Islamic Videos: All Welcome

DesertRose

Superstar
That's what they read for Ruqyah right?
Must be very powerful!

Thank you very much!
May Allah bless you))
Yes along with Ayah al kursi and sura al-falak.7x

There are different suras and supplications are recited depending on what is needed for ruqya
e.g sihr/magic or illness etc.:
Edit this article might be more relevant: https://islamqa.info/en/3476
May Allah bless you more! Ameen.

yiksmes

Established
Water Ph test

ZAM ZAM Water :)
Hopefully i can try this tomorrow! - I hope it's the real zamzam water but i guess i'm gonna find out =)
Zamzam water - check - Ph tester - check =) although i asked someone to order the ph tester for me, so i hope it's not gonna be some complicated one. Also gonna test some other water i drink.. And also Russian "Evian" ("Naive" backwards)
I'm gonna be so happy if it's real Zamzam - i wanted to try it for such long time.

Can't wait till tomorrow =))

yiksmes

Established
Hopefully i can try this tomorrow! - I hope it's the real zamzam water but i guess i'm gonna find out =)
Zamzam water - check - Ph tester - check =) although i asked someone to order the ph tester for me, so i hope it's not gonna be some complicated one. Also gonna test some other water i drink.. And also Russian "Evian" ("Naive" backwards)
I'm gonna be so happy if it's real Zamzam - i wanted to try it for such long time.

Can't wait till tomorrow =))
If anybody is interested, i tested Evian, some Russian brand, (Snezhenskaya) Russian artesian water i usually drink by the name of Baikal, my tap water, the extra sink in my tap water that goes through the special filter and last but not least Zamzam..

3rd place: Snezhenskaya
2nd: Baikal
1st: Zamzam - God is greatest

Last place: The filtered water from the sink lol - normal tap water is actually pretty good.

One thing though, i didn't calibrate the pH tester, don't have the right stuff.
When i do and maybe ask someone for help on how to if i get confused, i will try again with calibrated tester.

EpistemiX

Established
I just watched this earlier today. Many a moon ago I formed the opinion that religion is not compatible with scientific enquiry.

Looks like I was wrong. This Muslim showed remarkable understanding and insight, and the professor clearly lost this out to the Muslim's well premised understanding of the philosophy of science!

Absolutely remarkable!!!

Etagloc

Superstar
Zakir Naik's not afraid of the tough questions! And he gives answers in such a cool and down-to-earth way.

I have some of his DVDs. Very earnest and very nice- yet he speaks in a way that's authoritative. Zakir Naik is a great speaker. Honestly his boldness reminds me of Malcolm X but he seems like such a nice and sincere guy that you can't help but smile. Not criticizing Malcolm X of course! Imagine what history would be like if Malcolm hadn't been murdered and he had spent the rest of his life promoting Islam. I think United States culture- at least in the inner cities- would be very different- and in a positive way. I'm happy that he touched people's lives, though. There are people who really love him. Then there's Ahmed Deedat and Assim Al-Hakeem. Plus Yusuf Estes! So many great Muslim speakers. How I wish I knew Arabic and Urdu. However, there's no one quite like the local imam. I'm almost convinced he's the best in the world.

Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.

-Surah Ali Imran [3:10]

I feel such love for this verse and feel a little guilty also thinking about it. I think- especially during this Ramadan- I really need to focus on making sure that I'm doing my best to enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong (starting with myself, of course). It's hard in an anything-goes culture to try to tell people certain things. I wanted to warn a younger man against fornication but then someone changed the topic when I tried to discuss the issue. People, though, aren't trying to hear those sort of messages. Ultimately, though- what matters I think from one end is not so much whether they listen to you but that you tried. Maybe they'll understand later.

Last edited: