Coronavirus

Dalit

Star
Saw this today.

2 metres distance determines our existence.

Yet my family and I have decided we can be in the same space even if we don't hug. I was usually the hugger anyway. :)

I also predict that this won't be a one month thing, but will go into the summer possibly even. :-(

Karlysymon

Superstar
I hope at the other end of this the opposite of that becomes self evident. We are all intertwined more then we think and if your really looking this tragedy has highlighted that.
But isn't that what also happened after 9/11. Yes we are intertwined and these events provoke some social cohesion in the immediate aftermath, that then fades away....or is eroded by the fallout of said event.

No the best precautions would have been a Government who had SOME type of contingency plans in place for an event such as this.

Or are you going to try and convince me that in today's day and age, with crazy terrorists running around everywhere making a bio weapon attack a very real possibility that the emergency planning dept of our governments didn't have the foresight to have enough face masks or PPE available even to protect the medical staff trying to deal with it?

It's not like a highly contagious virus is a new concept, it's happened before. Due you not think our governments have a duty of care to conduct due diligence when risk assessing potential events?
You raise a good point. If DHS [DHS purchases 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition ] and other agencies have been stocking up on ammo in anticipation of some future event, and having Bill Gates screaming over the years, about a deadly pandemic that's on the horizon......you'd think that there'd also be 1.6 billion face/gas masks lying in a warehouse somewhere. Stocked up for a time such as this, but i guess priorities......
------------------------
I will say though that i haven't taken this "pandemic" seriously because of the way the authorities lied to the world, back in 2009. I can't take the CDC or WHO seriously. If they faked a pandemic back then, on what grounds should i believe them to be truthful now?

Awoken2

Superstar
But isn't that what also happened after 9/11. Yes we are intertwined and these events provoke some social cohesion in the immediate aftermath, that then fades away....or is eroded by the fallout of said event.

You raise a good point. If DHS [DHS purchases 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition ] and other agencies have been stocking up on ammo in anticipation of some future event, and having Bill Gates screaming over the years, about a deadly pandemic that's on the horizon......you'd think that there'd also be 1.6 billion face/gas masks lying in a warehouse somewhere. Stocked up for a time such as this, but i guess priorities......
That type of forward thinking has not appeared to have been done Karly, or so they would have us believe anyway.

I couldn't see the concept of problem pro-action, solution taking off in todays climate. Sad I know

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar

------------------------
I will say though that i haven't taken this "pandemic" seriously because of the way the authorities lied to the world, back in 2009. I can't take the CDC or WHO seriously. If they faked a pandemic back then, on what grounds should i believe them to be truthful now?
Idk if that’s what happened after 911.. I lived too close to nyc to have an opinion on how it effected the rest of the nation. It did happen after 911 and it did happen in the nyc area again after sandy. It was short lived.

But this is a bit different... it is global, not geographically centered in any one place. It is effecting everyone in some way simultaneously and we are now dependent on the very people most thought were disposable two months ago. The grocery workers and truck drivers and gas station attendants. I sincerely hope this OPENS peoples eyes in a more permanent nature to those realities. That’s the only hope I got left.

The Zone

Star
Everything is pointing to cities with some of the worst sanitation are the hotbeds. Florida is quarantining the many New Yorkers headed that way for two weeks. There is a bit of a mixed message between the feds and the states. The one thing I am sure that comes out of all this is that the US will move a lot of jobs that went to China stateside. That will help with the economy which was up today but is as volatile as it can be.

911 has a varying effect on many. It was a little different for everyone depending on where they were from. I remember the many firemen vacationing at Myrtle Beach after the dust cleared. It was an interesting time.

justjess

Superstar
Everything is pointing to cities with some of the worst sanitation are the hotbeds. Florida is quarantining the many New Yorkers headed that way for two weeks. There is a bit of a mixed message between the feds and the states. The one thing I am sure that comes out of all this is that the US will move a lot of jobs that went to China stateside. That will help with the economy which was up today but is as volatile as it can be.

911 has a varying effect on many. It was a little different for everyone depending on where they were from. I remember the many firemen vacationing at Myrtle Beach after the dust cleared. It was an interesting time.
The anti - NY stuff I called this weekend after watching it in my own community directed at ME lol..

A lot of ny’ers have second homes in Florida. Floridians are nervous they will all come down there and spread their infection. But I’m sure that the spring breakers already beat the snowbirds to it. They should have quarantined the spring breakers or closed the beaches. Without doing so this is kinda ridiculous.

