Christian Zionism Discussed

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa, great to see you. And you are needed here for a time such as this :D :D
Most of us were in your redheifer thread, so i will only post what i did, back then.
End Times Buffoonery

"Protestant fundamentalists found ample theological justification to support Euro-Atlantic elites’ drive for global hegemony.
Indeed, the late American intellectual Gore Vidal whimsically observed that the practical result of this Dispensationalist theology was a “military build up that can never, ever cease until we have
done battle for the Lord.”
Hey Karly, how have you been?
I wish I had copied my red hiefer op and Israel God’s Chosen People...I didn’t realize VC would start over, O well.

I’m not sure Protestant fundamentalists are the ones trying to start a war but I do know that in scripture Jesus talks about wars and rumors of wars. So while we may blame this side or that side of trying to be warmongers, the truth is Jesus says that this is a sign of the times. I’m not a warmonger btw but I do understand that this will be happening because the Bible tells me so. That being said you can’t stop it from happening either.

As for the article talking about this Christian or that making bad predictions, we all also know that there will false teachers out there and it does seem in these days deception is going through the churches like a wildfire and unless you are discerning and letting the Bible be your plumb line you may be deceived and fall away from the faith.

Seems like the Bible is correct again, and why wouldn’t it be? God knows what’s going to happen, and for those of us who have the eyes to see and the ears to hear it’s both exciting and terrifying...

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Hanan Ashrawi (legislator, activist, and scholar. and Palestinian Christian) in response to Mike Pence's biblical defense of Jerusalem: "I belong to the oldest Christian tradition in the world, and I don't believe that God ordained that the world has to be unjust to the Palestinians."
it’s both exciting and terrifying...
There is nothing exciting about occupation and oppression, and you would be singing a different tune if you were the one being terrified.:(

Last edited:

Daciple

Star
To those of you who are scripturally literate and who study these things, are there indications that that could happen?
I believe the Word of God tells us quite clearly that there will be a False Israel established, and it will subdue the World and eventually be hated by the World and turned upon. I believe that for many many many years prior to Christ, Israel was a False Israel in the aspect that they utterly and totally rejected God and His Commandments. The Scripture is littered with how those who ran the Nation State were actually worshiping Satan in the Temple while pretending to be the faithful of the God of Israel. It is a wonder to me how Christian Zionists dont see these things and instead believe somehow this State that was created by outright Anti Christs, for the purpose of crowing their Messiah aka the Antichrist is somehow a Nation that is ordained of God.

Those who run this Nation that has highjacked the name of Israel, have outright stated that they are the direct descendant of the Pharisees.

"The Jewish religion as it is today traces its descent, without a break, through all the centuries, from the Pharisees. Their leading ideas and methods found expression in a literature of enormous extent, of which a very great deal is still in existence. The Talmud is the largest and most important single piece of that literature … and the study of it is essential for any real understanding of Pharisaism." - Universal Jewish Encyclopedia (1943)

What did Jesus say of the Pharisees?

John 8:13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him...

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Matt 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Theres pretty much a whole chapter dedicated to railing against the Pharisees, and it is again another thing I cant understand about Christian Zionists, what does Jesus tell them point blank at the end of all His woes against them?

Matt 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Have the Pharisees, aka the people who are running Modern Judaism, who set up this False State with the name Israel on it, have they called Jesus Blessed and He who has come in the name of the Lord? If not then why are you trying to force this Nation State into some type of fulfillment of Prophecy when Jesus Himself told them that their house is left unto them desolate?

If we are to say there will be Millennial Reign then why are people trying to make this State a fulfillment of Prophecy, and NOT the Nation that Jesus Christ Himself would establish? Its rather clear, Israel is to stand desolate until they acknowledge Jesus as the Christ, but they will not do so until He comes back period, Jesus Himself is going to set up the Israel that fulfills any Prophecy, not the people that hate Jesus and put Him to death.

