prophetically spoke of Israel's coming disobedience to the Mosaic Law and subsequent scattering over all the world (Deut. 29:2-30:1). All remaining provisions speak of various facets of Israel's final restoration.​

Secondly, Israel will repent (Deut. 30:2).​

Thirdly, the Messiah will return (v. 3).​

Fourthly, Israel will be regathered (vv. 3-4).​

Fifth, Israel will possess the Promised Land (v. 5).​

Sixth, Israel will be regenerated (v. 6).​

Seventh, the enemies of Israel will be judged. And finally, Israel will receive full blessing; specifically, the blessings of the Messianic Age (vv. 8-10).​

The special importance of the Land Covenant is that it reaffirms the title deed to the Land as belonging to Israel. Although she would prove unfaithful and disobedient, the right to the Land would never be taken from her. Furthermore, it shows that the conditional Mosaic Covenant did not lay aside the unconditional Abrahamic Covenant. It might be taken by some that the Mosaic Covenant displaced the Abrahamic Covenant, but the Land Covenant shows that this is not true. The Land Covenant is an enlargement of the original Abrahamic Covenant. It amplifies the Land aspect and emphasizes the promise of the Land to God's earthly people in spite of their unbelief.​

The Davidic Covenant: UNCONDITIONAL

Careful study of both biblical accounts brings out six main provisions of the Davidic Covenant.​

First, David is promised an eternal dynasty (II Sam. 7:11b, 16; I Chr. 17:10b). Nothing could ever destroy the House of David; it will always be in existence. Although it is unknown who they are, to this day somewhere in the Jewish world members of the House of David still exist.​

Second, one of David's own sons, specifically Solomon, was to be established on the throne after David (II Sam. 7:12).​

Third, Solomon would build the Temple (II Sam. 7:13a).​

Fourth, the throne of David's kingdom was to be established for ever (II Sam. 7:13b, 16). It was not Solomon himself who was promised to be established for ever, but rather the throne upon which he would sit.​

Fifth, Solomon would be disciplined for disobedience, but God would not remove His lovingkindness (II Sam. 7:14-15). Earlier God did remove His lovingkindness from King Saul because of disobedience. But the promise is made that although Solomon may disobey and require God's discipline; God's lovingkindness will never depart from him.​

Sixth, the Messiah and His throne, house, and kingdom will be established for ever (I Chr. 17:11-15). The​

emphasis in the II Samuel passage is on Solomon, but in the I Chronicles passage it is on the Messiah. In the I Chronicles passage, God is not speaking of one of David's own sons to be established upon the throne for ever, but the Seed of one of his sons coming many years later. Furthermore, in this passage it is the Person Himself that is established upon David's throne for ever, not merely the throne. Clearly the emphasis in the I Chronicles passage is not on Solomon, but on the Messiah. That is why this passage does not mention the possibility of sin as the II Samuel passage did, for in the case of the Messiah no sin would be possible. So the Messiah, as well as His throne, His house, and His kingdom are to be established for ever.​

The unique importance of the Davidic Covenant is that it amplifies the Seed aspect of the Abrahamic Covenant. According to the Abrahamic Covenant, the Messiah was to be of the Seed of Abraham. This merely stated that He was to be a Jew and could be of any of the twelve tribes. Later, in the time of Jacob, the Seed aspect was limited to a member of the Tribe of Judah only (Gen. 49:10). Now the Seed aspect is further narrowed to one family within the Tribe of Judah, the family of David.​

The New Covenant: UNCONDITIONAL

From the original covenant and its various confirmations, a total of eight provisions can be found.​

First, it is an unconditional covenant involving God and both houses of Israel (Jer. 31:31). Hence, it includes the entire Jewish nation:​

the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.​

Secondly, it is clearly distinct from the Mosaic Covenant (Jer. 31:32). It is not merely a further elaboration of the Mosaic Covenant, but it is distinct from it. It is ultimately to replace the Mosaic Covenant, which was now considered broken.​

Thirdly, it promises the regeneration of Israel (Jer. 31:33; Is. 59:21). The key aspect of this entire covenant is the blessing of salvation, which includes Israel's national regeneration.​

