Coronavirus

Lisa

Superstar
Democrats Invoke 'Science' More Than Baptist Ministers Invoke God
Choosing clichés over ideas.

“It’s frustrating to hear this president speak [about the coronavirus]. He should stop talking. Let the experts speak.” – Joe Biden, March 24.

“The truth is, from this moment on, Americans must ignore lies and start to listen to scientists and other respected professionals in order to protect ourselves and our loved ones.” – Nancy Pelosi, April 14.

Regarding COVID-19, the president should “follow the scientists,” and not just say “whatever suits his ego at the moment.” – Chuck Schumer, May 18

Whenever they can’t think of anything else to say in defense of the indefensible (their shutdown fascism), this is the Democrats fallback position: Forget self-serving politicians like the president. Listen to those wise, heroic, selfless and all-knowing scientists.

And a man in a lab coat shall lead them.

Democrats wrap themselves in the mantle of science and cast the rest of us as yokels.

They’re the smart ones; we’re stupid. They care; we’re self-serving. They’re Galileo defending the theory that the sun does not revolve around the earth. We’re the medieval Church persecuting him. They believe in science, reason, technology and human progress. We’re charter members of the Flat Earth Society.

Lisa

Superstar
Pandemics are profitable. :mad:
Not to most people...or to most companies. Disney didn’t get richer but poorer and they will have to try to operate with the ridiculous self distancing and mask rules. That’s not helpful or profitable

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Not to most people...or to most companies. Disney didn’t get richer but poorer and they will have to try to operate with the ridiculous self distancing and mask rules. That’s not helpful or profitable
Why are you so obsessed with Disney? And again - what are you doing here?
Since you like to throw VC’s articles in people’s faces.. haven’t you seen the dozens of articles he’s done on Disney?

Lisa

Superstar
Why are you so obsessed with Disney? And again - what are you doing here?
Since you like to throw VC’s articles in people’s faces.. haven’t you seen the dozens of articles he’s done on Disney?
Disney employs quite a few people..who all lost their jobs when their cruise ship, hotels, stores and parks closed...that’s as good a reason to watch them..plus I was just there a few months ago and had fun with my family.

justjess

Superstar
Disney employs quite a few people..who all lost their jobs when their cruise ship, hotels, stores and parks closed...that’s as good a reason to watch them..plus I was just there a few months ago and had fun with my family.
Have you read VC’s dozens of articles about Disney? If you had you wouldn’t be supporting a satanic institution like Disney. If you disagree with VC maybe it’s time to hand up your membership here?

Lisa

Superstar
Have you read VC’s dozens of articles about Disney? If you had you wouldn’t be supporting a satanic institution like Disney. If you disagree with VC maybe it’s time to hand up your membership here?
You said you went to Disney World yourself last year...why‘d ya do it Jess?

Lisa

Superstar
Am I sitting here bringing up Disney every other day? I went because my mother begged me to. I hate Disney.
They are a big employer and what they are going to do about opening Disney World by having all guests wear masks in the summer..it might not turn out so well...its something to watch anyway.

justjess

Superstar
You talk about Disney the same way you talk about the British royal family and trump. Worship. VC would disagree with you on two of those, Idk his position on the third. But if you disagree with the owner of this site so much.. what are you doing here?

Vision

Veteran
Not to most people...or to most companies. Disney didn’t get richer but poorer..
Oh you Anglophile..you have a point. However I think in the medium to long run, Disney will continue to dominate. They will simply cut off or reduce any low profit/loss making divisions and come back leaner. Now with the ability to takeover other competitors that have become weakened because of Miss Corona as they lack the assets or pockets of Disney to now compete or maintain their business.

The bigger are simply getting stronger..well until the next calamity.

Lisa

Superstar
Oh you Anglophile..you have a point. However I think in the medium to long run, Disney will continue to dominate. They will simply cut off or reduce any low profit/loss making divisions and come back leaner. Now with the ability to takeover other competitors that have become weakened because of Miss Corona as they lack the assets or pockets of Disney to now compete or maintain their business.

The bigger are simply getting stronger..well until the next calamity.
Thanks!

Disney does have the assets rebound..however, if people can only wear masks at their resorts in the middle of summer..it won’t help them..that and the social distancing. Disney crams people into their resorts and cruises. They will still take a hit and as long as they are taking that hit..they will have less employees...which isn’t good for anyone.

They have also taken a hit in their movie empire..they’ve had to delay movies..like the Black Widow movie..and we don’t even know if people will go to the theaters to see that movie...this in turn has delayed other movies and tv shows that would make them money. They’ve made billions off of marvel movies alone and to delay Black Widow and all the other marvel movies is losing money. It does depend on if by the release of Black Widow in November now..if people will still be scared and social distancing..and if trump wins the election..that I think is a big deal.

Lisa

Superstar
And unless you’re forgetting with the riots and all..the virus is still out there and it’s still bad people!! ;) We have no agenda here..

Ten states - mostly in the South - have not seen a single week of improvement in coronavirus cases while previous hotspots, such as New York and New Jersey, report a drop in infections

Sweden now has the highest death rate per capita than any country in the world

More than 120 top scientists criticise a series of FLAWS in study that found Trump-backed hydroxychloroquine drug raised the risk of death to Covid-19 patients and halted global trials

Tidal

Star
UPDATE- I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I thought I had a touch of C-19 (runny nose, alternate shivering and feverish spells, semi-delirious sleep patterns, sore throat, headache, general tiredness and conjunctivitis) but I seem to be recovered now.
Normally I'd have simply thought it was just a cold, but what made me think it could have been C-19 was the conjunctivitis (sore bunged-up red eyes) which i've never, ever had before in all my 72 years.
Reading up on C-19 symptoms I see coronavirus is listed, apparently in some cases the virus attaches itself to the eyeball and tries to get into the nose and throat from there, (what cheek), but in my case it couldn't get past my throat into my lungs which is why i never developed a cough or shortness of breath.
Naturally it gives me bragging rights for life to be able to say "I survived the virus".. :D

Lisa

Superstar