Honestly the feds should be shutting down interstate travel now period. Other then essential trucking enterprise.

Edit: I don’t think it’s because of these cities sanitation. It’s because of density.

Thunderian

Superstar
Even the WHO failed to call it a pandemic until it was too late.
WHO did worse than that. They actively covered up what was happening in China, and counseled against measures that would have drastically slowed down the spread of Covid19.

Even after Taiwan warned them that they were dealing with a serious virus that was originating in China.

In February, a month and a half after they were warned by Taiwan, the WHO said that restricting travel would “unnecessarily interfere with international travel & trade” and could “have the effect of increasing fear & stigma, with little public health benefit”. We sure know how wrong they were, don’t we?

It’s hard to look at the actions of China, Iran, and the WHO and not think they deserve a great deal of the blame for what the rest of us are dealing with right now.

justjess

Superstar
WHO did worse than that. They actively covered up what was happening in China, and counseled against measures that would have drastically slowed down the spread of Covid19.

Even after Taiwan warned them that they were dealing with a serious virus that was originating in China.

In February, a month and a half after they were warned by Taiwan, the WHO said that restricting travel would “unnecessarily interfere with international travel & trade” and could “have the effect of increasing fear & stigma, with little public health benefit”. We sure know how wrong they were, don’t we?

It’s hard to look at the actions of China, Iran, and the WHO and not think they deserve a great deal of the blame for what the rest of us are dealing with right now.
Ahh... I forgot when they said that. Thanks for the reminder. There’s been a lot of absolute bullshit said throughout this ordeal and a whole lot of blame to go around.

Maes17

Superstar
Who said anything about panic? Infact, taking it as something more than a virus is what im seeing people panic about. Honestly, the best precaution was staying indoors but what can you do, people don't listen.
People are panicking.

And that is my point. People don’t listen. That’s why we are in this pickle now.

Karlysymon

Superstar
That type of forward thinking has not appeared to have been done Karly, or so they would have us believe anyway.

I couldn't see the concept of problem pro-action, solution taking off in todays climate. Sad I know
Right. The only forward thinking thats been done in this regard is to do nothing and just wait to seize upon the anxiety and chaos that ensues in this kind of scenario.
Idk if that’s what happened after 911.. I lived too close to nyc to have an opinion on how it effected the rest of the nation. It did happen after 911 and it did happen in the nyc area again after sandy. It was short lived.

But this is a bit different... it is global, not geographically centered in any one place. It is effecting everyone in some way simultaneously and we are now dependent on the very people most thought were disposable two months ago. The grocery workers and truck drivers and gas station attendants. I sincerely hope this OPENS peoples eyes in a more permanent nature to those realities. That’s the only hope I got left.
I hear you. Different countries are being affected differently anyway.
I know that this is what Wilbur Ross (commerce secretary) said but i still don't understand how coronavirus would be a boon for the economy. I thought the whole point of moving jobs to China was because of cheap production costs. So why would the company owners abandon their business model over this virus?

