Islamic Videos: All Welcome

DesertRose

Superstar
Everyone likes stories and this is one of my favorites:
The power of seeking forgiveness of the Creator (Istigfar):
The Importance of Dhikr
Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal ( 780–855 CE/164–241 AH), and the Baker
During his old age, Imam Ahmad, a renowned scholar of Islam and a famous theologian, was travelling when he stopped by a town. After salah (prayer), he wanted to stay for the night in the mosque. Owing to his humility, he hadn't introduced himself to anyone thinking that if he did, he would be welcomed by many people.

Failing to recognize Ahmad bin Hanbal, the caretaker of the mosque refused to let him stay in the mosque. A baker, whose shop was nearby, watched this scene and took pity on Imam Ahmed. He invited the Imam to stay with him for the night.

He watched as the baker mixed and kneaded the dough, tended the fire, and pulled hot loves from the oven, all the while uttering remembrances of Allah and Istighfar (asking for Allah's forgiveness). In the morning, the Imam eagerly asked his host about the latter's continual seeking of forgiveness. The baker said it had become like second nature, and Imam Ahmad then asked whether the man had experienced any reward from this practice. The baker answered, "By Allah! No dua I made except that it was answered but one." When Ibn Hanbal asked what that unanswered prayer was, the baker responded: "To see the famed Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal." At this, tears came to Ibn Hanbal's eyes and he told the baker, "I am Ahmed ibn Hanbal!" "By Allah! I was brought to your place so that you can have your dua/wish come true."

This story is a reminder of the power of saying Istighfar frequently. Tafseer Al-Qurtubi states:

A man complained to Al-Hasan Al-Basri about a drought, and he said to him: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

Another man complained to him of poverty and he said to him: "Pray to Allah to forgive you."

Another man said to him: "Pray to Allah to bless me with a child." He said: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

Another complained to him that his garden was dry. He said to him: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

He was asked about it and he said: "This is not my personal opinion, for Allah says in Surah Nuh (interpretation of the meaning):

"Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance. And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers." Tafseer Al-Qurtubi (18/301-302)

Last edited:
Everyone likes stories and this is one of my favorites:
The power of seeking forgiveness of the Creator (Istigfar):
The Importance of Dhikr
Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal ( 780–855 CE/164–241 AH), and the Baker
During his old age, Imam Ahmad, a renowned scholar of Islam and a famous theologian, was travelling when he stopped by a town. After salah (prayer), he wanted to stay for the night in the mosque. Owing to his humility, he hadn't introduced himself to anyone thinking that if he did, he would be welcomed by many people.

Failing to recognize Ahmad bin Hanbal, the caretaker of the mosque refused to let him stay in the mosque. A baker, whose shop was nearby, watched this scene and took pity on Imam Ahmed. He invited the Imam to stay with him for the night.

He watched as the baker mixed and kneaded the dough, tended the fire, and pulled hot loves from the oven, all the while uttering remembrances of Allah and Istighfar (asking for Allah's forgiveness). In the morning, the Imam eagerly asked his host about the latter's continual seeking of forgiveness. The baker said it had become like second nature, and Imam Ahmad then asked whether the man had experienced any reward from this practice. The baker answered, "By Allah! No dua I made except that it was answered but one." When Ibn Hanbal asked what that unanswered prayer was, the baker responded: "To see the famed Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal." At this, tears came to Ibn Hanbal's eyes and he told the baker, "I am Ahmed ibn Hanbal!" "By Allah! I was brought to your place so that you can have your dua/wish come true."

This story is a reminder of the power of saying Istighfar frequently. Tafseer Al-Qurtubi states:

A man complained to Al-Hasan Al-Basri about a drought, and he said to him: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

Another man complained to him of poverty and he said to him: "Pray to Allah to forgive you."

Another man said to him: "Pray to Allah to bless me with a child." He said: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

Another complained to him that his garden was dry. He said to him: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

He was asked about it and he said: "This is not my personal opinion, for Allah says in Surah Nuh (interpretation of the meaning):

"Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance. And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers." Tafseer Al-Qurtubi (18/301-302)
Jazak Allahu Khairan Sister. What a beautiful reminder subhan Allah....

SpektaCoolAir

Established
WHAT SHOCKED THE ANGEL OF DEATH?

PLEASE NOTE: Any of the views expressed by the speakers do not necessarily represent the views of The Merciful Servant (and SpektaCoolAir) or any other projects it may have or intend to do. The Merciful Servant and it's affiliates do not advocate nor condone any unlawful activity towards any individual or community.