Why is Feminism much worse than Cancer nowadays that is caused by women which keeps most men single?

Lyfe

Star
Newsflash: there is no hierarchy in being "one flesh". I dont think patriarchy is anymore God's plan than polygamy, r*pe or slavery even though all four are common motifs in scripture. Description is not prescription. As for how people work . . . How many women do you know? Most are not happy with their entire existence revolving around homemaking. There are women who are and that's perfectly fine. But it's far from an intrinsic female quality.
Your the one suggesting that a woman's entire existence under patriarchy days revolved around homemaking. Not me.... Why would you assume that just, because they were married they werent allowed their own hobbies?

Maldarker

Star
Newsflash: there is no hierarchy in being "one flesh". I dont think patriarchy is anymore God's plan than polygamy, r*pe or slavery even though all four are common motifs in scripture. Description is not prescription. As for how people work . . . How many women do you know? Most are not happy with their entire existence revolving around homemaking. There are women who are and that's perfectly fine. But it's far from an intrinsic female quality.
So so much agree with this: "Newsflash: there is no hierarchy in being "one flesh".

Also agree with God's plan...The reason the bible doesn't sugar coat how f'd up we are! Thus the r*pe slavery etc shows how base crappy we are to each other. Which lends back to the statement that in essence we are all flawed to begin with. I have more to say but will leave it at that.

Drifter

Veteran
Newsflash:

Just, because r*pe, polygamy, and slavery are in the Bible doesn't mean God approves of such things. It just means that such occurrences happened and are mentioned in the Bible.
Just because patriarchy is in the bible doesnt mean God approved of it either. There is not a single scripture in whch men are told to lead or rule over their wives. Not a single one.

Your the one suggesting that a woman's entire existence under patriarchy days revolved around homemaking. Not me.... Why would you assume that just, because they were married they werent allowed their own hobbies?
I'm not assuming anything. Ancient world literature and legal documents are replete with proof that women were largely only considered valuable because of their ability to bear children. They were considered property to most civilizations. Early Christianity stands in stark contrast to the culture it was birthed in for the way in which women were restored dignity as actual human beings. Might be why Christanity was mocked by Roman leaders as being an effeminate religion largely followed by women, children and slaves. Women especially were drawn to the teachings of Christ.

Drifter

Veteran
So so much agree with this: "Newsflash: there is no hierarchy in being "one flesh".

Also agree with God's plan...The reason the bible doesn't sugar coat how f'd up we are! Thus the r*pe slavery etc shows how base crappy we are to each other. Which lends back to the statement that in essence we are all flawed to begin with. I have more to say but will leave it at that.
The saddest thing to me, given how the world has worked since then, is that the creation story shows by far the most intimate union and relationship between the first man and woman. Nothing in other religious myths that I've read compares to it. A lot of it is made clearer in the original language too, English tends to obscure some of the beauty.So given my own views of gender relations it makes things even worse lol.

Yes some do feel like its slavery, myself included thats why we CHOOSE to not be housewives or mothers BUT i dont condemn women who CHOOSE that path, i dont understand why she would want to but then someone might not understand why i like eating pickled onions. I only have a problem with housewifery when a woman does not have choice. Thats the whole point CHOICE
Yup you call submitting to a man slavery. Hopefully you keep that same energy when it comes you submitting to the corporations that don’t love you, won’t mourn your death, will put you on the clock when it comes to your sick days, will tell you what time to come in and leave, will tell you how to dress, how to talk, etc...That’s an even bigger form of slavery right?

You also didn’t answer what women as a unit are contributing. Hopefully if you bring any numbers to the table you show where you’re getting them from(I.e. source)....

Lyfe

Star
Just because patriarchy is in the bible doesnt mean God approved of it either. There is not a single scripture in whch men are told to lead or rule over their wives. Not a single one.

I'm not assuming anything. Ancient world literature and legal documents are replete with proof that women were largely only considered valuable because of their ability to bear children. They were considered property to most civilizations. Early Christianity stands in stark contrast to the culture it was birthed in for the way in which women were restored dignity as actual human beings. Might be why Christanity was mocked by Roman leaders as being an effeminate religion largely followed by women, children and slaves. Women especially were drawn to the teachings of Christ.

Ephesians 5:22-25

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

..and yes you would be assuming, because you are still acting as if these legal documents somehow dictated that women weren't allowed or didnt have their own hobbies within marriage. Not only that, but you are again using something like these so called documents and then spinning them to arrive at a certain outcome. If I had documents stating how useful a man is regarding physical labor does that imply a man is only useful for physical labor?

Lyfe

Star
Not too mention men could not treat their wives horribly under Christ without other men under Christ having an obligation to intevene in said mistreatment. In fact they are compelled to under Christ.