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
IMPORTANT
Healthy Nurse's Account Of Surviving
Coronavirus...This is NOT the FLU
From Facebook
3-23-20​
ALBANY,GA — 31 year old healthy nurse who has lived thru personally being infected with Coronavirus and hopefully out of the dark. ****** #stayhome
COVID19 is NOT like the flu...at all. How do I know? Because I've lived through it to tell the tale.
Memoirs and timeline of a 31 year old male with no underlying health conditions.
March 3, 2020-Bronchitis like illness started, dry cough, no fever
March 5, 2020-Low grade fever starts, still thinking bronchit
March 6, 2020-Fever climbs from 99.8 to 102.6 in one hour, thought it was flu and was now outside the Tamiflu window, stayed home for symptom management.
March 9, 2020-Fever of >102 continues, this isn't flu, go to urgent care, diagnosed with pneumonia, started on Levaquin.
March 11, 2020-3 doses of Levaquin in, no improvement in symptoms, go to ER. Admitted, swabbed for COVID19, IV antibiotics got pneumonia on chest CT.
March 12, 2020-Get to a room and placed on supplemental oxygen via nasal cannula, 1 liter per minute (lpm). I'm only able to achieve 500 on my incentive spirometer, for perspective-my healthy lungs could hit 4000.
March 13, 2020-O2 saturation begins to decline, oxygen increased to 2 lpm, then 3 lpm, then 5 lpm. Oxygen saturation 88% on 5 lpm. The decision is made to use high flow (vapotherm) and move to ICU. Placed on 40 lpm and 60% oxygen. I'm terrified at this point because vapotherm is all that is standing between me and the ventilator. This is the moment I would have died at home had I not come to the hospital when I did. I would have respiratory arrested in my bed.
March 14, 2020-I have a bad coughing spell, my oxygen saturation drops to the 80's. I'm still on 40 lpm and 60%. I'm trying to gasp for air but because of the condition of my lungs, can only take small breaths without coughing more. I feel as though I'm about to die, my heart is racing, oxygen still low, and I'm sweating profusely. Im in respiratory distress! I pressed my call light trying to get the attention of anyone who can help. My nurse was in another room tending to another sick patient.
Fortunately, he sees me, and comes to my room. I am now on 40 lpm and 100% oxygen, next step is the ventilator. I'm terrified. My breathing slows as my oxygen saturation slowly returns to the 90's. I'm weaned back down to 60%. The same thing happens again in the night, and again I thought I was about to leave this world. Again I'm on 100%, this time for several hours. I'm slowly weaned again to 60%.
March 15, 2020-My morning arterial blood gas (which hurts like a
) is normal. I get weaned to 50%.
March 16, 2020-My oxygen saturation is 97%, I'm weaned further to 30 lpm and 40%.
March 17, 2020-I've been in ICU 4 days, forced to use a bedpan because my oxygen saturation drops if I turn or even move too much. I am unable to clean myself; I'm feeling completely helpless and so embarrassed, but my nurses were great and very understanding. I now truly understand my patients' feelings from all these years of nursing. I'm weaned to 25 lpm and 30%. I'm going to the medical floor.
March 18, 2020-I'm weaned to 28%. I can achieve 1500 on my incentive spirometer finally. I'm hopeful to be weaned to a regular nasal cannula. The provider comes in. I've been waiting for my swab results. I tested positive for COVID19...6.5 days of waiting for the outside lab to process the lab. I'm relieved because I finally have a diagnosis, a reason I've been so sick. I'm weaned to 4 lpm on a regular nasal cannula, 4 hours later I'm weaned to 2 lpm. 4 hours later I'm weaned to room air. My oxygen saturation stats 93% and above all night.
March 19, 2020-As I write this, I'm waiting to attempt a 6 minute walk test to see if my oxygen stays up, so I can go home. I've had no visitors this entire time due to my isolation precautions.
Guys, this is why social isolation is THE thing. As a 31 year old, I wasn't supposed to get sick. I wasn't supposed to be admitted to the hospital or the ICU for that matter. We've already had several deaths from COVID19 in this area. I thank God I wasn't one of them! However, many won't be as fortunate as I have been.
Many will die, especially those with any lung or heart problems. So please, I beg you to #stayhome
**Working in healthcare it's easy for us to downplay people getting sick. A lot of us wasn't taking this seriously because it seemed so much like the flu but the make up of this virus is different. The RNA mutating is basically uncontrollable and that's what's so scary. It's okay if you weren't taking it seriously because this is uncharted territory and a lot of us was in denial but you need to change that mindset. This isn't going to get better if we don't start staying home. I'm not personally worried about if I get sick but I'm horrified at the thought that I could be the reason someone dies. Think about that last statement and stay home please.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
://www.zerohedge.com/health/one-third-all-coronavirus-cases-show-no-symptoms-classified-china-data-reveals

