Differences between the Bible and Islam

Haich

Superstar

Haich

Superstar
Dawud pbuh was noted for his fasting and worship. God refers to him as someone who despite having so much dominion and power, always remained humble and in prayer and servitude to God. He did have the psalms revealed to him too. Unfortunately there isn’t an extensive amount of detail with regards to his story as the emphasis in the Quran was to point out the parts of his life we could draw meaning from, but again it is a very stark difference to the biblical narrative.

He did have the psalms revealed to him too.
Is there a list of Psalms that the Quran acknowledges are by David?

The reason i ask is because in the Psalms David acknowledges his sin.

Psalms 51
{To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.} Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest

Unfortunately there isn’t an extensive amount of detail with regards to his story as the emphasis in the Quran was to point out the parts of his life we could draw meaning from, but again it is a very stark difference to the biblical narrative.
Could it be that Quran only mentions the positive aspects of the prophets and not the negative, even if they served a purpose in the whole plan of God?

Here is a link to all the verses in the Quran with commentaries, that speak of the story of David in detail. It’s too long to post so for those interested:

What you’ve posted so far is pretty much it. I think the differences are again stark but there are some parallels.
I had the opportunity to read the link and watch the video in the next post, a few thoughts:

- coveting another man's wife was prohibited by the 10 commandments, so even if David had not gone through the adultery act and merely coveted it was still wrong. In the New Testament Jesus says that looking at a woman woman with lust is the same as commiting physical adultery.

- is there a reason why multiple wives is allowed but not 100? I saw the "it doesn't mean a whole 100, just multiple " point several times and i'm wondering what is the difference?

In the Old Testament more than one wife is not prohibited in general. And regarding kings and multiple wives, the Bible says this:

Deu 17:17
17Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold

So i don't really understand the emphasis on "it was not 100". And no, the Bible does not say David had 100 wives.

- the Bible does not say that David sent Uriah to die so he could marry Bathsheba. First he tried to get Uriah to go home to his wife (twice!), so the child she had conceived could plausibly have been his. Uriah declined (twice! ), and then David moved on to the plan of sending him to the front of the battle to die.

2 Samuel 11

4And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house. 5And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child.

6And David sent to Joab
, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent Uriah to David. 7And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded of him how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered. 8And David said to Uriah, Go down to thy house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the king's house, and there followed him a mess of meat from the king. 9But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house.

10And when they had told David, saying, Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou not from thy journey? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house? 11And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.

12And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to day also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow. 13And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house.

14And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah. 15And he wrote in the letter, saying,
Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.

Why would David have tried twice to get Uriah to go home to his wife if his intention was to marry her from the beginning? It seems hiding his sin was his first plan.

- Here is the passage relating to the punishment as told to David by the prophet Nathan:

2 Samuel 12
5And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die. 6And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.

7And Nathan said to David
, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul; 8And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things. 9Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

10Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife. 11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

. The prophet Nathan told David he would be punished on 4 counts (he would have to restore the lamb fourfold, 2Samuel12:6. This is also the punishment for slaughtering someone's lamb as seen in Exodus 22:1)

This was fulfilled when David and Bathshebas first son died (2Samuel 12:18), followed by 3 other sons, Amnon (2 Samuel 13:29), Absalom (2 Samuel 18:14), and Adonijah (1 Kings 2:25).

. Nathan said the sword would never depart from David’s house (2 Samuel 12:10-11) and he would raise evil against him from his own house.

This would refer to his own son Absalom attempting to overthrow him (2 Samuel 15-18)

. He also said what David did secretly God would expose to all Israel, 2 Samuel 12:12

This was fulfilled when Absalom “lay with his father’s concubines in the sight of all Israel” (2 Samuel 16:22).

Zakat

Star
Could it be that Quran only mentions the positive aspects of the prophets and not the negative, even if they served a purpose in the whole plan of God?
I doubt it.

The way I see it, the narrative was altered to remove fear of God from the people, just as they use the supposed 'crucifixion' for the same purpose.

The Prophets are sinless, innocent, and role-models sent for that very purpose. Submitting to them equals obeying the laws God Sent with them, thereby obeying God. Satan surely interfered by altering Scripture to that very effect called unmindfulness towards the main aims of life, which are, drawing closer to God, predisposition to self-sacrifice, and working for the coming life after death rather than the current one.

The Prophets are sinless, innocent, and role-models sent for that very purpose. Submitting to them equals obeying the laws God Sent with them, thereby obeying God. Satan surely interfered by altering Scripture to that very effect called unmindfulness towards the main aims of life, which are, drawing closer to God, predisposition to self-sacrifice, and working for the coming life after death rather than the current one.
The link posted earlier acknowledges that David was coveting another man's wife, though it denies that any adultery happened.

The actual event as one clearly understands from the aforesaid statement of the Quran was:

The Prophet David (peace be upon him) had only expressed this desire before Uriah (or whatever be the name of the man) that he should divorce his wife; as this desire had been expressed not by a common man but by an illustrious king and a great Prophet before a member of the public, the man was finding himself constrained to yield to it even in the absence of any compulsion.

On this occasion, before the man could act as the Prophet David had desired, two righteous men of the nation suddenly made their appearance before David and presented before him this matter in the form of an imaginary case. At first, the Prophet David thought it was a real case, and so gave his decision after hearing it. But as soon as he uttered the words of the decision, his conscience gave the warning that the parable precisely applied to the case between him and the person, and that the act which he was describing as an injustice had issued forth from his own person. As soon as he realized this, he fell down prostrate, repented and reversed his decision.

The question, as to how this event took the ugly shape as related in the Bible, also becomes obvious after a little consideration. It appears that the Prophet David (peace be upon him) had come to know of the unique qualities of the woman through some means and had started thinking that she should be the queen of the country instead of being the wife of an ordinary officer.

Overwhelmed by the thought he expressed the desire before her husband that he should divorce her. He did not see any harm in it because it was not looked upon as anything improper among the Israelites. It was an ordinary thing among them that if a person happened to like the wife of another, he would freely request him to give her up for him. Nobody minded such a request, and often it so happened that friends would divorce their wives for each other’s sake of their own accord, so that the other may marry her.

However, when the Prophet David (peace be upon him) expressed this desire, he did not realize that the expression of such a desire could be without compulsion and coercion when expressed by a common man, but it could never be so when expressed by a king. When his attention was drawn to this aspect of the matter through a parable, he gave up his desire immediately, and the thing was forgotten. But afterwards when, without any desire or planning on his part, the woman's husband fell martyr on the battlefield, and he married her, the evil genius of the Jews started concocting stories and this mischievous mentality became even more acute after a section of the Israelites turned hostile to the Prophet Solomon.
Coveting another man's wife was a sin under the Law, and part of the 10 commandments

Exodus 20
17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's

Deuteronomy 5
21Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's

Does the Quran or Islam teach that Old Testament Law either didn't exist or was from satan?

Does Islam teach the 10 comandments, and if so are they different from those found in the Bible?

Haich

Superstar
Is there a list of Psalms that the Quran acknowledges are by David?

The reason i ask is because in the Psalms David acknowledges his sin.

Psalms 51
1{To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.} Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest

Nope there is not list or verses of the psalms in the Quran. It’s only stated he was given the pslams.
No it does mention mistakes they’ve made, they’re human. For instance Dawud rushed to judge between the two people who came to him with a dispute. Another prophet, Jonah (Yunus) was sent to his people and they refused to listen to him and left them, he gave up. When they were at sea they drew lots on the ship as it was getting heavy, he was the one chosen to go overboard and was ultimately swallowed by a whale.
We believe that the Quran clarifies the stories and errors of the prophets. We don’t believe in the biblical/Old Testament/Torah narratives in their entirety as God specifically clarifies what happened and how it happened in the Quran.

It’s the issue of authorship for me that just clouds my acceptance or acknowledgment of the full biblical accounts of the prophets.

Zakat

Star
Coveting another man's wife was a sin under the Law, and part of the 10 commandments
When his attention was drawn to this aspect of the matter through a parable, he gave up his desire immediately, and the thing was forgotten. (Quoting from the commentary you posted of the Qur'an's Chapter 38 Verses 15-26)

We strengthened his kingship, and gave him wisdom and sound judgment. End of Verse 20 of Chapter 38, Holy Qur'an

So he gave up the unlawful desire immediately which shows the higher status of the Prophet.

