Why is Christ the only hope for mankind?

Lyfe

Star
Christ is the only hope for mankind, because he is the only means in which man can be saved from the coming judgment.

Lyfe

Star
Your response is quite typical as well and echoes the evergrowing anti biblical trend of the day and could even be argued as brainwashing as well since its such a fashionable response. Now its not even the sign of a free thinker to riticule the bible, it could be seen as a hivemind or bandwagon response.

Either way no response is sufficient or will appease you, whether that response be logic based or based on superstition or scripture based...

There are things we have choice over and there are things we have no choice or control over. We cant choose to be born. We have no choice that the sky is blue. We have no choice that our bodies are dependent on oxygen. We have no choice that we all become old and eventually die. We have no choice over reality and what is. If anything all existence has taught is that we have no choice over our creation or the creators design, natural laws, or plan for us. Whether we accept his ways or not is irrelevant, because ultimately we have no choice over any of that. What we can choose is to accept that or fight against it. It doesnt make sense, because you think its supposed to make sense in the first place or that its meant to appease your logic.

Christ died for the sin of the world. If you are able to accept the reality that God is just and holy and judge then it makes perfect sense that he would execute justice on transgressors of his law.

Last edited:
Your response is quite typical as well and echoes the evergrowing anti biblical trend of the day and could even be argued as brainwashing as well since its such a fashionable response. Now its not even the sign of a free thinker to riticule the bible, it could be seen as a hivemind or bandwagon response.

Either way no response is sufficient or will appease you, whether that response be logic based or based on superstition or scripture based...

There are things we have choice over and there are things we have no choice or control over. We cant choose to be born. We have no choice that the sky is blue. We have no choice that our bodies are dependent on oxygen. We have no choice that we all become old and eventually die. We have no choice over reality and what is. If anything all existence has taught is that we have no choice over our creation or the creators design, natural laws, or plan for us. Whether we accept his ways or not is irrelevant, because ultimately we have no choice over any of that. What we can choose is to accept that or fight against it. It doesnt make sense, because you think its supposed to make sense in the first place or that its meant to appease your logic.

Christ died for the sin of the world. If you are able to accept the reality that God is just and holy and judge then it makes perfect sense that he would execute justice on transgressors of his law.

you're anti biblical, i'm pro biblical.
you're reducing the bible to nothing..taking out the entire meaning and just 'derp JEZUZ IS LORD' crap
what are you, a pagan? is Jesus like Odin now?

a real religion asks questions on the problem of evil...and provides real solutions.

'derp Jezuz' is not the NT answer.
Jesus taught far more than what you think he did. There is an entire spiritual system behind it..and it connects to Jesus..but when he said 'No one can get to the Father without the Son'
that wasn't about 'confessing Jesus' that you make out..it isnt so much that you're not mean to believe in Jesus..but 'The Son' is a whole different topic, a bigger topic.
The Son is just a metaphor for THE LOGOS.
the logos is the universal consciousness...

Jesus preached the UNITY OF CONSCIOUSNESS..
the early Christians, the apostles, spoke of 'dying with him'..
this wasnt make belief..they were in a deep spiritual state of unity with Jesus. The whole 'true vine and branches'...
you only have to observe how they were all taken from this world, most of them were crucified later.
they gave up their 'self' and merged with the universal consciousness, the logos through the union they had with Jesus.

Jesus was telling his followers 'remain in me'.

you guys do all the things Jesus didnt do, then act like you are spiritually connected with him..yet have nothing to show for it.

God didn't create us to punish us, He created us as expressions/manifestations of the Logos..each of us different/unique and all of us returning back to our spiritual home...the Logos.

Jesus represents that journey...and sure enough a spiritual connection to Jesus will bring you back to the Logos..
but 'only hope'?
sorry, that's nonsense. Jesus will be rejecting many who believe in him.