IMPORTANT
Healthy Nurse's Account Of Surviving
Coronavirus...This is NOT the FLU
From Facebook
3-23-20​
ALBANY,GA — 31 year old healthy nurse who has lived thru personally being infected with Coronavirus and hopefully out of the dark. ****** #stayhome
COVID19 is NOT like the flu...at all. How do I know? Because I've lived through it to tell the tale.
Memoirs and timeline of a 31 year old male with no underlying health conditions.
March 3, 2020-Bronchitis like illness started, dry cough, no fever
March 5, 2020-Low grade fever starts, still thinking bronchitis
March 6, 2020-Fever climbs from 99.8 to 102.6 in one hour, thought it was flu and was now outside the Tamiflu window, stayed home for symptom management.
March 9, 2020-Fever of >102 continues, this isn't flu, go to urgent care, diagnosed with pneumonia, started on Levaquin.
March 11, 2020-3 doses of Levaquin in, no improvement in symptoms, go to ER. Admitted, swabbed for COVID19, IV antibiotics got pneumonia on chest CT.
March 12, 2020-Get to a room and placed on supplemental oxygen via nasal cannula, 1 liter per minute (lpm). I'm only able to achieve 500 on my incentive spirometer, for perspective-my healthy lungs could hit 4000.
March 13, 2020-O2 saturation begins to decline, oxygen increased to 2 lpm, then 3 lpm, then 5 lpm. Oxygen saturation 88% on 5 lpm. The decision is made to use high flow (vapotherm) and move to ICU. Placed on 40 lpm and 60% oxygen. I'm terrified at this point because vapotherm is all that is standing between me and the ventilator. This is the moment I would have died at home had I not come to the hospital when I did. I would have respiratory arrested in my bed.
March 14, 2020-I have a bad coughing spell, my oxygen saturation drops to the 80's. I'm still on 40 lpm and 60%. I'm trying to gasp for air but because of the condition of my lungs, can only take small breaths without coughing more. I feel as though I'm about to die, my heart is racing, oxygen still low, and I'm sweating profusely. Im in respiratory distress! I pressed my call light trying to get the attention of anyone who can help. My nurse was in another room tending to another sick patient.
Fortunately, he sees me, and comes to my room. I am now on 40 lpm and 100% oxygen, next step is the ventilator. I'm terrified. My breathing slows as my oxygen saturation slowly returns to the 90's. I'm weaned back down to 60%. The same thing happens again in the night, and again I thought I was about to leave this world. Again I'm on 100%, this time for several hours. I'm slowly weaned again to 60%.
March 15, 2020-My morning arterial blood gas (which hurts like a
) is normal. I get weaned to 50%.
March 16, 2020-My oxygen saturation is 97%, I'm weaned further to 30 lpm and 40%.
March 17, 2020-I've been in ICU 4 days, forced to use a bedpan because my oxygen saturation drops if I turn or even move too much. I am unable to clean myself; I'm feeling completely helpless and so embarrassed, but my nurses were great and very understanding. I now truly understand my patients' feelings from all these years of nursing. I'm weaned to 25 lpm and 30%. I'm going to the medical floor.
March 18, 2020-I'm weaned to 28%. I can achieve 1500 on my incentive spirometer finally. I'm hopeful to be weaned to a regular nasal cannula. The provider comes in. I've been waiting for my swab results. I tested positive for COVID19...6.5 days of waiting for the outside lab to process the lab. I'm relieved because I finally have a diagnosis, a reason I've been so sick. I'm weaned to 4 lpm on a regular nasal cannula, 4 hours later I'm weaned to 2 lpm. 4 hours later I'm weaned to room air. My oxygen saturation stats 93% and above all night.
March 19, 2020-As I write this, I'm waiting to attempt a 6 minute walk test to see if my oxygen stays up, so I can go home. I've had no visitors this entire time due to my isolation precautions.
Guys, this is why social isolation is THE thing. As a 31 year old, I wasn't supposed to get sick. I wasn't supposed to be admitted to the hospital or the ICU for that matter. We've already had several deaths from COVID19 in this area. I thank God I wasn't one of them! However, many won't be as fortunate as I have been.
Many will die, especially those with any lung or heart problems. So please, I beg you to #stayhome
**Working in healthcare it's easy for us to downplay people getting sick. A lot of us wasn't taking this seriously because it seemed so much like the flu but the make up of this virus is different. The RNA mutating is basically uncontrollable and that's what's so scary. It's okay if you weren't taking it seriously because this is uncharted territory and a lot of us was in denial but you need to change that mindset. This isn't going to get better if we don't start staying home. I'm not personally worried about if I get sick but I'm horrified at the thought that I could be the reason someone dies. Think about that last statement and stay home please.
Sounds like he got the worst of it.

Vixy

Star
Haha I've noticed more boating activity than usual around the uninhabited Drakes Island in Plymouth Sound this past few days, I suppose some people are going there with camping gear to self-isolate.. :)
Here's a pic of the island (circled) which I took 15 minutes ago from the Marine Lab webcam a mile from where I live.

And this is the unmanned Eddystone Lighthouse 14 miles from Plymouth, I wouldn't be surprised if some isolaters are heading out there too..
You live a mile from that? Ahlright, Tidal, you've got yourself a new wife!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile in sweden.. Vixy going out as usual. Still ain't dead but had some cough today. So did my friend so we went around coughing, scaring people, LOL! Going out tomorrow too.

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
In Canada Turd-o is trying to pass a bill that would give the Finance Minister absolute power to tax and spend at will without the consent of Parliament, until December 2021. Why that long? Do they know something we don't?

#TrudeauDictatorship is trending on Twitter and most of the people hashtagging this now are complete idiots who bash others for starting this trend, not even seeing that this country is indeed slowly turning into a dictatorship.