Also along these lines its a wonderment to me how Christian Zionists ignore the Talmud, the most holiest book of the Pharisees, a book they put above the Word of God, that calls Jesus False Prophet, Satanic Magician, who is the product of Mary whom they call a whore and a Roman Soilder (aka not really even Jewish) and who is now in Hell boiling in Semen. It blows my mind that people would support those who literally killed Jesus and still continue today to spread the absolute most awful things about our Lord and Savior, who are out here trying to say that these people are the actual Children of God, when that outright spits in the face of He who gave us the Word of God that teaches that ONLY those who are Born Again are the Children of God...

Here are Scriptures to show you exactly who the Pharisees are the same as they were back in the day:

Ez 8:4 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.
5 Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.
6 He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.
7 And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.
8 Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.
9 And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.
10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about.
11 And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.
12 Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, the Lord seeth us not; the Lord hath forsaken the earth.
13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the Lord, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.
17 Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.

There you go, who is it that the Pharisees worship in secret? Thats right Satan himself, expressed in idol worship, worship of Babylonian gods (Tammuz) and the sun, all of which anyone who has any basic knowledge of the Bible are each representatives of Satan. The Pharisees are trying their hardest to restore a Temple in Israel, that ALONE is a spitting in Gods face, why? Because God is the one who destroyed it saying until you call me Christ you are to remain desolate. Yet Christian Zionists are literally HELPING to get the thing restored, here Satan go ahead set up your False Temple so your followers the Pharisees can recommence worshiping you in this Temple!!! Not only that its clearly known that these Satanic Pharisees are going to once again start up Blood Sacrifices, how on earth can you not see the hatred towards God and Christ in this act? They are looking at Jesus and God and saying your Sacrifice means NOTHING, we instead are going to continue with a system YOU DID AWAY WITH, you think you can stop us God, YOU CANT WATCH US DO IT!!!

What hate and disdain these people have for God and for Christ yet they have implemented their plan to perfection and have the huge mass of followers of Jesus supporting them in creating a False State, to set up a False Temple, to usher in and crown a False Messiah and then persecute those who actually believe in Jesus. Guess what Christians if there is a Tribulation, if Pre Millennialism is the correct Eschatology, then I can assure 100% that you will NOT escape the Tribulation that Satan is going to pour out on the Saints. There is no secret Rapture, Satan will be crowned and he and the rest of the World will turn on Israel and upon all Christians. And there will be a Great Falling Away as millions of lukewarm and false converts who sat here in support of Israel, who staked their faith in that blasphemous ideology of the Pre Trib Rapture, watch in horror as the AntiChrist and their Sacred Israel that they have supported being to kill Christians by the droves. Watch as their Faith shrivels up as they have to endure the fact there is no escaping the Tribulation and thus believe that God has abandoned them because they put their Faith in this garbage instead of Jesus Christ Himself. All of which is exactly what the Pharisees and their god want and have been plotting for centuries...

As for Scripture supporting Israel as being a False Israel, I believe it is spelled out in Revelations, but people have misidentified it as Rome:

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

It takes only a bit of study in the Old Testament to know that Israel was continually called a whore and a harlot, that it was and eventually will be once the Antichrist takes over, sitting upon many waters (peoples and nations) that many nations and peoples have been drunk with her wine and that Israel as committed fornication with them. Israel WAS to be the Bride of God, but it has and the False Israel of this prophecy will again whore itself out to the nations as the Antichrist sets up his abode there. Also what Nation or People have killed all the Saints? Jesus said it in the chapter I quoted, it was the Pharisees. The same Pharisees that hijacked Israel back in the day, the same Pharisees that hijacked Christianity aka Catholicism, the same Pharisees that created this False Nation and placed the name Israel on it so the brainwashed World with the support of the brainwashed Christians will support any and all Evil it does, by claiming itself as a creation of God.

This is also Spiritual in nature and what Spirituality is it that is prominent? Babylon the Great, the Satanic Spirituality that is behind all the Occult, all the Gnostics, all the Kabbalah, all the New Age, Theosophy, Freemasonic and every other false system of Religion. It is the same Spirituality that Ezekiel saw the Pharisees worshiping in the Temple eons ago....

