Entertainment x BTS x Politics x EXPOSED

first member to leave BTS (not military or health related)

• Taehyung

• Yoongi

• Jin

• Hoseok

• Jimin

• Namjoon

• Jungkook

Results are only viewable after voting.

boti

Established
Basically, Yoongi's concerts in Korea have been about making headlines over other members - Jungkook, Jimin, and now Hobi and Jin attending the show, as well as fans thinking - oh, how nice that he allowed the other members to perform at his concert. As if it was his choice and as if anyone would have paid attention to it, if it wasn't for the attention-seeking above.

I haven't been able to name one event so far, that can be taken as it is - one concert of BTS to make headlines for the fact that it was a good performance. One solo performance to impress for its quality. One meaningful project, appearance, contract, collaboration.

http://instagr.am/p/CvmLi6Xy2e9/

e-Enoch

Superstar
Basically, Yoongi's concerts in Korea have been about making headlines over other members - Jungkook, Jimin, and now Hobi and Jin attending the show, as well as fans thinking - oh, how nice that he allowed the other members to perform at his concert. As if it was his choice and as if anyone would have paid attention to it, if it wasn't for the attention-seeking above.

I haven't been able to name one event so far, that can be taken as it is - one concert of BTS to make headlines for the fact that it was a good performance. One solo performance to impress for its quality. One meaningful project, appearance, contract, collaboration.

http://instagr.am/p/CvmLi6Xy2e9/

Where's Taehyung...? He seems to be "missing in action..."

boti

Established
Wait ,Jin and J-hope were at the military and they were allowed to go to concerts?
Yes, I believe people are allowed a limited amount of days per month/quarter/something similar. Obviously it was planned in advance and I believe granted exception, because they can only attend family events

e-Enoch

Superstar
There is one guy in front on Jin, but people are saying it's not him, it's someone else. He's sitting next to a girl with sunglasses looking like Jennie, but maybe someone here with more BP expertise can give an impression.

Some say they are "cosplayers..." lol. Tae stans are "complaining" of "Taehyung drought..." Haha!

Cosmonaut

Rookie

I don't know about Korea, but I went to Suga's D Day concert in the US - and it was great. There were no cameos, guest performers (even though Jimin was in the same city that day), and no opening acts (Korean performers don't do opening acts anyway)- and Suga was able to carry the whole arena show beautifully on his own.
I was impressed. And it was a sold-out show too. All three of the shows scheduled in the area were sold-out.
Most of his songs were from his Agust D albums but he did some BTS songs, too, like Seesaw (acoustic version where YG played the guitar, very cool) and Ddaeng, among them.
He has everything to be a successful performer, maybe not on the sams level as BTS but I can see him having a successful career and then slowly getting into producing other talents later down the road when he is no longer interested in performing himself.

Last edited:

boti

Established
I don't know about Korea, but I went to Suga's D Day concert in the US - and it was great. There were no cameos, guest performers (even though Jimin was in the same city that day), and no opening acts (Korean performers don't do opening acts anyway)- and Suga was able to carry the whole arena show beautifully on his own.
I was impressed. And it was a sold-out show too. All three of the shows scheduled in the area were sold-out.
Most of his songs were from his Agust D albums but he did some BTS songs, too, like Seesaw (acoustic version where YG played the guitar, very cool) and Ddaeng, among them.
He has everything to be a successful performer, maybe not on the sams level as BTS but I can see him having a successful career and then slowly getting into producing other talents later down the road when he is no longer interested in performing himself.
If you want to talk in professional terms, he's medium level and has not improved over the time. Yes, he had, same as many others, something to look into, to improve. But his "too Kool for school" behaviour isn't doing it anymore. He's been acting the same way for years and he's a "rapper". Meaning he is there to rap. I don't care if he has blue hair, fireworks, 100,000 in the stadium. He is boring. The same. Over the time I came to appreciate Hoseok and Namjoon more, but Hoseok doesn't have the will to want to do something, even though, weirdly enough, his voice and skills are above the rest. Namjoon has writing skills, but his also "too Kool for school" act, has made him insufferable, almost as much as Yongi.

You can come of course with the same quote - it's personal taste, or you could think about what I've wrote in the past and see if you can notice some of the things I am pointing out to.

He's already successful with nothing in the bag. What kind of a person sells a 15,000 stadium, with one album and barely having had performed, singing the same school lyrics and false deep philosophy..In that case I'd take Ed Sheeran. At least he's more diverse in his lyrics and theft than Suga and let me say this - I was NAILED by the first songs of him. I LOOOOOVED his songs when I started this thread. I liked his lyrics, though I've noticed some repetitive stuff and was a bit bothered, but I thought...maybe next time.

Next time was worse.

He tries to be the good son, the badd rapper, the anti-kpop-idol, he tries to please everyone, desperate to be liked. While pretending he couldn't care less.

Someone like this can never be good at anything.

boti

Established
Anyway, guys. After one year of me obsessively contacting the staff related to this issue, Cezara opened a forum on her site, so I am leaving this forum. I am going to be there. I don't know if it's all public yet, but I am going to post there if there is enough interaction and gladly offer my two cents.