Lyfe

Star
It sounds to me like you have bought into the new age version of Jesus. There are many new age authors who rewrite Jesus and assign different meanings to scripture. What most don't realize is that these new age writers rehash and repackage what other new age authors write and many of the most prominent authors admit to having their information channeled to them through non human entities. This so called knowledge comes somewhere and has a source somewhere. This so called spiritual knowledge and spiritual enlightenment is not man made. It comes directly from entities. The Bible warns of deceiving spirits...

1Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Gal 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

The world is rife with spiritual revelation deriving from non human entities. These entities would teach man various spiritualities. They were always counterfeit though and deceived man as to who or what their real nature is. They want to turn man away from the living Christ. Demons know who Jesus is. They know he is the only hope and salvation for man and they will lie and deceive any man away from him and God. These teachings you hold to derive from spirits, not man.

Revelation 12:9 talks about how Satan deceived the whole world and he has. Take it from someone who used to be a renown new ager. He believed as you do, but when he came to Christ the very spirits that proclaimed to be his friends to aid him in his spiritual journey to enlightenment tried to kill him and tormented him.

Lisa

Superstar
No disrespect, but i dont even know what the original post was saying.
it made no sense, it didnt quite explain why Christ is the ONLY hope for mankind.

-God is pure, therefore God has to judge sin
-we are sinful
-therefore Christ

Yet the same Christ you claim you believe in, taught FORGIVENESS and LOVE...and that too from humans.
Yet God who is perfect, can't just forgive and love humans no questions asked, no..now they MUST believe in Christ, or else, off with their heads..

Yes that really makes sense.
I think you’re not taking into consideration how bad sin really is to God. Sin is so bad that..He will throw you into a lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth forever. Its so bad His Son who knew no sin, became sin for us and was sacrificed for our sins..because without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness. Sin is so bad that someone or something (used to be animals) has to lose their life to save us. Just think if we had to pay the price for our own sins...lose our lives, shed our own blood...there really wouldn’t be anyone left on earth.

Now, you only believe in Jesus to be saved from the ultimate punishment from sin eternity in the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth...where you would have gone but now you will be with the God who saved you, your sins forgiven and where you can have a relationship with the living God! Can you in islam have a relationship with your god..would he save you from your sins or do you hope you do good enough not to suffer and get the 72 virgins?

A Freeman

Superstar
Sin = breaking The Law, found in the first five books of the Bible, namely Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

1 John 3:4-10
3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also The Law: for sin is the transgression of The Law.
3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our (past) sins; and in him is no sin.
3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he (Christ) is righteous.
3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the Beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever DOETH NOT righteousness is NOT of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Christ made it crystal clear The Law will NEVER be destroyed. So why do "Christians" teach and do the exact opposite of what Christ says?

Matthew 5:17-19
5:17 Think NOT that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am NOT come to destroy, but to fulfill [fully preach The Law (The Torah) and fulfill the prophecies about the first coming of the Messiah].
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till ALL be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in The Kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in The Kingdom of heaven.

The ultimate penalty for our continued rebellion against God and His Law is The Fire, as it says throughout the Old Covenant, New Covenant and hundreds of times more in the Quran.

Malachi 4
4:1 For, behold, the Day cometh, that shall burn like an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts, that it shall leave of them neither root nor branch (nothing).
4:2 But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in The Day that I shall do [this], saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts.
4:4 Remember ye and return to The Law of Moses My servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, [with] the Statutes and Judgments.
4:5 Behold, I will send you EliJAH the Prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the "I AM" (Sura 43:61):
4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse (see verse 4:1 above for details of the curse).

This is exactly why The Messiah/Christ/Mahdi IS the Only Hope for Mankind, and why His Second Coming is prophesied in the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Quran.

It sounds to me like you have bought into the new age version of Jesus. There are many new age authors who rewrite Jesus and assign different meanings to scripture. What most don't realize is that these new age writers rehash and repackage what other new age authors write and many of the most prominent authors admit to having their information channeled to them through non human entities. This so called knowledge comes somewhere and has a source somewhere. This so called spiritual knowledge and spiritual enlightenment is not man made. It comes directly from entities. The Bible warns of deceiving spirits...

1Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Gal 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

The world is rife with spiritual revelation deriving from non human entities. These entities would teach man various spiritualities. They were always counterfeit though and deceived man as to who or what their real nature is. They want to turn man away from the living Christ. Demons know who Jesus is. They know he is the only hope and salvation for man and they will lie and deceive any man away from him and God. These teachings you hold to derive from spirits, not man.

Revelation 12:9 talks about how Satan deceived the whole world and he has. Take it from someone who used to be a renown new ager. He believed as you do, but when he came to Christ the very spirits that proclaimed to be his friends to aid him in his spiritual journey to enlightenment tried to kill him and tormented him.

I'm not reading any of that as it's based off a wrong assumption.

1) Greek Hellenistic philosophy which had merged Persian/Indian and Egyptian mythology into its own...was the New Age of its time.
It was the Greeks who came up with the Logos concept. An interpretation of the Universal consciousness concept from INDIA and Egypt. Eg the primordial waters.

2) the jewish philosophy Philo introduced the logos into Judaism ..he was not a prophet. He just read about it and saw that the concept of "the image of God" was essentially the same.
It is only after that he metaphorically described the image/logos as "the only begotten son of God"
Jesus furthermore adopted Hellenistic ideas like Hades...which had no place in Judaism.
Even the story of the 3 wise men..they were magians, not Jews. This proves that the whole concept of the Word made flesh was an idea existing in the entire region from Egypt to India..they all believed in the idea of the incarnation...another non biblical concept.
3) my understanding goes back to the roots. I have discarded xtian thinking as you guys are delusional and generally ignorant.
I go and read up on the likes of Philo, Plotinus and Augustine.
You guys with your "derp Jezuz" "derp holy ghost" bring embarassment to any seeker.
You guys just follow this crap because it's your self identity as xtians..you didnt find it as seekers...you only repeated it as a cult members.

4) the concept of the incarnation...is Hindu..it isn't Jewish. It had no place in the Torah. That is why Jews rejected Jesus. Yet the "truth" was bigger than Judaism and that was what God wanted to show.
The universal consciousness idea...it's the same as being made in the IMAGE of God"
The image of God is the primordial origin.

Why did God use the Greeks to spread Christianity through ? What did the Greeks do? They conquered all the way to India. They merged the knowledge of those places they conquered and the fruit of their philosophy was manifested as Jesus.
That's why the Magians recognised Jesus as the incarnation.
Such concepts were foreign to mainstream Judaism.

5) why is new age a bad thing? There were many similar religions in the time period that believed In their own saviour eg Mani being one.just because there were gnostics and other movements...there was still Jesus. In the same way the new age era in the west..ultimately is about a yearning for what Jesus ultimately represents.
Even if the new age goes on to follow false messiahs...the movement still leads to Jesus.

6) my main point is that the Son/Logos is something universal not just Jesus Christ.
Even so the son is not God...the son is transparent and has no power of its own...it is like a prism...
@shankara you guys believe Maya is the prism from which Brahman reveals Qualities...this happens at the level of Vishnu. It's the same thing here..if you read the NT with a deeper understanding the words make more sense.

The xtians reject all that...but Jesus even said "I have many more things to say to you but you cannot bear to hear them right now".
The holy spirit bringing the deeper concepts did it through Islam.
Although on the surface level ppl think Islam isn't deep. It is...when you study the esoteric side of Islam.
Ultimately it's the same idea...
The ultimate reality is the same for all people..our interpretations and language differs.

7) finally, there is no bigger antichrist religion than xtianity with its roman pagan roots.
you believe in a mangod
you believe in a system without laws
you literally believe in the antichrist.

i believe in much bigger/better things than that.