I have zero doubt that the Nation that calls itself today Israel has absolutely nothing to do with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and has everything to do with the AntiChrist Pharisees. I believe they still hate Jesus and they hate God just as they always have, and that they are mad and have been mad that God destroyed their Nation and the Temple they turned into a Blasphemy and they have for 2000 years been doing any and everything they can to overcome God and recreate Israel by THEIR hands not Gods, for THEIR Messiah, not Gods, to worship THEIR gods and not the One True God who sent His only Begotten Son into the World that whomsoever it is that will believe in Him shall have Eternal Life. All those who reject Him REGARDLESS of any supposed Ethnic ties will abide with the Wrath of God on them and burn in Hell forever. To claim yourself as a Christian and say that there is a different plan for the "Jews" and the rest of all Humanity is to complete destroy and trample on the Blood of Jesus Christ!!!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I know this is a bit of aside to this discussion but it has to be said...

James 3

1My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. 2For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body. 3Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body. 4Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. 5Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! 6And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. 7For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. 10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.11Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? 12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Does this mean that we say nothing of sensitive subjects? I don't think so, but to me it presses the point that the more sensitive the topic the greater care is required, not just in getting our ideas over clearly, but in realising who we are speaking with. Communication starts with respect, even if I don't like the ideas of another person.

Lisa

Superstar
Hanan Ashrawi (legislator, activist, and scholar. and Palestinian Christian) in response to Mike Pence's biblical defense of Jerusalem: "I belong to the oldest Christian tradition in the world, and I don't believe that God ordained that the world has to be unjust to the Palestinians."

There is nothing exciting about occupation and oppression, and you would be singing a different tune if you were the one being terrified.:(
I’ve never heard of your Palestinian “Christian”. And I don’t believe the world is unjust to the Palestinians, rather they support them against Israel, making the situation their worse.

When did I say occupation and oppression is exciting? I said
“God knows what’s going to happen and got those with the eyes to see and the ears to hear it’s both exciting and terrifying.” That’s sure different than what you say I said.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I’ve never heard of your Palestinian “Christian”. And I don’t believe the world is unjust to the Palestinians, rather they support them against Israel, making the situation their worse.

When did I say occupation and oppression is exciting? I said
“God knows what’s going to happen and got those with the eyes to see and the ears to hear it’s both exciting and terrifying.” That’s sure different than what you say I said.
Exciting inasmuch as prophecies from thousands of years ago are beginning to unfold rapidly (and because of what it means for the truth of the Gospel Christians have placed their faith in).

But...

Terrifying on the human level for those caught in the eye of the storm, both Jews and Muslims.

What if, despite some of them annoying other forum members, the Christians happen to have been right? (If we have btw, we none of us can take credit for "finding" our Saviour, as in truth, He found us). It's not a time for anyone to take a triumphalist tone, as multitudes may truly be in the valley of decision.

My heart goes out to the innocent ordinary people caught up in the maelstrom of political and religious conflict who just want to be able to get on with their lives!

Lisa

Superstar
Exciting inasmuch as prophecies from thousands of years ago are beginning to unfold rapidly (and because of what it means for the truth of the Gospel Christians have placed their faith in).

But...

Terrifying on the human level for those caught in the eye of the storm, both Jews and Muslims.

What if, despite some of them annoying other forum members, the Christians happen to have been right? (If we have btw, we none of us can take credit for "finding" our Saviour, as in truth, He found us). It's not a time for anyone to take a triumphalist tone, as multitudes may truly be in the valley of decision.

My heart goes out to the innocent ordinary people caught up in the maelstrom of political and religious conflict who just want to be able to get on with their lives!
Exciting in that I’m alive at this time and am seeing Biblical prophecy...terrifying in that I’m alive at this time and am seeing Biblical prophecy.

These events don’t just catch the Jews and the muslims, it has caught up the whole world, just like the Bible says it would. And the whole world has an opinion on what should happen in Israel, which is kind of weird that that little sliver of a country has got the world wrapped up in what happens to it and in it. That is unheard of really.

What triumphalist tone are you talking about? And if someone is in the valley of decision...its good for them to know that what God has put in the Bible is coming to pass, don’t ya think? That there really is a God...

Who is caught up in trump saying that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel? How does that even change the day to day lives of the people in that area? Doesn’t life just go on as normal for them, well after they calm down and stop protesting that is?

