BTS discussion thread

Jin seems to have some nice qualities but let's never forget he is in the band, he might be rebellious and all but whether he likes it or not he has played a role in the dangerous manipulation of young people. He did the sweet talk on vaccines together with jhope and rap monster.
even if he was forced to comply with death threats to his relatives (that's how things work), it's best to not trust the guy and "stay away" from him.
And who knows what his personality is really like behind the scene. He was chosen as a member bc his face make girls fall in love, which is an important factor. But let's be real, these guys were chosen bc the mk programming were doable on them. Not all kids are suitable to it. I doubt Jin was able to survive the abuses unscathed. His cognitive functions were damaged. His personality may be totally messed up.
He made a recent appearance in a tv show and he looked stiff, pale and worried like a fragile old man, while the host was exuberant and carefree. you could see the difference between the two. She blabbed about random stuff like a normal person, he was always making references to the band in an hesitant tone.
It must be a mental prison from which is impossible to escape.
I think that if some of the members do things alone in the real word, like a tv show unrelated to bts, their confidence disappear.
This is not normal. They are not 15 years old anymore.
Jin is also one of the richest members, which also doesn't sound too good.
100% this.
The girl on show is a decade younger than him but she is loud and confident compared to him which I find really strange considering they've performed worldwide. I can somewhat understand that this could be them feeling isolated like he said that it is pressurising to be their friend but still why he was so nervous? Also about sick and frail, your observation is on point. I can tag a tons of video of him doing questionable things but this thread is full of it, so I'm not going to bother, if somebody is interested, there is a tons of evidence as how he is similar to his band mates in his own way.

dorakorea

Established
100% this.
The girl on show is a decade younger than him but she is loud and confident compared to him which I find really strange considering they've performed worldwide. I can somewhat understand that this could be them feeling isolated like he said that it is pressurising to be their friend but still why he was so nervous? Also about sick and frail, your observation is on point. I can tag a tons of video of him doing questionable things but this thread is full of it, so I'm not going to bother, if somebody is interested, there is a tons of evidence as how he is similar to his band mates in his own way.
the show is very awkward for a number of reasons. No funny jokes and atmosphere which is strange for a Korean show.
They should not promote alcohol that much, as well.

Despite the angelic face and polite/goofy manners he has on camera, Jin may be actually abusive. he often showed unhealthy amounts of jealousy towards Jungkook and sometimes jhope. Well I am a possessive person too so i can understand but his jealous stares are scary. it looks like he wants to murder JK while he flirts with other members. It is really too much. they are obviously told to flirt on camera but Jin's raging jealousy is not a pretense. He also had bursts of anger that are unsettling. He threw a bottle of water to Jungkook after a concert in plain sight, only because he had hugged one of the others. The most shocking thing was the expression on his face. he can't control himself and that's a big red flag so who knows what he has done to the others in private.

Last edited:
Yes, the military will turn him into a man...Hopefully...
The military will destroy him, and rebuild him into their idea of a man. The Korean military is dangerous and toxic like most militaries. Idols don't recover, relax or rest. There's hazing and bullying, and suicides. Most families are told their family members died protecting the country. Sexual abuse happens too. If he has an preexisting mental health issues, he's not going to find help in there.

e-Enoch

Superstar
The military will destroy him, and rebuild him into their idea of a man. The Korean military is dangerous and toxic like most militaries. Idols don't recover, relax or rest. There's hazing and bullying, and suicides. Most families are told their family members died protecting the country. Sexual abuse happens too. If he has an preexisting mental health issues, he's not going to find help in there.
I pray and hope those things you've said about the SK military is not actually happening and will not happen to any trainee, not even to JK...if it happened before, then I really hope it is not happening again...not anymore. So far, Jin and JHope have been having a very positive experience in their training and they are being treated very well.

minnie82

Superstar
the show is very awkward for a number of reasons. No funny jokes and atmosphere which is strange for a Korean show.
They should not promote alcohol that much, as well.

