No regard...for the desire of women

Haich

Superstar
If somebody saved you from the fire by their own suffering, would you perhaps have a change of heart and begin to care about the standards that mattered to them?
But I thought jesus died for the original sin that mankind 'inherited' from adam?

How could jesus have died for a sin I choose to commit today?

We all sin, repent and sin again. Why does the Christian get to go to paradise as a sinner and not be held accountable?

Doesn't sound very just. If my Christian neighbour wronged me and I retaliate, why does he go to heaven and get off Scot-free and I suffer the consequences?

Serveto

Star
Terribly afraid of heights and bungee’s so that wouldn’t work for me.

The reason I bring scripture into anything is because that’s where I get a lot of what I believe...so why wouldn’t I bring it in?

I don’t try to be opposed, but try to clarify what I’m saying thinking that that might help..but it never does. I am just a naturally opposable person I guess?

It’s easy to incite the muslims, they can’t believe anyone could think any thing is wrong with their religion and they go on the defensive. I happen to think a lot is wrong with islam, so that will always seem to pit me against them. I don’t necessarily do it through Christianity unless they start to bring up that Ishmael has a part in the covenant or that their god is the same as our God, but as a woman and not liking what I see of women in islam which concerns me as a woman watching women being erased and demeaned to maybe having to one day see that happen in my world here.

As for biting my fellow Christians here..truth matters.
Well, as you probably remember, you did once help me to better understand what was, to me, a problematic portion of the Old Testament, and I thanked and acknowledged you for it. So I am one of the -occasional- fans of hash tag teamlisa.

As for being afraid of heights, that's all the better to provide an adrenaline rush! C'mon, it's fun.

Lisa

Superstar
So it is the belief in jesus that saves you?

So then may I ask, if you're saved from the fire then what is the point in doing good?
Saved from the fire and being used by God for His purposes, its not my purposes.
It was an unsubstantiated vision. I don't believe he met jesus.
Not really, Luke tells us the story of Paul on the road to Damascus and the disciples believed the story.
Acts‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭
But Barnabas took hold of him and brought him to the apostles and described to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had talked to him, and how at Damascus he had spoken out boldly in the name of Jesus.​
‭‭
Galatians‬ ‭2:7-9‬ ‭
But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised (for He who effectually worked for Peter in his apostleship to the circumcised effectually worked for me also to the Gentiles), and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we might go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.​
‭‭

Lisa

Superstar
Well, as you probably remember, you did once help me to better understand what was, to me, a problematic portion of the Old Testament, and I thanked and acknowledged you for it. So I am one of the -occasional- fans of hash tag teamlisa.

As for being afraid of heights, that's all the better to provide an adrenaline rush! C'mon, it's fun.
No, I really can’t stand to be near any ledge. I was good for a little while after I did go ape in England, but I’ve gone back to my old fears, unfortunately.

Lisa

Superstar
lisa thinks the fact tbat people dont like her and people "oppose" her is a special badge from god. she goes lit of her way to be as intolerable as possinle to be more loved bt god. martyr comex mentioned earlier was spot on.
Haha, that was just a rumor about me...

Haich

Superstar
Saved from the fire and being used by God for His purposes, its not my purposes.

Not really, Luke tells us the story of Paul on the road to Damascus and the disciples believed the story.
Acts‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭​

But Barnabas took hold of him and brought him to the apostles and described to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had talked to him, and how at Damascus he had spoken out boldly in the name of Jesus.​
‭‭
Galatians‬ ‭2:7-9‬ ‭​

But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised (for He who effectually worked for Peter in his apostleship to the circumcised effectually worked for me also to the Gentiles), and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we might go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.​
‭‭
Are you speaking in tongues? What does that even mean? How does God use you for His own purposes? So He speaks to you like he spoke to Moses?

And did Luke ever meet Jesus?

Haich

Superstar
No, I really can’t stand to be near any ledge. I was good for a little while after I did go ape in England, but I’ve gone back to my old fears, unfortunately.
You came to England?

How did you find the diversity?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
But I thought jesus died for the original sin that mankind 'inherited' from adam?

We all sin, repent and sin again. Why does the Christian get to go to paradise as a sinner and not be held accountable?

Doesn't sound very just. If my Christian neighbour wronged me and I retaliate, why does he go to heaven and get off Scot-free and I suffer the consequences?
Is it “fair” that we should be forgiven of our sins through faith? Certainly it represents infinitely grace beyond what we deserve. A Christian who truly understands the extent of their sin and the completeness of their forgiveness because of the atoning death of Jesus should show others grace too.

