Islamic Videos: All Welcome

DesertRose

Superstar
Edit: I really appreciate all the other verses yall have added here and I dont think anyone here is "cherry-picking". I think its a wonderful thread. I was mainly speaking about myself and the rest of us outside of the Ramadan months as our hearts sometimes grow harder and colder without the mercy of Allah locking away the devil during this holy month.
Brought your comment here:)
May Allah increase you in all that is good and merciful in Ramadan and outside of it. InshaAllah ameen.

"O mankind!

There has come to you an instruction from your Lord,

a cure for whatever (disease) is in your hearts,

a guidance and a blessing for the true believers." [Yunus - 10:57]

It is okay T_T I think we should always work to improve ourselves to the best of our abilities and to try to be an example.
You are right the Quran is also full of admonitions on how to fix oursleves so that we do not fall upon the same sins that others have fallen into.
For example we are supposed to support what is morally right and forbid what is morally wrong in ourselves and in the communities we live in.
Some Muslims are falling short of these standards trying to appease the norms of others. Unfortunately! Then there are others who go to the other extremes of bringing their harsh cultural norms and passing it off as Islam. We are an ummah of moderation neither are we to be to lax nor to harsh and ummah whose way of life is easy to take on, May Allah help us. InshaAllah Ameen.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Brought your comment here:)
May Allah increase you in all that is good and merciful in Ramadan and outside of it. InshaAllah ameen.

"O mankind!

There has come to you an instruction from your Lord,

a cure for whatever (disease) is in your hearts,

a guidance and a blessing for the true believers." [Yunus - 10:57]

It is okay T_T I think we should always work to improve ourselves to the best of our abilities and to try to be an example.
You are right the Quran is also full of admonitions on how to fix oursleves so that we do not fall upon the same sins that others have fallen into.
For example we are supposed to support what is morally right and forbid what is morally wrong in ourselves and in the communities we live in.
Some Muslims are falling short of these standards trying to appease the norms of others. Unfortunately! Then there are others who go to the other extremes of bringing their harsh cultural norms and passing it off as Islam. We are an ummah of moderation neither are we to be to lax nor to harsh and ummah whose way of life is easy to take on, May Allah help us. InshaAllah Ameen.

A powerful post. Thank you and I will try to watch the video soon!

EpistemiX

Established
I watched these three videos of a Muslim preacher named Imam Siraj Wahhaj. His style reminds me of the avengelical preacher except, this guys actually means well. There's something very nice about him and I can't quite put my finger on it.

The second video has a story in it that made me laugh out loud. I really dig this fellow!

I went back and subbed to all three channels just in case they have more of him in future :) here's to hoping.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
There's something very nice about him and I can't quite put my finger on it.
Yup his style is easy,makes sense and he is excellent for fundraising too:)
He also was one of the people who helped me early on in my path towards practicing Islam!
Thanks @EpistemiX May Allah reward you and ease your way to the highest level of jannah inshaAllah. Ameen

EpistemiX

Established
Yup his style is easy,makes sense and he is excellent for fundraising too:)
He's like a friendly generous warm fuzzy grandad :)

He also was one of the people who helped me early on in my path towards practicing Islam!
You converted to Islam?
Thanks @EpistemiX May Allah reward you and ease your way to the highest level of jannah inshaAllah. Ameen
Jannah is heaven. Got that from a little reading. Thank your kind words, and may God bless you also. Amen! :)