Despite the angelic face and polite/goofy manners he has on camera, Jin may be actually abusive. he often showed unhealthy amounts of jealousy towards Jungkook and sometimes jhope. Well I am a possessive person too so i can understand but his jealous stares are scary. it looks like he wants to murder JK while he flirts with other members. It is really too much. they are obviously told to flirt on camera but Jin's raging jealousy is not a pretense. He also had bursts of anger that are unsettling. He threw a bottle of water to Jungkook after a concert in plain sight, only because he had hugged one of the others. The most shocking thing was the expression on his face. he can't control himself and that's a big red flag so who knows what he has done to the others in private.
Yes i remember a video where Jimin called him and J-hope in a informal way and Jin looks very angry ,like how dare you,i'm older than you . .

e-Enoch

Superstar
Yes i remember a video where Jimin called him and J-hope in a informal way and Jin looks very angry ,like how dare you,i'm older than you . .
Seniority is a very big deal in SK's culture and custom. When older people are disrespected, just like what Jimin did to Jin and JHope (like what you mentioned). It's justified for Jin to react with an angry demeanor. To do otherwise is to condone an unacceptable behavior...

minnie82

Superstar
Seniority is a very big deal in SK's culture and custom. When older people are disrespected, just like what Jimin did to Jin and JHope (like what you mentioned). It's justified for Jin to react with an angry demeanor. To do otherwise is to condone an unacceptable behavior...
i know that, but i find a bit exaggerate , since he's just 2 or 3 years older than him ..

I pray and hope those things you've said about the SK military is not actually happening and will not happen to any trainee, not even to JK...if it happened before, then I really hope it is not happening again...not anymore. So far, Jin and JHope have been having a very positive experience in their training and they are being treated very well.
This was the situation as of Taemin.

Idols don't have the position to speak up. Korea runs on won't ask, don't tell on both sides of the border. The military is hell. It's pretty bad here too if a soldier was willing to run to North Korea. I've seen and heard some stuff. One idol let his fellow soldiers use his credit card. I guess he thought they wouldn't be mean to him. I won't go into what Taemin experienced. It makes me angry when he's associated with btees and SHINe3 is used when something happens to that group.

e-Enoch

Superstar
This was the situation as of Taemin.

Idols don't have the position to speak up. Korea runs on won't ask, don't tell on both sides of the border. The military is hell. It's pretty bad here too if a soldier was willing to run to North Korea. I've seen and heard some stuff. One idol let his fellow soldiers use his credit card. I guess he thought they wouldn't be mean to him. I won't go into what Taemin experienced. It makes me angry when he's associated with btees and SHINe3 is used when something happens to that group.
That's really sad...I hope serious reforms to improve their military situation would be done sooner...

dorakorea

Established
I'm quite sure the bullying is the same in many other Countries, certainly it was in mine.
They would never deploy civilians in case of a highly unlikely attack from the North. We are not in a movie about the Korean war. the US would send drones and their own special force like they always do. North Koreans would never dare to provoke the US. They are not even supported by China anymore. It wouldn't make sense. I don't even think North Korea is a real enemy of the Americans, they probably sell them weapons or God knows what.
Korean young men have nothing to do with a war. They already "serve" the Country by being slaves of the education/economic system. They keep up with this military absurdity for evil social/ideological reasons that they call "tradition" and "national security".

minnie82

Superstar
I'm quite sure the bullying is the same in many other Countries, certainly it was in mine.
They would never deploy civilians in case of a highly unlikely attack from the North. We are not in a movie about the Korean war. the US would send drones and their own special force like they always do. North Koreans would never dare to provoke the US. They are not even supported by China anymore. It wouldn't make sense. I don't even think North Korea is a real enemy of the Americans, they probably sell them weapons or God knows what.
Korean young men have nothing to do with a war. They already "serve" the Country by being slaves of the education/economic system. They keep up with this military absurdity for evil social/ideological reasons that they call "tradition" and "national security".
yes right , bullying in the military is also common in my country, we called that "nonnismo"..

The military is another form of control. The elites use it to keep lower classes in fear and to kill people for resources. We're in the time of resource wars. Historians and scientists warned that if we didn't change our ways, countries would fight for water, food, farmland and oil. Forced conscription shouldn't exist. If men have to serve, both genders should go. A lot of countries do that.

The military is another form of control. The elites use it to keep lower classes in fear and to kill people for resources. We're in the time of resource wars. Historians and scientists warned that if we didn't change our ways, countries would fight for water, food, farmland and oil. Forced conscription shouldn't exist. If men have to serve, both genders should go. A lot of countries do that.
Infact, military is the main key player in controlling all key policies and regime change, almost acting like a mafia. In my country, we call them "aliens" who control everything behind the scenes or there is a running joke, whoever criticises them , they are going to abduct the person in a black Vigo.