Random Thoughts

polymoog

Superstar

i had the jawa, but threw the jacket away the moment i opened the package.
i also had the boba fett, second edition. i might have had the first one or at least
played with it at a friends house because i remember firing it.
im almost sure i had that darth vader, but i bit the plastic liight saber off. no idea why,
but i didnt like thin parts-- i think it reminded me of those plastic things that attach the price
tag to clothes. some of the lego parts go the same treatment. the antennas, especially.
the medical droid was great with all of the arms that came out and fit back in. a friend had
that one.

Maes17

Superstar
But

i had the jawa, but threw the jacket away the moment i opened the package.
i also had the boba fett, second edition. i might have had the first one or at least
played with it at a friends house because i remember firing it.
im almost sure i had that darth vader, but i bit the plastic liight saber off. no idea why,
but i didnt like thin parts-- i think it reminded me of those plastic things that attach the price
tag to clothes. some of the lego parts go the same treatment. the antennas, especially.
the medical droid was great with all of the arms that came out and fit back in. a friend had
that one.
I used to have a bunch of star wars toys when I was younger. I think they were made by kenner?

Tbh I think a lot of my toys would be worth a penny if I still had them around.

I even had most of the power rangers stuff. The megazords you assemble. Had that. All made by saban/ban-dai I believe. Holy moly what a blast from the past!

DesertRose

Superstar
Greetings! :)
I am currently out of the Pacific North West and am in the Gulf region .....
I have been jet lagged and waking up at around 3 in the morning and my usual routine has been to head downstairs to my nearby mosque for morning prayers.
PS I think I like this sleep schedule better, why do people spend the best part of the day sleeping? I would keep a nine to 4 am schedule forever.
2 days ago there was a cat lounging in front of the mosque door and I opened the door and stepped around it. I was secretly pleased that she did not scare.
Then another lady that came for morning prayers shushed her away and I was displeased.
PPS. in North America we get into cars to go to prayers and here they have it so easy just head downstairs and viola....many do not realize this blessing..
Brussels is a city for dogs the Emirates have cities for cats.
After prayers, I went for a walk around near the waterfront area which is also near a central location of the town.I enjoyed a few activities such as window shopping, the garden views, and the strange smells!
I peered into windows of beautiful textile displays and perfumes among other things.
There were names such as Napoli shoes and Verona textiles:). I imagine a Shakespearean play.....I like his plays.:p
There is a nearby mall that is called a souk, and they have these yummy looking cakes so far ...........I have been battling my desire for these cakes.:mad:
I will win.
On a serious note, world events seem to be appalling and makes me want to sink in prayers.
May we all stay safe. These are troubling times.:(
As I write this I am listening to Paul Craig Roberts.
I am going to be traveling soon around the region so it will be difficult to be active online.
I have been lurking as well as soaking, sorting ;) through information for now. I am in reflection mode but it is hard to assess if the info is truthful, unfortunately.

Thank you for missing me, and thanks for the laughs and roses.

This is a video that pertains to those who argue for our collective oppressors.......
AMERICANS HAVE STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

Last edited:

The Zone

Star
so, I had my TV on CBS News which was showing the eclipse in Wyoming. They cut to a commercial break showing the CBS eye as they played Blue Oyster Cult...lyrics

Home in the darkness
Home on the highway
Home isn't my way
Home will never be
Burn out the day
Burn out the night
I can't see no reason to put up a fight
I'm living for giving the devil his due
And I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you
I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you

Just a bit of an odd choice using a cult band from the 80's. BTW, I wonder what flat earth types think about the celestial event? 3-2-1...

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
so, I had my TV on CBS News which was showing the eclipse in Wyoming. They cut to a commercial break showing the CBS eye as they played Blue Oyster Cult...lyrics

Home in the darkness
Home on the highway
Home isn't my way
Home will never be
Burn out the day
Burn out the night
I can't see no reason to put up a fight
I'm living for giving the devil his due
And I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you
I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you

Just a bit of an odd choice using a cult band from the 80's. BTW, I wonder what flat earth types think about the celestial event? 3-2-1...
Such a good song. I listened to it a lot in early 2016. So I always think of that song and the fun times of winter that year. Lol