Baptism: the New Birth Experience

elsbet's cat ^. .^

Established
... the whole congregation prays for the baby to grow safe and for God and the Angels to guard him etc it’s actually all the opposite of a “curse” instead is to bless and wish a fruitful happy life.
The family's commitment in the presence of the church, a blessing on the child and '...asking God to provide them with courage and wisdom as the child grows up.' I like this.

Matthew 3:13-17 NIV
The Baptism of Jesus - Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
As for baptism in general...
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm addressing the misconception of Baptismal Regeneration.

Baptismal Regeneration
The belief that baptism is necessary for salvation- that regeneration does not occur until a person is water baptized.

Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus’ death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation.

The consequences of this doctrine, when carried to a logical conclusion, are devastating. A soldier who believes on the battlefield but is killed before he can be baptized would go to hell.
Baptismal Regen.

. . .​

The belief in Baptismal Regeneration is held by Catholics, 7th Day Adventists + the ICOC. There may be others, but these appear to be the top three.
____________​