Kung Fu

Superstar

But...

Regarding just the prophecy portion of your post, I agree with everything else you say, Islamic literature has also prophesied what's happening now. The only difference in how we view prophecy is at the end with the return of Jesus at an appointed. You believe he will affirm his divinity whereas as Muslims believe he will re-affirm his servitude to the Most High and that he was nothing but a servant.

I personally believe we're not far from that moment but still won't see during our lifetime. Regardless, only the Most High knows so sit tight and enjoy the ride.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Exciting in that I’m alive at this time and am seeing Biblical prophecy...terrifying in that I’m alive at this time and am seeing Biblical prophecy.

These events don’t just catch the Jews and the muslims, it has caught up the whole world, just like the Bible says it would. And the whole world has an opinion on what should happen in Israel, which is kind of weird that that little sliver of a country has got the world wrapped up in what happens to it and in it. That is unheard of really.

What triumphalist tone are you talking about? And if someone is in the valley of decision...its good for them to know that what God has put in the Bible is coming to pass, don’t ya think? That there really is a God...

Who is caught up in trump saying that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel? How does that even change the day to day lives of the people in that area? Doesn’t life just go on as normal for them, well after they calm down and stop protesting that is?
I am terrified for the wholehearted folk who chant "Death to America, Death to Israel" every Friday. I feel sorry for the way they are being set up. I believe they are in the wrong, but they are still people for who Jesus died and I my heart feels heavy for the situation. I hope this makes sense?

Lisa

Superstar
I am terrified for the wholehearted folk who chant "Death to America, Death to Israel" every Friday. I feel sorry for the way they are being set up. I believe they are in the wrong, but they are still people for who Jesus died and I my heart feels heavy for the situation. I hope this makes sense?
Actually, it doesn’t make sense from what you posted to me earlier and from my response to what you said. Seems like you’ve gone off on a tangent....

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Actually, it doesn’t make sense from what you posted to me earlier and from my response to what you said. Seems like you’ve gone off on a tangent....
A tangent perhaps, but it is what I'm feeling at the moment.

I hear the anger and anti-Israel sentiment on this forum. There are many people who hold very strong views here, and at least some of them are sincerely wrong. Even though I don't agree with the outlook of everyone, observing the gap between their understanding of the hearts and intentions of Christians, and the truth hits me very hard.

Anyway, I didn't mean to confuse you, just trying to put some complex feelings into words. I will leave my "contribution" at this.

Lisa

Superstar
A tangent perhaps, but it is what I'm feeling at the moment.

I hear the anger and anti-Israel sentiment on this forum. There are many people who hold very strong views here, and at least some of them are sincerely wrong. Even though I don't agree with the outlook of everyone, observing the gap between their understanding of the hearts and intentions of Christians, and the truth hits me very hard.

Anyway, I didn't mean to confuse you, just trying to put some complex feelings into words. I will leave my "contribution" at this.
Ok, but you are so busy standing on the fence that it feels like you are less a Christian and more an appeaser.

Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense. God, Israel, the Bible, it’s always going to be offensive to unbelievers no matter how nice or kind you tell them the truth, you are so busy trying not to offend that its like you don’t say anything at all....

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Ok, but you are so busy standing on the fence that it feels like you are less a Christian and more an appeaser.

Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense. God, Israel, the Bible, it’s always going to be offensive to unbelievers no matter how nice or kind you tell them the truth, you are so busy trying not to offend that its like you don’t say anything at all....
Do you think it more likely people will listen to you if you take them seriously and show some empathy or if you are immediately confrontational? What sort of people have helped and influenced you positively over the years? Have you been glad when they showed you understanding?

As for me not saying anything at all, you can look at my recent posts and take your own view!

Lisa

Superstar
Do you think it more likely people will listen to you if you take them seriously and show some empathy or if you are immediately confrontational? What sort of people have helped and influenced you positively over the years? Have you been glad when they showed you understanding?