Fourth, the regeneration of Israel is to be universal among all Jews (Jer. 31:34a; Is. 61:9). The national salvation is to extend to every individual Jewish person, and it is to be true through succeeding generations from the time that the initial regeneration of Israel occurs. Thus during the Kingdom, unregenerate people will all be Gentiles; in the entire period of the Kingdom, there will be no unsaved Jews. That is the reason there will be no need for one Jew to say to another, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Him.​

Fifth, there is provision for the forgiveness of sin (Jer. 31:34b). The New Covenant will do that very thing which the Mosaic Covenant was unable to do. The latter was able only to cover the sins of Israel, but the New Covenant will take them away.​

The sixth provision is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Jer. 31:33; Ezek. 36:27). The reason Israel failed to keep the Law under the Mosaic Covenant was that the people lacked the power to comply with the righteous standards of God. The Mosaic Law did not provide the indwelling of the Holy Spirit; that was not its purpose. But the New Covenant will do just that, and every Jew will be enabled to do the righteous work of God.​

Seventh, Israel will be showered with material blessings (Jer. 32:41; Ezek. 34:25-27). The Mosaic Law did provide material blessings for obedience, but for the most part, Israel was in disobedience because of her failure to keep the Law. However, such failure will not exist under the New Covenant. Along with Israel's regeneration and empowerment to keep the Law, material blessings will be given by the Lord.​

Eighth, the Sanctuary will be rebuilt (Ezek. 37:26-28). The Davidic Covenant did provide for the building of the First Temple by Solomon; the New Covenant will provide for the building of the Messianic or Millennial Temple. This Temple will be a continual reminder to Israel of all that God has done. The importance of the New Covenant is that it amplifies the blessing aspect of the Abrahamic Covenant, especially in relationship to salvation.​

The only covenant God made with Israel that was conditional on their behaviour was the Mosaic Covenant, which you can read about in Deuteronomy 29.

Please note that the Mosiac covenant had nothing to do with the land Israel was promised, or their status as God's people. It had to do with blessings. If there are conditions on any of the other covenants, please show from scripture what they are.
In the Bible there is literal and spiritual or modern Israel. Literal Israel rejected Christ. Do you know that some parts of the book of Daniel are banned to be read by Judaism? It is Daniel 9 that has the prophecy of Messiah's coming. They put a curse on those who read those verses. The Jewish scholars knew that when you calculate the time of the Messiah, using Daniel 9 as the prophetic template, you come to one Messiah: Jesus Christ. But they rejected Him. Jesus told them to their face about their rejection of Him and the hierarchy plotted and planned His death. A few years after Jesus went back to heaven, Stephen was stoned to death and that was it for Israel as a nation. They were no longer the missionary nation through which the gospel would be preached. It is no coincidence that the apostles started to preach the gospel to gentiles. The early Christian church grew fast because the gentiles took the word of God around the world.

Thunderian

Superstar
In the Bible there is literal and spiritual or modern Israel. Literal Israel rejected Christ. Do you know that some parts of the book of Daniel are banned to be read by Judaism? It is Daniel 9 that has the prophecy of Messiah's coming. They put a curse on those who read those verses. The Jewish scholars knew that when you calculate the time of the Messiah, using Daniel 9 as the prophetic template, you come to one Messiah: Jesus Christ. But they rejected Him. Jesus told them to their face about their rejection of Him and the hierarchy plotted and planned His death. A few years after Jesus went back to heaven, Stephen was stoned to death and that was it for Israel as a nation. They were no longer the missionary nation through which the gospel would be preached. It is no coincidence that the apostles started to preach the gospel to gentiles. The early Christian church grew fast because the gentiles took the word of God around the world.
That's not a response to what the Bible says about the covenants that God made with Israel. You keep saying that Israel has lost her position because she broke the covenants. Please show, from scripture, what provisions Israel broke in the Abrahamic, Land, Davidic and New covenants, that have resulted in God breaking his own promise from Jeremiah that he will NEVER cast Israel off.

