Does God Love Unconditionally?

Lisa

Superstar
You can love someone and not be able to live with them for many different reasons... god to be so naive or obtuse, I can’t even imagine
Because they have conditions on love?

I mean I don’t understand why y’all are so upset over this..so you don’t love unconditionally? Is it really that big a deal?

justjess

Superstar
Because they have conditions on love?

I mean I don’t understand why y’all are so upset over this..so you don’t love unconditionally? Is it really that big a deal?
No not conditions on love Lisa... love is love. You don’t get it and that’s sad but it’s your personal tragedy to deal with. Not mine.

Lisa

Superstar
No not conditions on love Lisa... love is love. You don’t get it and that’s sad but it’s your personal tragedy to deal with. Not mine.
Lol! You even have conditions on liking people..if I say you’re right you would like me, but I don’t so you don’t like me.

justjess

Superstar
Lol! You even have conditions on liking people..if I say you’re right you would like me, but I don’t so you don’t like me.
No Lisa... I don’t like you. Agreeing with me on things won’t change that.

But like and love are two separate things. There are plenty of people I love that I don’t agree with on a single damn thing. I love them anyway.

Why would my feelings towards a random person on the internet I never met and have no outside connection with represent anything more? You aren’t supposed to love people on the internet with you have no relationship. Claiming you do or even that your like for them is unconditional cheapens the meanings of the word.

I don’t love everyone in my life. I don’t love everyone I’ve ever met. I don’t like everyone I’ve ever met. But the people I do love have that love no matter what happens.

Robin

Veteran
What is the definition of unconditional?
Yes God does scourge those He loves and you can turn your back on Him when He does. The Bible tells us some will fall away from the faith..so some people will turn away from Him. So when God corrects someone isn’t that a condition? He loves you but there is a condition.
No it's not a condition in that context Lisa. It doesn't say God's love is tangent on anything. It just says that God corrects out of love, which is literally the opposite of what you're saying. You're saying that love is conditional because of disagreement or disappointment as if constantly affirming someone's every decision is the only way to demonstrate unconditional love when your God says the opposite.

Yes you can stop loving people...people do it all the time.
If you can do that then you never loved them to begin with.

People are really fickle....they get divorced from people they say they will live with the rest of their lives and then try to reassure their kids that they couldn’t possibly do it to their them....
That doesn't really mean anything. There are a variety of reasons why marriages don't work out, incompatibility for example does not mean there isn't real love.

Honestly, I don’t see what the big, hairy deal is about not being able to love unconditionally?
The deal is that many people DO love unconditionally regardless of what you think. You keep on arguing your points but they don't make sense, It's like you're talking in circles and then turning around saying you can't understand why everyone else doesn't get it. It's frustrating. But ok, you win. This conversation is giving me an ulcer.

Lisa

Superstar
No Lisa... I don’t like you. Agreeing with me on things won’t change that.
I bet it would...

I don’t love everyone in my life. I don’t love everyone I’ve ever met. I don’t like everyone I’ve ever met. But the people I do love have that love no matter what happens.
Unless they break your rules you mean...

Lisa

Superstar
as if constantly affirming someone's every decision is the only way to demonstrate unconditional love
Yes, that’s it, Robin! That would be unconditional love.

If you can do that then you never loved them to begin with.
O..I don’t believe that, love takes work, that’s what breaks people up.

That doesn't really mean anything. There are a variety of reasons why marriages don't work out, incompatibility for example does not mean there isn't real love.
With you logic above..that is what it means..you never loved them to begin with.

This conversation is giving me an ulcer.
That’s pretty dramatic! :oops:

I’ve been bemusedly watching this discussion today on both threads.

It’s as simple as this, Lisa can not conceive of loving someone unless they are conservative, evangelical fundamentalist Christians.

Those are the only people worthy of love in Lisaworld.

Lisa

Superstar
I’ve been bemusedly watching this discussion today on both threads.

It’s as simple as this, Lisa can not conceive of loving someone unless they are conservative, evangelical fundamentalist Christians.

Those are the only people worthy of love in Lisaworld.
When did I ever say any of that? Now, you’re making stuff up just to troll me, Colonel.
When did you change your avatar? I like that you changed it.

When did I ever say any of that? Now, you’re making stuff up just to troll me, Colonel.
When did you change your avatar? I like that you changed it.
It’s implied that the only people worthy of love are those that interpret Christianity the way you do. The extent of showing your love to others is limited to sharing your interpretation of Christianity with them.

Thanks.