When the man was martyred thereafter, the Prophet was able to marry her lawfully. God Grants victory to the man of sound judgment who did restrain himself beautifully when the couple was still together.

I think you fail to realize that those scriptures of old do have many truths in them although some other parts were subtly altered by men of mischievous mentality.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
I had the opportunity to read the link and watch the video in the next post, a few thoughts:

- coveting another man's wife was prohibited by the 10 commandments, so even if David had not gone through the adultery act and merely coveted it was still wrong. In the New Testament Jesus says that looking at a woman woman with lust is the same as commiting physical adultery.

- is there a reason why multiple wives is allowed but not 100? I saw the "it doesn't mean a whole 100, just multiple " point several times and i'm wondering what is the difference?

In the Old Testament more than one wife is not prohibited in general. And regarding kings and multiple wives, the Bible says this:

Deu 17:17
17Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold

So i don't really understand the emphasis on "it was not 100". And no, the Bible does not say David had 100 wives.

- the Bible does not say that David sent Uriah to die so he could marry Bathsheba. First he tried to get Uriah to go home to his wife (twice!), so the child she had conceived could plausibly have been his. Uriah declined (twice! ), and then David moved on to the plan of sending him to the front of the battle to die.

2 Samuel 11

4And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house. 5And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child.

6And David sent to Joab
, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent Uriah to David. 7And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded of him how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered. 8And David said to Uriah, Go down to thy house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the king's house, and there followed him a mess of meat from the king. 9But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house.

10And when they had told David, saying, Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou not from thy journey? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house? 11And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.

12And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to day also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow. 13And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house.

14And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah. 15And he wrote in the letter, saying,
Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.

Why would David have tried twice to get Uriah to go home to his wife if his intention was to marry her from the beginning? It seems hiding his sin was his first plan.

- Here is the passage relating to the punishment as told to David by the prophet Nathan:

2 Samuel 12
5And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die. 6And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.

7And Nathan said to David
, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul; 8And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things. 9Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

10Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife. 11Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

. The prophet Nathan told David he would be punished on 4 counts (he would have to restore the lamb fourfold, 2Samuel12:6. This is also the punishment for slaughtering someone's lamb as seen in Exodus 22:1)

This was fulfilled when David and Bathshebas first son died (2Samuel 12:18), followed by 3 other sons, Amnon (2 Samuel 13:29), Absalom (2 Samuel 18:14), and Adonijah (1 Kings 2:25).

. Nathan said the sword would never depart from David’s house (2 Samuel 12:10-11) and he would raise evil against him from his own house.

This would refer to his own son Absalom attempting to overthrow him (2 Samuel 15-18)

. He also said what David did secretly God would expose to all Israel, 2 Samuel 12:12

This was fulfilled when Absalom “lay with his father’s concubines in the sight of all Israel” (2 Samuel 16:22).
The law was different for Dawud’s time so we don’t know exactly how many wives he had but we know it wasn’t an excessive number according to our scholars. It’s not something I have deep dived into but all we know is it was multiple wives.
The current law we follow is the Quran and Sunnah (teachings of the prophet Muhammad) and it is lawful to have up to 4 wives. This is something many get angry with but you need to understand that there are many reasons why this exists for men. I’m happy to start a discussion on it if you’d like but I’ll stick to the topic of prophets for now.
The average man won’t be able to support and maintain a 100 wives and efficiently raise those children. So allowing a man to marry 100 women would open the doors for negligence and abuse of that ruling. It’s excessive and transgressive.

With regards to the scripture you posted, the Quran doesn’t go into too much detail with some prophets. It only clears up some aspects of their life. I appreciate that you follow the Bible so you will take the biblical narrative in its entirety but we always take what The Quran says as the final authority as we believe it is the direct word/revelation of God.

When his attention was drawn to this aspect of the matter through a parable, he gave up his desire immediately, and the thing was forgotten. (Quoting from the commentary you posted of the Qur'an's Chapter 38 Verses 15-26)

We strengthened his kingship, and gave him wisdom and sound judgment. End of Verse 20 of Chapter 38, Holy Qur'an

So he gave up the unlawful desire immediately which shows the higher status of the Prophet.

When the man was martyred thereafter, the Prophet was able to marry her lawfully. God Grants victory to the man of sound judgment who did restrain himself beautifully when the couple was still together.

