BTS discussion thread

Kimiko

Veteran
And if they were not so afraid of enlisting, they could have done it last year and be over it in a few months
here they say the tour had to be cancelled, so they really wouldn't miss anything

big mistake, to keep postponing the enlisting, while they can not tour now because of the virus. they wasted two years
That's why they are begging for a grammy cuz it will be considered bringing international awareness/merit to South Korea and will most likely get them a military exemption

It's obvious that they have no plans to actually enlist or else j!n would have went last year before turning 28

H×pe/b+s think that they are too good for the military and that they shouldnt be held go the same standards as mere mortals

Last edited:

Kimiko

Veteran
Their fans make people hate the group. They have attacked so many artists and demean the works of others.
Yes their fans always accuse others of being racist to b+s and not respecting them cuz they are koreans

The same fans then turn around and demean other kpop groups for only being big in south Korea and only winning korean awards and not being nominated in American award shows like b+s

They actually say thst b+s is too good for Korea-that's actually their fans looking down on their home,their culture,their family and friends

Berrywon88

Star
i think not all korean are like that, i saw a video of a korean guy married with a black girl , and they also have a kid
Yeah, this is why I said at the end that not all Koreans agree or share this mindset. I've had Korean American friends that were very open minded and accepted other cultures. They were young though and not a part of the older generation. Not to get personal but I'm mixed myself and half of my family comes from Asia. With the country my dad is from they don't marry foreigners, I mean never. And my father is the oldest son and yet he married my mom after living in the U.S. They divorced but that's another story lol. So there are always exceptions.

Oh and I found this video interesting. The woman is Korean and she talks about the things she doesn't like about her culture and what other Koreans tend to do. One of the things she mentions is how they never accept foreigners whether there's a language barrier or not.

Last edited:

Berrywon88

Star
Yes, lets not fall in the generalization trap.
I'm sorry if what I said was offensive or generalizing. These were my personal experiences with Korean people as a person of color. Many have had these experiences as well. Koreans are romanticized around the world now because of kpop and kdramas and a lot of fans have no idea of the reality. This is why I gave my perspective.

Berrywon88

Star
also i dont understand, why is the reason they mention it? do they realize saying their extreme dieting practices that are clearly unhealthy is controversial and will raise concern or do they think its normal at this point? don't they realize they have younger fans who watch and (sadly) look up to them, or even fans who are struggling with eating disorders? they care about youth and mental health right? :rolleyes:
I always thought they mentioned dieting so frequently because it's a habit. It's a part of their daily life, their environment. So maybe they don't even realize mentioning these things on camera isn't right. Jk talks about his diets on every live, it's pretty disturbing and his fans brush it off as him being healthy. And jm looks like he's wasting away.

Kimiko

Veteran
And yes jimin is so skinny it looks like he is underweight

All of them,except rM,j!n and kook,seem to be very very skinny yet only j!min looks like he is underweight which I'm sure he is

He updated his height and weight earlier this year and he is almost 5ft 10 and weighed only like 125 lbs...thats underweight for a grown man to be that slim

rM ,j!n and kook are still slender but they have a more muscular build than the others

swayy000

Star

Berrywon88

Star

All of them,except rM,j!n and kook,seem to be very very skinny yet only j!min looks like he is underweight which I'm sure he is

He updated his height and weight earlier this year and he is almost 5ft 10 and weighed only like 125 lbs...thats underweight for a grown man to be that slim

rM ,j!n and kook are still slender but they have a more muscular build than the others
I actually think jn looks underweight too and has for some time now. People might not notice because of his wide shoulders and broad back. His clothes are always swimming on him. Jn and rm had a live...I didn't watch it but saw clips on twittr. Rm looks great these days, he's gained weight and is very muscular...but look how frail jn looks...
IMG_20210820_102914.jpgIMG_20210820_102934.jpg

queen82

Star

don't know but i wonder if they were punished if they gain some weights , they would be healthy and fine ...

Saramel11

This is old, but I would show this paparazzi clip to anyone you know that is on the fence about b*s. Look at how they treat their precious army. The look of disgust they all have (esp T*e) when the guy asks them a simple question. Like it's been said on here they hate America and Americans yet want to use our country for clout in Korea. They couldn't even be bothered to wave to the fans. They are plastic pampered dolls being led by their company. I hope more people wake up! The way their security was attacking this man and his camera too dispicable.