Well since I'm more good at explaining when I'm NOT in person, here's what I'll say:

If you love someone unconditionally, it means... and here's an example:

M: "Hey, if you ever try to stab me, I'll be mad at you but I'll still love you and I'll forgive you"

Here's an example of conditional love:

M: "I'll love you on one condition. Don't ever cheat on me. Ever. And if you do, I'll not only be mad at you, but I'll never forgive you nor will I love you"

That's the difference. If you tell example, your brother not to steal your video games, and he does, you'd be mad at him which has nothing to do with love, it has to do with feelings of anger, but then later you'll forgive him and you'll continue loving him regardless. Unconditional love.

If your brother steals your video games and you told him not to, and he later apologizes and you still don't forgive him not do you love him, that's conditional love.

I think we should all love one another unconditionally... I personally don't love sellouts though because it's too late for them. Besides them, yes I will love everyone else unconditionally.

Lisa

Superstar
It’s implied that the only people worthy of love are those that interpret Christianity the way you do. The extent of showing your love to others is limited to sharing your interpretation of Christianity with them.

Thanks.
I don’t think so..I still talk to everyone even if they don’t agree with me.

Why do you think that God doesn’t love them too?
Because once you sell your soul, it's done. The gates of heaven are closed for you. It's one thing if you work for satan but you DON'T sell your soul, that's when you still have the chance to repent but if you sell your soul and turn your back on God for that fame and fortune or whatever you want and you try your best to damn souls to hell while you're at it, on Judgment Day, you'll be thrown into outer darkness. The lake of fire is for satan and his people.

So if you work for satan but never sell your soul, you still have a chance of salvation and IF you repent, you may make it to heaven. If you work for satan and NOT repent, you'll go with him and if you sell your soul, you're definitely not going to heaven. And those are the people that were born wicked and remain wicked.

Selling your soul is most likely the same as getting the mark of the beast. God warns us as soon as we get that mark, we will drink from the cup of the wrath of God and we will get thrown in the lake of fire and we won't have another chance after receiving that mark, not to mention, that mark will control your very wicked being and that's the same as when celebrities sold their souls and are currently under mk ultra mind control.

justjess

Superstar
You might actually drive me to prey for you Lisa... that’s how serious this is.

Lisa

Superstar
Well since I'm more good at explaining when I'm NOT in person, here's what I'll say:

If you love someone unconditionally, it means... and here's an example:

M: "Hey, if you ever try to stab me, I'll be mad at you but I'll still love you and I'll forgive you"

Here's an example of conditional love:

M: "I'll love you on one condition. Don't ever cheat on me. Ever. And if you do, I'll not only be mad at you, but I'll never forgive you nor will I love you"

That's the difference. If you tell example, your brother not to steal your video games, and he does, you'd be mad at him which has nothing to do with love, it has to do with feelings of anger, but then later you'll forgive him and you'll continue loving him regardless. Unconditional love.

If your brother steals your video games and you told him not to, and he later apologizes and you still don't forgive him not do you love him, that's conditional love.

I think we should all love one another unconditionally... I personally don't love sellouts though because it's too late for them. Besides them, yes I will love everyone else unconditionally.
But do you want your brother to stop taking your video games? I think unconditional love means that you wouldn’t care if he took your video games at all, you wouldn’t get mad about it, if he never gave them back, that’s ok too.

justjess

Superstar
Because once you sell your soul, it's done. The gates of heaven are closed for you. It's one thing if you work for satan but you DON'T sell your soul, that's when you still have the chance to repent but if you sell your soul and turn your back on God for that fame and fortune or whatever you want and you try your best to damn souls to hell while you're at it, on Judgment Day, you'll be thrown into outer darkness. The lake of fire is for satan and his people.

So if you work for satan but never sell your soul, you still have a chance of salvation and IF you repent, you may make it to heaven. If you work for satan and NOT repent, you'll go with him and if you sell your soul, you're definitely not going to heaven. And those are the people that were born wicked and remain wicked.

Selling your soul is most likely the same as getting the mark of the beast. God warns us as soon as we get that mark, we will drink from the cup of the wrath of God and we will get thrown in the lake of fire and we won't have another chance after receiving that mark, not to mention, that mark will control your very wicked being and that's the same as when celebrities sold their souls and are currently under mk ultra mind control.
I’m just going to try to point this out...

MK mind control is often done against a persons will, it is not the same as voluntarily selling your soul

Lisa

Superstar

But selling your soul isn’t like getting the mark of the beast, its not included in that scripture. Do you know of a scripture that proves that once you sell your soul then the gates of heaven are closed for you?