I think you fail to realize that those scriptures of old do have many truths in them although some other parts were subtly altered by men of mischievous mentality.
Yeah, i understand he repented of his desire for another man's wife in the Quran account.

The reason i don't think it was altered mischievously is that the scriptures show that David's first plot was not to have her husband killed, as i posted earlier. He only resorted to that when his plan to have her husband go hime to her (twice) failed.

Haich

Superstar
I just can’t accept that a prophet who was divinely guided and chosen by God, fell weak and slept with a married woman. Sure, he’s human, he could’ve had feelings for her but for him to be so weak and act on it, I just don’t think it’s plausible. There is another prophet called Yusuf (I think Joseph in the Bible) who was tempted by a woman and she locked him in a room. He did not act on his desires and managed to escape.

I guess my point is, basic sinful urges like sex, lust, greed etc are something the common man struggles with. A prophet would have that elevated sense of God consciousness we call it ‘imaan’ which could be loosely translated as having faith. Their imaan was way higher than ours as they were either receiving revelation or communicating with angel Gabriel. It doesn’t make sense for God to have chosen weak men for his mission.

All the problems or errors the prophets faced which have been mentioned in The Quran, have been explained. One quick example as to not to jump ahead, Musa (Moses) pbuh tried to stop a squabble and hit a man. Moses was an incredibly strong man in stature and in speech. The man died as a result of that hit. It was an accident and this is explained. When Jonah left his people after they refused to listen to his message, he wasn’t acting out of anger or malice. He felt he wasn’t good enough for the job, it’s not as if he was disobeying God.

So the reason behind some of the prophets’ actions is emphasised in The Quran and in other parts, like for example Jesus’ divinity or him being the ‘begotten son’ is completely rejected and opposed to.

Haich

Superstar
Yeah, i understand he repented of his desire for another man's wife in the Quran account.

The reason i don't think it was altered mischievously is that the scriptures show that David's first plot was not to have her husband killed, as i posted earlier. He only resorted to that when his plan to have her husband go hime to her (twice) failed.
but toxic, why would a prophet of God plan to kill someone to have his way with his wife?? Doesn’t that sound crazy

The average man won’t be able to support and maintain a 100 wives and efficiently raise those children. So allowing a man to marry 100 women would open the doors for negligence and abuse of that ruling. It’s excessive and transgressive.
True, an average man couldnt, but hypothetically a king could afford it...
But yeah, David did not have 100 wives, everyone is in agreement there.

With regards to the scripture you posted, the Quran doesn’t go into too much detail with some prophets. It only clears up some aspects of their life. I appreciate that you follow the Bible so you will take the biblical narrative in its entirety but we always take what The Quran says as the final authority as we believe it is the direct word/revelation of God
Yeah, with this thread i just wanted to explore the differences, since it's more and more apparent that there are much more differences than just believing in Jesus' death and ressurection.

but toxic, why would a prophet of God plan to kill someone to have his way with his wife?? Doesn’t that sound crazy
That's the thing, the Bible does not say that's what happened.

There is zero proof that David had any murderous intentions when he saw and was attracted to Bathsheba, or when the act occured.

Why would he send for her husband and try to get him to go hime to his wife twice if he meant to kill him and take her?

He only resorted to murder after Uriah did NOT go home, and there was no other way to cover the act of adultery.

I weote about it in this post

the Bible does not say that David sent Uriah to die so he could marry Bathsheba. First he tried to get Uriah to go home to his wife (twice!), so the child she had conceived could plausibly have been his. Uriah declined (twice! ), and then David moved on to the plan of sending him to the front of the battle to die.

2 Samuel 11

6And David sent to Joab

There is another prophet called Yusuf (I think Joseph in the Bible) who was tempted by a woman and she locked him in a room. He did not act on his desires and managed to escape
Yes, in the Bible Joseph is one of the closest archetypes of Jesus.

When Jonah left his people after they refused to listen to his message, he wasn’t acting out of anger or malice. He felt he wasn’t good enough for the job, it’s not as if he was disobeying God.
Im going to have to look into the Quran account of Jonah because already it sounds different than the bibkical account.
So the reason behind some of the prophets’ actions is emphasised in The Quran and in other parts, like for example Jesus’ divinity or him being the ‘begotten son’ is completely rejected and opposed to
It would appear as Christians we don't expect more righteousness from the prophets precisely because we believe only Jesus is righteous.

