Why Even Pre-tribbers Need To Prepare!

cajun

Established
I remember coming across a chance mention of Cheney and Bush discussing some kind of false Return of Christ in a book years ago. Way before this stuff started to pop up in the internet.

Notice the date on the paper this youtuber is reading: 1994.

If there is to be a false Return, it has to be accompanied by a false Tribulation. Which will not be false to those who are caught, any more than the horrible violence in Syrian villages today is to be shrugged off just because it is not the Biblical Tribulation but is just human warfare.

Pre-Tribbers will be suffering alongside other Christians even if they are RIGHT!

Thunderian

Superstar
I always wonder why those who aren't pre-trib are so against the view? I mean, almost every article I read about the pre-wrath/post-trib/mid-trib/whatever view spends the bulk of their words making fun of pre-tribbers and telling everyone how stupid that stance is.

Read a pre-trib article, and you'll find that generally they are filled with scriptural arguments FOR the pre-trib view, rather than pages about how idiotic the other views are. I wonder why that is.

cajun

Established
I always wonder why those who aren't pre-trib are so against the view? I mean, almost every article I read about the pre-wrath/post-trib/mid-trib/whatever view spends the bulk of their words making fun of pre-tribbers and telling everyone how stupid that stance is.

Read a pre-trib article, and you'll find that generally they are filled with scriptural arguments FOR the pre-trib view, rather than pages about how idiotic the other views are. I wonder why that is.
Maybe it is because pre-tribbers are so divisive that they use the doctrine as a litmus test even though it is not actually that important. If you are Christ's and remain faithful, you will be Raptured. The others may be mocking pretribbers in self-defense, which is unfortunate. I've seen Christians ambushed and disfellowshipped by pretribbers, I've never seen the opposite.

Lisa

Superstar
Maybe it is because pre-tribbers are so divisive that they use the doctrine as a litmus test even though it is not actually that important. If you are Christ's and remain faithful, you will be Raptured. The others may be mocking pretribbers in self-defense, which is unfortunate. I've seen Christians ambushed and disfellowshipped by pretribbers, I've never seen the opposite.
I think it's important to rightly divide God's word....

Ya, pretribbers aren't very nice when you tell them they could be wrong about the whole rapture thing...maybe they are scared you're right? I was reading this one pretribber who said that he hoped that pre wrathers got what they said would come but since he thought it was pre trib he thought the pre wrath people were gonna get lucky.

Thunderian

Superstar
Maybe it is because pre-tribbers are so divisive that they use the doctrine as a litmus test even though it is not actually that important.
Litmus test for what? I have good Christian fellowship with believers who hold other views of the Rapture. There are people in my church who don't believe in it. It's not a salvational issue.

cajun

Established
In some churches, the AofG, for example, pastors will periodically question individual believers and even note their responses. I'll never forget the time a bible-study class I was in received such a visit and how everyone was required to state their position. I was honest, that I just didn't know, but that wasn't good enough. I ended up joining a group of those who failed that test in a new independent start-up who were all cast out on that one campaign. And they heard that the AofG pastors in a number of churches fid that in the same month.

That was twenty years ago. Since then I've bumped into a variety of Christians in social settings who would ask a couple of test-questions including pre-trib by way of introducing themselves. I have never met a non-pre-tribber who makes that questipn a test for acceptable fellowship.

cajun

Established
Anyway, my point in this thread is that there is growing evidence that some governments might use the Tribulation narrative as a cover for totalitarian persecution. That scenario would cause everyone to be subject to great suffering before the full tribulation really begins.

Violette

Star
Is there anything in scripture that suggests anything besides a pre-trib rapture?
“For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ
‭‭I Thessalonians‬ ‭5:9
Christians will not suffer the wrath that is to come because of God's character. The suffering during the tribulation will be worse than anything we could anticipate for. God spared Lot before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, He spared Noah before the flood, and I am confident He will spare us before the tribulation.

Thunderian

Superstar
In some churches, the AofG, for example, pastors will periodically question individual believers and even note their responses. I'll never forget the time a bible-study class I was in received such a visit and how everyone was required to state their position. I was honest, that I just didn't know, but that wasn't good enough. I ended up joining a group of those who failed that test in a new independent start-up who were all cast out on that one campaign. And they heard that the AofG pastors in a number of churches fid that in the same month.
That was twenty years ago. Since then I've bumped into a variety of Christians in social settings who would ask a couple of test-questions including pre-trib by way of introducing themselves. I have never met a non-pre-tribber who makes that questipn a test for acceptable fellowship.
I've never heard of anything like this.

cajun

Established
Is there anything in scripture that suggests anything besides a pre-trib rapture?
“For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ
Christians will not suffer the wrath that is to come because of God's character. The suffering during the tribulation will be worse than anything we could anticipate for. God spared Lot before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, He spared Noah before the flood, and I am confident He will spare us before the tribulation.
That is a very unusual translation, Violette. May I ask what version?

Tatilina

Star
God didn't remove Noah or Lot from the earth either though. He provided protection and a way out. Just like he provided protection for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from burning into ashes in the furnace.

Violette

Star
God didn't remove Noah or Lot from the earth either though. He provided protection and a way out. Just like he provided protection for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from burning into ashes in the furnace.
I'm aware he didn't remove them from the earth it wasn't necessary. It would be necessary for Christians to not be here during the tribulation because of horrible suffering and persecution they would endure. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were protected by God but that's a different situation. Lots of people in the Bible are protected by God in miraculous ways (ex: Daniel, Jonah) but I'm discussing instances of God sparing his people during times of judgment due to intense wickedness on the earth.

Tatilina

Star
I'm aware he didn't remove them from the earth it wasn't necessary. It would be necessary for Christians to not be here during the tribulation because of horrible suffering and persecution they would endure. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were protected by God but that's a different situation. Lots of people in the Bible are protected by God in miraculous ways (ex: Daniel, Jonah) but I'm discussing instances of God sparing his people during times of judgment due to intense wickedness on the earth.
All Christians must go through tribulation

Acts 14:22

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

The dispute is whether or not this great tribulation is God's wrath. I don't personally believe they are one and the same. We are always going through tribulation, but for us in Canada and the US, it is a very mild tribulation. We are very spoiled compared to others who are not as fortunate and this is why I cannot believe in the American Pre-trib.

Last edited:

Tatilina

Star
This is a bible verse? Is this 1 Thessalonians 5:9?

Not it is not, this is
1 Thessalonians 5:9New King James Version (NKJV)
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

I said that referenced the BOOK, CHAPTER AND VERSE, not the actual scripture. You didn't quote the exact scripture, that's ALL I was saying.