Also show them this...where their only international fan meet was a failure and they did not interact...armys were allowed to only pose in front of them. T*e's face again says it all...View attachment 60758View attachment 60759
This is actually all fake but the difference in how they interact with their Korean fans vs. International fans is downright comical.
View attachment 60760View attachment 60761View attachment 60762
Especially what stood out to me also is how none of them are as blindingly light skinned as they're photoshopped to be

Kimiko

Veteran
Especially what stood out to me also is how none of them are as blindingly light skinned as they're photoshopped to be
They whitewash the hell outta them

All of them are all pretty tanned skin,$uga isnt as tan but he isnt as pale as he wants to be

This one clip I saw of kook,j!min and t@e playingbasketball here in the states I was mildly shocked by the fact that kook was just barely a shade lighter than t@e and had a very tan complexion

He was without make up as well and if i didnt know it was kook of b+s I wouldn't have thought that was him

They actually looked much better without make up and whitewash, all three of them looked like good looking guys in their early 20s and not feminine by any means
The video was from early 2020 I believe

Berrywon88

Star
They whitewash the hell outta them

All of them are all pretty tanned skin,$uga isnt as tan but he isnt as pale as he wants to be

This one clip I saw of kook,j!min and t@e playingbasketball here in the states I was mildly shocked by the fact that kook was just barely a shade lighter than t@e and had a very tan complexion

He was without make up as well and if i didnt know it was kook of b+s I wouldn't have thought that was him

They actually looked much better without make up and whitewash, all three of them looked like good looking guys in their early 20s and not feminine by any means
The video was from early 2020 I believe
Yeah when they're in the states they don't usually whitewash them so I've seen them on the cover of magazines and on tv looking much darker than they normally look. And I agree they look much better with their natural skin tones and no makeup. Jk really shocked me when I saw he was actually a tanned complexion.

U.S. red carpet
fb468555a34d0fdd59743860fbee1156.jpg
Vs. Whitewashed jk behind the scenes
29c8f4aec77c1ca9f5b89d09f7b30e52.jpg

Tsunami

Established
I'm sorry if what I said was offensive or generalizing. These were my personal experiences with Korean people as a person of color. Many have had these experiences as well. Koreans are romanticized around the world now because of kpop and kdramas and a lot of fans have no idea of the reality. This is why I gave my perspective.
Ahhh no, no, I just said it as a conclusion to our talks, of course, it is good to share our experience! It is important and I cherish that, didn't mean to sound patronizing...sorry! Peace and love for all races and religions! <3

Tsunami

Established
Yeah when they're in the states they don't usually whitewash them so I've seen them on the cover of magazines and on tv looking much darker than they normally look. And I agree they look much better with their natural skin tones and no makeup. Jk really shocked me when I saw he was actually a tanned complexion.

U.S. red carpet
View attachment 60883
View attachment 60885
Never understood this pale white mania.... Like I know we white people have been like the conquerors, the "trendy" ones and such, but come on, its 21 century.... shouldn't people start appreciating their own looks and not try to be someone or something else...

queen82

Star

U.S. red carpet
View attachment 60883
View attachment 60885
he looks a vampire in the second picture

gmmontano92

Established
I dont see how or shy teen girls would find guys attractive wearing more makeup than them

It's crazy cuz kpop idols look so much better with their natural skin tones,hair and eyes
See, this is what has been sort of the last straw with BTS for me as far as finding them attractive. When they performed Dynamite at AGT last year, I mean they've alway worn makeup (obviously) but they usually tone it done for American performances. This time they went all out and it was a really big turnoff for me. Call me old fashioned, homo/transphobic, whatever but I'm in the camp of having a very stern definition of what a man should be, how they should look, ect and absolutely despise the men who wear makeup. It's just sooo unattractive to me. Ironically, this was the first time my mom has seen BTS and pointed out how much my fiance looks like a white (white/Guatemalan mix) version of Taehyung. I never noticed it before and now I can't unsee it 1629486548903.png

Yes their fans always accuse others of being racist to b+s and not respecting them cuz they are koreans

The same fans then turn around and demean other kpop groups for only being big in south Korea and only winning korean awards and not being nominated in American award shows like b+s

They actually say thst b+s is too good for Korea-that's actually their fans looking down on their home,their culture,their family and friends
It's reverse racism. Accusing others of belittling their roots, while doing the same to other artists. They're also so racist to Americans who interact with the members. The fans don't want btees to be called kpop artists. Their genre is kpop. It was good enough to get to this level of fame, but not good enough for them now.

in there performance they have the l0ver boy swirl
View attachment 60847
They're making it so obvious. It's either to mock people who know or they're supporting pedos. Either way, I can't support them. That's disgusting because they have a minor in the group.