Haich

Superstar
That's the thing, the Bible does not say that's what happened.

There is zero proof that David had any murderous intentions when he saw and was attracted to Bathsheba, or when the act occured.

Why would he send for her husband and try to get him to go hime to his wife twice if he meant to kill him and take her?

He only resorted to murder after Uriah did NOT go home, and there was no other way to cover the act of adultery.

I weote about it in this post
the fact it resulted in murder though to cover adultry, you don’t find issue with that?

Haich

Superstar
It would appear as Christians we don't expect more righteousness from the prophets precisely because we believe only Jesus is righteous
It’s like you’re just driving without rear view mirrors, there was life and prophethood prior to Jesus. It seems like you’re just accepting that oh these guys did bad but that’s okay because they’re not Jesus and Jesus is what matters.

Jesus is a speck in the grand scheme of life. You have to look at the story of God in a sense, from beginning to end. The biblical account of the prophets paints God to have absolutely no hindsight and knowledge with regards to who to pick to deliver his message to mankind. He comes across as a very dim God, if you’d excuse my language… How could he keep sending immensely flawed men? You really have to think about that because it just doesn’t make any logical sense.

it’s okay to question and look into things in the Bible which you have a hard time understanding or accepting. Not that you do I’m just saying blind faith is quite problematic as it doesn’t allow you to use your critical thinking.

Zakat

Star
Maybe one has trouble reconciling how one's parents could have been wrong, at least as per their perception?

Or maybe one doesn't see oneself following other than their parents' religion?

Regardless, I am grateful for my family.

the fact it resulted in murder though to cover adultry, you don’t find issue with that?
I mean, it's horrible that it occured. Although Uriah was most likely a mercenary (he was a hittite, not an israelite), he was a loyal man who chose to stay with his men rather than to take a break and go spend the night with his wife, something that could have saved his life.

But the Bible is full of tragic occurences, a fact that makes the Old Testament difficult to stomach for many Christians.

Also, as ive already posted, David was punished by God for his act.

And as ive said before. The fact that it is not flattering erases the possibility that it's a fabricated work.

It’s like you’re just driving without rear view mirrors, there was life and prophethood prior to Jesus. It seems like you’re just accepting that oh these guys did bad but that’s okay because they’re not Jesus and Jesus is what matters.

Jesus is a speck in the grand scheme of life. You have to look at the story of God in a sense, from beginning to end. The biblical account of the prophets paints God to have absolutely no hindsight and knowledge with regards to who to pick to deliver his message to mankind. He comes across as a very dim God, if you’d excuse my language… How could he keep sending immensely flawed men? You really have to think about that because it just doesn’t make any logical sense.

it’s okay to question and look into things in the Bible which you have a hard time understanding or accepting. Not that you do I’m just saying blind faith is quite problematic as it doesn’t allow you to use your critical thinking.
The thing is, as a Christian i believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. These other men are not, simple as that. I realize non Christians don't believe that, but that is the reason why.

The prophets are flawed because we are all flawed. God can choose to use flawed people, and he often did.

It's funny that blind faith keeps getting brought up because im the last person i ever would have thought would become a Christian. I grew up atheist and had a rather negative opinion of Christians. The reason i know the Old Testament so well is because ive literally studied the Bible daily to make sense of it. The more i study it the more i am in awe of it.

I actually really respect people who have blind faith, but i wouldnt consider myself one of them.

Maybe one has trouble reconciling how one's parents could have been wrong, at least as per their perception?

Or maybe one doesn't see oneself following other than their parents' religion?

Regardless, I am grateful for my family.
If you're refering to me, i didn't grow up Christian. I wasn't indoctrinated into my beliefs,

My parents had me baptized catholic without my consent (i was about 2 months old), and i was raised secular for the most part. I was an atheist for a good part of my life, then fell into the trap of new ageism for a couple of years. I came into the biblical Christian faith as an adult, and was rebaptized at a baptist church several years ago.

Growing up i heard that people like me now are "fanatics", "extremists" and "fundamentalists" (in a bad way lol, i own that label), so im definitely not just going off my family's example.