Lyfe

Star
I gave part of my testimony in another thread about how God through the holy spirit came in and delivered me from alcoholism within a matter of a day. I had gone years mentally and spiritually enslaved to alcohol. There wasnt a day that went by where I did not think about drinking. Then in a near death experience I repented and gave my life to Christ. My mind was harassed by daily and habitual nagging inescapable thoughts of alcohol and when it wasnt around it was all i thought about. Then those desires and thoughts that plagued and harassed me ceased within a matter of a day and I have not had one thought or desire to drink since. Not only that, but I lived in earthly anxiety and was consumed by anger, frustration, and despair. Not only did God deliver me from my alcoholism, but ever since I have known zero to little earthly anxiety and I can finally look at the sky again and smile as that frustration and despair is gone and now there is a stillness and serenity and hope. This is a work of Gods regenerative work he does on man through the indwelling and outpouring of the holy ghost as in Gods word it is written that Jesus came to heal and bring wholeness. I know what was done and for my mind and will to be enslaved by alcohol and thoughts of alcohol for years to be freed from that within a day is nothing short of supernatural.

I marvel at how complicated people desire to make God out to be when he has been here through his word all along as easily as it is accessible in the scriptures. You can literally find a Bible anywhere accessible to anyone. People would rather chase ancient wisdom and uncover deep underlying spiritual meanings within spiritualities on the internet or in some new age store as if God is hidden and needs to be discovered through esoteric means than just accept the simplicity of how accessible he really is through the word of God. God didnt make himself unknowable as if one has to read a book on theosophy and be initiated through spiritual practices to find him. People would rather God be knowledge than accept his invitation to have a real personal relationship with him. Its so simple yet the world wants to complicate God. People would rather seek knowledge and uncover the mysteries and find fulfillment and enlightenment there than accept how simple the reality of Gods manifestation and declaration to the world really is. Its crazy how deceiving spirits can blind people from this reality and make something so simple and easy to find undesirable. God made himself knowable yet the world rejects how simple he really made it.

Matt 22:1 And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying,
Matt 22:2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son,
Matt 22:3 and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come.
Matt 22:4 Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.”’
Matt 22:5 But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business,

Lyfe

Star
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Cor 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Cor 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

I gave part of my testimony in another thread about how God through the holy spirit came in and delivered me from alcoholism within a matter of a day. I had gone years mentally and spiritually enslaved to alcohol. There wasnt a day that went by where I did not think about drinking. Then in a near death experience I repented and gave my life to Christ. My mind was harassed by daily and habitual nagging inescapable thoughts of alcohol and when it wasnt around it was all i thought about. Then those desires and thoughts that plagued and harassed me ceased within a matter of a day and I have not had one thought or desire to drink since. Not only that, but I lived in earthly anxiety and was consumed by anger, frustration, and despair. Not only did God deliver me from my alcoholism, but ever since I have known zero to little earthly anxiety and I can finally look at the sky again and smile as that frustration and despair is gone and now there is a stillness and serenity and hope. This is a work of Gods regenerative work he does on man through the indwelling and outpouring of the holy ghost as in Gods word it is written that Jesus came to heal and bring wholeness. I know what was done and for my mind and will to be enslaved by alcohol and thoughts of alcohol for years to be freed from that within a day is nothing short of supernatural.

I marvel at how complicated people desire to make God out to be when he has been here through his word all along as easily as it is accessible in the scriptures. You can literally find a Bible anywhere accessible to anyone. People would rather chase ancient wisdom and uncover deep underlying spiritual meanings within spiritualities on the internet or in some new age store as if God is hidden and needs to be discovered through esoteric means than just accept the simplicity of how accessible he really is through the word of God. God didnt make himself unknowable as if one has to read a book on theosophy and be initiated through spiritual practices to find him. People would rather God be knowledge than accept his invitation to have a real personal relationship with him. Its so simple yet the world wants to complicate God. People would rather seek knowledge and uncover the mysteries and find fulfillment and enlightenment there than accept how simple the reality of Gods manifestation and declaration to the world really is. Its crazy how deceiving spirits can blind people from this reality and make something so simple and easy to find undesirable. God made himself knowable yet the world rejects how simple he really made it.