Drifter

Veteran
Ephesians 5:22-25

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

..and yes you would be assuming, because you are still acting as if these legal documents somehow dictated that women weren't allowed or didnt have their own hobbies within marriage. Not only that, but you are again using something like these so called documents and then spinning them to arrive at a certain outcome. If I had documents stating how useful a man is regarding physical labor does that imply a man is only useful for physical labor?
Before I end up typing out a wall of text, tell me now whether or not you'd actually be interested in hearing what I have to say (based on the actual Greek used and based on the culture it was written in). I will however say that the contention is with the word "submit" because Paul has also NOT told husbands to LEAD their wives. He said "love".

Drifter

Veteran
Not too mention men could not treat their wives horribly under Christ without other men under Christ having an obligation to intevene in said mistreatment. In fact they are compelled to under Christ.
Scripture verse for this or is it a man-made doctrine?

Lyfe

Star
Maybe men should take to heart that verse of husbands love your wives...because with the divorce rates etc i don't see it.
I agree, but marriages no longer regard the word of God and the same would apply to women. Its unfair to assume that most divorces are solely the mans fault as well.

The saddest thing to me, given how the world has worked since then, is that the creation story shows by far the most intimate union and relationship between the first man and woman. Nothing in other religious myths that I've read compares to it. A lot of it is made clearer in the original language too, English tends to obscure some of the beauty.So given my own views of gender relations it makes things even worse lol.
Even the original translations were corrupted. The word translated as "The Lord" was Elohim, which is a compound of "Eloah"goddess, and a masculine plural ending, "im", god/goddess. Thus it was said "they were made in Elohim's image, male and female created he them".

Lyfe

Star
Scripture verse for this or is it a man-made doctrine?
What?

If a man is following Christ he is also compelled by these very doctrines of Christ to intervene in any circumstance of mistreatment. Especially if he is aware that another woman is being misfairly treated by the husband. Why is that hard to understand? Its all about accountability.

Yup you call submitting to a man slavery. Hopefully you keep that same energy when it comes you submitting to the corporations that don’t love you, won’t mourn your death, will put you on the clock when it comes to your sick days, will tell you what time to come in and leave, will tell you how to dress, how to talk, etc...That’s an even bigger form of slavery right?

You also didn’t answer what women as a unit are contributing. Hopefully if you bring any numbers to the table you show where you’re getting them from(I.e. source)....
I dont submit to anyone or anything love. I have more rights and freedom working and earning my own money than being a housewife. I go to work, i get a wage and if i want something i buy it, i dont have to ask permission. Slavery is not someone who earns a wage and has the freedom to choose, I also have the freedom to leave my job if i dont like it, I dont worry about having medical insurance from my workplace either, Ive left a few jobs i dont like. Cant just walk away from motherhood or housewifery.

Seeing as women are the main contributors to the care, hospitality, manufacturing and cleaning industries they seem to contribute a hell of a lot. Not to mention they are the main unpaid elderly and child carers even when working full time. Saving the tax payer billions a year. They seem to contribute a hell of a lot more than men

Lyfe

Star
Before I end up typing out a wall of text, tell me now whether or not you'd actually be interested in hearing what I have to say (based on the actual Greek used and based on the culture it was written in). I will however say that the contention is with the word "submit" because Paul has also NOT told husbands to LEAD their wives. He said "love".
You are going to have to type out a wall of text then if you feel compelled to, because its almost impossible to arrive at another conclusion given the plainness of these scriptures.

1Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

Drifter

Veteran
No because men have always been considered full people. Women were not.
You are going to have to type out a wall of text then if you feel compelled to, because its almost impossible to arrive at another conclusion given the plainness of these scriptures.

1Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.
Were these scriptures first written in English seeing as they're so plain?

Lyfe

Star
No because men have always been considered full people. Even his family life was largely just a s

Were these scriptures first written in English seeing as they're so plain?
You can provide the mistranslated words and see if they lead to a different conclusion.

Drifter

Veteran
What?

If a man is following Christ he is also compelled by these very doctrines of Christ to intervene in any circumstance of mistreatment. Especially if he is aware that another woman is being misfairly treated by the husband. Why is that hard to understand? Its all about accountability.
EVERYONE is called to accountability. Husbands are not held as accountable for their wives. If they were the "heads" in the sense you seem to believe, it would make no sense for women to be accountable before God.

Drifter

Veteran
You can provide the mistranslated words and see if they lead to a different conclusion.
It's not a mistranslation in the first verse you provided. It's more a case of lost context through language gaps between Greek and English syntax.

Lyfe

Star
You are welcome to provide how it should read then. I will await your exegesis. Cant say i am expecting anything less than more twisting of scripture tho.