Here’s a parable from Matthew 18 that illustrates the point:-

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

21Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

22Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. 23Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

28“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29So his fellow servant fell down [e]at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you [f]all.’ 30And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

35“So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother [g]his trespasses.”

Lisa

Superstar

Jesus died for every sin everyone who are living now and have lived ever did, He who knew no sin, took everyone’s sins upon Himself.

Jesus being God is omniscient.

The sacrifice of Jesus is what washes away our sins..nothing but the blood of Jesus!

The Christian doesn’t get off scot free if they wronged you, God would probably have them do the right thing by you after they repent with Him. As to not going to the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, that’s what believing on Jesus saves you from, you don’t perish but have everlasting life.

Haich

Superstar
Is it “fair” that we should be forgiven of our sins through faith? Certainly it represents infinitely grace beyond what we deserve. A Christian who truly understands the extent of their sin and the completeness of their forgiveness because of the atoning death of Jesus should show others grace too.

Here’s a parable from Matthew 18 that illustrates the point:-

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

21Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

22Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. 23Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

28“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29So his fellow servant fell down [e]at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you [f]all.’ 30And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

35“So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother [g]his trespasses.”
Hm sounds like a licence to sin.

You can't enter the fire so believe and praise God, sin on the side and you'll be fine.

Reminds me of my childhood crush. 'Trust me, I love you more than all these cookies! Just believe me but I won't play on the swings with you and actually show you how much I like you!'

Lisa

Superstar
Are you speaking in tongues? What does that even mean? How does God use you for His own purposes? So He speaks to you like he spoke to Moses?

And did Luke ever meet Jesus?
I am speaking english, I am not able to speak in tongues.

I would say that God brings about circumstances and has a role for you to play in them.

Luke was one of the people inspired by God to write his book in the Bible, so we can say that his part in the Bible is accurate and that Paul was a disciple of God’s.

Haich

Superstar
Jesus died for every sin everyone who are living now and have lived ever did, He who knew no sin, took everyone’s sins upon Himself.

Jesus being God is omniscient.

The sacrifice of Jesus is what washes away our sins..nothing but the blood of Jesus!

The Christian doesn’t get off scot free if they wronged you, God would probably have them do the right thing by you after they repent with Him. As to not going to the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, that’s what believing on Jesus saves you from, you don’t perish but have everlasting life.
You have an everlasting life and no accountability for the sin you do.

Doesn't sound just to me.

Lisa

Superstar
You came to England?

How did you find the diversity?
I’ve been to England a couple of times. I liked going there and having tea.

The first time was in the 80’s and I was young and didn’t notice, except at the airport, seemed odd to me to see people in robes, but then its international.

The second time was 11 years ago, I didn’t stay in London as much but we did find ourselves in an iffy area where even a passenger on the bus asked us why we were in that area.

Haich

Superstar
I am speaking english, I am not able to speak in tongues.

I would say that God brings about circumstances and has a role for you to play in them.

Luke was one of the people inspired by God to write his book in the Bible, so we can say that his part in the Bible is accurate and that Paul was a disciple of God’s.
Why are you so vague? These abstract trails you're leaving is so weird.

Those circumstances just sound like life. Don't get what role God has specifically asked you to play in this life. And how has he told you this?

According to google, Luke was a greek physician who was a disciple of Paul.

He's cancelled.

Lisa

Superstar
Hm sounds like a licence to sin.

You can't enter the fire so believe and praise God, sin on the side and you'll be fine.

Reminds me of my childhood crush. 'Trust me, I love you more than all these cookies! Just believe me but I won't play on the swings with you and actually show you how much I like you!'
No, its not a license to sin, but a calling to not sin and stay with God in a world that is made to take you away from God.

Haich

Superstar
I’ve been to England a couple of times. I liked going there and having tea.

The first time was in the 80’s and I was young and didn’t notice, except at the airport, seemed odd to me to see people in robes, but then its international.

The second time was 11 years ago, I didn’t stay in London as much but we did find ourselves in an iffy area where even a passenger on the bus asked us why we were in that area.
Did you go for afternoon tea? Simply stupendous.

Yh London tends to have odd areas and it's not safe anymore. Too much knife crime...

Lisa

Superstar
Sorry, @Haich I’ve got some things I’ve got to do today, I’ll have to come back to this later, thanks for the discussion.

Haich

Superstar
No, its not a license to sin, but a calling to not sin and stay with God in a world that is made to take you away from God.
But you're going to heaven anyway so a Christian can sin, profess their love for jesus and never see the fire.