As for me not saying anything at all, you can look at my recent posts and take your own view!
Yes, but there is a right and wrong and a lot of times I can’t understand where you stand because to me you are trying to be overly empathetic to the point that I’m confused as to whose side you are really on...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Yes, but there is a right and wrong and a lot of times I can’t understand where you stand because to me you are trying to be overly empathetic to the point that I’m confused as to whose side you are really on...
Ok - I get the fact that the Gospel is important. So important in fact that I remember a Soviet atheist say that he didn't believe in Hell, but if he did, he would crawl across Siberia on broken glass to reach one convert.

I am very firmly on the "Christian" side, but the message those on the outside get from the left leaning media and the brash, outspoken "America First" types is that Christians care very little for others (just read some of the comments on the forum if you don't believe me).

This is, of course, untrue - but if that is where people are at, there is a lot of prejudices that have to be overcome - I think people need to understand why you are saying something before they will listen to what you actually say, especially when they have no relationship with you outside the written word. I say this as a friend on the forum, and take no offense at you "calling me out" ;-)

Lisa

Superstar
Ok - I get the fact that the Gospel is important. So important in fact that I remember a Soviet atheist say that he didn't believe in Hell, but if he did, he would crawl across Siberia on broken glass to reach one convert.

I am very firmly on the "Christian" side, but the message those on the outside get from the left leaning media and the brash, outspoken "America First" types is that Christians care very little for others (just read some of the comments on the forum if you don't believe me).

This is, of course, untrue - but if that is where people are at, there is a lot of prejudices that have to be overcome - I think people need to understand why you are saying something before they will listen to what you actually say, especially when they have no relationship with you outside the written word. I say this as a friend on the forum, and take no offense at you "calling me out" ;-)
I wish you were either hot or cold is all I’m saying lukewarm is annoying.

And what about Israel then...we are part of that olive tree...you don’t care about that either I suppose because in order to care about that you might be seen as uncaring to others? Really? There is a side here whether you like it or not. Friendship with the world being enmity with God?
Or how’s this one...contend earnestly for the faith. Does that mean anything to you either?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I wish you were either hot or cold is all I’m saying lukewarm is annoying.

And what about Israel then...we are part of that olive tree...you don’t care about that either I suppose because in order to care about that you might be seen as uncaring to others? Really? There is a side here whether you like it or not. Friendship with the world being enmity with God?
Or how’s this one...contend earnestly for the faith. Does that mean anything to you either?
Lisa, you presume to know things about me that you really don't! Truthfully as a child I was very put off by aggressive street preachers and shouty types generally. I try to imagine others being every bit as "real" as me. Perhaps this makes me try to too hard at diplomacy. Diplomatic people can be wrongly interpreted as weak, (or perhaps turning it upside town, you might be tempted to say that weak people try diplomacy to avoid conflict!).

To the point, we are at a critical time in history. None of us know just how critical but it is not a time for indecision or in-fighting. I watched two clips earlier, one by Palastinian preacher, JD Farag, the other by Amir Tsarfati. If you want to know what I see on the horizon, check them out...

Well Red of course I disagree with your religion but the way you conduct yourself (forum wise) seems to be inline with what Jesus said.

"Love your neighbor as yourself"
"Do unto others as you'd have them do to you"
"Pray for those who persecute you"

It may just be me but the way you carry yourself (online) seems to be inline wit these sayings of Jesus. But I guess if you're not purposely antagonizing people you're not "christianing" right

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well Red of course I disagree with your religion but the way you conduct yourself (forum wise) seems to be inline with what Jesus said.

"Love your neighbor as yourself"
"Do unto others as you'd have them do to you"
"Pray for those who persecute you"

It may just be me but the way you carry yourself (online) seems to be inline wit these sayings of Jesus. But I guess if you're not purposely antagonizing people you're not "christianing" right
Nice of you to say, KM - I don't want to get into a popularity contest though!!! One thing I have learned from this forum is how different from one another we all are. We all extrapolate from our own experience in trying to understand others. Perhaps for @Lisa, she would have never come to faith unless a fiery, straight talker had given her the Gospel with both barrels. For me, I might never have understood the message without the change in character I saw in my dad. As a little kid, he went from angry, resentful and depressed to gentle, patient and happy. It was his nature that started me listening to what he said and got me wondering why he had changed and who he had met ...