Matt 22:1 And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying,
Matt 22:2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son,
Matt 22:3 and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come.
Matt 22:4 Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.”’
Matt 22:5 But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business,

nothing complicated about God.
there is no man-God. Simple.

Lots of people from other religions defeat alcoholism, drug addiction, depression etc. Lots of xtians fail at it everyday after being baptised. If it's the kick you need, to reach rock bottom and project your change onto an external power, then that's what worked for you. every one is different.

There are mysteries to God its stated in the Bible, we aren't supposed to know everything unfortunately. They will be revealed in time. But it doesnt make sense for God not to punish people who sin. This argument reminds me of how we cannot forgive certain things and yet God can. Just like we cant understand his judgement.

1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Cor 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Cor 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
it wasnt the concept of the incarnation that the greeks found foolish, it was the concept of MARTYDOM..the concept of being ALIVE rather than Dead.
islam for example teaches us that Martys are living not dead.
'think not of the slain as dead, no they are alive'.
Furthermore, it was the idea that a single man's martydom was going to have any impact on others.
The flaw here, was that they didn't understand the spiritual union and metaphysical effects imparted on those in union with Jesus.

Just because the greeks didnt understand some of the more Abrahimic concepts like the sacrifice, doesn't mean they had no involvement in the origins of Christianity.

you obv don't like what im saying as it seems very insulting, but if you pay attention, ive not once mocked authentic christianity or the NT.
The way it works, is that the heart is a mirror...
im sure you're familiar with related verses in the bible. The heart is a mirror, it reflects what image your mind focuses on. If a person's heart reflects the qualities of Jesus, then it goes without saying the heart and in turn, the qualities of that person will naturally become Jesus-like.

Jesus said 'make your eye single' (the mind's eye, the object of your focus).
He said 'you cannot serve 2 masters.'
So basically for your heart to reflect Jesus, all 'else' must be pushed aside.
in sufi islam this is called Fana-fi-Rasul.
'I am the true vine and GOD is the Garderner'
think about this, if Jesus is the true vine, and a person can become a branch through this spiritual connection, that doesnt mean Jesus is God does it? it's not possible, Jesus is not the garderner aswell as the vine. Jesus is the vine. 'remain inme and i will remain in you'.
this is conditional on you remaining in Jesus..and that means attaining that level what the sufis called 'Fana fi Rasul' (the concept is the same, the metaphysics the same, just a different religion here).
look at it says in the wiki link
This is the second level of Fana where the seeker annihilates in the being of Rasool. This is only possible through Ishq-e-Rasool.

ishq e rasool means LOVE for the Rasool (messenger of God).
Just as a person becoming a branch, has no will of his own anymore, but the entire tree controls it, a person becomes a servant of Jesus (just like the apostles were)..effectively like a body part of Jesus, bending to his will..
in the greater scheme, God is the Garderner, so the tree itself has no will of it's own and in the end all that remains is the act of God.
now back to Love, Jesus said so already
"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Despite what im saying above just being a common truth and a shared understanding, xtians don't like it..it isnt what they've been taught and due to arrogance they think they know their religion, when they're actually really lacking.

The greeks may have had the theoretical ideas, they didnt posess the core religion and the concepts within it like the spiritual union...they didnt know what 'submitting to the will of God' was about.
When i talk about the universal consciousness, that doesnt mean i have merged with it, does it? it just means theoretically i understand the idea.
well, christianity is supposed to be the religion representing the theoretical side...and that's a whole different story since it's easy to think of things, but to follow them is another story.

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- Because Jesus can get us off this painful "prison planet"..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if Jesus was black, would you be saying this?
Yup, I'd gladly escape down the Swanee River with him anytime.. :p

Kung Fu

Superstar
They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men ... Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho. Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded ... Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

Hope for mankind? If you mean killing innocent babies, men, and women and then taking little virgin girls as slaves than yes, you're right.

Lisa, is this true?

Tidal said- Because Jesus can get us off this painful "prison planet"..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, I'd gladly escape down the Swanee River with him anytime.. :p

Except none of you would be xtian if he was black.