Last edited:

Cosmonaut

Rookie
If you want to talk in professional terms, he's medium level and has not improved over the time. Yes, he had, same as many others, something to look into, to improve. But his "too Kool for school" behaviour isn't doing it anymore. He's been acting the same way for years and he's a "rapper". Meaning he is there to rap. I don't care if he has blue hair, fireworks, 100,000 in the stadium. He is boring. The same. Over the time I came to appreciate Hoseok and Namjoon more, but Hoseok doesn't have the will to want to do something, even though, weirdly enough, his voice and skills are above the rest. Namjoon has writing skills, but his also "too Kool for school" act, has made him insufferable, almost as much as Yongi.

You can come of course with the same quote - it's personal taste, or you could think about what I've wrote in the past and see if you can notice some of the things I am pointing out to.

He's already successful with nothing in the bag. What kind of a person sells a 15,000 stadium, with one album and barely having had performed, singing the same school lyrics and false deep philosophy..In that case I'd take Ed Sheeran. At least he's more diverse in his lyrics and theft than Suga and let me say this - I was NAILED by the first songs of him. I LOOOOOVED his songs when I started this thread. I liked his lyrics, though I've noticed some repetitive stuff and was a bit bothered, but I thought...maybe next time.

Next time was worse.

He tries to be the good son, the badd rapper, the anti-kpop-idol, he tries to please everyone, desperate to be liked. While pretending he couldn't care less.

Someone like this can never be good at anything.
What do you want him to do???
The US rappers are doing the same act for years, that's what they are known for.
I can't imagine Kanye wakes up one day and be like "Imma gonna incorporate Britney's dance moves in my performance from now on". Like, come on!
Rappers are quite limited in what they can do, and besides it's their style and that's what people like.

If I want to see a dance act, I'll go see a pop concert.
Ed Sheeran also does not dance, is he boring? To you, maybe yes, but there are people who enjoy this type of thing.

I think it's ok to be critical but just being critical for the sake of it is not objective.
Why not discuss YG's rapping skills, for example?
In my opinion, he's a good rapper, and his show was quite good. Besides rapping he played piano and guitar, and even had some dance numbers (does Kanye or Eminem even do that?)
Not trying to put those rappers down, they are good in their own way, all I am saying that Suga did really good. I was skeptical going to his concert because I didn't think he could pull it off, but he was actually great, and I saw it live so I am speaking from experience. He is a good performer.
I am an avid concer-goer and enjoy pretty much all music styles, so I have seen all kinds of acts (stadium, arenas, small venues) from classical to metal to k-pop to Broadway.

Also, it's important to keep in mind - performers can change style, concept any time- that's what keeps it interesting.
E.g. we had country Taylor Swift, then pop Taylor, indie Taylor, cute Taylor, dark Taylor.

Or they don't because they realize people dig the current concept so they stay the way they are.

So if YG wants to act like mafia in his performance one day, and like a good son - the other. It's ok. It's not his real personality anyway, it's all for show.
Don't see a point criticizing him for that.

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
Why not discuss YG's rapping skills, for example?

maybe because this is not a FAN thread?

you seem to love YG and think he is super talented....thats fine

but if you want to know, personally i find YG try hard, not a great rapper, and with a contradicting image
like he is singing he feels like "tony montana" and doing the "bad boy" for his solo career. but then doing a dance routine with BT5? who is going to take him seriously?

its the same if Eminem joined a boyband....after talking shit about fake idols for years

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
Tbh I think their popularity might have increased globally but the intrigue about them as a band is over like in first five years. Its been 10years and all are grown adults, so by observing it here in this thread and the other thread, I just see fewer people discussing about them. As they are quite set in their ways. I recently watched a video about lonely deaths in Korea, its deeply upsetting, and I was just thinking to myself that there are people who are celebrated by masses by all the wrong reasons and than there is other side of their society where nobody knows the death of a fellow human for 2 months. May be I conclude with this post here too..Thats the reality of this world.

the interest its pretty much over
the only thing left are solo stans (mostly maknae line)

but i think the interest in kpop in general is basically over
even the Blackpink girls are old news.

it was a "trend" that lasted long enough

e-Enoch

Superstar
maybe because this is not a FAN thread?

you seem to love YG and think he is super talented....thats fine

but if you want to know, personally i find YG try hard, not a great rapper, and with a contradicting image
like he is singing he feels like "tony montana" and doing the "bad boy" for his solo career. but then doing a dance routine with BT5? who is going to take him seriously?

its the same if Eminem joined a boyband....after talking shit about fake idols for years
There's actually not much buzz about him after his "concerts..." People talk more about his "guests"/"vip attendees" (other BTS members) after the shows...lol

I think Suga should concentrate more on songwriting than "performing..." AND it's time for him to enlist in the military...

cadiz

Star
There's actually not much buzz about him after his "concerts..." People talk more about his "guests"/"vip attendees" (other BTS members) after the shows...lol

I think Suga should concentrate more on songwriting than "performing..." AND it's time for him to enlist in the military...
yes, i dont see much buzz on social media at all tbh

but something weird happens in this forum, most people that comment on BT5 threads are Sugar fans (in the other thread too) i noticed this, wonder why? maybe his fans come here because in the bt5 fandom in general he is pretty irrelevant

e-Enoch

Superstar
yes, i dont see much buzz on social media at all tbh

but something weird happens in this forum, most people that comment on BT5 threads are Sugar fans (in the other thread too) i noticed this, wonder why? maybe his fans come here because in the bt5 fandom in general he is pretty irrelevant
Oh, I noticed that, too! Haha! Why don't they create a dedicated thread for Suga...lol