If Christianity was false, how would you know?

You call good evil by saying the things you do about God..
What do you see as anything inaccurate in what I put?

And if nothing, then show where I call good evil and where you disagree.

I won’t hold my breath as cowards can never be moral and you are too much of a coward to see how vile your genocidal gods is or even try to do decent apologetics for your satanic Yahweh.

You are a Satanist.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I like what Peter Hitchens (Christopher’s brother) had to say on the matter:-

“Why is it they so much want there not to be a God?”
~ Thomas Nagal

Edit...

In response to the repeated questions on ethics, goodness, reason, science and the supernatural, Professor John Lennox addresses the topic well:-

Last edited:
The way you talk towards me is rather satanic in that you are always denigrating my God in such a blasphemous way...a lot like the antichrist will probably do...
Meanwhile, Satanists like you adore a genocidal god.

Tell us what compels you to promote him and his homophobic and misogynous religion?

Regards
DL

Likewise, @Red Sky at Morning if Christianity was true, how you you know?
Once again it'd be helpful if Christians had an answer to this.

Lets apply the metaphor given by Red Sky at Morning:

Imagine the strange conversation between someone at the top a burning building and a fireman on a ladder. The person may not believe there is a fire raging in the lower floors but that doesn’t change things. “You want me to come with you, don’t you?!”, challenges the unconvinced resident. Objectively, if he only knew, he shouldn’t blame the guy on the ladder for wanting to help.

You talk as though you have all the time in the world.

You genuinely might not.

Now that person offering help could be someone from any religion, how do we know which is false?
As I replied to you earlier "...............and the fact that mainstream Christians believe that God was a man with a penis who was killed by capital punishment in 33AD, basically naked on the cross (more brutal than the kinds of depictions that I've seen in Easter festivals growing up, which are fairly tame enough for it to be a family event)" it is certainly not difficult at all to see everything about Christianity is an absurdity.
As I also said recently: "Which truth claims do you think overrides rational questioning? I'm interested to know.
Is this a matter of "something that is too absurd and too dubious must be true if it's extreme enough"?

Also, why do you favor exclusivity over universality? surely if you have nine doctors claiming that humans have two arms, then you have one lone doctor claiming that humans have three arms, then that would raise a lot of doubts for you whether to trust that one doctor who's claims are not lining up with observable and experienceable reality at all (no, not materialistically).
Or do you have to resort to paranoia about the other nine doctors, and claim that they're all frauds who are there to deceive their clients?"

So to ask again, if Christianity was false, how would you know?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think another take on the OP might be “If your parents were lying about you being their child, how would you know”

The answer might be from the relationship itself. Ultimately, you may not be able to hold up a ruler or put the answer in a pot and boil it, but for those who know their parents, they know.

In the same spirit, Jesus says the following, reported in John 10:-

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

For me it was Jesus' relics, the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo. Prior to this I was convinced Christianity was valuable and contained divine revelation, but the resurrection became a fact after investigating these two relics. Suddenly I realised the Resurrection had to be true for Christianity to be true. And it is.

Edit: For clarity's sake, we're talking about the three main claims of Christianity, namely: deity of Christ, death on the Cross and Resurrection. This isn't about validating one specific branch of Christianity.

Todd

Star
So to ask again, if Christianity was false, how would you know?
I know truth based on the fruit it produces. I have personally witnessed the power of Jesus' Name and the resurrection. Much of what I used to believe, as taught by the various denominations and sects of Christianity I was apart of, I have since rejected because of the negative fruit I saw it produce. So I know that much of mainstream, orthodox, instituional Christianity is false, based on the fruit it produces.

The true test of any faith, belief, doctrine, or theology is the evidence of the fruit that it produces in those who hold it be true and actually live and practice it.

Lisa

Superstar
I know truth based on the fruit it produces. I have personally witnessed the power of Jesus' Name and the resurrection. Much of what I used to believe, as taught by the various denominations and sects of Christianity I was apart of, I have since rejected because of the negative fruit I saw it produce. So I know that much of mainstream, orthodox, instituional Christianity is false, based on the fruit it produces.

The true test of any faith, belief, doctrine, or theology is the evidence of the fruit that it produces in those who hold it be true and actually live and practice it.
Matthew‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭
For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
‭‭
BUT...
Matthew‬ ‭7:13‬ ‭
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
‭‭

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
The simple way to determine if ANY religion is false is to compare the ACTIONS of its followers with we've been COMMANDED to do in the Scriptures. The Scriptures have proven their accuracy and unfailing ability to predict future events with stunning precision, leaving no reasonable doubt as to their authenticity.

If the teachings of an organization - and the actions of those who follow those teachings - are at odds with what it says in the Scriptures, i.e. the Old Covenant, New Covenant and Koran, then they are obviously false (teaching lies and doing evil).

Do the "Jews" keep The Law (Torah)? No. The Law prohibits all man-made traditions, legislation, rules, policies, "codes" and religious rites and rituals, including the Talmud. Talmudic Judaism is based upon the Talmud, which is in direct violation of The Law.

Do the "Christians" obey The Law as Christ teaches? No. They too have made up their own rules, and their own god, in direct violation of the Bible.

Do the "Muslims" obey the Koran, which tells them they MUST read and obey The Law and the Gospel, which were delivered by God's Messengers to those "true in faith" as a guide? No. They instead follow their own made-up rules and traditions, known as the Hadith, which was likewise written in direct violation of the Scriptures.

The same story goes for all other organized religions, e.g. Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc. ALL of them.

That's how we know that ALL organized religion is satanic in origin, if it wasn't self-evident (obvious) from its divide and conquer strategy.

The Way to God is simple: OBEY GOD ONLY.

That's the ONLY Way to unite mankind under a single standard: our Creator's PERFECT Law of Liberty, given to us to protect us from all of these evil organized religions and the war and poverty they cause, and to set and keep us FREE.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
An interesting question:-

“The simple way to determine if ANY religion is false is to compare the ACTIONS of its followers with we've been COMMANDED to do in the Scriptures.”

This presupposes that for God’s standards to be right and true, His supposed followers should be able and willing at all times to adhere to them. I find this statement disconnects from reality in all sorts of ways...

Perhaps the only people who are consistent with the teachings of their deities are folk who embrace dualism, embrace the light AND dark and therefore rarely fall short of any standards, having not actually aspired to any?

A Freeman

Superstar
An interesting question:-

“The simple way to determine if ANY religion is false is to compare the ACTIONS of its followers with we've been COMMANDED to do in the Scriptures.”

This presupposes that for God’s standards to be right and true, His supposed followers should be able and willing at all times to adhere to them. I find this statement disconnects from reality in all sorts of ways...

Perhaps the only people who are consistent with the teachings of their deities are folk who embrace dualism, embrace the light AND dark and therefore rarely fall short of any standards, having not actually aspired to any?
While it is certainly true that virtually no one is doing what we're supposed to be doing, God's Standard for what is right and what is wrong isn't at issue; nor does it depend on whether we follow it or not. It's our continued survival that depends upon living up to God's Standard of what is right and wrong, not the other way around.

What is right/good and what is wrong/evil are NOT transient theories.

If we all truly understood this, there would be no more organized religions, no more man-made tyrannical governments with their fabricated and fraudulent legislation which creates poverty, crime and slavery on a massive scale, to enrich and empower a few depraved individuals who are hell-bent on destroying everyone and everything, for their master: the prince of darkness (Lucifer/Satan/Iblis).

TokiEl

Superstar
As I replied to you earlier "...............and the fact that mainstream Christians believe that God was a man with a penis who was killed by capital punishment in 33AD, basically naked on the cross (more brutal than the kinds of depictions that I've seen in Easter festivals growing up, which are fairly tame enough for it to be a family event)" it is certainly not difficult at all to see everything about Christianity is an absurdity.
Yes it's absolutely absurd.

1 Corinthians 1 18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not know Him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

22Jews demand signs and Greeks search for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,c 24but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.