Coronavirus

Karlysymon

Star
The progression....
Well that figure has just moved on to £330 Billion....this is a loan, to be paid back, with interest, to the bankers, by us.

Perhaps the difference between 12 billion and the 330 billion is the money needed to stop the UK going bankrupt when leaving the EU with no deal.

Fortunately this crisis has arrived just in time to switch peoples attention from the bollocks Bojo has been spouting on the matter.

I believe the USA got a 1.5 trillion loan from the Fed for the same reason/excuse..... I haven't heard that figure mentioned since 9/11.
"Status of COVID-19
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. All healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the updated national infection and prevention (IPC) guidance for COVID-19, which supersedes all previous IPC guidance for COVID-19. This guidance includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios."
(source)
They downgraded it on the 19th!
They shut the country down on the 24th!
The government sent me a text on the 24th.

No one should be quoting that as evidence of anything.

We weren't even told they had downgraded.
I didn't know. Did anyone know?
So what the picture looks like from all this is that the 330billion is a ball and chain. This is fraud, of the highest degree. Akin to THIS. By extension, this should also apply to the 1.5trillion. Only a lockdown makes this fraud possible because without it, there's no need for the 'assistance'. To support it, is to support the fraud. It remains for everyone to speculate as to why the governments would execute this kind of robbery at this point in time.

The package of support also included a three-month mortgage holiday for homeowners.

Small firms in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors will be eligible for cash grants of up £25,000, Sunak said, while relief from business rates — a tax on business properties — will be extended to all shops, pubs, theatres, music venues, restaurants and other firms in the sector, meaning they will not pay the tax for an entire year.

Last edited:

free2018

Veteran
Event 201

Published on 4 Nov 2019

Selected moments from the Event 201 pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated the pandemic preparedness efforts needed to diminish the large-scale economic and societal consequences of a severe pandemic. Drawing from actual events, Event 201 identifies important policy issues and preparedness challenges that could be solved with sufficient political will and attention. These issues were designed in a narrative to engage and educate the participants and the audience. For more information, visit: http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org

EVENT 201 IS A FICTIONAL EXERCISE AND DISEASE

A mysterious tweet by Tom Hanks...
(Not even interesting, just boring details, a game of Gin Rummy and some carefully placed numbers)

View attachment 34089

Gin Rummy has an interesting objective

The basic game strategy is to improve one's hand by forming melds and eliminating deadwood.

A Corona Typewriter ?!
(Seriously? Taking a heavy, easily broken typewriter on holiday?!)

And what about the Vegemite?!

(“Laying it on a bit thick!”)

View attachment 34090

In April, a 115g jar of VEGEMITE spread makes supermarket history in Australia by becoming the first product to be electronically scanned at a checkout. It was scanned at Woolworths in Chullora, NSW and the price was 66 cents. The product is still on display at the Woolworths head office in NSW.
Great post. Will have to read again.

Last edited:

Helioform

Star

Thunderian

Superstar
Doesn’t Japan also have a significant elderly population and why haven’t we seen the same or even more numbers of fatalities as in Italy?
The Japanese don’t generally hug and kiss each other on the street, and while Italians were going out of their way to be affectionate to Chinese people who happened to be in Italy, the Japanese were voluntarily staying at home and practising all the safely measures that the rest of us are just getting a handle on.

Maes17

Star
The Rangers most of all, and forever. I hate them more than I hate the Leafs.
Rangers will never reach flyers/caps level for me.
But I still root for the rangers to choke.

And yeah to your post just now. Italians and spanish are more culturally intimate and social as far as hugging/kissing and typical cafe bakery get togethers.

Cases like NYC where a lot of people are squeezed into living quarters.

This virus sucks. But maybe it’s a wake up call for us here in North America to appreciate our living conditions overall. We obviously have a lot of issues socially, etc. But systematically, for a super power all it takes is one virus or even an emp strike to cripple us.

That said. Everyone stay healthy.

Lurking009

Established
The Japanese don’t generally hug and kiss each other on the street, and while Italians were going out of their way to be affectionate to Chinese people who happened to be in Italy, the Japanese were voluntarily staying at home and practising all the safely measures that the rest of us are just getting a handle on.
It's also important to take healthcare systems into account.

Maes17

Star
Depends if they are chemically based or food based.

Second, a vaccine which is 50 to 100 year old medicine that did not have an accurate view of the immune system is not always the best answer either.
The flu vaccine is never current and I doubt the future corona virus one will keep up either.
Edit: Thanks for the heads up on Dr. Shiva @Orwell's mentor!
[
Even foods can have some nasty side effects.
That’s why a lot of people always say moderation.

I personally do stuff in excess
:p