You need to address these things.

phipps

Star
Really? So when did they look upon him whom they had pierced, as God promised they would? When did the nation of Israel, the houses and families, mourn and become restored to God? God said that would happen. Are you saying that God prophesied something, and then it didn't take place? Again, God himself said that Israel would be unfaithful. You're saying that Israel broke that promise by being unfaithful. That makes no sense.

I just listed the five covenants that God made with Israel, four of which were unconditional. If there were conditions on the Abrahamic, Land, Davidic, and New covenants, please show from scripture what they were, and how Israel broke them.

That is one hundred percent unbiblical.
I am saying some promises God made were unfulfilled through literal Israel and they never will be because they rejected the Messiah. If it didn't happen under literal Israel, it happened or will happen under Jesus and spiritual Israel. The Bible doesn't make a distinction about the two. You've got to remember spiritual Israel is about focussing on Christ who died to take away our sins. Jews to this day do not believe in Christ.

Again the Bible makes no distinction between literal and spiritual Israel. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatian 3:29. This is not about genes at all but all those who believe on Christ as their Saviour.

You're the one who is unbiblical. Literal Israel does not worship Jesus does it? The next time we see Jesus in the clouds, He will come to save spiritual Israel who accepted Him as their personal Saviour and obeyed His commandments. I hope I am amongst that number, do you?

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
I am saying some promises God made were unfulfilled through literal Israel and they never will be because they rejected the Messiah.
So, according to you, God is a liar.

Literal Israel does not worship Jesus does it?
That is not a condition of any of the covenants Israel has with God regarding the land he promised, and the restoration that is prophesied. If it is, please show scripture to support it.

phipps

Star
That's not a response to what the Bible says about the covenants that God made with Israel. You keep saying that Israel has lost her position because she broke the covenants. Please show, from scripture, what provisions Israel broke in the Abrahamic, Land, Davidic and New covenants, that have resulted in God breaking his own promise from Jeremiah that he will NEVER cast Israel off.

You need to address these things.
Read my next reply about the covenants God made with the children of Israel. and I will post something further. I posted this before and I will post it again. Literal Israel is gone forever and will never exist again according to scripture.

The Prophecies of Israel Apply to the Followers of Jesus

Where Israel failed, Jesus was victorious. Remember that in the Old Testament, the name Israel first applied to one man, Jacob, to represent his spiritual victory over sin. Even so, in the New Testament, Jesus Christ is the Israel who is victorious over all sin! Literal Israel failed to fulfill their calling and so God looks for a new nation coming out of a new man.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. Gal 3:16

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:26-29

We become part of Jesus and therefore part of spiritual Israel by faith! The promises of literal Israel are now the promises of spiritual Israel. When you come to Jesus, you partake of all His promises. By faith you are incorporated in spiritual Israel. God is not concerned about chromosomes and genesHe is concerned about faith and obedience. When baptized, you accept the death and resurrection of Christ and become true Israel! All New Testament writers understood this. Notice how Peter addressed the Gentiles who now had faith in Jesus as their Saviour.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. 1 Peter 2:9-10

The Bible truths about Israel give us a new focus. The whole focus is Jesus who is the overcomer! By coming to Him, we become part of spiritual Israel and, through His help, gain victory over sin like Jacob did.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Rom 2:28-29

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Rev 3:12-13

This is a promise to the movement of God and it is a promise to you. May you be an overcomer through the power of Jesus—your Israel!

Many think that today's nation of Israel is also spiritual Israel—the fulfillment of God's promises to ancient Israel. They expect the restoration of Israel in the Middle East. However, along the way, literal Israel gave up its right to be God's missionary nation. After the 70 weeks (490 literal years) that God cut off for them according to the book of Daniel, Literal Israel would never get a second chance again. God gave the nation and its leaders so many opportunities to repent and go back to Him but after the 70 weeks ended they still had not changed. This is going to happen to the world too. God has given us chance after chance to repent and change our ways but one day probation will close once and for all. Revelation 22:11, He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. There will be no second chances for the world ever again just like there will never be a second chance for the nation of Israel again.

God gave Israel a long time in which to change and choose Him just like He is giving the world because He is unwilling to give up one soul that might yet choose eternal life. However, it has to come to an end at some point. Sin must come to an end once and for all.

Last edited: