How And Why Does Israel Have So Much Power?

Stucky

Star
US backs UN Security Council statement denouncing Israeli settlements in rare move

Statement is the first time the US has allowed the security council to take action against Israel in six years

Israel was quick to hit back at the declaration, with the office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu saying it denied the "historic" rights of the Jewish people.

WTF??? :D
I really don't know what to make of this. America is on board with a 'statement' but would have used their veto to kill any resolution.

Abbas gets two choices, withdraw the resolution in favour of a statement and the U.S will give (bribe) you aid...or go ahead with the res and the U.S will veto.

Meanwhile Nuttyyahoo agrees to a "Temporary pause on settlement building" Temporary being the key word in all of this.

On the plus side it was good to see that Israel's new bestest Arab buddy was the sponsor of the res...Ooooftttt

On that aid. It's (was) estimated that 78% of international aid ends up in Israels economy

Seems like a win win for nutty and co.

Last edited:

DavidSon

Star
I really don't know what to make of this. America is on board with a 'statement' but would have used their veto to kill any resolution.

Abbas gets two choices, withdraw the resolution in favour of a statement and the U.S will give (bribe) you aid...or go ahead with the res and the U.S will veto.

Meanwhile Nuttyyahoo agrees to a "Temporary pause on settlement building" Temporary being the key word in all of this.

On the plus side it was good to see that Israel's new bestest Arab buddy was the sponsor of the res...Ooooftttt

On that aid. It's (was) estimated that 78% of international aid ends up in Israels economy

Seems like a win win for nutty and co.
Yeah I was hesitant to post the news as we know the UN's handling of Israel is toothless either way. Yet as the Palestinian envoy said to have a unanimous vote isolates the problem, which is positive.

As many critics have commented, Israeli apologists want the facade of democracy and the new extremist government is an affront to their liberal sensibilities. It's really just hypocrisy but with large protests in Israel even this 1/2 step toward lawfulness is a step in the right direction.

Yet, if the United State is deeply troubled, these days, obviously, it is not because justice is not delivered to the Palestinians after almost a century of Western hegemony. It is because the pillars of Israel are shaking. Opposition leaders are warning of civil war, investors have started withdrawing their investments from Israel, the chiefs of the army, the police and the intelligence are warning against giving free-hand to lunatic ministers, the same ministers who are building militias in the West Bank under the pretext of self-defence, the judiciary and the opposition are opposing "judicial reform" which they called a "judicial coup" and every weekend more than hundred thousand people demonstrate against the current far-right government.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20230220-america-is-deeply-troubled-so-what/

Stucky

Star
Yeah I was hesitant to post the news as we know the UN's handling of Israel is toothless either way. Yet as the Palestinian envoy said to have a unanimous vote isolates the problem, which is positive.

As many critics have commented, Israeli apologists want the facade of democracy and the new extremist government is an affront to their liberal sensibilities. It's really just hypocrisy but with large protests in Israel even this 1/2 step toward lawfulness is a step in the right direction.

Yet, if the United State is deeply troubled, these days, obviously, it is not because justice is not delivered to the Palestinians after almost a century of Western hegemony. It is because the pillars of Israel are shaking. Opposition leaders are warning of civil war, investors have started withdrawing their investments from Israel, the chiefs of the army, the police and the intelligence are warning against giving free-hand to lunatic ministers, the same ministers who are building militias in the West Bank under the pretext of self-defence, the judiciary and the opposition are opposing "judicial reform" which they called a "judicial coup" and every weekend more than hundred thousand people demonstrate against the current far-right government.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20230220-america-is-deeply-troubled-so-what/

Speaking of fascism and hypocrisy, that same state who is now apparently up in arms, voted This guy into office on two separate occasions during the '80s, and I'm pretty sure Israel was a much more 'liberal' state back then.

Last edited:

DavidSon

Star
Speaking of fascism and hypocrisy, that same state who is now apparently up in arms, voted This guy into office on two separate occasions during the '80s, and I'm pretty sure Israel was a much more 'liberal' state back then.
Informative article, thanks. As you're implying, Israel could never really be called "liberal". Those who defend Israel's cruelty are obviously so obsessed that every crime is excused, every lie is (attempted to be) swept away from history. Thankfully we have such accurate records and the world will always know how Israel came to be.

Israeli Airstrikes Target Sites in Besieged Gaza (VIDEOS)

Violence flares around Gaza after deadly Israeli raid

Stucky

Star
Informative article, thanks. As you're implying, Israel could never really be called "liberal". Those who defend Israel's cruelty are obviously so obsessed that every crime is excused, every lie is (attempted to be) swept away from history. Thankfully we have such accurate records and the world will always know how Israel came to be.
Sad thing is, that in just over two months time, we're going to be bombarded with the grotesque sight of the settler state 'celebrating' its 75th birthday. All those lies they tell will be rammed down our throats. That's why i started a thread in an attempt to expose the lies. I hoped some members would add to it but it never seemed to take off. But still, its there for posterity. The link in this Comment certainly deserves more attention and a wider audience.

Also, if anyone is interested, this video would be worthwhile watching. run time around 30 mins

Stucky

Star
In just two days – and despite international condemnation – Israel has approved more plans for housing units in the West Bank than the total approved in previous years and is legalizing numerous outposts

Sad thing is, that in just over two months time, we're going to be bombarded with the grotesque sight of the settler state 'celebrating' its 75th birthday. All those lies they tell will be rammed down our throats. That's why i started a thread in an attempt to expose the lies. I hoped some members would add to it but it never seemed to take off. But still, its there for posterity. The link in this Comment certainly deserves more attention and a wider audience.

Also, if anyone is interested, this video would be worthwhile watching. run time around 30 mins

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know about Nurit Peled-Elhanan, she's such an insightful woman. Looking at her she seems to be around the same age, as my Jewish friend who I posted about here and seems to saying something very similar:

I think it's important to note that what Israel teaches their children is a lot hatred for people who are different than them in their schools. It's a place that ultimately lacks humanity. In the end, even Nurit also said the segregationist mindset being taught to the Israeli children is not exclusive to them either, which I think is telling.

Stucky

Star

From the article,

"This includes an Israeli commitment "to stop discussion of any new settlement units for four months" and to not legalise any unofficial wildcat outposts for six months, it said."

the Americans said,

""We recognise that this meeting was a starting point and that there is much work to do over the coming weeks and months to build a stable and prosperous future for Israelis and Palestinians alike," Sullivan said of the Aqaba meeting. "Implementation will be critical," White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said in a statement."

Then The extremist zionist minister,

"I have no idea what they spoke about or not in Jordan," said Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich, who also has responsibilities over Jewish settlements in the West Bank.

"But one thing I do know: there will not be a freeze on the building and development in settlements, not even for one day (it is under my authority)," he wrote on Twitter."

EDIT: "
But hours after the joint statement was released, Netanyahu tweeted that “the building and authorization in Judea and Samaria will continue according to the original planning and building schedule, with no change,” using the biblical term for the West Bank.

There is not and will not be any freeze,”

The maniacs continue to urinate all over uncle sam. Biden will probably respond by giving them more money...

Meanwhile,

Last edited:

Stucky

Star

Victory is defeat: Palestinian children’s art exposes Israel’s cultural genocide

Stucky

Star
Victory is defeat: Palestinian children’s art exposes Israel’s cultural genocide

The Art in question,

Stucky

Star
BTW, I like Handala as your avatar!
I thought it would be a nice gesture given that it's now the 75th year of the ongoing Nakba. I'll probably change it to the original at some point.

On an aside, have you seen this about the gangster ben gurion while living in his native homeland. If not you may find it interesting.

Extorter

Edit:Great. now the link doesn't work.

The link works in firefox.

Screenshot just in case,

Extorter2.png

Last edited: